IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall reading somewhere that the neighbors had bbq's together. Maybe they told someone they were going to be away on vacation on such and such days.

Fox news is miffed as to why the police haven't shown more pictures as well.

The police claim to have seen the perps face but won't release pictures...why?

This case is so incredibly frustrating

house burglarized........3 TV and one was 50" flatscreen........ok guys how long would it take for 2 guys to load up the SUV?
5 min? 10 min? think about the SUV drops off someone, he robs house, takes items to the door, SUV come again and they load up..............in front of house..........no dogs bark? houses are close together.............close neighborhood? **** doesn't even wear camo clothes......almost daylight? nothing adds up........

It's still not adding up for me. This is a nice enough neighborhood, but not the type of place where a burglar would target for a big score. This area was not sought out from a distance or randomly selected. This was a known venue crime. It's a tough place to get in and out without being seen as it is a one way in and one way out street. This is someone who had knowledge of the neighborhood due to proximity. They either lived or did some kind of work in or around this neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox news also stated that the gun found nearby could be important and they are running ballistics. That's not what I found interesting though. I will say they mentioned burglary with forced entry at neighbor's doesn't jive with murder of Amanda without forced entry and time of her shooting cannot be determined since she passed a couple days later. So timeline is an issue.

Fox news is miffed as to why the police haven't shown more pictures as well.

The police claim to have seen the perps face but won't release pictures...why?

This case is so incredibly frustrating

Maybe they are trying to make someone squirm while they gather additional evidence. Once ID'd they will want to move fast to avoid having a runner?

It's still not adding up for me. This is a nice enough neighborhood, but not the type of place where a burglar would target for a big score. This area was not sought out from a distance or randomly selected. This was a known venue crime. It's a tough place to get in and out without being seen as it is a one way in and one way out street. This is someone who had knowledge of the neighborhood due to proximity. They either lived or did some kind of work in or around this neighborhood.

It seems like there was a tipoff that this family would be gone and the house would be an easy target. You wouldn't think a criminal would typically pick a random house on a culdesac and just hope no one is home.

Bessie am I not allowed to mention church videos? They are public record, not cached, still up on the original site they were posted? Linked to in articles and on Resonates social media pages? Is all of the church off limits?

Fox news also stated that the gun found nearby could be important and they are running ballistics. That's not what I found interesting though. I will say they mentioned burglary with forced entry at neighbor's doesn't jive with murder of Amanda without forced entry and time of her shooting cannot be determined since she passed a couple days later. So timeline is an issue.

Timeline really isn't an issue. They have video of him on their doorstep and a neighbor that a heard a noise that sounded like a gunshot. jmo

TY Bessie

Does that mean that anything taken from Amanda's house was small, not large electronics?

I wonder if there was supposed to be a call to pick up robber and haul but the fact that he/she shot her changed plans

That's my take based on the facts as stated by IMPD Major Hench. The transcript is either post 3-4 in this thread.

The SUV left the area at 6:00 A.M. after the first haul to move the "sizable" items to another location. He made no mention of its return. The perp was seen walking away from the Blackburn house. So one can logically deduce that if things went as planned, the SUV would have returned. Or that the "walker" figured he'd check out another house for cash or small items he could carry away.

What these individuals did is no different than what goes on in cities around the nation every single day.

I'd say either's a good possibility, particularly the latter.

Bessie am I not allowed to mention church videos? They are public record, not cached, still up on the original site they were posted? Linked to in articles and on Resonates social media pages? Is all of the church off limits?
Not to bash the husband.

My intention was to point out her body language as it's the only recent footage anyone has of her. People claim she was carefree and happy, and maybe something was bothering her. Based on her demeanor in videos. I didn't bash the husband to my recollection? Or say her body language pertaining to him. But yes, pertaining to the discussion.
So what is the point of discussing her demeanor?

Exact quote from Fox News: "The police have a new clue in the murder mystery in the heartland. Investigators found a gun near the home where an Indpls pastor's pregnant wife was fatally shot. That pastor also speaking out for the first time. With more on this case lets bring in attorney and Fox News anchor Greg Jarret. Obviously the gun is a huge clue. They will be able to trace the serial number assuming its not been obliterated, find the history of that weapon, where it came from, find out who had it last. fingerprints, DNA, all of that is going to be important. It could be incriminating of the pastor or exculpating of the pastor. And remember, technology is so sophisticated now you can exactly match the slug to the barrel of the gun, just like finger prints so that will be key. But nobody is thinking that the pastor... well... he... the police basically said he is not a suspect. Yes, that is what they say. They have not named him a suspect or person of interest. But they cannot ignore him, they have to check out his story. Why? Because statistically husbands and boyfriends are the highest percentage of killers of female murder victims. It is 35% according to the Dept of Justice. That is very high. Law enforcement knows this. And the problem here for the pastor is, they can't pin down when she was shot, because she survived, languished, went to the hospital and later died. So it is all together possible, theoretically, that she was shot before the pastor left the house at 6 AM and went off to the gym.
But what about this guy who was seen in the neighborhood, they even have surveillance pictures of this small in stature guy in the hoodie, walking around who is supposed to be a suspect. He is supposed to be a suspect, but there is a problem with inconsistencies there. He broke into another home. Broke in and stole televisions and put them into a dark SUV and drove off. There is no surveillance of the SUV returning. <modsnip>

I also remember from the GMA interview that Davey Blackburn said the neighborhood had just had a bunch of cookouts together. If the homeowner (first burglary) mentioned it at one of those, then *anyone* in the neighborhood could have been aware they would be on vacation.

Interesting. Also, just through random socializing conversation, one could possibly figure out which houses had more valuables in them. Imagine the conversations ' What do you do for a living? I'm about to buy the new Cadillac. We just replaced our tv with a new xyz model. My grandparents passed away and left us their estate. ''.,,, etc etc. You could learn a lot just listening in or engaging in conversation with your neighbors.

Just some thoughts here....& questions...
I went and looked at sunrise/sunset times for Indianapolis for Nov 9th...
Sunrise is 7:22...
If the video capture/pictures shown on the street are the suspicious person arriving...*just after 6:10 approx correct?* wouldn't it have been pitch dark still? The latest it could be would be before 8:30 am when DB arrived back home and found Amanda...
So the video capture must use night vision or something similar? or would something like this have to be enhanced by LE when they are examining it? I know I can inverse in Photoshop...like reversing a negative...what's light goes dark and vice versa....I don't know about video surveillance cameras so?
Also....if you check out a view of the street...where their house is situated....it backs onto another little bay/cul de sac...Sunmeadow Circle...
I cruised into Sunmeadow Circle for a look-see...the only thing separating those backyards from the backyards in Sunnyfield Court...are short picket fences or hedge *or so it appears in Aug 2011 streetview*...you can 'see' right thru to the other houses....
I can't understand why...a person who is robbing houses...you would 'think' would not want to be seen or have to hide their face....would take the route right out in the open on the street ...when there are other entrance/exit points that are less visible...?
The only thing I can think of is...they may have still been under the cover of darkness and felt they were 'invisible' to a degree?
This is all so confusing....
Of course everything I say is just MOO....trying to make sense of the 'un' sensible....
I remember far back there had been mention too that a person or vehicle? had been seen a few blocks or a couple streets over? Maybe I'm remembering wrong...but maybe it was that other bay/cul de sac I mentioned earlier...maybe they'd tried burglarizing there first? So maybe that is why they didn't flee out that way? I just don't know but it's all been going thru my head....
As I said....all MOO...& JMOO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member