IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct Bessie, I guess allot of us are just thinking all the video cameras, esp the doorway one is where the hoodie description came from.
True if there are eye witnesses, that could be their description, but was it light enough to see the SUEDE? and how far away was the eyewitness?
I actually have to feel some suede because some flannels and wools 'look' like suede to me??? JMOO

Something I can't figure out (any thoughts?)-

It seems the running theory of police is that the burglar(s) were already there on the street from other house burglary a bit earlier and were kind of canvassing the neighboring houses, noticed Davey leaving a little after 6am, and thus decided no one was home and took their opportunity to go into the Blackburn house.

Since when does a young adult man leaving early in the morning mean no one is home? Why would a burglar assume that he was unmarried and no one else was in that house? Pretty obvious it's a home where a single man that age is unlikely to just live by himself. Seems like a classic neighborhood of couples and families from what I can tell.

I'm not comprehending the specificity and connection of 1) hanging out and canvassing after already having burglarized a house 2) Davey leaving and immediately assuming the house was vacant.

Additional thought: If the theory is that the burglar did NOT assume the house was empty just b/c Davey was gone, but rather knew it would just be easier to burglarize the home even if his wife was there, then something would have been stolen. I don't believe that a burglar would go into a home expecting to have confrontation and still not steal anything in the end.

At the end of the day, the encounter at the Blackburn's was a complete loss for the burglar/murderer. They stole nothing, gained nothing, and killed a woman (and her unborn child). I guess what I'm saying is that I can't come up with a motive. Crazed out on drugs is about the ONLY thing that makes sense to me in the "random crime of opportunity" scenario.
It's not a "running theory" that the suspect was already on the street, etc., it's a fact. Surveillance video and eyewitnesses attest to it.

Since when do burglars not canvass neighborhoods and hit multiple homes at one time?

Since when do burglars (robbers) hit only unoccupied homes? When did they start caring?

Do you know that nothing was stolen?

Since when does there have to be a motive?

Have you heard of the Lash family in Atlanta? Young, beautiful couple like the Blackburns. Four teens approached the house at 7:30 p.m. on a summer evening, barely dark, and asked to borrow a tire iron. Shot the husband in the leg, shot AT the wife as she ran out the back door with the baby, and left with a cell phone.

In that case, surveillance video from a nearby business was crappy, too, but the couple was able to provide information for a sketch. The shooter had a piercing in the middle of his forehead. Too bad the Blackburn perp doesn't. He wouldn't be able to hide it with the hoodie.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/teens-shoot-man-fire-at-wife-during-nw-atlanta-hom/nnL7b/

If someone knew that the suspect was seen driving that particular suv the night before along with noticing the suspect trying to sell a Toshiba laptop accompanied by the fact that he was also seen in similar clothing the night before; Then the totality of the little they do have can add up to the right person.

Maybe a lead can say I saw the suspect at this store the night before and you may want to check the feed. Now imo; The night before is important because the perp was probably up and out all night and into the early morning.

Now if he sold the goods without going to a pawn shop; Then how would a suspicious buyer know that the goods was possibly taken from the previous home burglary.

So if they feel that the public doesn't need to see minimum things that may can help connect the right dot then hey.

Just my thoughts at the moment.

My opinion is that everything that LE has said/done regarding this case has been very tactical and rightfully so.

Anybody happen to know when and where the funeral will be held? I know they had the Memorial service yesterday in Indianapolis but I wondered if they would be taking her home to Elkhart for burial?

I was wondering that myself. I have not seen it reported where she will be buried. I assumed, since her casket was there, that the hearse would take her to a local cemetery right after the service, or drive/fly her body to Elkhart. I wonder if there is any video showing the hearse and the casket being brought into the church, outdoor shots, with family and friends.

My husband's cousin had a "Celebration of Life" when she died and that was the funeral.

Something I can't figure out (any thoughts?)-

It seems the running theory of police is that the burglar(s) were already there on the street from other house burglary a bit earlier and were kind of canvassing the neighboring houses, noticed Davey leaving a little after 6am, and thus decided no one was home and took their opportunity to go into the Blackburn house.

Since when does a young adult man leaving early in the morning mean no one is home? Why would a burglar assume that he was unmarried and no one else was in that house? Pretty obvious it's a home where a single man that age is unlikely to just live by himself. Seems like a classic neighborhood of couples and families from what I can tell.

I'm not comprehending the specificity and connection of 1) hanging out and canvassing after already having burglarized a house 2) Davey leaving and immediately assuming the house was vacant.

Additional thought: If the theory is that the burglar did NOT assume the house was empty just b/c Davey was gone, but rather knew it would just be easier to burglarize the home even if his wife was there, then something would have been stolen. I don't believe that a burglar would go into a home expecting to have confrontation and still not steal anything in the end.

At the end of the day, the encounter at the Blackburn's was a complete loss for the burglar/murderer. They stole nothing, gained nothing, and killed a woman (and her unborn child). I guess what I'm saying is that I can't come up with a motive. Crazed out on drugs is about the ONLY thing that makes sense to me in the "random crime of opportunity" scenario.

Thoughts:

I think the police are sure the van and burglar(s) were already on the street and robbed the other house first. I think it's more than a theory.

I can't say for sure if they believed Davey leaving meant the house was empty, but they might have assumed Amanda was still asleep. The night someone tried to break into my house it was 2am but I just happened to be on the phone. When I said "Someone's breaking into the house!" (brilliant, I know) the person bolted out the back door. I'd been home all night so I'm assuming he/she didn't think the place was empty. I don't know the numbers but people break into places when the occupants are home all the time.

Wasn't something stolen though? I don't know, maybe he grabbed something first, killed her, dropped whatever it was and ran out, or maybe he killed her first then panicked and left without taking anything.

IMO the motive was simply burglary and killing Amanda was unplanned. I'm not getting a crazed out on drugs feeling because they had to be somewhat organized. The money they were hoping to get might have been for drugs though.

IIRC, and Bessie help me out here, the California brothers and the girlfriend who were murdered on ?Christmas Eve? in the mall parking lot, LE released a description of the clothing. They didn't release any of the surveillance video from the mall or the parking lot even though they had it IIRC? I believe he was wearing tan pants and a distinctive hoodie too. We speculated on that case that the perp worked for a nearby Target, and that turned out to be true. I wonder if there are any Target stores near the Blackburn's residence?

Lets brainstorm why they haven't released a photo.

1. They don't have one.
2. They don't have a shot of his face. (But still could show suede hoodie/clothing)
3. They don't want the public to know who he is for some reason. Either for public safety or something else. Don't know why public safety issue would be any different in this case vs others where photos were released.
4. They already know who and where he is but can't get him for some reason. Don't know what the reason could be though.

Any one else?
1. They do have video.
2. The hood was "cinched" down over his face.
3. In all likelihood, the public wouldn't know who he is even if they did see the video.
4. I don't believe they know for sure who he is. Hopefully, by now they've narrowed down the possibilities from the tips coming in by phone, and from information gleaned on the streets.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Invasion-Indianapolis&p=12189498#post12189498

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Invasion-Indianapolis&p=12189460#post12189460

It's not a "running theory" that the suspect was already on the street, etc., it's a fact. Surveillance video and eyewitnesses attest to it.

Since when do burglars not canvass neighborhoods and hit multiple homes at one time?

Since when do burglars (robbers) hit only unoccupied homes? When did they start caring?

Have you heard of the Lash family in Atlanta? Young, beautiful couple like the Blackburns. Four teens approached the house at 7:30 p.m. on a summer evening, barely dark, and asked to borrow a tire iron. Shot the husband in the leg, shot AT the wife as she ran out the back door with the baby, and left with a cell phone.

In that case, surveillance video from a nearby business was crappy, too, but the couple was able to provide information for a sketch. The the shooter had a piercing in the middle of his forehead. Too bad the Blackburn perp doesn't. He wouldn't be able to hide it with the hoodie.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/teens-shoot-man-fire-at-wife-during-nw-atlanta-hom/nnL7b/

By running theory I was referring to speculation of the burglar's(s') intention- entering the Blackburn home specifically because of, and after having watched Davey leave. Yes, it's definitely confirmed that the perps were on the street ahead of time. I just don't think there is anyway we can know as fact at this point whether they actually saw with their eyes Davey leaving and/or were waiting on that exact thing, etc.

True - I don't know that nothing was stolen. Definitely an assumption on my part and not backed by fact. Should have stated MOO. In fact, I just a minute ago found an article from Inside Edition (I know, I know...) that says things WERE stolen but police declined to say what! (can link, but is IE considered MSM?) That's the first I've heard affirmatively- most of what I had read before said police had just not said whether there was or wasn't. And then there was this, that in my mind translates to "did not actually end up burglarizing", but I think the wording must just be very poor (bbm): "fatally shot by someone police suspect was trying to burglarize her home" http://www.independentmail.com/news...es-clues-in-amanda-blackburn-slaying_61336914

By my finding no motive at this time, I mean that I find no motive- not that I think there has to be one. Which is why I think that this person or persons must have been truly out of their right mind. Like perhaps drugs. Just MOO :moo:

IIRC, and Bessie help me out here, the California brothers and the girlfriend who were murdered on ?Christmas Eve? in the mall parking lot, LE released a description of the clothing. They didn't release any of the surveillance video from the mall or the parking lot even though they had it IIRC? I believe he was wearing tan pants and a distinctive hoodie too. We speculated on that case that the perp worked for a nearby Target, and that turned out to be true. I wonder if there are any Target stores near the Blackburn's residence?
Yep, all of that is correct, as far as I can recall. It was the Belvedere case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2-San-Diego-24-Dec-2013-1&highlight=belvedere

Kendra Hatcher was killed in her parking garage. And once the owner seen his jeep on tv it lead to an arrest fairly quickly. The driver's face couldn't really be seen and the other perp was never seen on video either. But releasing what they did have helped in that particular case. At least until they allowed the ex girlfriend mastermind to escape and leave town while they were twiddling their thumbs. Jmo

So if there is a mastermind behind this; I doubt they will stick around either.

The biggest reason LE should release a photo is because they said they would. They have one, they know his face and they will find him is what was said at the presser 3+ days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By running theory I was referring to speculation of the burglar's(s') intention- entering the Blackburn home specifically because of, and after having watched Davey leave. Yes, it's definitely confirmed that the perps were on the street ahead of time. I just don't think there is anyway we can know as fact at this point whether they actually saw with their eyes Davey leaving and/or were waiting on that exact thing, etc.

True - I don't know that nothing was stolen. Definitely an assumption on my part and not backed by fact. Should have stated MOO. In fact, I just a minute ago found an article from Inside Edition (I know, I know...) that says things WERE stolen but police declined to say what! (can link, but is IE considered MSM?) That's the first I've heard affirmatively- most of what I had read before said police had just not said whether there was or wasn't. And then there was this, that in my mind translates to "did not actually end up burglarizing", but I think the wording must just be very poor (bbm): "fatally shot by someone police suspect was trying to burglarize her home" http://www.independentmail.com/news...es-clues-in-amanda-blackburn-slaying_61336914

By my finding no motive at this time, I mean that I find no motive- not that I think there has to be one. Which is why I think that this person or persons must have been truly out of their right mind. Like perhaps drugs. Just MOO :moo:
This is what was stated on Thursday about whether or not items were stolen. As of today, there is still no confirmation.

"I know our detectives are working with the husband to figure out exactly what may have been taken and would lead us down a path of further investigation to see if we can find the killers," he said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Invasion-Indianapolis&p=12189498#post12189498

Today

It is believed that the suspect entered in an attempt to burglarize the home, but police have not said whether anything was stolen.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...eo-suspect-amanda-blackburn-killing/75869730/

Assuming this is the right LA Fitness (closest to the house), there is a Target right there.

http://binged.it/1Oc8QTQ

I can't get that statement out of my head about "selling something from a dead person." I'm wondering if it was her jewelry/wedding ring. If so, that points to an obsession over Davey, to me. Someone wanted Amanda dead. Heck, look at Kendra Hatcher's case, she was able to hire a driver for her hired hit man for a measly 500 bucks.

The biggest reason LE should release a photo is because they said they would. They have one, they know his face and they will find him is what was said at the presser 3+ days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was not stated that they "know his face". Captain Converse said they have a picture of him. Major Hench said the hood was cinched down to cover his face. Hench also said they anticipated being able to release a picture or sketch in the near future. He didn't give a date.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Invasion-Indianapolis&p=12189460#post12189460

Furthermore, it has not been stated that an image will not be released.

Kendra Hatcher was killed in her parking garage. And once the owner seen his jeep on tv it lead to an arrest fairly quickly. The driver's face couldn't really be seen and the other perp was never seen on video either. But releasing what they did have helped in that particular case. At least until they allowed the ex girlfriend mastermind to escape and leave town while they were twiddling their thumbs. Jmo

Right! Releasing the photos is what got the Jeep's owner to call in and say it was his and that's what led to everything else. <modsnip>

In that case, surveillance video from a nearby business was crappy, too, but the couple was able to provide information for a sketch. The shooter had a piercing in the middle of his forehead. Too bad the Blackburn perp doesn't. He wouldn't be able to hide it with the hoodie.

Statistically, most burglars hit between 10a-3p when they think people are least likely to be home. I think the next most common window is in the middle of the night when people would be asleep. Also, they RARELY hit homes on the same street at the same time, usually going back at another date to hit neighboring homes. They are usually in and out in 8-12 minutes so the hanging around part IS odd.

Assuming this is the right LA Fitness (closest to the house), there is a Target right there.

http://binged.it/1Oc8QTQ

I can't get that statement out of my head about "selling something from a dead person." I'm wondering if it was her jewelry/wedding ring. If so, that points to an obsession over Davey, to me. Someone wanted Amanda dead. Heck, look at Kendra Hatcher's case, she was able to hire a driver for her hired hit man for a measly 500 bucks.

Boom. You never know. Maybe the feds are on board also because they feel a connectivity from another state or electronic communications. Idk.

I'd say this perp worked out at the gym with Davey and knew his schedule, plus he was quite open about the temptation in that environment in the Q/A session. And he's right - it can go both ways with temptation/obsession. This person either worked at Target, shopped there because it was by the gym, or knew a person who did who would do his/her bidding for $$ (like Kendra). In Kendra's case, BD wanted Kendra's license. The slight build of the person in the hoodie could allude to the perp being a female as well.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member