IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have my 27" tube tv from 1999; can one person carry a 50" flat screen?

Eta: and wouldn't that be highly visible? A person you don't know, loading a big tv into a SUV you don't recognize at 5:30-6:30am?

I don't think someone who is 5'4 would be able to. I'm 5'6 and know I couldn't. Even for a taller person it would be difficult and unwieldy.

Maybe the car owner or family member of the car owner is being targeted if they just so happened to report the car stolen fairly late and after the fact. Hint the comment about needing to be able to prove certain things.

So I would love to know when the car was reported stolen. And if a family member or the owner is connected; Then any prints or dna in the car will not mean anything since it was their car after all that was just so happened to be stolen overnight and not reported until it was being found. Idk. Just me thinking.

Do you have information to support that? I can recall off the top of my head many instances over the years where mutiple homes in the same neighborhood were hit at the same time.

I do agree with you about the time. Historically, that was the case. But as we've seen in recent years, there is no "norm".

I got this info from my neighborhood crime watch police liason- he hands out fliers. The data source is here, I think - the UCR - https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr.

I don't suppose we know how many cars Amanda and Davey had do we?

I65 is the North South route from Chicago, IL all the way through Indiana South. 465 it the way to avoid Indianapolis and going around it.

Carmel and Fishers, Indiana is where those working in the city with high paying jobs live.

It looks like Davey and Amanda lived not far from what would be called the inner city. Kind of on the fringe.

I also noticed where the car the killer was driving was abandoned sits not to far from Butler University. A big college in Indiana.

I don't think a killer would abandon a get away car too far from his home. It was cold that morning so I am thinking he was close to his home or where he was heading or somebody picked him up there.

MOO

Thanks much for the info here -- local details help so much! So glad you're with us on this one. :)

I don't think someone who is 5'4 would be able to. I'm 5'6 and know I couldn't. Even for a taller person it would be difficult and unwieldy.
ITA. We have a 50" flat screen here on the wall. I'm 5'7 and DH is 5'10", and it took both of us to unload it from the truck and bring into the house.

Here's another thought:

With the description given, 5'4" to 5'9", thin build, light to medium complexion with hood up, could we be looking for a woman? Would that make any difference?

Finally, I've been thinking this as well.

Is it just me or has anyone else thought it a bit strange for LE to make statements as if it is a done deal that this person on the video murdered this woman? Usually we read or hear about a "person of interest" or a "likely" suspect but in this case a lot of the articles are stating that the person in video actually shot her. Usually LE is very careful at how they word things but not here. It's as if this person is arrested the trial has already been held. Strange also that this video hasn't been shown at least a hundred times on Nancy Grace, instead, it isn't being shown at all. Can't figure out some things on this case. :thinking:

So why steal televisions and laptops from a different house first, thereby putting him/herself at risk of being waylaid before s/he could carry out the intended mission?

I'm really afraid it was sexual. Opportunity. Which leads me to think maybe it was somebody in the neighborhood.

Somebody that knew that house was vacant and somebody that knew Davey had a pretty blond wife and he went to the gym early.

I have kind of wondered about all of that. Perhaps not a neighbor but a nephew or friend of a son that would visit and play BB in the driveway.

To stick around the house they first burglarized leads me to believe the owners were out of town. Something usually known by others living there.

MOO

Is it just me or has anyone else thought it a bit strange for LE to make statements as if it is a done deal that this person on the video murdered this woman? Usually we read or hear about a "person of interest" or a "likely" suspect but in this case a lot of the articles are stating that the person in video actually shot her. Usually LE is very careful at how they word things but not here. It's as if this person is arrested the trial has already been held. Strange also that this video hasn't been shown at least a hundred times on Nancy Grace, instead, it isn't being shown at all. Can't figure out some things on this case. :thinking:

BBM

Is it possible that the video happens to actually show the shooting? That would explain why LE is so definite and why they haven't released the video. JMO

Eta: and wouldn't that be highly visible? A person you don't know, loading a big tv into a SUV you don't recognize at 5:30-6:30am?

From reading the article there was just one house robbed? But three tvs, one a 50" and a laptop taken. That would necessitate at least two to three trips to load it into the vehicle or two people involved. Add to that, in the daylight in a close neighborhood. Is there any info out there that I maybe haven't found yet that states all these items came from the same house?

<modsnip>

I just can't understand why the husband's information always seems to be the main topic of the article and the wife's murder appears to just be a "mention".
"Her husband, Davey Blackburn, was a youth pastor at NewSpring in Greenville for four years before moving to Indianapolis to start Resonate Church in January 2012.

He is a graduate of Southern Wesleyan University in Central, South Carolina where he played baseball.

Lets brainstorm why they haven't released a photo.

1. They don't have one.
2. They don't have a shot of his face. (But still could show suede hoodie/clothing)
3. They don't want the public to know who he is for some reason. Either for public safety or something else. Don't know why public safety issue would be any different in this case vs others where photos were released.
4. They already know who and where he is but can't get him for some reason. Don't know what the reason could be though.

Any one else?

I've thought all along either 2: they don't have a good shot of his face & cannot enhance it to make it better;

....................................or 4: they know who it is, but can't find him & don't want to tip him off. Maybe they are doing surveillance.

I find the timing of the burglaries odd. Most neighborhoods are busy in the mornings between 6-8. People are leaving for work, and taking their children to school. Just
so many witnesses out and about to see a burglary in process.

Google earthing the neighborhood, it looks like it is near apartments. Ghettoish sec 8 apartments. North Indianapolis does not have a good reputation.

I think this was some juvenile punk proving himself to a gang. And the driver was a second lieutenant. The early hours could be explained as maybe the kid needed to go to school. Really.

I think this kid is dead, in a river, because the gang leader doesn't want this publicity. And we'll soon hear about some mama missing her "good boy."

Absolutely no involvement by husband, neighbors, or anyone who knew this unfortunate woman, imho.

Drive around with google earth and see if you agree this was just a juvenile punk.

Anyone recall if LE said what time Davey left for the gym that morning? Was it around 5:30am?

Total Newbie here - I signed up just because I find this case so strange.... <modsnip>

Police have said there was no forced entry....and I think that if Amanda was concerned about safety in the area (as has been reported), wouldn't the alarm system have been activated?

<modsnip>
:Welcome1:

to
:websleuther:Websleuths,:websleuther:

:cheer:Wanderlusty:cheer:

We're glad you're with us!!

:thewave:

I think it's obvious there were at least two individuals involved.

The first burglary commenced at about 5:30, then:

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

(Vehicle leaves the area with the stolen items. It is not seen returning to the neighborhood. )

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

(At some point between 6:11and 6:45, the suspect is in the neighborhood, and approaches the Blackburn home.)

Approximately 6:45-6:55, there was a neighbor who reported hearing shots, or what she believed to be shots.

(So let's back up. After the first burglary, around 6:00, suspect is seen "traveling", no vehicle mentioned. I think it means walking. So who drove away in the vehicle?)

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

(This time -- after the murder -- he's definitely walking. He's not driving the dark SUV because it's been driven away by a second individual right after the first burglary. It did not return since there was no loot to haul off. The killer likely alerted the driver of the shooting, and had the driver pick him up outside of the immediate area, rather than drive in again and attract attention. JMO)

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12189460
-----------
Bottom line, you have a vehicle which drives out of the neighborhood and doesn't return. Yet afterward, a suspect is still walking around the neighborhood.

one driver + one walker = two perps.

JMO

As for visibility, burglars have emptied roomsful of furniture from homes and no one paid attention.

I find the timing of the burglaries odd. Most neighborhoods are busy in the mornings between 6-8. People are leaving for work, and taking their children to school. Just
so many witnesses out and about to see a burglary in process.

A juvenile who is accustomed to being up all night might not even have noticed the time since it was still dark out when the crime spree started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome