IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think IMPD is going to be able to keep information about the persons they arrested yesterday - on charges not related to Amanda's case!! - quiet much longer. I won't link to anything but msm is on it and relatives are speaking.

What's the point anyway? Reporters have been digging and continue to do so. I'd much rather hear about the case straight from LE than rumors and statements from "sources."

We haven't seen any details about the actual attack in the house, other than she put up a great struggle. That coupled with the time between davey leaving and the gunshots, leads me to believe that the intruder was potentially in the house for quite a while before he detected amanda was there.

It also seems likely that amanda would have detected him first, if she was up in her bed. A baby can make you a really light sleeper.

So the question would be, what do you think she'd do to protect her baby and herself ?

I'd say phone or something to use as a weapon - knife/gun. I'd actually prioritize weapon over phone if there was a child present. Without a child present, getting a phone and locking in a room calling 911 would be a solid choice.

Knives are typically in kitchens.

guns are typically in bedrooms -- as you are worried about home invasion while sleeping.

Would be interesting to know where the cell phone was. I personally have it close to me when I sleep, but I know others who purposefully charge it away from them when sleeping.

If this were you, and you detected the burglar before he detected you, what would you do and how would you prioritize your options. Obviously, it could be very different from one person to the next depending on where these key items exist in the house and where you are in the house at the time.

But lets assume you are in bed. Not a bad thing to strategize in case the situation ever comes up!

I don't think IMPD is going to be able to keep information about the persons they arrested yesterday - on charges not related to Amanda's case!! - quiet much longer. I won't link to anything but msm is on it and relatives are speaking.

What's the point anyway? Reporters have been digging and continue to do so. I'd much rather hear about the case straight from LE than rumors and statements from "sources."

Why won't you link to anything?

Why won't you link to anything?

I did last night but it was deleted after an msm report said LE is not releasing names at this time. Now that info is leaking that stance may change but until then I'm staying safe!

Given that this happened in the early morning not too long after davey left, I have to believe that it's possible that amanda would have said "davey?"

Seems reasonable that she would think he potentially returned for something he left behind. If you are leaving your doors unlocked, that doesn't lead me to believe that break in was something they had great fear of.

So with that scenario the time gap between davey leaving and the gunshots would seem more consistent with amanda being immediately discovered and a sexual assault occurring before the gunshots were heard.

I don't think we know if the door was left unlocked.

"I know our detectives are speaking with the husband and are following up on basically how he left the house that morning. And if that door was locked or if it wasn't; things like that," said Lt. Riddle.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

I think those quotes are from very early in the investigation.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...eo-suspect-amanda-blackburn-killing/75869730/

"Authorities have also stated that there was "no forced entry" into the home but have not elaborated."

if an eyewitness indeed saw someone on the stoop, that would lead me to believe that they used the front door, if it was indeed unlocked.

Yes, they are from early in the investigation, but we cannot assume the door was or was not left unlocked that day or any other day because we don't know.

Amanda could have opened the door herself. Many home invasions in my city start with the perps either knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell. They don't all involve forced entry or taking advantage of opening an already unlocked door.

Yes, they are from early in the investigation, but we cannot assume the door was or was not left unlocked that day or any other day because we don't know.

Amanda could have opened the door herself. Many home invasions in my city start with the perps either knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell. They don't all involve forced entry or taking advantage of opening an already unlocked door.

Yes, I agree that we have no definitive proof of that or any other method, except that it was unforced.

I'm definitely just theorizing in terms of what would be plausible.

I would tell my wife to NOT open the door if I am not home, and definitely not if a stranger wearing a hoodie was on the front porch. Yes, I'd tell her not to open the door before looking out window or peephole. So very good question - was there a peephole on the door ?

So not saying it didn't happen, but I personally think it's more plausible that she didn't let him in.

All of what I am saying is mostly opinion based on some level of assumption. I think we are all are making some level of assumption to build plausible theories.

all just my opinion in terms of some of the assumptions I make, and agree they could be COMPLETELY wrong.

You're so right. I don't know if you saw the list I posted in the first thread, but out of ten incidents, at least half started with a ruse to gain entrance, or to engage the victim outside the home.

Last month I posted about an incident in South Carolina where a victim was sexually assaulted in her home early one morning, just before dawn. The perp knocked on the door, and the woman got out of bed to answer. No one was there. A few minutes later, same thing. The third time, he rang the doorbell. She stepped outside to look around, and the guy was standing on the side of her house holding a knife. She tried to run back inside, but he followed and forced his way in. (She ended up biting off his tongue and then running out of the house.)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...apes-rape-by-biting-off-her-attackers-tongue/

The list is endless. So no, we can't assume no forced entry means an unlocked door.

The three men were taken into custody Thursday morning after police served several search warrants at different locations across the city. Two of the men were arrested on unrelated parole violations, a police spokesperson confirmed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-questioned-in-murder-of-indiana-pastors-wife-amanda-blackburn/

Those Burglars possibly picked the worst possible morning ....putting themselves in the frame for a murder...!

But, as I keep saying Burglars Burgle.

Amanda was EXECUTED and we have footage of the perp ignoring all the other houses in the culdesac making straight for the Blackburns.

That is not a morning burglary...

Also I am screamingly interested in any footage showing the Perp LEAVING....surely it exists...did he run alone or was he picked up?

Am I right in stating the Perp drove the Black SUV into the Cul de sac, parked it down the road a little, then purposely strode on foot to the Blackburn house?

If so, WHY?

What on earth did the Blackburn house have that no other houses have?

>>>>Amanda<<<<

Targeted.

Why?

I guess that's what the roll call in front of the house was for.

A display of force, confidence and "we're gonna get you"

Loving the Police on this one...including Riddle who really seems to be mad about something...Furious I'd say...

Yes, I agree that we have no definitive proof of that or any other method, except that it was unforced.

I'm definitely just theorizing in terms of what would be plausible.

I would tell my wife to NOT open the door if I am not home, and definitely not if a stranger wearing a hoodie was on the front porch. Yes, I'd tell her not to open the door before looking out window or peephole. So very good question - was there a peephole on the door ?

So not saying it didn't happen, but I personally think it's more plausible that she didn't let him in.

All of what I am saying is mostly opinion based on some level of assumption. I think we are all are making some level of assumption to build plausible theories.

all just my opinion in terms of some of the assumptions I make, and agree they could be COMPLETELY wrong.

Youre thinking maybe Amanda let them in????

I doubt it....!

I have never heard of a peephole on a back door either

Maybe Davey accidentally left the door unlocked and can't remember due to the Shock and Grief.

Maybe Amanda got up to let the dog out and left the door unlocked, herself.

So many questions...

But one question I DONT have>>>> "was Amanda targeted"<<<<

Absolutely she was.

Davey himself tends to support this when he says "she didn't have any enemies" as if she was indeed targeted.

Davey would know as no doubt Police Questioning has gone that way.

All Imo.

I apologize if I have assumed too much in certain theories. I guess I'm a little puzzled by what this site is for and what exactly is sleuthing if not to pose theories based on what you believe to be plausible assumptions.

I think that's what most investigations involve. We are at a far greater disadvantage by not having a wealth of true facts. So all we can do is theorize about soooo many things.

Be blunt with me here , because I don't want to annoy anyone. Is it ok to float theories as I have proposed and make an assumption that it's very possible that amanda was in bed and might have called out - thinking it was davey who had left something behind? Or what she might have done next if she heard an intruder in the house before he detected her.

If related to these guys that did the other burglaries, their MO was not to knock on the door, but to come in undetected. So that is a big part of my assumption as to why he didn't knock on the door.

Or is this forum meant to be more of a "hey, this is what just happened in the case". just the facts. ?

Youre thinking maybe Amanda let them in????

I doubt it....!

I have never heard of a peephole on a back door either

Maybe Davey accidentally left the door unlocked and can't remember due to the Shock and Grief.

Maybe Amanda got up to let the dog out and left the door unlocked, herself.

So many questions...

But one question I DONT have>>>> "was Amanda targeted"<<<<

Absolutely she was.

Davey himself tends to support this when he says "she didn't have any enemies" as if she was indeed targeted.

Davey would know as no doubt Police Questioning has gone that way.

All Imo.

I have missed information about the back door being used as entry point

Was Amanda's ATM card successfully used? Wouldn't they need a pin # for that?

What family? DB and child are in Anderson SC

The family who owns it.
I know they are away, I asked if it had been cleared as a crime scene, in reference to all of the police activity

Those Burglars possibly picked the worst possible morning ....putting themselves in the frame for a murder...!

But, as I keep saying Burglars Burgle.

Amanda was EXECUTED and we have footage of the perp ignoring all the other houses in the culdesac making straight for the Blackburns.

That is not a morning burglary...

Also I am screamingly interested in any footage showing the Perp LEAVING....surely it exists...did he run alone or was he picked up?

Am I right in stating the Perp drove the Black SUV into the Cul de sac, parked it down the road a little, then purposely strode on foot to the Blackburn house?

If so, WHY?

What on earth did the Blackburn house have that no other houses have?

>>>>Amanda<<<<

Targeted.

Why?

I guess that's what the roll call in front of the house was for.

A display of force, confidence and "we're gonna get you"

Loving the Police on this one...including Riddle who really seems to be mad about something...Furious I'd say...

This would be news to me. Do you have a link to the footage?

Thanks!

Was Amanda's ATM card successfully used? Wouldn't they need a pin # for that?

Has this been confirmed by Police or is it the Local News Media selling theories and guesses as "news" again...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!