IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yerp, they processed it quickly and found no prints, no dna, no signs of breakin, absolutely nothing but Amanda on the floor.

and they don't EXPECT to find anything else

Arrest imminent imo. Crime scenes released that early? Someone's getting their ducks in a row...

I dunno. I'm inclined to think that maybe LE does have DNA. According to this statement:

"To the individual who committed this crime, you are not as good as you think you are...got away with it, but you left something behind and we will find you, we are coming to get you," IMPD Asst. Commander Eric Hench said at a news conference last week.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30558459/persons-of-interest-questioned-in-amanda-blackburn-murder

I know Hench didn't specifically say DNA but it does imply something identifiable was left behind and I doubt he meant something obvious like a wallet. At least I hope it was DNA as that would help close the case quickly.

Please provide a link which states evidence processing has been completed. You just provided it for me thanks. They've fast tracked the dna swabs>>>evidence collected now being tested.
Police looking closely at evidence and tips in Blackburn case
Posted 8:49 PM, November 18, 2015, by Jake Miller, Updated at 08:51pm, November 18, 2015

Detectives were back in the Woods of North Kessler neighborhood today looking for evidence and making sure nothing has been left uncovered.

Investigators are sifting through everything in the case- like the handgun that was found not far from the Blackburn’s home—to the surveillance video showing the man they believe is involved.

Investigators are looking at the finer points of the video- how the man was walking, his gestures and what he may have been doing.

They are monitoring the Blackburn’s financial records.

[...]
“Something as heinous as this… we wanna make sure we leave no stone uncovered,” said IMPD Lieutenant Rich Riddle.

Detectives hope DNA leads to Amanda Blackburn killer
By Julian Grace Published: November 18, 2015, 6:36 pm Updated: November 20, 2015, 3:35 pm

[...]

“They will swab the steering wheel, or the gear shift, or places they know the person who stole the car touched,” said Paul Minser, with Indiana State Police who works with forensics.

[...]
24-Hour News 8, has learned that Marion County Forensic Director Michael Medler is fast tracking the evidence in Blackburn’s case through the DNA process.

You cant send DNA away BEFORE you've found it by processing Amanda...

Just sayn...

Watch the presser again, folks.

35 year IMPD vet looks like he is going to poop his pants. First time he's ever had to address the media (in 35 years?). Looks very unprepared and unconfident. Even looks ashamed when the other official 'saves' him midway through the presser.

Why did the audio get wacky right when Capt Converse was giving the exact time that puts the suspect at the crime scene? I am trying to read his lips. Does he say "eleven _____"?

To be honest, this presser was an absolute disaster for IMPD. The talk about an "individual" but associate him/her with absolutely nothing. It's a bunch of unfinished thoughts, basically.

So we have an "individual" with a dark suv.

First of all that person burgaled the neighbours, loaded up the SUV with the gear, drove away, then CAME BACK and went straight for the Blackburns.

Proof that he went straight for the Blackburns = no one else was burgled.

He was wandering about all over yet only hit two houses.

He also drove away and came back in between.

That is the oddest Burglar behavior ever, especially when you consider

He didn't even steal anything from the Blackburns

Just murdered and ran

LE should be able to tell us what time he LEFT the Blackburns, as yet they haven't

Wonder why...
The facts seem to indicate there was more than one perpetrator. One drove away in the SUV, and the other remained behind on foot.
At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving. Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

So we have an "individual" with a dark suv.

First of all that person burgaled the neighbours, loaded up the SUV with the gear, drove away, then CAME BACK and went straight for the Blackburns.

Proof that he went straight for the Blackburns = no one else was burgled.

He was wandering about all over yet only hit two houses.

He also drove away and came back in between.

That is the oddest Burglar behavior ever, especially when you consider

He didn't even steal anything from the Blackburns

Just murdered and ran

LE should be able to tell us what time he LEFT the Blackburns, as yet they haven't

Wonder why...

As with most of your other assertions, you have not provided a link to state that nothing was stolen from the Blackburns. Please provide a link that states this to improve your credibility. Thanks.

Why not? He could have been jealous of all things she had and he did not. Love, family, financial security, beauty, happiness, material possessions, a heart.

It's all about power and maybe he feels more powerful by taking away all of hers so cruelly. Watching her terror and helplessness was enjoyable for him. People so full of hate don't always make a lot of sense.

It's possible the perp hated Davey? Davey seemed to have it all- handsome, beautiful wife and baby, charismatic personality, popular, seemed to have life figured out, etc. right? Might be that this guy hated Davey for this/was jealous and what better way to ruin Davey's life than assault and murder his wife.... Just floating a motive idea. And a way to connect how she might have been purposely targeted and might very well be someone they knew from the church likely (at least that is how I imagine the perp possibly having encountered them- some type of mission work in the poorer areas. Maybe part of #ForIndy)

imo it is a denial

"nothing" to show a sexual assault is just that

nothing

No disruption of clothing, no bruising, no semen, I don't want to get really graphic but when a lady wakes up in the morning she's kinda sealed shut and they've done an autopsy with a rape kit which showed "nothing", the timeframe doesn't lend itself to a rape, the burglary doesn't either.

I can tell you from experience a Murder with a sexual assault is a whole other ball game and would most likely involve us being shown an efit, the entire footage of the perp, the Alleged ATM close up, Public Warnings etc. The crime scene remaining sealed!

Basically I cant PROVE the Police are telling the truth re. sexual assault, but there is a pile of evidence that says There Was No Sexual Assault so Im going with that.

There was no denial, they would of said no she wasn't. They most likely will not say anything until all the autopsy results are in. They left it an open statement, it was pretty much an I don't know. We'll find out when LE is good and ready.

Has it been stated by LE that nothing was stolen from the Blackburn home?
I seem to be missing a lot

You aren't missing anything, I don't think. They have not stated that nothing was stolen. Last I heard they were working with DB to determine "what if anything" had been stolen. But I haven't heard anything beyond that. I think that some people have their own theories and they are starting to be stated as fact, and it's becoming very confusing. This thread has been one of the more frustrating cases to follow because of that.

Sexual assault doesn't necessarily have to mean sexual intercourse IMO. There are other forms of sexual assault that might not be recognized immediately at the scene but will be found during the autopsy.

Sexual assault doesn't necessarily have to mean sexual intercourse IMO. There are other forms of sexual assault that might not be recognized immediately at the scene but will be found during the autopsy.

Does the perp appear gloved, anyone know?

I can assure you my local papers (Murdoch owned) are hand in hand with Police and only print what police tell them.

It is probably different in the States.

Well that's good for them, but all papers are not alike are they. I've no control over any of them, they'd be run that way if I did.

Its not Random.

It was planned.

Police need to find out who planned it and why.

I think they have an excellent idea which is why they released the crime scene so early.

:( Poor Amanda. It seems she did indeed have One Enemy, she didn't even know about.

But we don't know that. You keep saying that you are only going with what the police say and nothing else. But where is the link that shows they stating this was a planned crime and not random? So much is being said here that has not been confirmed by LE and it's really gotten quite confusing since people seem to have forgotten that they need to include "IMO" when they are stating their own theories or thoughts.

We don't know 100% nothing was stolen
We don't know 100% this was a planned murder
We don't know 100% she was not sexually assaulted
The ONLY thing we really know 100% is that AB was murdered. The police are really giving us very little else to go on.

I was surprised too that LE released the house so quickly.

Detectives and a second crime lab team revisited the Blackburn home on Sunnyfield Court on Indianapolis' northwest side Wednesday night after releasing the house Tuesday back to the family.

A local professional commercial cleaning company had already been called in and had left the home by Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

I assume when Davey called 911 for help and they took Amanda straight to the er that he went with her. I wonder how long LE stayed at the house after Davey left and why, why would they release the house back to him that fast then realize they needed to go back a second time using electric saws. Then they find out a cleaning co. had already been there!

http://www.wthr.com/story/30494979/n...ant-woman-dead

I assume when Davey called 911 for help and they took Amanda straight to the er that he went with her. I wonder how long LE stayed at the house after Davey left and why, why would they release the house back to him that fast then realize they needed to go back a second time using electric saws. Then they find out a cleaning co. had already been there!

http://www.wthr.com/story/30494979/n...ant-woman-dead

Taking out drywall?
Blood splatter?

I agree, why did they have to go back a second time, why wasn't everything processed the first time?

The facts seem to indicate there was more than one perpetrator. One drove away in the SUV, and the other remained behind on foot.
At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving. Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This is exactly what the surveillance stills 8 houses down from the Blackburn residence shows. It shows an individual walking in the total opposite ("away") direction of both crime scenes.

It is being reported confirmed sexual assault? I posted it a couple pages back.

http://myfox8.com/2015/11/20/police-say-pastors-wife-killed-in-home-invasion-was-raped-by-killer/

edited to ad link

Police have said there is "nothing" to imply sexual assault yet that is being ignored by everyone BUT me it seems...

anyway the EVIDENCE that police are going toward a Planned Crime is as follows

1. no sign of forced entry
2. DB appearance on Crime Watch "Amanda had no Enemies" = police have ASKED him if she has any = not Random
3. This is being called a Murder not a Bungled Burglary or a Home Invasion or a Sexual Assault Murder

I work on Evidence and everything I post is my opinion

Same as everyone else

Police have said there is "nothing" to imply sexual assault yet that is being ignored by everyone BUT me it seems...

anyway the EVIDENCE that police are going toward a Planned Crime is as follows

1. no sign of forced entry
2. DB appearance on Crime Watch "Amanda had no Enemies" = police have ASKED him if she has any = not Random
3. This is being called a Murder not a Bungled Burglary or a Home Invasion or a Sexual Assault Murder

I work on Evidence and everything I post is my opinion

Same as everyone else

The police spokesperson has stated that. But there have been various other reports and while no, we may not have a source for that information yet, it's still not 100% ruled out. They still have DNA out, we don't know how far they have gotten in any of their processes, or if there is information they are withholding for specific reasons. We don't know if there was or wasn't a sexual assault at this time. The police spokesperson walked fine eggshells when making that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper