IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're coming to this thread to criticize the husband, please don't waste your time. That's not what Websleuths is about, and it certainly isn't "sleuthing". Not only are you bashing a victim, you're doing a disservice to the WS community.

Suggesting a man is responsible for his wife's death because of his use of pronouns is anthithetical to the Websleuths tradition of focusing on factual information. It has no place here.

This message is addressed to all, and to no one in particular.

Hello my friend. Do you think that Tricia will have the chance to interview the head Leo in order for us to clarify some things for us members?

Thanks in advance.

Dexter, this is a GREAT idea.

True Crime Radio will be back December 3rd. I'll see what I can do.

Thank you.

Tricia

Things have slowed down a bit so I thought I would ask a question about something I wonder about.

Somewhere in time I think I read that a lot of the families on that block put in security systems because of something that happened several years ago.

I have heard it referred to a couple of times but have no link.

Does anybody happen to know if anything did happen in that neighborhood to cause homeowners to spend the money on security systems.

TIA
I'm not sure about that particular neighborhood, but these are a couple of articles I posted earlier about crime and safety in Indianapolis, in general.

Home invasions on the rise
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 11:13 am
By Brandon A. Perry

[...]

In recent months, home invasions have struck Central Indiana at an alarming rate.

Most of these incidents, however, have not taken place in areas known for high levels of crime, but in suburban neighborhoods once deemed as safe, including those on the Northside and cities outside of Indianapolis.

In Westfield, 52-year-old Marylyn Erb and her 23-year-old daughter Kelley Erb were found dead last Friday following what police believe was an attempted home robbery. That followed another home invasion in Fishers, and a series of incidents that have taken place in Indianapolis.

Indy residents search for safety after home invasions
By Tim Evans , tim.evans@indystar.com 9:57 p.m. EST November 9, 2013

[...]
Those cases were among at least eight home invasions in the Indianapolis area since mid-September in which residents were terrorized, shot or stabbed.

“Based on what’s being reported,” he said, “there is no question there has been a rash in areas where people are not used to seeing these types of crimes. They also have been very violent. Things like that are going to get people’s attention.”

I'm not sure about that particular neighborhood, but these are a couple of articles I posted earlier about crime and safety in Indianapolis, in general.

Home invasions on the rise
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 11:13 am
By Brandon A. Perry

[...]

In recent months, home invasions have struck Central Indiana at an alarming rate.

Most of these incidents, however, have not taken place in areas known for high levels of crime, but in suburban neighborhoods once deemed as safe, including those on the Northside and cities outside of Indianapolis.

In Westfield, 52-year-old Marylyn Erb and her 23-year-old daughter Kelley Erb were found dead last Friday following what police believe was an attempted home robbery. That followed another home invasion in Fishers, and a series of incidents that have taken place in Indianapolis.

Indy residents search for safety after home invasions
By Tim Evans , tim.evans@indystar.com 9:57 p.m. EST November 9, 2013

[...]
Those cases were among at least eight home invasions in the Indianapolis area since mid-September in which residents were terrorized, shot or stabbed.

“Based on what’s being reported,” he said, “there is no question there has been a rash in areas where people are not used to seeing these types of crimes. They also have been very violent. Things like that are going to get people’s attention.”

Thank you. I am going to do a bit more sleuthing about that neighborhood. Thinking back I think it was one of the neighbors talking to reporters back in the beginning. If I find anything I'll let everybody know.

It's one of those things you hear and need to know.

I did find this about Indianapolis in general for anybody interested in the makeup of the city. http://higley1000.com/archives/36

This makes sense as long as the 911 call doesn't indicate that there had possibly been a crime (shooting, burglary, invasion, assault, etc) committed at the scene, as well. If the (911) caller gave the operator any reason to believe there had been a crime committed, I believe the operator would've dispatched IFD and IMPD simultaneously.

Question* If Amanda was shot 3x, seems husband wd have seen blood & realized that she was shot, stabbed, or suffered other trauma/crime & mentioned the blood, so 911 dispatcher wd/have suspected a crime & sent both FD & PD? Anyone? Thx in adv.

Or maybe Indy 911 automatically sends PD w FD to any accident calls, crime or no suspected crime?
(I've bn told by an EMT that some cities do, so PD can help w poss crowd control, clear traffic, etc) IDK.

Or maybe IndyStar made it seem PD arrived waaaaay after FD's arrival, but it cd/hv bn only ~ a min. or so?IDK.

* ^Question is premised on Amanda being shot 3 times, in hand, torso & head IIRC. IDK if PD verified the 3 gunshots. OTOH, if Amanda was shot only one time and head was bleeding, is it poss husband did not immed'ly see blood from hand or torso, maybe thought she accidentally fell & cracked skull, so dispatcher sent only FD/EMS? JMcts.

Question* If Amanda was shot 3x, seems husband wd have seen blood & realized that she was shot, stabbed, or suffered other trauma/crime & mentioned the blood, so 911 dispatcher wd/have suspected a crime & sent both FD & PD? Anyone? Thx in adv.

Or maybe Indy 911 automatically sends PD w FD to any accident calls, crime or no suspected crime?
(I've bn told by an EMT that some cities do, so PD can help w poss crowd control, clear traffic, etc) IDK.

Or maybe IndyStar made it seem PD arrived waaaaay after FD's arrival, but it cd/hv bn only ~ a min. or so?IDK.

* ^Question is premised on Amanda being shot 3 times, in hand, torso & head IIRC. IDK if PD verified the 3 gunshots. OTOH, if shot only one time, is it poss husband did not immed'ly see blood from hand or torso, for ex, maybe thought she accidentally fell & cracked skull before calling 911, so dispatcher sent only FD/EMS? JMcts.
I think your idea that I've bolded is a good possibility. It sounds like when he first called, he only knew that she was unresponsive and bleeding, but didn't know she'd been shot. Since there was no forced entry, he probably didn't think of a break in. (Considering she was pregnant, his first thoughts might have been along the line of a miscarriage with hemorrhaging, which caused her to pass out and strike her head.) Who knows what went through the poor man's mind.

When ME's arrived and recognized she'd been shot, LE was dispatched to the scene. At least that how it reads to me, but I certainly could be wrong.
===========================================
The case began when IMPD officers were dispatched to a home in the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court to assist Indianapolis Fire Department crews after it was determined a woman at the residence had been assaulted.

Arriving officers found the unresponsive woman inside the home with "apparent signs of trauma," police said. However, according to an IMPD report, the "woman was shot."

Emergency medical personnel then transported Blackburn to IU Health Methodist Hospital.
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ured-morning-shooting-northwestside/75254320/

The gun -- yesterday it was unrelated, today it may be related. Now we have an article saying the photo is of the suspect and the suspect's car (not the SUV)....Say What? I'm reading all this on this thread. Guess it's a waste of time. Maybe I should wait for Indiana LE's next news conference where they talk about Amanda's cute dog. Ugh!
Actually, that was a helpful piece of information, because many questioned why the dogs didn't react. ;)

The gun -- yesterday it was unrelated, today it may be related. Now we have an article saying the photo is of the suspect and the suspect's car (not the SUV)....Say What? I'm reading all this on this thread. Guess it's a waste of time. Maybe I should wait for Indiana LE's next news conference where they talk about Amanda's cute dog. Ugh!

Well, she IS a really cute dog!! :) :moo:

November 11

There are three photos released from inside the house of the home invasion by three unsubs inside the Searsbrook house.

http://fox59.com/2015/11/11/surveillance-photos-show-burglars-breaking-into-northeast-side-home-2/

"... 5700 block of San Clemente Drive around 5:30 Tuesday morning while the residents slept.

"The suspects stole the victim’s [silver Chrysler Sebring] car, credit cards, computer, and cell phone...." "... took headphones, computers and other electronics.”

"the thieves entered ....the patio door and then opened the front door for others to enter."

I do believe that the guy who is seen in CCTV walking down the sidewalk past the Blackburn's has his hoodie off uncovering his head while inside the Searsbrook's home invasion on Nov11. He is shown in a pic holding the homeowner's handbag during the 5:30am home invasion.

November 11

There are three photos released from inside the house of the home invasion by three unsubs inside the Searsbrook house.

http://fox59.com/2015/11/11/surveillance-photos-show-burglars-breaking-into-northeast-side-home-2/

"... 5700 block of San Clemente Drive around 5:30 Tuesday morning while the residents slept.

"The suspects stole the victim’s [silver Chrysler Sebring] car, credit cards, computer, and cell phone...." "... took headphones, computers and other electronics.”

"the thieves entered ....the patio door and then opened the front door for others to enter."

I do believe that the guy who is seen in CCTV walking down the sidewalk past the Blackburn's has his hoodie off uncovering his head while inside the Searsbrook's home invasion on Nov11. He is shown in a pic holding the homeowner's handbag during the 5:30am home invasion.

Wow, I think I assumed all along the other house where this happened was unoccupied. They were inside sleeping? This takes it to a new level in my opinion. These kids didn't care if they came into contact with the residents. Obviously, they had a gun. That must be horrifying for the homeowners to see this on their camera.

So, the house had security signs outside. Why didn't the alarm go off? Was there even a system activated (one would assume with a working camera?)? Many people just have signs (I know people who do that) with no system activated. Maybe these kids assumed such as well.

Husband....snip....is taking some time away from Indianapolis to grieve.

Pastor Davey Blackburn packed his bags and will be away from Indianapolis during a mourning period....

http://www.wthr.com/story/30553062/pastor-takes-time-away-from-indianapolis-to-mourn-slain-wife

Wonder where he is going and with whom? I would think little Weston would not want his daddy to be out of his sight since his mom has been gone.

I would never want to go back to Indy and especially that house. Nowhere does it say he is leaving his child.

November 11

Wow!! I think there's a good possibility that is the same guy. The clothing is a match. Same time of day, just the next morning. The locations are approx 10 miles apart. I sure hope LE is looking into a possible connection n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Husband....snip....is taking some time away from Indianapolis to grieve.

Pastor Davey Blackburn packed his bags and will be away from Indianapolis during a mourning period....

http://www.wthr.com/story/30553062/pastor-takes-time-away-from-indianapolis-to-mourn-slain-wife

Wonder where he is going and with whom? I would think little Weston would not want his daddy to be out of his sight since his mom has been gone.

Where does it say he isn't taking Weston with him? It is very logical and reasonable to believe Davey and Weston are both going home to be with both Amanda and Davey's families back in Kentucky. At times like this there is nothing more comforting than to be around loving families and friends.

Davey seems to love his son very much so he isn't going to leave him behind.IMO Weston has a father who is perfectly capable of caring for him.

Davey has had to put up a strong front for his congregation/Weston/families and he knew he had to get through Amanda's funeral the best he could but now all of his sadness and loss is hitting home. Its always the worst after the funeral is over and that is the time when it hits someone the hardest who has lost someone they love.

I wish him and Weston all the best. May Davey one day find some type of healing and peace. Weston will always know how loving and good his Mommy was to him and Davey will tell him often that Mommy is looking down from Heaven and she will never leave them. imo.

I can fully understand why he cant stay in their home. Its just too painful and a constant reminder of what happened and how he no longer has his lovely wife or the mother of his little boy and knowing now he will raise Weston without his mommy, But countless fathers do an excellent job raising their children alone and Davey will be a great father to Weston too. IMO Davey, both of his families and church will make sure Weston feels much loved.

This is one of the great tragedies about senseless home invasion murders like this and in seconds life is changed forever because of evil, not only for the victim/s, but their families who will never to be the same again. They both had such a bright future ahead of them both and then in a blink of an eye.....evil stepped in and destroyed it all and changed everything.

IMO

It sounds like all of this is just now starting to hit Davey. He was strong during "crisis mode" while Amanda was on life support and during her funeral - and it's now sinking in that's she's really gone. I don't blame him one bit from needing a break from the house, not only because of the trauma of her being murdered there but also because I would be scared to return. It wouldn't feel safe.

I think it's likely he's returned to his family. I hope he and Weston are able to grieve in private and heal.

Yeah, I would not want to stay in a house where my loved one was so brutally killed. It would just bring back too many memories.

And Davey may be one of these people who does not like to cry in front of people.

jmo

Did they say this person seen walking down the street was seen in the house that burglarized?
Is it at all possible these are 2 separate crimes by two separate ppl?
The SUV left the area.

I'm very confused.

DB was on Fox and Friends this morning. I don't see the video up on their site, but it may be added later. When they introduced him, they did say "joining us live from South Carolina"

Its early so I am not had my coffee yet. Just to clarify. Is this another home burglary seven miles away about an hour before the Blackburn homicide?

November 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody