IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want this conversation to de-rail but since DB is a Christian and is the surviving victim in this very high profile "Christian pastor's wife murdered" case (Christian friends of mine - and probably everyone else's Christian friends are ALL talking about this via social media, I assure you) I think it's important to point out that not all Christians adhere to the same exact worldview on such things like the DP. Like-wise, not all Christians toss aside the OT (Old Testament) where "an eye for an eye" was originally taught, and adhere *only* to the NT (New Testament). Many Christians take the entire 66 books' teachings to heart as it shapes what they believe and why they believe it. OT being "the law" and why it was laid down the way it was and NT being the law fulfilled through grace in Jesus. (That's the short version, just to offer a little insight for those that may not know Christians do believe different things).

That said, I think the most important thing to come away with is the consideration LE gives the victim's family, to make their case for their wishes known, IF it gets to that point where the DP is on the table. I just think that's particularly awesome that they (LE) does this.

This is again going to be my last comment (sorry I already said that earlier today, this time it's for real!). If all Christians don't agree on the death penalty, it's because those who are for the death penalty haven't taken to heart the New Testament, and the teachings of Jesus. Myself included, I will say. I know what Jesus taught, and I know He taught forgiveness, but I'm not there yet. I'm not a True Believer.

But I recognize fully that True Believers ARE there, and the Blackburns are there, as followers of Jesus. I'm not willing to give up my earthly desires for revenge, although Jesus was, and the Blackburns are.

Mods - Promise - this is my last post about Christianity. ;D

I did read a link that said co-mingled DNA takes around 6 weeks in Indiana. If this should become a death penalty case it will slow to a crawl and the evidence will trickle in for months and I have even seen it take over a year to get everything tested and the results returned.

Yeah I think the turn around time can change depending on agendas too. I followed a local case where the FBI/DA claimed it took over a year to process the DNA (after they rushed to the scene and volunteered their services the morning the body was found).

On the flipside they processed the Savopoulos crime scene (2 miles from the VPs house) dna and got a hit back in hours.

I know that many people who identify as Christians are in favor of the death penalty, and are against welfare, but Jesus of Nazareth was against the death penalty and in favor of taking care of all our brothers and sisters, and giving all you have to the poor. So I think that's where the Blackburns and their church are coming from - they are asking, literally, What Would Jesus Do? He wouldn't impose the death penalty. He would not.

I struggle with this a lot. I am for the death penalty for evil, like with Kenneth McDuff who KEPT being let out of prison by the powers that be to continue to kill women, for God's sake kill that guy so he can be stopped.

BUT. I understand Biblical followers of Jesus who are against the death penalty, as Jesus was.

We're just going to have to disagree here, unless bessie is okay with a thorough Bible study comparing OT Scripture to NT. ;) Just kidding bessie, I'll drop this here.

I know this for sure. But these guys have proven they aren't bright and everything about them says they'll weasel until the very end. Also, what if AB isn't around when the DNA comes back ?

If true, he can't be stupid enough to stick around to find out ? can he ? maybe ?

Taylor did after being questioned all day Friday, released and picked up again last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure that's his? I think the page belongs to someone who misses "him" aka "Dloc."

I though Diano = Dloc?

eta: Oh heck. I don't know. I can't make sense of anything on that page.

I can't make any sense out of 99% of the trash talk posted on any of their pages. Clearly, mastering the English language and proper grammar was never on their to-do list.

Yeah I think the turn around time can change depending on agendas too. I followed a local case where the FBI/DA claimed it took over a year to process the DNA (after they rushed to the scene and volunteered their services the morning the body was found).

On the flipside they processed the Savopoulos crime scene (2 miles from the VPs house) dna and got a hit back in hours.

I have seen that happen on rare occasions and when it does they usually will pick something they know will likely yield the best results. In the Gee Mass Murders in Illinois they fast tracked a piece of evidence to the lab and got the results back on the third day. Same thing happened when the 8 family members were murdered by Guy Heinz Jr. in Georgia. The Sheriff said he had one eye witness and one lab result at that time and it was enough for probable cause to arrest. That took about a two three day turnaround as well.

I certainly understand it if they are wanting to nab an unknown suspect of a horrible murder where they may think other citizens may be in danger. I believe why they did it in the mass murder cases I have listed and in the SS mass murder case was due to the unusual amount of murder victims.

I think even in this case they fast tracked a piece of evidence they felt would give them the results they needed for an arrest and it worked out for them but now I think everything will settle down and other lab results will come back in here and there.

Heck in the Cesar Lauren murder trial the Prosecutor didn't even get the forensic results back on the bludgeoning weapon he used to kill Lauterbach until 17 days before his trial was to begin. And he was held in Mexico almost for a year before even being brought back to NC to stand trial.

But I am seeing more cases lately where one or two items will be fast tracked which I think that is a good thing. I am sure the people in Amanda's neighborhood can finally rest well now knowing all who participated are now locked up in jail.

IMO

Now that information had to make those neighbors get weak kneed just thinking about that.

I keep thinking about the other home invasion where they came in and stole the woman's cell phone right off her own bed where she was sleeping and she never realized at the time that anyone was there. Shudder.

That just shows sometimes it is the luck of the draw and these kind of criminals can hit anywhere at anytime.

IMO

Yes! Especially because her name and address was printed all over the place in MSM.

Now that information had to make those neighbors get weak kneed just thinking about that.

I keep thinking about the other home invasion where they came in and stole the woman's cell phone right off her own bed where she was sleeping and she never realized at the time that anyone was there. Shudder.

That just shows sometimes it is the luck of the draw and these kind of criminals can hit anywhere at anytime.

IMO

I actually did shudder when I read that. I use my phone's alarm clock feature during the week to get up before the kids and rustle them all out of bed. I put my phone right on the night stand. Likewise, my hubby is out the door several days a week before 5:30am (and thank God he locks the door every single time, without fail). But this case very much parallels our own home routine, right down to the neighborhood the Blackburns lived in. It's very unsettling, and I have no doubt the woman from the first burglary is beyond thankful, realizing it could have been her.

We're just going to have to disagree here, unless bessie is okay with a thorough Bible study comparing OT Scripture to NT. ;) Just kidding bessie, I'll drop this here.

Quick question though - wouldn't DB just follow whatever church doctrine says? And/or are Baptists pro-life?

Thank you! I can't paste more due to copyright but wow, look at November 10:

5:23 a.m. – Security camera footage captures three subjects breaking into a home on San Clemente Drive. The thieves steal a laptop, purse and a 2007 Chrysler Sebring.
6:40 a.m. – A resident on Sunnyfield Court hears two gunshots and what sounds like a woman scream.
6:54 a.m. – A $400 withdrawal is made on Amanda Blackburn's Chase debit card at an ATM on the 1300 block of 86th Street.
7:05 a.m. – Resident on 2900 block of Sunnyfield Court sees a black male wearing all black walking north with a T-shirt pulled up over his face.
7:10 a.m. – Resident on 2800 block of Sunmeadow Way sees "like white late model Chrysler Sebring" pull up and a black male wearing a hoody get inside.
7:53 a.m. – Amanda Blackburn's phone receives a voicemail alert from Chase bank warning of suspicious activity on her debit card.
8:17 a.m. – A resident on the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court calls 911 to report a burglary at her home. Four televisions and a MacBook Pro were stolen, along with a bag of oranges. The suspects also "drank beer and wine and left the bottles in the home."
8:22 a.m. – Davey Blackburn calls 911, reporting he's found his wife injured and unconscious on the living room floor of their home on Sunnyfield Court.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/timeline-the-murder-of-amanda-blackburn

Here's the Probable Cause Document:

http://ftpcontent2.worldnow.com/wthr/PDF/blackburnpc.pdf
Wow! I take a few hours off, and look at all the new information that's come forward. I'm still catching up, but I suppose you guys have figured out by now that 5:23 is not the time that the San Clemente break-in commenced. As I posted a couple of times, per the crime map, 5:23 A.M. is the time the 911 call was logged. I mention it because it was a sticking point for some who didn't believe the same group committed the three crimes because of the timing.

Apttyqt.jpg

Are we allowed to post this? This is clearly Diano Gordon's facebook page, although it's from a couple years ago. Sorry if it's already been posted.

I can't tell at all what he's usually talking about, except that he posts things about being upset about something. Don't know what it is. He's not speaking English. Apparently someone he really cares about is in jail. And also, he is on house arrest during this time a few years ago. I will say this, others who speak english do seem to understand what he's saying. It's a separate language, like Cockney is a separate language in England and can't be understood by outsiders.

https://www.facebook.com/RIP.LIL.NUK?fref=nf

I read that earlier today. MY opinion was that it was Diano's girlfriend writing those comments. The post on Christmas about "wifey hacking his FB", and all of the comments about missing him, etc. Just sounded much more like a girlfriend/wife, etc.

It doesn't matter............these cockroaches need to be dead...........post haste. Nobody is going to rehabilitate these guys, and they have absolutely nothing to offer to society. Sending them to prison is simply going to harden them off even more than they already are.

This is one of those times when "sending a message"........is pretty much all we're going to accomplish.

I greatly admire how you get down to the nitty gritty really fast. No frills ........just telling it like it is.:)

ITA too.

Quick question though - wouldn't DB just follow whatever church doctrine says? And/or are Baptists pro-life?

Fair question. Just to be clear though, pro-life doesn't automatically mean anti-DP. Many (Christians) believe that while pro-life means all life is created in the image of God, that doesn't negate the law of the land (DP).

As well, there are many who are members or even leaders of a church who, while in agreement with core doctrinal principles on key areas, will have varying degrees of world views in other areas, such as the DP. I'm sure they exist, but I've never run across a Baptist church that has the Biblical teachings on the DP on their "what we believe" page. Those are generally for the basic points of faith & salvation and *most* (not all) are fairly gracious and extend liberty to other areas like this one. Mostly because, it's an issue that will never see complete agreement even among Christians. So, liberty is extended there.

Wow! I take a few hours off, and look at all the new information that's come forward. I'm still catching up, but I suppose you guys have figured out by now that 5:23 is not the time that the San Clemente break-in commenced. As I posted a couple of times, per the crime map, 5:23 A.M. is the time the 911 call was logged. I mention it because it was a sticking point for some who didn't believe the same group committed the three crimes because of the timing.

Apttyqt.jpg

You're right Bessie - according to the Probable Cause Affidavit the woman at San Clemente woke up at 4:30 am to find her phone missing. She called police at 5:23 am. The affidavit starts on pg. 13:

http://ftpcontent2.worldnow.com/wthr/PDF/blackburnpc.pdf

Oh my, reading this is sickening! ... I can't help but wonder if they could possibly be waiting on DNA results for SA, her condition of undress (naked waste down with shirt over head) and facial injuries (scratch on face, lip, busted tooth) really worry me :shakehead:, and there's a hx, taylor exposing himself at target last summer and the other rape charge at Westlake Apts... Poor Amanda. It's a visual I'm trying to get out of my head... I really, really hope not.

These guys, the "kill gang," were confident, arrogant and seemed comfortable entering homes, something like this was almost inevitable. And after looking at their criminal hx, I'm sickened these guys were even free to murder Amanda! They belonged behind bars.... I'm so angry right now.. And sad... Anyone else having trouble reading this stuff???

All jmo.

Fair question. Just to be clear though, pro-life doesn't automatically mean anti-DP. Many (Christians) believe that while pro-life means all life is created in the image of God, that doesn't negate the law of the land (DP).

As well, there are many who are members or even leaders of a church who, while in agreement with core doctrinal principles on key areas, will have varying degrees of world views in other areas, such as the DP. I'm sure they exist, but I've never run across a Baptist church that has the Biblical teachings on the DP on their "what we believe" page. Those are generally for the basic points of faith & salvation and *most* (not all) are fairly gracious and extend liberty to other areas like this one. Mostly because, it's an issue that will never see complete agreement even among Christians. So, liberty is extended there.

I was raised Catholic and the "what we believe" page applies to everyone. It doesn't matter if we agree or not. :) So the answer is much more simple. Catholics can have different views, obviously, but a church leader would absolutely have to follow along with doctrine and the Pope. That's why I asked about doctrine and whether or not he could publicly state an opinion that went against the religion's teachings.

Davey seems like a strong and kind person with a sense of humour. I hope he's being kind to himself too.

Oh my, reading this is sickening! ... I can't help but wonder if they could possibly be waiting on DNA results for SA, her condition of undress (naked waste down with shirt over head) and facial injuries (scratch on face, lip, busted tooth) really worry me :shakehead:, and there's a hx, taylor exposing himself at target last summer and the other rape charge at Westlake Apts... Poor Amanda. It's a visual I'm trying to get out of my head... I really, really hope not.

These guys, the "kill gang," were confident, arrogant and seemed comfortable entering homes, something like this was almost inevitable. And after looking at their criminal hx, I'm sickened these guys were even free to murder Amanda! They belonged behind bars.... I'm so angry right now.. And sad... Anyone else having trouble reading this stuff???

All jmo.

I am. I'm also having a lot of trouble looking at their pictures. I can't look at their faces without imagining how Amanda felt when she was seeing them. :(

I believe as Davey is speaking of forgiveness, the most difficult will be to forgive himself. He knows deep inside that it was he who left the front door unlocked when he left for the gym. Also that he stayed in his car in front of the house on his phone for almost an hour before going inside. Not knowing if he got help to Amanda sooner would have helped or possibly save her. This will haunt him forever I think.

JMO's

I am. I'm also having a lot of trouble looking at their pictures. I can't look at their faces without imagining how Amanda felt when she was seeing them. :(

Yes!... And I keep thinking about Davey, and what he saw when he came in the house... I just don't get it, the lack of human compassion some have... geesh. And I also hope he doesn't blame himself for anything, like not locking or checking the door - and the phone call. I feel for the guy...

eta.....jggordo - I was writing while you posted that, we were thinking alike! :wink:.
All jmo.

Taylor did after being questioned all day Friday, released and picked up again last night.

But in what I am saying is based on suggesting Taylor didn't do it and his DNA wouldn't be at the crime scene.

As far out as this sounds, admittedly it sounds that way to even me, I question whether he is being threatened to take the rap. Consequences for not being, whatever a gang might do to you for refusing.

The reason he doesn't leave is because he is 18, and if he doesn't go along they deal with him. Why do you think that many people won't report a crime perpetrated by a gang ? It's because they fear the consequences, I would assume.

Also the difference is that if my theory were true, AB KNOWS his DNA is there. That's the situation in which you would leave to avoid the OBVIOUS.

It's arguable that all these guys felt maybe they weaseled out of this by not being arrested immediately after questioning.

Kind of convenient that the story is -- taylor was the only one there and he told us he'd kill her if we didn't come back and then he did and told us exactly how it went down - and that story excludes all of us from being there. Oh yeah, and I lent this guy my coat for the robbery that I didn't know he was going to be doing.

Well, just a thought, and I don't put too much stock in it. But it does feel like they are all throwing him under the bus. Maybe it's completely the truth.

But just a thought based off the idea that someone would lend their jacket -- something that could be traced back to them - to perpetrate a robbery. But I do see it as more plausible that they were dumb enough for such a thing and it was more about having a dark colored jacket ?

Wasn't there a guy in all white at san clemente robbery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734