IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be news to me. Do you have a link to the footage?

Thanks!
"We" haven't seen the footage, but it does exist, per LE at the press conference.

IMPD Major Eric Hench, Asst Director of Investigations:

About 5:30 is when the burglary occurred two doors down. There is an individual, we know that because there is a recording from inside that residence. We believe that when Mr. Blackburn left to go work out, they saw an opportunity to burglarize another home. As the Captain said, that occurred about 6 o'clock.

There are surveillance cameras throughout the neighborhood. There are multiple sightings of an individual, that the Captain referenced.

There are neighbors who had seen the individual on that street and on the neighboring street.

Video surveillance on both streets captured images of an individual and a vehicle.

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

Approximately 6:45-6:55, there was a neighbor who reported hearing shots, or what she believed to be shots.

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...INES-**NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12196739#post12196739

http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000406/impd-discusses-blackburn-case

(Many questions could be cleared up if you guys would listen to the press conference. The portion where the basic facts are outlined is only about 6-7 minutes long. Or, at the very least, read what I've transcribed and posted all over three threads. ;))

Why would you say that when police have specifically told us, there was no sexual assault?
LE has NOT specifically said there was no sexual assault.

The following statement was issued to RTV6:
"At this point in the investigation, we cannot confirm, nor do we know that Amanda Blackburn was sexually abused.
That information may change as more evidence comes in, but at this time nothing in our investigation shows that."
Lt. Richard Riddle, IMPD Spokesperson

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ed-in-connection-to-death-of-amanda-blackburn

"We" haven't seen the footage, but it does exist, per LE at the press conference.

IMPD Major Eric Hench, Asst Director of Investigations:

About 5:30 is when the burglary occurred two doors down. There is an individual, we know that because there is a recording from inside that residence. We believe that when Mr. Blackburn left to go work out, they saw an opportunity to burglarize another home. As the Captain said, that occurred about 6 o'clock.

There are surveillance cameras throughout the neighborhood. There are multiple sightings of an individual, that the Captain referenced.

There are neighbors who had seen the individual on that street and on the neighboring street.

Video surveillance on both streets captured images of an individual and a vehicle.

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

Approximately 6:45-6:55, there was a neighbor who reported hearing shots, or what she believed to be shots.

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...INES-**NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12196739#post12196739

http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000406/impd-discusses-blackburn-case

(Many questions could be cleared up if you guys would listen to the press conference. The portion where the basic facts are outlined is only about 6-7 minutes long. Or, at the very least, read what I've transcribed and posted all over three threads. ;))

I've listened to the pressers. Thanks!

Its not a burglary

Its a MURDER

and police haven't said they used her cards

I am mindful of the Sexual Assault "news" yesterday which turned out to be a load of old hogwash

Im taking it from Police Lips only in this case

The murder is definitely a fact.

But it can be a burglary and a murder, and even a sexual assault - all at the same time. One does not exclude the other(s).

In any crime like this, I would think that what you are trying to determine is the motivations so that you can get as close to you can to what really happened.

It could have started out a burglary, went to sexual assault, and then to murder, wouldn't you agree that is plausible ?

In the same sense, if we believe the primary motivation was burglary, then it could even just end there if amanda was not home.

If davey was home, it might have gone from burglary to murder with no sexual assault.

those are just a few orders, there are obviously more plausible orderings.

That is why the "burglarly" aspect is being questioned and investigated. Murder is a fact.

Link please

I have not seen anything that emphatically states it was not a sexual assault
Of course, I am not here 24/7 so it is quite possible I have missed that

This article (does not emphatically state that it was not):
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/three-suspects-being-questioned-in-connection-to-death-of-amanda-blackburn

"The following statement was issued to RTV6:

"At this point in the investigation, we cannot confirm, nor do we know that Amanda Blackburn was sexually abused.

That information may change as more evidence comes in, but at this time nothing in our investigation shows that."

Lt. Richard Riddle, IMPD Spokesperson"

I have had credit cards for years but have only used an ATM once years ago. So, I am totally ignorant on this. Don't you need a pin number to use an ATM?

So we have an "individual" with a dark suv.

First of all that person burgaled the neighbours, loaded up the SUV with the gear, drove away, then CAME BACK and went straight for the Blackburns.

Proof that he went straight for the Blackburns = no one else was burgled.

He was wandering about all over yet only hit two houses.

He also drove away and came back in between.

That is the oddest Burglar behavior ever, especially when you consider

He didn't even steal anything from the Blackburns

Just murdered and ran

LE should be able to tell us what time he LEFT the Blackburns, as yet they haven't

Wonder why...

Most police or feds only are as good as the confidential informants that they catch and release to help bring in information on bigger crimes.

Now your regular drug user who gets caught and sentenced to months in jail will serve a better purpose of being not sentenced to jail but to be sentenced as a forced confidential informant.

This way the police can quickly know who is doing certain crimes and the who is who of the neighborhoods.

Jmo.

But since the police department stopped paying confidential informants for a while. This has detered them from speaking up.

I rather pay a c.i $50 a week for valid info on hardened criminals then paying big overtime slips for cops who have no clue of who is who in the neighborhoods ridden by high crimes.

Jmo
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Granted Police do use confidential informants in the course of their investigations. your insinuation that cases only get solved because of informants is kind of insulting (retired law enforcement). Police work is tedious information given by informants is a tool. Their information must be supported by facts to support a prosecution. As you stated informants are self serving therfore must be vetted. The notion that All cases will be solved and investigators are only as good as the informant is the tail wagging the dog!

The Blackburns lived at the end of the street (on the cul-de-sac). The suspect on the security camera was 500 feet up the street from the Blackburn house. He was NOT walking toward the Blackburn house. He was walking the opposite direction.

You can see the security camera in the Google StreetView. It's located at the peak of the eave above the garage:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...0x886b568f8a6d3071:0xe8d7bf12e4b01875!6m1!1e1

Zoom in and you can see two spot lights that are white. Above them is a black camera. Zoom back out and pan to the left and you'll see the street matches the released photos.

In other words, in the security pics the suspect is walking to the right. The Blackburn house is 500 feet to the left.

This article (does not emphatically state that it was not):
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/three-suspects-being-questioned-in-connection-to-death-of-amanda-blackburn

"The following statement was issued to RTV6:

Lt. Richard Riddle, IMPD Spokesperson"

Ok so Police at this stage had

1. found Amanda insitu (no signs of rape)
2. had a rape kit performed immediately (ditto)
3. had an autopsy (also no signs of rape)
4. came out and had a presser SAYING theres no sign of rape

so im leaning toward, (heavily) No Rape.

I have had credit cards for years but have only used an ATM once years ago. So, I am totally ignorant on this. Don't you need a pin number to use an ATM?

Yes, and I have seen articles where a very high percentage of the time, people use their own birthdate. So a criminal likely knows this is worth a try if they have the drivers license as well.

The Blackburns lived at the end of the street (on the cul-de-sac). The suspect on the security camera was 500 feet up the street from the Blackburn house. He was NOT walking toward the Blackburn house. He was walking the opposite direction.

You can see the security camera in the Google StreetView. It's located at the peak of the eave above the garage:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...0x886b568f8a6d3071:0xe8d7bf12e4b01875!6m1!1e1

Zoom in and you can see two spot lights that are white. Above them is a black camera. Zoom back out and pan to the left and you'll see the street matches the released photos.

In other words, in the security pics the suspect is walking to the right. The Blackburn house is 500 feet to the left.

We know he was caught on more than one camera by more than one neighbor at more than one time.

Coming out and stating "he was going the wrong way" is a bit of a reach imo, when we know he seemed to be wandering (and driving his suv) all over the cul de sac.

Very bizarre behavior for a burglar imo.

No less bizarre than shooting a defenseless mom in the head though I guess...

Has it been stated by LE that nothing was stolen from the Blackburn home?
I seem to be missing a lot

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Granted Police do use confidential informants in the course of their investigations. your insinuation that cases only get solved because of informants is kind of insulting (retired law enforcement). Police work is tedious information given by informants is a tool. Their information must be supported by facts to support a prosecution. As you stated informants are self serving therfore must be vetted. The notion that All cases will be solved and investigators are only as good as the informant is the tail wagging the dog!

What most folk know about Investigations = CSI

The reality is a whole lot drabber

Less glamorous

More hard work, fewer spectacular endings

This case will be wrapped by Christmas imo.

I've listened to the pressers. Thanks!
Ii apologize. I wasn't referring to you specifically, or anyone, for that matter. But I do see many of the same basic facts being questioned repeatedly, when we have the answers straight from the horse's mouth.

Check the photo of the house at this link:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ured-morning-shooting-northwestside/75254320/

There's a yellow pickup truck backed in the driveway. It appears part of the writing says "Carpet." If you click the "buy" button you can see a slightly expanded version and it appears to say "Carpet and Upholstery." I assume this photo was taken by the news crew after the attack. Did police allow a carpet cleaning crew in that quickly?

Has it occurred to anyone else that this careful, non-committal floating of a possible rape might be strategic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE has NOT specifically said there was no sexual assault.

The following statement was issued to RTV6:
That information may change as more evidence comes in, but at this time nothing in our investigation shows that." Lt. Richard Riddle, IMPD Spokesperson

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ed-in-connection-to-death-of-amanda-blackburn

Bessie,

are you implying they didn't do a thorough autopsy?

Has it occurred to anyone else that this careful, non-committal floating of a possible rape might be strategic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course....

Just as its also occurred to me to wonder Whose Strategy that might be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper