IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a house has no car in the driveway, and all the lights are off. What does that suggest ?

If they see a house with one car and a guy leaving with that car at 6:11 and all lights off, what does that suggest ?

I think in both cases it's plausible to believe that someone could believe - no one was home , house was empty.

Seems plausible. imo

But, again, the SUV was seen leaving the neighborhood after the 5:30am burglary at approx 6:01am. DB didn't leave til approx. 6:11am.

So, if the first one is planned - it doesn't seem plausible that they would then randomly decide to also hit 2 doors down - not knowing if anyone was home there or not.

Would you agree it's plausible that if they see someone leave a house with the only car in the driveway and all the lights off that they might believe it's empty ?

If not... why do you think that's not plausible ?

Scouting and robbing solo is 2 different things though. You don't scout 2 doors down since you are only 2 doors down.

He would have noticed Davey while he was still with the others and said something like; He is leaving y'all. So let's hit that one. Or if he stayed behind in the burgled house; Then it was because he was on his own solo mission when he noticed Davey leaving. Jmo.
According to LE, the SUV left ten minutes before DB did.

Also imo. Criminals don't trust each other. So the others wouldn't want him to stumble on and pocket major cash or jewelry without them knowing.

So I don't think they sent hoodie guy to scout. I think he knew that his friends wasn't going to cut him a fair share. So he stayed behind for a solo jewelry and cash mission.
Maybe, maybe not. To some degree, members of a criminal ring have to operate within a level of trust like any other team.

And now his friends may be mad because the heat is on due to the murder. And they probably are saying that we told you not to go there because it was too risky since we just left there. Jmo
If he ignored the call, and bungled the play (get in and out without injuring the residents), that very well could be true.

What gives me pause the most is the fact that the first house they hit at 5:30am - the owners were away. This to me suggests some sort of inside knowledge - knowing that owners are not there - an easy target. And this would also then suggest some sort of advance planning IMO. So, if the first one is planned - it doesn't seem plausible that they would then randomly decide to also hit 2 doors down - not knowing if anyone was home there or not.

This bothers me as well. There is no doubt that proximity is a factor. The killer knew the neighborhood. How? That's key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, again, the SUV was seen leaving the neighborhood after the 5:30am burglary at approx 6:01am. DB didn't leave til approx. 6:11am.

Why does that matter ? It's not even implausible for him to stay to pinpoint another house and notice davey at 6:11. Why is that implausible?

Would you agree it's plausible that if they see someone leave a house with the only car in the driveway and all the lights off that they might believe it's empty ?

If not... why do you think that's not plausible ?

The SUV had already left the first house *before* DB left his house. I just can't see that 1 guy sticking around for 10 min and then thinking he would hit the Blackburn house too. It just doesn't make sense to me. But, to each his own. :) and it would seem if the solo guy was walking around the culdesac that DB would have seen him.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...0x886b568f8a6d3071:0xe8d7bf12e4b01875!6m1!1e1

This bothers me as well. There is no doubt that proximity is a factor. The killer knew the neighborhood. How? That's key.

why is that odd ? Casing homes for robberies is a very common practice. The very reason they do it, is to gain knowledge about the neighborhood. right ?

Why is that bothersome that they are doing exactly what you'd expect ?

The SUV had already left the first house *before* DB left his house. I just can't see that 1 guy sticking around for 10 min and then thinking he would hit the Blackburn house too. It just doesn't make sense to me. But, to each his own. :) and it would seem if the solo guy was walking around the culdesac that DB would have seen him.

it would seem that ANYONE would have been able to see him. But what if he was behind the house 1 door down peeking in windows out back ? like a burglar might do! Would Davey had seen him there ?

So at 6:02 - 6:11 he's out back of house 1 door down. Is that odd ? i think it's kind of plausible. you seem to suggest he's just walking around aimlessly. I don't think that's the case. I think that's implausible based on his burglary motivations.

So.. if at 6:11 he sees the guy next door drive away in the only car at that house and the lights are off. Why isn't he going "BINGO" ?

seems very plausible imo

I am open to all kinds of theories on this, and I am not trying to give you a hard time here :)

I'm just very confused by why people think that any of this is implausible in regards to people burglarizing homes, and given their method of choice for house #1. This is the neighborhood where gunshots get fired and nobody calls the police and the body isn't found till hours later. Eyewitnesses see a hooded stranger on the porch and seemingly don't feel the need to call police or watch a little longer to see what's going on. That seems far more implausible to me than all these small things that people are suggesting are implausible

imo

All seems very plausible in that context.

I don't see anything that says he was trolling in amanda's neighborhood.

However, the mention of a "detention bracelet" and "house arrest". How would we know if that was currently the case ?

As I was theorizing just a short while ago. Maybe it's common to move merchandise to a person not involved in the crime, and this guy, if under house arrest has a great alibi - "um, dude I have a detention bracelet. You'd know if I was gone." So, worst they can do is charge him with receiving stolen goods -- you look at his rap sheet and that's a common charge for him.

Hiya, MaxManning.

My apologies are extended. I edited the post to simply "walking in" Amanda's neighborhood as it is not my intention to be misleading; although I do find it bold of the person wearing the hoodie to be seen walking, while not in a hurry, after he had committed a violent rape and fatal shooting. Having difficulty reconciling those together.

Hoosgirl, thank you for posting the link to the pictures of Weston's lovely nursery. I could feel his mother's love and warmth. Amanda was an extremely talented and highly creative individual. I adore the wooden vintage blocks that spelled Weston's precious name as well as the pillow that had the phrase "love you more" embroidered or painted on it.

During the winter of 1998, I attended a business conference in Indy. My hotel room was an old railroad car at Union Station. The Crowne Plaza converted the RR station and rented the rail cars that were fabulously decorated on the interior according to a given celebrity from the 1920s. For instance, I stayed in the Greta Garbo train car. The decor reflected her personality perfectly. Wisely, the bellman warned us, upon arrival, to stay in groups and never venture out alone. Thus, crime has been rampant in Indy for many years.
Video of the historic Union Station. Won't embed it tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBPL4-9CJ4o

This firm statement, issued on Nov 13, had a strong impact on me:
"You are not as good as you think you are. You did not get away clean and free. You did leave evidence behind and we will find you," promised Eric Hench, IMPD Assistant Commander.

I am open to all kinds of theories on this, and I am not trying to give you a hard time here :)

I'm just very confused by why people think that any of this is implausible in regards to people burglarizing homes, and given their method of choice for house #1. This is the neighborhood where gunshots get fired and nobody calls the police and the body isn't found till hours later. Eyewitnesses see a hooded stranger on the porch and seemingly don't feel the need to call police or watch a little longer to see what's going on. That seems far more implausible to me than all these small things that people are suggesting are implausible

imo

All seems very plausible in that context.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe the burglary of the first home was planned. I don't believe they or the solo guy were "casing" the neighborhood. I think they all went straight to a selected target for a reason - both at 5:30am and when Amanda Blackburn was killed.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe the burglary of the first home was planned. I don't believe they or the solo guy were "casing" the neighborhood. I think they all went straight to a selected target for a reason - both at 5:30am and when Amanda Blackburn was killed.

So do you believe the whole thing was a planned hit on Amanda?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm hoping we get answers Monday. This case seems to be dragging along. No answers about the gun or DNA... Either the perp's DNA isn't in the system or they don't have the right perp (s) - which means the people they brought in as POI's would have to consent to give their DNA, correct or incorrect? Is there one POI still sitting in jail?

As far as clearing up alibis and being cleared by solid alibi, yes that can be done quite quickly if you're on tape at the time you said you were, but checking out backgrounds and financial situations and relationships can take much longer. I understand the sister standing up for her brother, but the truth is you just never know about people... even your own kinfolks. It's sad, but true. You can never just say someone you know would never ever harm another human being.
Family who go on TV and tell everyone that their brother or whatever was home at the exact time the crime was committed is very commonplace. Law enforcement does not give any weight to that testimony. As far as gathering DNA yes normally you need a court order but law enforcement has ways of discreetly gathering DNA lawfully without a court order and has been upheld in the Supreme court.

here's an interesting link :

http://www.sheknows.com/home-and-ga...-10-most-common-types-of-homes-thieves-target

Honestly guys, I've never given so much thought to burglary strategy until this case, and this article kind of says alot of things that I am saying are perfectly plausible :

--Homes on the outskirts of neighborhoods are more vulnerable, because fewer neighbors will be able to see if a crime is being committed. This includes dead-end streets, cul-de-sacs and locations with few outlets. Any house that's secluded may also be a target.

--About 60 percent of home burglaries happen during the daytime, and most of those are during the workweek. That's right... while you're at work. Most thieves don't target occupied houses.

Seems like these aspects are plausible, and even preferable ?

why is that odd ? Casing homes for robberies is a very common practice. The very reason they do it, is to gain knowledge about the neighborhood. right ?

Why is that bothersome that they are doing exactly what you'd expect ?

It's a house that was known by neighbors to have owners who were away. I suppose you are right though. This fact could have been ascertained by routine criminal surveillance, and may not have been insider knowledge.

You have a right to your opinion, and I'll even say you could be right.

But it kind of sounds to me, like you have chosen what you believe the outcome to be and then are calling the plausible things implausible, for the sake of preserving that belief.

Sometimes the implausible even happens, so no one knows for sure in a case like this with so little information. But plausibility is used as a means of efficiency in investigation.

But I think it's more productive in a forum like this to just evaluate plausibility and at least acknowledge it even if it doesn't fit our current theory. Otherwise it's impossible to be objective and therefore why even evaluate or investigate further ? haha

I do get what you are saying too. I guess it just seems like all very minor things for me to accept as plausible, given full context of this neighborhood. imo

It could be key. Often, the perpetrator(s) of such crimes become familiar with a neighborhood while doing some form of work in the area, grass cutters, painters, day laborers on a construction crew. Sometimes they live in an adjoining neighborhood, or have relatives or friends who do. And yet in other instances, they become familiar with one area while working another one nearby. Once they've exhausted the first neighborhood, they begin to infiltrate the next one, not unlike rats and six-legged household pests.

JMO

Lol. Since anyone involved with the second burglary is looking at a felony murder charge; I truly doubt that the others will ever say that they told him to scout anything. Jmo.

So hoodie guy is on his own. I'm sure they will say that they called it a night and he was 100% on his own and they had no clue that he planned on robbing anyone.

Jmo.

It could be key. Often, the perpetrator(s) of such crimes become familiar with a neighborhood while doing some form of work in the area, grass cutters, painters, day laborers on a construction crew. Sometimes they live in an adjoining neighborhood, or have relatives or friends who do. And yet in other instances, they become familiar with one area while working another one nearby. Once they've exhausted the first neighborhood, they begin to infiltrate the next one, not unlike rats and six-legged household pests.

JMO

If this is the case people in the neighborhood might be used to seeing them around and not alarmed when they're walking around. "Oh, that's the guy who cleans the gutters." Although 6am would still be weird. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l