IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know he was caught on more than one camera by more than one neighbor at more than one time.

Coming out and stating "he was going the wrong way" is a bit of a reach imo, when we know he seemed to be wandering (and driving his suv) all over the cul de sac.

Very bizarre behavior for a burglar imo.

No less bizarre than shooting a defenseless mom in the head though I guess...

In the released photos, he was NOT going toward the Blackburn home. Now, he might have been coming from it but the released photos do NOT show him going toward it as somebody stated.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Granted Police do use confidential informants in the course of their investigations. your insinuation that cases only get solved because of informants is kind of insulting (retired law enforcement). Police work is tedious information given by informants is a tool. Their information must be supported by facts to support a prosecution. As you stated informants are self serving therfore must be vetted. The notion that All cases will be solved and investigators are only as good as the informant is the tail wagging the dog!

I used to do criminal defense work. Most cases I dealt with were not solved by criminal informants - those were usually the big drug busts or medicaid/worker's comp frauds, that's usually when you use paid informants or undercover officers. The vast majority of burglaries, assaults, rapes, and murders I dealt with were solved by a combination of forensic evidence, witnesses, and video surveillance. I agree with Sgt. Friday. :twocents:

This link says the cops stated there was a rape.

http://abc13.com/news/police-pregna...a-was-raped-by-her-killer-or-killers/1092653/

Sorry if this has been posted or has already been discredited somehow. Trying to websleuth at work is hard business the way these threads move so fast.

The original story said a high ranking source at the police department said there was a sexual assault. Then the department released a carefully worded statement that really didn't deny it as forcefully as it could have.

In the released photos, he was NOT going toward the Blackburn home. Now, he might have been coming from it but the released photos do NOT show him going toward it as somebody stated.

What's more, theres more than one cctv footage of him.

So he was wandering about.

He was SEEN!

Skulking about with his hoodie covering his face!

Police just said "there's footage and here's a still" I think...?

Ok so Police at this stage had

1. found Amanda insitu (no signs of rape)
2. had a rape kit performed immediately (ditto)
3. had an autopsy (also no signs of rape)
4. came out and had a presser SAYING theres no sign of rape

so im leaning toward, (heavily) No Rape.

That's not what they said. They said they cannot confirm and that they do not know. That's an entirely different animal than a straight denial, particularly when dealing with LE statements to the media about an ongoing case.

Check the photo of the house at this link:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ured-morning-shooting-northwestside/75254320/

There's a yellow pickup truck backed in the driveway. It appears part of the writing says "Carpet." If you click the "buy" button you can see a slightly expanded version and it appears to say "Carpet and Upholstery." I assume this photo was taken by the news crew after the attack. Did police allow a carpet cleaning crew in that quickly?

I was surprised too that LE released the house so quickly.

Detectives and a second crime lab team revisited the Blackburn home on Sunnyfield Court on Indianapolis' northwest side Wednesday night after releasing the house Tuesday back to the family.

A local professional commercial cleaning company had already been called in and had left the home by Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

I am a retired law enforcement with extensive investigative experience. They would be able to get the ballistics results within hours of receiving the weapon. From what I can see in the reporting or lack thereof in some instances is that because of the high profile and sensitive nature of the case law enforcement has chosen not to release much information on this case. Most of the reporting has been through leaks within law enforcement. I can tell you first hand that law enforcement uses the press to leak info for a reason as much as the press uses the info to sell papers.

I've been trying to follow this case here but my head is swimming from all the conflicting info between MSM and LE, and the innuendo being posted here. I do have a question though about LE leaking info to the press: In such instances, when LE leaks info to the press, is it generally for the benefit of the suspect? To either send a message they know who he is, or a message that makes him think they have no idea who he is?

The original story said a high ranking source at the police department said there was a sexual assault. Then the department released a carefully worded statement that really didn't deny it as forcefully as it could have.

So we have a "source" that said there was, then Riddle coming out saying (pp) "this is news to us"

I know which id rather believe...

This is not a court room but a jury would believe Riddle over an unnamed "source" too probably.

I've been trying to follow this case here but my head is swimming from all the conflicting info between MSM and LE, and the innuendo being posted here. I do have a question though about LE leaking info to the press: In such instances, when LE leaks info to the press, is it generally for the benefit of the suspect? To either send a message they know who he is, or a message that makes him think they have no idea who he is?

Yes and no.

Often it will be police

Sometimes however the media are told NOTHING so go ahead and make it up anyhow

Which I think is what's occurring here

IMO

Im sticking to Police in Quotes. Sources and Alleged and Rumoured are all pretty much lies imo.

Imo the police are giving the media zero.

It's pretty much already solved.

I was surprised too that LE released the house so quickly.

Detectives and a second crime lab team revisited the Blackburn home on Sunnyfield Court on Indianapolis' northwest side Wednesday night after releasing the house Tuesday back to the family.

A local professional commercial cleaning company had already been called in and had left the home by Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

Yerp, they processed it quickly and found no prints, no dna, no signs of breakin, absolutely nothing but Amanda on the floor.

and they don't EXPECT to find anything else

Arrest imminent imo. Crime scenes released that early? Someone's getting their ducks in a row...

The man who has been named by media, Jalen Watson. Wow. Quite a rap sheet.

Inmateinfo.indy.gov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's more, theres more than one cctv footage of him.

So he was wandering about.

He was SEEN!

Skulking about with his hoodie covering his face!

Police just said "there's footage and here's a still" I think...?

No such photos have been released to the public. If police had better shots then why did they pick these two? What's a link to police statements about the various cameras?

The man who has been named by media, Jalen Watson. Wow. Quite a rap sheet.

Inmateinfo.indy.gov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Named yes and I posted that yesterday as well, BUT, he was arrested for parole violation, nothing directly related to Amanda's case. I did check this morning and there have been no additional charges.

Yerp, they processed it quickly and found no prints, no dna, no signs of breakin, absolutely nothing but Amanda on the floor.

and they don't EXPECT to find anything else

Arrest imminent imo. Crime scenes released that early? Someone's getting their ducks in a row...

I will say I agree with what you are saying, but it's certainly not something they have confirmed - in terms of dna, prints. There's alot that hasn't been confirmed.

You'd likely know better than any of us , if this has been your line of work. Can't wait for things to break so people can speak a bit more freely :)

That's not what they said. They said they cannot confirm and that they do not know. That's an entirely different animal than a straight denial, particularly when dealing with LE statements to the media about an ongoing case.

imo it is a denial

"nothing" to show a sexual assault is just that

nothing

No disruption of clothing, no bruising, no semen, I don't want to get really graphic but when a lady wakes up in the morning she's kinda sealed shut and they've done an autopsy with a rape kit which showed "nothing", the timeframe doesn't lend itself to a rape, the burglary doesn't either.

I can tell you from experience a Murder with a sexual assault is a whole other ball game and would most likely involve us being shown an efit, the entire footage of the perp, the Alleged ATM close up, Public Warnings etc. The crime scene remaining sealed!

Basically I cant PROVE the Police are telling the truth re. sexual assault, but there is a pile of evidence that says There Was No Sexual Assault so Im going with that.

I will say I agree with what you are saying, but it's certainly not something they have confirmed - in terms of dna, prints. There's alot that hasn't been confirmed.

You'd likely know better than any of us , if this has been your line of work. Can't wait for things to break so people can speak a bit more freely :)

IMHO two things are happening

1. perp ID'd and now evidence building
2. police are leaking NOTHING forcing media to invent anonymous "sources say" to sell papers

I worked with a guy whose grandmother was murdered. LE told the family that they were going to release a statement saying they didn't know where the suspects were but, in reality, they knew exactly where they were. I assume they were getting their ducks in a row before going in and arresting them. So, LE will certainly release misleading statements to trick suspects. In my friend's case, police wanted the suspects to feel safe where they were hiding (which was out of state at a friend's house) and not move elsewhere.

At this point, as far as i know.. we don't know anything about the autopsy details
We do not know how she was dressed.
We do not know where she was found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members