IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think that if the police said this gun was the blackburn's gun, that people would not be questioning the husband davey in a firestorm of questions -- without a whole lotta other evidence to explain that.

imo, that's implausible.

Oh I absolutely do think they would. Some are even questioned even though not one thing has pointed in his direction. But I think those who may do so would be those who really don't know the Blackburns anyway.:) I believe everyone that knows them are giving much love/prayers and support.

Thank goodness though real trials are held in a court of law and real evidence/not fabricated ones out of thin air.... has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt against a defendant. That is where the truth is separated from fiction.

I certainly do believe arrests will be coming but PDB will not be one of them. Not once, in over three decades, have I seen anyone who was cleared by LE who later became a defendant in the case they were cleared in. Imo, it will not happen in this case either.

Again, I want to apologize for misunderstanding your previous post. I feel so embarrassed that I jumped before reading the gist of all of your posts.

IMO

"He has no involvement with it whatsoever, he is not that type of person,” said Burks"

While he hasn't been charged with anything yet connecting him to this case, my heart always goes out to the family members who say this only to find out later, yes, they WERE that type of person. I'd probably say the same thing too, if someone I know and love was connected to something so heinous. It has to be a brutally hard thing to wrap your head around.

Yeah, 99% of people say that about their relatives.

But then again, this guy may well have nothing to do with this murder.

"He has no involvement with it whatsoever, he is not that type of person,” said Burks"

While he hasn't been charged with anything yet connecting him to this case, my heart always goes out to the family members who say this only to find out later, yes, they WERE that type of person. I'd probably say the same thing too, if someone I know and love was connected to something so heinous. It has to be a brutally hard thing to wrap your head around.

In the picture, is he throwing gang signs ? I'm not familiar what specific signs are, other than maybe ones i've seen in rap videos and movies like west coast crips etc.

Also, was that picture taken in the present or was it a photo they might have passed to law enforcement ? It looks like it's much nicer weather than currently in the midwest!

I did watch the videos and what neighbors had to say about him. But anyways, my point is that for all we know they might have some kind of evidence that points to a given gang ? I didn't really see anything regarding WHY they brought those 4 guys in for questioning. Does anyone know about what gang that sign might be for ? if that was indeed a gang sign ?

I have rather limited knowledge about gangs, but I can imagine that if this guy and the others had a rap list, maybe they were looking for a given MO that matched the burglaries on blackburn's street.

Earlier someone posted a specific burglar's methods, so in a way they could be a signature I guess. So if they have been caught in the past, then those details in terms of methodology could be used to relate them to a specific gang or burglar ring ?

Anyone with LE experience know anything about this kind of thing ?

In the picture, is he throwing gang signs ? I'm not familiar what specific signs are, other than maybe ones i've seen in rap videos and movies like west coast crips etc.

Also, was that picture taken in the present or was it a photo they might have passed to law enforcement ? It looks like it's much nicer weather than currently in the midwest!

I did watch the videos and what neighbors had to say about him. But anyways, my point is that for all we know they might have some kind of evidence that points to a given gang ? I didn't really see anything regarding WHY they brought those 4 guys in for questioning. Does anyone know about what gang that sign might be for ? if that was indeed a gang sign ?

I have rather limited knowledge about gangs, but I can imagine that if this guy and the others had a rap list, maybe they were looking for a given MO that matched the burglaries on blackburn's street.

Earlier someone posted a specific burglar's methods, so in a way they could be a signature I guess. So if they have been caught in the past, then those details in terms of methodology could be used to relate them to a specific gang or burglar ring ?

Anyone with LE experience know anything about this kind of thing ?

Which picture do you mean? When I click on the link the article has only one picture and it's a woman.

FWIW a lot of people throw gang signs in pictures whether or not they have an affiliation with any gang. I think a lot of people, especially younger people, think it's cool.

Wait...I'm totally confused, and I must've missed something.... This article says a "source" (I know, I know) is saying jalen was caught on camera using Amanda's stolen credit cards, and that's why he was questioned... I was under the impression that the original link between jalen (and the other 3) and this case was somehow related to the burglary(s)/surveillance from that morning... This is the first I've heard of him being caught on camera, but these threads move fast and I'm sure I miss things... Will someone straighten me out, what led investigators to question the 4 men at Brendon Way and serve the sw's? Buglaries or credit cards or we don't know??? TIA

http://www.wthr.com/story/30571104/...nterest-speaks-up-about-amanda-blackburn-case

All jmo.

Wait...I'm totally confused, and I must've missed something.... This article says a "source" (I know, I know) is saying jalen was caught on camera using Amanda's stolen credit cards, and that's why he was questioned... I was under the impression that the original link between jalen (and the other 3) and this case was somehow related to the burglary(s)/surveillance from that morning... This is the first I've heard of him being caught on camera, but these threads move fast and I'm sure I miss things... Will someone straighten me out, what led investigators to question the 4 men at Brendon Way and serve the sw's? Buglaries or credit cards or we don't know??? TIA

http://www.wthr.com/story/30571104/...nterest-speaks-up-about-amanda-blackburn-case

All jmo.

Jalen Watson may be one of the people sources say caught on camera using Blackburn's credit cards at a couple of northwest Indianapolis businesses.

It sounds like the "sources" may not be positive......great sources huh?? ;)

Which picture do you mean? When I click on the link the article has only one picture and it's a woman.

FWIW a lot of people throw gang signs in pictures whether or not they have an affiliation with any gang. I think a lot of people, especially younger people, think it's cool.

Sorry, and I do get what you are saying, it doesn't mean you are in a gang.

I was looking at a number of articles , one that had this image :
http://ubertopic.com/sister-of-pote...blackburns-murder-defends-her-brother/136304/

Not saying it means he is in a gang or burglar ring, but I'd imagine his rap sheet is why he got called in ? assumption, but that's why I asked if anyone could explain "why him" ?

I'd certainly hope there was some logic behind choosing those particular guys to question. 2 guys walked out with no charges from what I read. Another guy or two depending on what you read got held on unrelated charges.

So, my thought process is that if there is some MO or methodology that is a signature of sorts for a given gang/burglar ring, then that might also be a reason for being quite certain this was a burglary. -- even if they don't know specifically who.

Last time I saw a stranger ringing doorbells, I told both of my kids to be quiet when ours rang and the dog didn't even bark. Doh!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I encourage my dog to bark at everything! Lots of praises when she barks. Even if I'm home and don't answer the door, I like for her to bark. She has a BIG bark, but probably not much bite. The person on the other side of the door doesn't know that and if they're planning on breaking in thinking no one is home - they got another thing coming! I hope the BIG DOG BARKING deters a home break-in.

I even like for her to bark when I'm out at the hen house or gardening. No chance for someone trying to sneak up on me if she sounds the alarm.

All jmo.

"Jalen Watson may be one of the people sources say caught on camera using Blackburn's credit cards at a couple of northwest Indianapolis businesses."

May be...not a definite.

I'm hoping we get answers Monday. This case seems to be dragging along. No answers about the gun or DNA... Either the perp's DNA isn't in the system or they don't have the right perp (s) - which means the people they brought in as POI's would have to consent to give their DNA, correct or incorrect? Is there one POI still sitting in jail?

As far as clearing up alibis and being cleared by solid alibi, yes that can be done quite quickly if you're on tape at the time you said you were, but checking out backgrounds and financial situations and relationships can take much longer. I understand the sister standing up for her brother, but the truth is you just never know about people... even your own kinfolks. It's sad, but true. You can never just say someone you know would never ever harm another human being.

All jmo.
We don't know. :)

The fact that the SW's were served in the same apartment community where the burglary occurred on San Clemente (on the same morning as the Sunnyfield Court crimes), has led to the notion that there could be a connection. Some think one of the men in the SC surveillance video looks like the hoodie guy walking on the street near the Blackburn home.

To my knowledge, however, unless I missed something new released yesterday, LE has not indicated that there is a connection. In fact, as far as I know, LE has not commented about the San Clemente incident at all since the initial news report when the images were released.

She said he seemed confused when he stated that they wanted to talk to him about a murder.

Yeah right. He knew what this was all about. No one steals a victims credit card and throws it away before using it until it can't be used anymore. So either he is guilty or he knows who is. Jmo

But since he isn't light skinned then he may just know who did it since the reports were that Amandas killer was light skin.

She said he seemed confused when he stated that they wanted to talk to him about a murder.

Yeah right. He knew what this was all about. No one steals a victims credit card and throws it away before using it until it can't be used anymore. So either he is guilty or he knows who is. Jmo

But since he isn't light skinned then he may just know who did it since the reports were that Amandas killer was light skin.
Here's a question. IF the "source" is correct, and JW is pictured in security camera images using AB's credit cards, how did LE identify him? The images weren't released, so the ID didn't come from a tip.

Two possibilities come to mind: 1) He's well known to LE, and detectives recognized him; or 2) His picture matched a suspect captured in images from Sunnyfield Ct. That wouldn't necessarily mean he's the killer. He could be one of the others involved in the burglary two doors down from AB.

JMO

As far as light-skinned, I think sometimes that depends on the lighting and wearing a hoodie or not. Just thinking of the Savopoulos' murders ~ Wint looked darker in some photos than others. Just saying...

Here's a question. IF the "source" is correct, and JW is pictured in security camera images using AB's credit cards, how did LE identify him? The images weren't released, so the ID didn't come from a tip.

Two possibilities come to mind: 1) He's well known to LE, and detectives recognized him; or 2) His picture matched a suspect captured in images from Sunnyfield Ct. That wouldn't necessarily mean he's the killer. He could be one of the others involved in the burglary two doors down from AB.

JMO

#1 seems far more plausible.

If he was verified via images to be on sunnyfield Ct on the day of murder and used a card, find it really hard to believe he would not still be very much a suspect. I just find it hard to believe that anyone could make a solid link between that cctv image and a person - skin color or anything beyond height/weight, clothing, and handedness maybe ? nothing you could make a solid ID on, haha

I keep laughing at how BAD the reporting is on this case :

"No arrests have been made in the case, yet a person of interest, Jalen Watson, 21, was interrogated by police Thursday after being picked up on a patrol violation."

I think they meant to say a "parole" violation. :)

Is it safe to say that a man sleeping on his sisters couch may be somewhat pressed for cash?

- Burglary Motive 101-

Lol.

Is it safe to say that a man sleeping on his sisters couch may be somewhat pressed for cash?

- Burglary Motive 101-

Lol.

Yes, or hiding out from LE or someone he owed money, or someone who had threatened his life. His sister kind of blew that out of the water though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734