IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to turn out to be some really dumb criminals. One of these clowns was using her Debit card at different locations right after she was murdered. (Of course, we have to assume he knew his buddy just murdered her, don't we ? )
Of course they're dumb, not unlike most of the modern day perpetrators committing home burglaries and robberies. As I've said repeatedly, there is no rhyme or reason. No common sense. And somewhat like the foreign terrorists who pose a threat, these perps are hard to deter because they plain don't give a da*n. Broad daylight, security cameras, double bolt locks, dogs, a house full of people, the risk of life in prison -- none of that stops them. Not even the threat of death. Those who think it can't happen in their neighborhoods are sadly mistaken. Using a victim's debit and credit cards is common, btw.

ETA: Thank you for posting the tweets, and to all who have posted MSM to keep the thread updated!

I didn't realize when I first started following this case that she was actually from where I live. Her father is a pastor in a church a mile and 1/2 from where I live. She graduated from a christian school here. I hope they find who did this to her. I can't believe the evil in this world.

Four suspects questioned in connection to death of Amanda Blackburn
TheIndyChannel.com Staff
8:59 AM, Nov 19, 2015
2 hours ago

[...]

It is unknown whether an arrest will come from the questioning, but the four are in police custody.

They were found overnight at two different locations by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. IMPD raided the two locations Thursday morning with search warrants, including an apartment complex on the northeast side where they had taken three of the four suspects into custody. A source told RTV6 they were looking for clothing that the killer or killers were wearing the day surveillance photos captured them on Sunnyfield Court following Blackburn's death at her home on that road.

==================

The following statement was issued to RTV6:

"At this point in the investigation, we cannot confirm, nor do we know that Amanda Blackburn was sexually abused.
That information may change as more evidence comes in, but at this time nothing in our investigation shows that."
Lt. Richard Riddle, IMPD Spokesperson.

IMPD also issued a more general statement Thursday about the status of the investigation:

Investigators continue to follow up on all investigative leads in the murder of Amanda Blackburn. We continue to talk with individuals who may have some knowledge of the case. We will keep you posted on any new developments. No other information is available at this time.

TheIndyChannel.com Staff
2 hours ago

[...]

It is unknown whether an arrest will come from the questioning, but the four are in police custody.

They were found overnight at two different locations by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. IMPD raided the two locations Thursday morning with search warrants, including an apartment complex on the northeast side where they had taken three of the four suspects into custody. A source told RTV6 they were looking for clothing that the killer or killers were wearing the day surveillance photos captured them on Sunnyfield Court following Blackburn's death at her home on that road.

==================

"At this point in the investigation, we cannot confirm, nor do we know that Amanda Blackburn was sexually abused.
That information may change as more evidence comes in, but at this time nothing in our investigation shows that."

IMPD also issued a more general statement Thursday about the status of the investigation:

Investigators continue to follow up on all investigative leads in the murder of Amanda Blackburn. We continue to talk with individuals who may have some knowledge of the case. We will keep you posted on any new developments. No other information is available at this time.

FOUR. 3 at an apartment and a 4th??? Wow! Hoping they're getting close.

The recording in black and white indicates the camera using an infered technique. There were no lights on in the room.

I didn't realize when I first started following this case that she was actually from where I live. Her father is a pastor in a church a mile and 1/2 from where I live. She graduated from a christian school here. I hope they find who did this to her. I can't believe the evil in this world.

How far is your town from Indianapolis? TIA!

To tell you the truth. All 4 should get life in jail. Because home invasions are similar to terrorist attacks.

So all 4 should be charged with terror crimes since all home invasions and burglaries usually leave good people to feel terror either during or after the fact.

Btw. Imo. Home invaders are all rapists as well. Maybe not sexually. But definitely from an humanitarian stand point. Jmo

Chances are these guys are not first time offenders, so I bet they'll get life in.

I thank you my friend. But I no longer want to hear about the sexual assault.

Now I know that it's probably a fact. But we still don't have to hear it every time. Jmo.

Btw. Nothing personal. But if Anjelica Hadsell or Doctor Teresa Sievers was raped as well.

I truly wouldnt want to discuss the rape part since the murder is enough for me.

But I guess that I should just scroll and roll since the word rape or sexual assault makes me somewhat quezzy.

So carry on and I apologize for trying to stop you from simply reporting the actual facts.

So thanks for the further updates.

I was hoping they wouldn't hop on that. Let it be. We don't have to know anything.

I do think LE wanted to spare this good Christian woman and her loved ones from reading all the gory details in the newspaper. They tried to keep that part quiet.

But somebody 'within' became a big shot and gave it to his buddy a reporter..as the rumors start and sensualize murders and rapes.

TheIndyChannel.com Staff
2 hours ago

[...]

==================

I wonder how close these apartments are from the Blackburn home? I noticed some not great apartments when I did a Bing search on the area.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Sgt. Kendale Adams acknowledged late in the evening that the two people were questioned about the slaying of the pastor’s wife during an attempted burglary last week. The individuals were later taken into custody on charges unrelated to either the Blackburn killing or another burglary that happened on the same street earlier that morning.
That could mean they are not suspects in the Blackburn case. But it could mean they are suspects who are being held, at least for now, on a charge unrelated to the Blackburn case. Adams would not specifically say.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/.../?hootPostID=71098b57b8db93be2834cf28e68e8a22

The police may do that in most cases but when it comes to murder especially in a high profile case the y will charge the person along with the district attorney. You only get one chance with a murder case (Double Jeopardy)
I see what he's saying too but as I've worked with LE and in Fraud Investigations my whole career, those in the know, know -

Police will charge whoever they can with whatever they can.

Rule of thumb.

So if they find the slightest skerrick of evidence - in this case, hanging out with a rapist/murderer could be construed as "prior knowledge" you and I both know

Theyre gonna throw the book at em

Police = charge first, ask questions later.

It's their oxygen. Finding then charging a little crim with Whatever They Possibly Can.

Maybe not so much in a high profile case, but that is police mindset. Catch em Charge em.

ETA: it's the reason DA's exist - to reign in Police Zealousness. Make sure they have sufficient evidence etc. Be the buffer between LE and Judiciary who otherwise would hear all sorts of half baked cases based on gut and not much else.

[video=twitter;667507580936306688]https://twitter.com/jdisis/status/667507580936306688[/video]

So the press has taken us on a wild goose chase ?

"sources say"<<<<just sayn....

<modsnip>

Or maybe the Source is not correct?

It just seems so ODD, a home invasion/rape/murder, at that hour of the day. Especially when a Husband may have been home or about to come home (did the Perps STALK the family?).

Also hoping the source is mistaken...but sadly not all types of sexual assault require one to be undressed. And at that hour a nightgown, robe, etc. would not be unusual and would not make such an assault obvious, especially with the distraction of blood, gun shot wound, obvious signs of a robbery having occurred, etc.

To tell you the truth. All 4 should get life in jail. Because home invasions are similar to terrorist attacks.

So all 4 should be charged with terror crimes since all home invasions and burglaries usually leave good people to feel terror either during or after the fact.

Btw. Imo. Home invaders are all rapists as well. Maybe not sexually. But definitely from an humanitarian stand point. Jmo
I do not know if Indiana has the death penalty but certainly a murder and brutality of this young woman deserves the death penaly. It is felony murder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member