IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few things that are just not adding up for me according to the PC statement & comparing it to the map. Is there an un-redacted version out there somewhere with the actual phone numbers?
Nope. What's not adding up? Let's figure it out.

And there ya go. We're not talking about mental giants. What we know of their ilk, and the past crimes these three have committed -- particularly the older two -- their behavior is rash and impulsive. I wouldn't venture too deeply into their thought processes. My intention with the map was to pose a logical answer to the question of why/how they ended up in the general vicinity of AB's house, 10-plus miles from the first burglary. Beyond that, :dunno:

But here's something else of interest.Look closely at this route. This is starting to make more sense in terms of why they ended up in AB's neighborhood. It's hard to capture it in one image. You really have to go to the map link and zoom in to see what I mean.

Point A - They leave San Clemente and drive southwest down to E. 38th. On E. 38th, they head west toward Guion Rd.

Point B - From E. 38th, they approach W. Kessler Blvd. They take W. Kessler Blvd North exit. W. Kessler Blvd. is the main street which opens onto AB's neighborhood and a few other subdivisions.

Point C - After the crimes, they travel north on Kessler, then west on 56th, and drop off Taylor at Guion Rd.

Point D - They then backtrack south to E. 38th, and take E. 38th east to Rookwood (in the "Boulevard" neighborhood) where they ditch the car.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/San...bb56923185!2m2!1d-86.1675409!2d39.8248892!3e0

weITkN7.jpg

Which leads to the next question: where did Watson and Gordon go after they ditched the car?

I'm not familiar with indianapolis, but where do the bus lines run ? picked up ?

Do bus lines nowadays have cameras on them ?

I see green on the map, seems like a forest preserve ?

It's also a location with significant distance between sunnyfield and san clemente where the car was stolen. Longer it takes to find the car, the better.

But, not sure they gave all that much thought besides maybe "forest preserve" or whatever that is, because they surely didn't give much thought to leaving evidence that tied the care to the crime - atm receipts etc.

I'm not familiar with indianapolis, but where do the bus lines run ? picked up ?

Do bus lines nowadays have cameras on them ?

I see green on the map, seems like a forest preserve ?

It's also a location with significant distance between sunnyfield and san clemente where the car was stolen. Longer it takes to find the car, the better.

But, not sure they gave all that much thought besides maybe "forest preserve" or whatever that is, because they surely didn't give much thought to leaving evidence that tied the care to the crime - atm receipts etc.
That green space is a cemetery, but the street where they left the car is in a residential area. They might have taken a bus. I'm not familiar with the city, either, but if you zoom in on the map you can see the bus stop icons along 38th. I guess I'm wondering if they knew someone in the neighborhood within walking distance, or if someone picked them up there. Also, I don't think we know where they were residing.

Thanks so much Bessie. This makes more sense to me. :) I was using your first map showing them driving along 56th toward Guion and suddenly deciding to do a couple of burglaries on the way. Amanda's street seemed out of the way. The second map coming along 38th puts them closer to Amanda's street. This seems more likely, and more random, although all of it is stupid and risky and beyond my understanding. Some were thinking it might have been targeted because of the obscure location, so I was trying to puzzle that out, because I do think it was random without further information. JMO

And there ya go. We're not talking about mental giants. What we know of their ilk, and the past crimes these three have committed -- particularly the older two -- their behavior is rash and impulsive. I wouldn't venture too deeply into their thought processes. My intention with the map was to pose a logical answer to the question of why/how they ended up in the general vicinity of AB's house, 10-plus miles from the first burglary. Beyond that, :dunno:

But here's something else of interest.Look closely at this route. This is starting to make more sense in terms of why they ended up in AB's neighborhood. It's hard to capture it in one image. You really have to go to the map link and zoom in to see what I mean.

Point A - They leave San Clemente and drive southwest down to E. 38th. On E. 38th, they head west toward Guion Rd.

Point B - From E. 38th, they approach W. Kessler Blvd. They take W. Kessler Blvd North exit. W. Kessler Blvd. is the main street which opens onto AB's neighborhood and a few other subdivisions.

Point C - After the crimes, they travel north on Kessler, then west on 56th, and drop off Taylor at Guion Rd.

Point D - They then backtrack south to E. 38th, and take E. 38th east to Rookwood (in the "Boulevard" neighborhood) where they ditch the car.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/San...bb56923185!2m2!1d-86.1675409!2d39.8248892!3e0

weITkN7.jpg

Which leads to the next question: where did Watson and Gordon go after they ditched the car?

The big green space on the map is either Crown Hill Cemetery or the IMA (indpls art museum), they both sit off W. 38th Street.
Buses run all over Guion, Kessler, 38th - Indy is a grid, so probably stops at most corners.
Unsure if they have cameras, I can ask a friend who drives for IndyGo.
There are lots of neighborhoods off Kessler Blvd...many w/o houses with tvs on culdesacs.

That green space is a cemetery. I'm not familiar with the city, either, but if you zoom in on the map you can see the bus icons. I guess I'm wondering if they knew someone in the neighborhood within walking distance, or if someone picked them up there. Also, I don't think we know where they were residing.

Sorry, I should have went to google maps to look myself, was just a quick thought that it could be a forest preserve. Cemetery is a secluded place as well.

If they have all these stolen goods, then I'd think somebody likely met them there to load the goods ? If this doesn't happen , then it's hard to believe that burglary was the primary motive for sure.

But depending on the situations maybe multiple cars met them, or the bus lines would be another route to leave. I'd check the bus cameras if they exist to determine if they did. If they transferred goods before they got to the cemetery, more likely they took the bus. But if they met at the cemetery, I'd think they'd just ride out with whoever they met there ?

Maybe you get lucky and see them with a hood off and make more positive ID's as to who was wearing what etc.

Here's indyGo public transportation routes and there are routes that run right by that cemetery.
http://www.indygo.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/System-Map-Map-Only.pdf

38th Street is a main road across Indy. I'm waiting on my friend to reply about the cameras - he's working today so it may be a while.

I'd say if it was rockwood, then do they know anyone who lives there ? I went into streetview and it looks like an older, but not a shady area imo. I think that they'd stick out every bit as much in this neighborhood as in sunnyfield ct if walking down the street in hoodies.

There is a bus stop right in front of the funeral home on 38th and Clarendon, just a short ways from rockwood. However it is on the side of the road that would be going West, back towards Sunnyfield. Looking for where an eastward bound bus would pickup.

Yes, it does appear there is a bus stop sign for an east bound bus right across the street as well.

They'd need to move the merchandise out of the car before taking a bus..I'd think they'd just get a lift?

. Some were thinking it might have been targeted because of the obscure location, so I was trying to puzzle that out, because I do think it was random without further information. JMO

One or more of them may have done work in that neighborhood. Like a grass cutting job or something else that could give great knowledge of customs, habits, and routines there.

So weird to try to hit up three houses on one road, but only hit up one on the original burglary.

Those thieves are certainly not rocket scientists. In a small cul-de-sac to top it off. All the houses kinda face each other.And walking through the front door? Incredibly ballsy

I'd say if it was rockwood, then do they know anyone who lives there ? I went into streetview and it looks like an older, but not a shady area imo. I think that they'd stick out every bit as much in this neighborhood as in sunnyfield ct if walking down the street in hoodies.

They wouldn't stand out. It's a working class area but surrounded by shady ones.

So weird to try to hit up three houses on one road, but only hit up one on the original burglary.

Those thieves are certainly not rocket scientists. In a small cul-de-sac to top it off. All the houses kinda face each other.And walking through the front door? Incredibly ballsy

The first burglary in part seems to be about obtaining a vehicle and ride to the more lucrative neighborhood. Alot of what they did as well as accounts of past burglaries by jalen watson could be termed as "ballsy".

So they use the trick or treat method. Door to door until they feel they have enough loot to call it a day.

Idiots.

This was a duplicate post.

The first burglary in part seems to be about obtaining a vehicle and ride to the more lucrative neighborhood. Alot of what they did as well as accounts of past burglaries by jalen watson could be termed as "ballsy".

Interesting! So they have a past history of going house to house on the same street until they've deemed their burglaries a success?

I imagine they've been caught in the past. Apparently their punishment in the past hasn't been sufficient.
They've upped the ante to "murder"

Sickening.

One or more of them may have done work in that neighborhood. Like a grass cutting job or something else that could give great knowledge of customs, habits, and routines there.

Yes, we considered that awhile back, but after looking at their FB pages, they just don't seem like the types to do yard care or much else in the way of honest work. :) But it may turn out the way you suggest. Or maybe they have a working friend who feeds them information. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob