IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
>>>>>"The Arrests were on charges unrelated to the Blackburn Murder"<<<<<<<<furthermore only 3 of the 4 were charged.

Furthermore they were charged with Outstanding Warrants.

So 3 out of the 4 were charged with old warrants, the fourth set free without charge.

Was this a mum driving her 3 hood rat sons to school....????!!!!!!

I am not sure I understand your question?

I am not aware of what the charges were, the article i read only stated parole violations

If someone is using her credit cards, wouldn't that be a burglary?

Its not a burglary

Its a MURDER

and police haven't said they used her cards

I am mindful of the Sexual Assault "news" yesterday which turned out to be a load of old hogwash

Im taking it from Police Lips only in this case

I'm far from a ballistics expert. I would think that in some instances a determination can be made quickly, and in others, further analysis is required. And no, they've not released ballistics information from the murder.

It seems to me (in my OPINION) that the "we are checking out the gun" statement" came before the "nothing, nothing, nothing" one. I dunno. But honestly, I tend to agree that Riddle was growing frustrated with the hounding from reporters, and either didn't add, "at this time", or that part was left out in the report. What bothers me about that article is the "nothing, nothing, nothing" statement is the only direct quote. So we can't tell the context in which it was made.

In any case, I doubt that LE would make an official public statement on the spot, so to speak. :moo: :moo:

Hopefully, one of our members who is knowledgeable about weapons will come along and answer your question.

Recovered handgun may be linked to Amanda Blackburn murder case
Posted 4:42 PM, November 17, 2015,
by Zach Myers, Updated at 05:40pm, November 17, 2015

[...]
“It certainly is of interest to our detectives to see if that weapon has any connection to any crime in that area,” Riddle said. “But most importantly the Amanda Blackburn case at this point.”

[..]
“Our detectives are looking at the caliber of the handgun recovered, to see if it does in fact match the caliber of the weapon used in the Amanda Blackburn case,” Riddle said.

Police: Handgun not tied to Amanda Blackburn case
Michael Anthony Adams, michael.adams@indystar.com
5:27 p.m. EST November 17, 2015

[...]
"There is nothing, nothing, nothing tying this gun to this case," said Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Rich Riddle.
I am a retired law enforcement with extensive investigative experience. They would be able to get the ballistics results within hours of receiving the weapon. From what I can see in the reporting or lack thereof in some instances is that because of the high profile and sensitive nature of the case law enforcement has chosen not to release much information on this case. Most of the reporting has been through leaks within law enforcement. I can tell you first hand that law enforcement uses the press to leak info for a reason as much as the press uses the info to sell papers.

Youre thinking maybe Amanda let them in????

I doubt it....!

I have never heard of a peephole on a back door either

Maybe Davey accidentally left the door unlocked and can't remember due to the Shock and Grief.

Maybe Amanda got up to let the dog out and left the door unlocked, herself.

So many questions...

But one question I DONT have>>>> "was Amanda targeted"<<<<

Absolutely she was.

Davey himself tends to support this when he says "she didn't have any enemies" as if she was indeed targeted.

Davey would know as no doubt Police Questioning has gone that way.

All Imo.

BBM - That she had no enemies leads me to believe that this was a random crime. IMO, Davey is trying to make sense of the murder. If his wife was the kind of person who made enemies, then maybe it'd make some sense; that is, she might have been "targeted" by one of those enemies. But the opposite is true. No enemies, no targeting.

If anyone climbed in through one of my windows it would be forced. Even if a window is open or unlocked there's a screen in the way. I don't think it's warm enough anywhere in Indiana to leave a window open in mid-November, especially overnight.

Maybe they have a sliding glass door in the back and leave it unlocked? He/they could open it and slide the screen open and there'd be no sign of forced entry.

if the house isn't secure, its not FORCED.

Please be aware this is only Cop Speak.

Police consider Entry to be Forced only when Force is used.

I don't wish to suck up this thread debating the point.

The "burglar" knocking on the door then sticking a gun in her face = yes, that's forced entry too - but its not Forced Entry Cop Speak which specifically refers to physically breaching and Leaving Signs of that Breach of a previously secure location.

When cops say "no sign of Forced Entry" what they MEAN is = We have no idea how he got in, no entry ways are broken.

They say No Forced Entry yet Amanda being held at gunpoint say, is forced entry in the usual meaning of the phrase, like Yáll are pointing out.

But its a forced entry not a Forced Entry which leaves signs and evidence.

I tend to agree here.

However taking a purse or any valuables from the home might also be seen as a means of making it look like a robbery. Using the atm card the same.

Ditching the purse somewhere and someone else with criminal tendencies coming along finds the purse and tries the card at atm with the birthdate on the drivers license, is not unreasonable.

Would be interesting to know if the person had the correct pin when using the card and if it was indeed something that could have been guessed. I have been wondering if they'd show the atm photo, although would seem utterly stupid for someone to try that without covering the camera. Also, how soon after that card was attempted to be used and where, as it would help us evaluate the timeline and path of their departure. Their very well could be other cameras on that path that could catch them in a photo or their vehicle.

But I wouldn't use these robberies as definitive evidence, as LE currently haven't confirmed they are linked - to my knowledge.

My overall point is that anything that you think makes it obviously look like a robbery, is what someone who is trying to make it look like a robbery might plan to do.

I have to believe that there is some concrete evidence that we are unaware of, that rules out the hitman theory. - possibly a family owned gun being used to defend against the intruder and gets turned on victim - sorry had to float that again.

god it's frustrating to have so little and seemingly unreliable information to evaluate!
LE believes the burglary two doors down and the murder are connected. The same perp was seen walking away from the first home, on the Blackburn's porch, and later walking away from the home. He also was seen on a neighboring street by neighbors and/or surveillance cameras. So while IMO, it's reasonable to theorize that a hit could be staged to look like a robbery, it's a stretch to take that to another level, and presume that a hit would involve more than one person breaking into a separate residence; loading up an SUV with electronics; the SUV being driven away; while one perp remains behind creeping around the neighborhood; killing a woman in her home; and then walking away. But I agree that there likely is more in the way of evidence that rules out a hired hit which has not been released.

As for the credit or debit card(s), it's been reported that transactions started the night of the shooting. At some point, a credit card was used at a gas station, and a suspect was caught on video at an ATM but his face was heavily covered. No direct LE quotes, so take with a grain of salt.

Just to add, it's not uncommon for suspects to be caught on camera using ATM's, and even stealing the ATM itself! :facepalm:

Its not a burglary

Its a MURDER

I am mindful of the Sexual Assault "news" yesterday which turned out to be a load of old hogwash

I haven't seen anything saying the comments made were confirmed untrue by officials. Do you have a link? Thanks.

With regard to LE's statement that those arrested were for other issues and unrelated to Amanda's murder, it is not uncommon for LE to arrest a suspect on other charges to get them off the street while they are building additional charges. It is possible that these persons arrested may face charges related to Amanda later, which of course LE would not talk about. :twocents:

Also, just wanted to say thanks to bessie for doing such a great job both modding this thread and also frequently updating with facts and media. I appreciate your hard work, and I'm sure others in the thread do as well!
As I am sure you are aware you only get one shot at charging them with murder you have to have your ducks in a row. I agree totally with what AnaTheresa has stated.

I am a retired law enforcement with extensive investigative experience. They would be able to get the ballistics results within hours of receiving the weapon. From what I can see in the reporting or lack thereof in some instances is that because of the high profile and sensitive nature of the case law enforcement has chosen not to release much information on this case. Most of the reporting has been through leaks within law enforcement. I can tell you first hand that law enforcement uses the press to leak info for a reason as much as the press uses the info to sell papers.
Thanks! I knew you'd posted earlier, and was hoping you'd respond. ;)

Its not a burglary

Its a MURDER

Her card was used at the atm supposedly.

But I think the perp had seen Amanda before and decided to go back and assualt her once he knew that hubby was gone.

Maybe while hubby left; Amanda walked him to the car or gave him a kiss at the door unkownwinly in the killers presence.

And maybe the killer decided to go back by himself because he was a rapist as well as a thief and he felt that she was a higher value than anything in the house at the time of his decision.

Idk

BBM - That she had no enemies leads me to believe that this was a random crime. IMO, Davey is trying to make sense of the murder. If his wife was the kind of person who made enemies, then maybe it'd make some sense; that is, she might have been "targeted" by one of those enemies. But the opposite is true. No enemies, no targeting.

Why would he be trying to "make sense" of a random burglary gone wrong?

No, police have either told him or hinted to him that this was a Planned Attack with Amanda the Intended Victim beforehand.

Imo....

Grieving husbands don't wonder "why" they are usually too busy "screaming their pain into the depths of hell"

DB is saying that because police have asked him "is there someone who hated Amanda?"

IMO!!!!

I am no detective, but in the beginning of this case, wouldn't it be a natural question to ask... "Do you know of anyone who would want to hurt your wife"

IMO, I would be trying to make sense of all of this too.
One day , life is normal, the next day, everything has changed forever

Maybe the perp didn't go through any doors.

Maybe a window was open.

Yes, definitely agree. we just don't know.

But I was just theorizing and find it very plausible that if the suspect was seen on the front stoop, and the door was open, he'd have chosen that path. I believe that is plausible, why else be on the front porch ? But certainly if that is locked, he'd go for another path. It even makes sense maybe that they would try back door first. But my theory/post was more about what happens if it's through a front door, which is plausible I think we'd all agree.

Not really looking to debate the point of actual fact or level of probability of several plausible ways of entry. I would hope we could all agree that my speculation was plausible, even if not something we know of factually. I completely agree that there are countless ways it could happen.

It's a pretty minor point in my theory to accept as plausible. imo.

But the real gist of my theory was about how things might possibly go down, in this plausible situation.

The thief was actually a rapist as well.

And this is why he decided to walk back solo and rape or assualt Amanda. Jmo.

He went there primarily to assault her and then steal later.

Maybe after the neighborhood burglary. He smoked some drugs and decided to go back and assault a defenseless women.

It does happen. Jmo

I am no detective, but in the beginning of this case, wouldn't it be a natural question to ask... "Do you know of anyone who would want to hurt your wife"

IMO, I would be trying to make sense of all of this too.
One day , life is normal, the next day, everything has changed forever

No, if it were a Burgalry the usual question would be "is there anyone who knew you kept gold bullions in your kitchen drawer?"

The fact that this "enemies" thing is the Very First Thing DB mentioned on GMA means that it is in Front of his Mind.

That means, imo, it is what Police are driving toward in regards to questioning him.

NOT A BURGALRY<<<< in other words...all imo only!

So was the Still of the Perp Arriving, or the Perp Leaving?

And what happened to all the other burglaries in the street? Why JUST the Blackburns?

The individual seen in the surveillance stills on Sunnyfield Ct. gives no indication that he/she is "targeting" the Blackburn home or any other residence on Sunnyfield Ct; including the home that was robbed earlier the same morning of the murders.

We have nothing more than a dude walking in the total opposite direction of both reported crimes -- that's what we've got.

The thief was actually a rapist as well.
And this is why he decided to walk back solo and rape or assualt Amanda. Jmo.

He went there primarily to assault her and then steal later.

Maybe after the neighborhood burglary. He smoked some drugs and decided to go back and assault a defenseless women.

It does happen. Jmo

Why would you say that when police have specifically told us, there was no sexual assault?

The individual seen in the surveillance stills on Sunnyfield Ct. gives no indication that he/she is "targeting" the Blackburn home or any other residence on Sunnyfield Ct; including the home that was robbed earlier the same morning of the murders.

We have nothing more than a dude walking in the total opposite direction of both reported crimes -- that's what we've got.

You say he's "walking in the wrong direction" but if the footage is of him LEAVING, he's not...

Why would you say that when police have specifically told us, there was no sexual assault?

Link please

I have not seen anything that emphatically states it was not a sexual assault
Of course, I am not here 24/7 so it is quite possible I have missed that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads