IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at a crime map of indianapolis and burglaries are all over that city. So I guess maybe you could track the residence or home neighborhood of burglars and their targets. My guess is that most burglaries in the area of Sunnyside ct or nicer areas are more likely to be burglarized by people outside of that immediate area.

We could ask why san clemente? It's odd that they would rob so close to their home because they were more likely to be recognized by someone. But if their goal is to steal a car for the purpose of going to another neighborhood with better loot, seems likely they'd do it in their neighborhood. Then use that car to go to the more distant neighborhood where no one notices the car or them.

jmo

I can only imagine how awful DB must feel to know that while he was in the driveway chatting on the phone, AB was dying inside. I really do feel for him.

You are so right that we can take an important lesson from this tragedy: trust your instincts, and pick up the phone. I don't want to say too much about DB or the neighbors because, like you said, I'm sure they're wrestling with regret and guilt. Just to clarify a bit, though, only the one couple ("Neighbor A" and his wife) saw Taylor before he entered AB's home, according to the doc. I believe the lady I call "Neighbor C" was the wife of "Neighbor A". I say that because in the first presser, it was stated that residents of one house saw a suspect near AB's house, and a resident of the same house spotted him again later.

(BBM)

That's the part that would tear me up in a really bad way,that my wife was laying on a floor in her own blood riddled with three bullet holes,while I was talking away on my mobile phone.It wouldn't matter that nothing would have saved her.....The pure raw symbolism of it,the fact that I was so close yet not there for her would be extremely difficult for me to process.

I agree. They sure didn't spend much time driving around looking for a a good neighborhood to hit. I do know by looking at the map, the intersection where Taylor was dropped off is not as far away as the cottages. It's only like three miles from AB's house. One of the other three, ABu I believe, was arrested in that same area awhile back if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/2812+Sunnyfield+Court,+Indianapolis,+IN/39.8520334,-86.2337593/@39.8355938,-86.2387192,14z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x886b568f8a6d3071:0xe8d7bf12e4b01875!2m2!1d-86.207191!2d39.826914!1m0!3e0

I strongly doubt it. For one thing, they went to the neighbor's house first, and spent close to an hour hanging out there. Secondly, I think the "CI" would have indicated it. Some will say that perhaps he did, and LE purposely left it out of the affidavit. I'd disagree because evidence that the B's were targeted would have added greatly to the "probable cause".

JMO

ETA: WRT no. 2 in your other post, it sure looks like that person was getting a blow by blow of their activities, doesn't it. I think BigCityAccountant is right. There are more charges to come. We'll see.

(BBM)
I think the little hour long robbery/party at the neighbor's house left these 3 punks feeling like cocky,arrogant gangsters on an unstoppable roll...so much so that they had no fear of going after what they perceived as an easy target.I have a strong feeling that Amanda was exceptionally courageous during the struggle.

Originally posted by The Marvelous bessie

Here's a timeline from the charging docs with some media reports included. Please let me know if anyone spots errors. Also posted in the media thread, Post #37.e's a timeline from the charging docs with some media reports included. Please let me know if anyone spots errors. Also posted in the media thread, Post #37.

>>>> snipped with awe and respect by me <<<<

:tyou: Ohhhh, bessie - You are so very good to us and you are an amazing Administrator. Thank you so much for this good, hard and time-consuming timeline. A valuable Websleuths tool for all of us.

:yourock:
:loveyou: .. :takeabow:

It's all just a guessing game right now why they chose THAT neighborhood, which is kind of out of the way. I mean, you almost have to know where you're going in that area to get to that particular street. I do hope one of them does spill and explains why that neighborhood and settles this for those of us wondering.
It's very possible one or more were familiar enough with "the addition" simply from living in the city. And remember, Taylor was staying just a few miles away. So the explanation might be that they were on the way to "Cheese's" place, but then decided they wanted more money first (per CI), and drove over to the addition because that's where they were likely to find a good spot to hit.

Before the arrests, I posted that the perp might be someone who'd done work in the area, like a lawn cutter, or day laborer on a construction crew. Looking at this bunch now, I doubt that's case. Nevertheless, just out of curiosity, I'd still like to know what brought them there. I don't think it's of particular relevance, however, other than to add to the statistical data which illustrates how and why the criminal element encroaches on otherwise "nice neighborhoods".

JMO

Wow- that was a lot of work on that timeline put together. Man, it was tough to read. I wasn't going to check back on here again because it is all really too upsetting, but did. I didn't realize so many neighbors spotted these creeps before!! And didn't realize the husband was in his car talking on the phone for 40 minutes before going inside. Not that time would have mattered, since reading the horrific gun shot wounds.

I'm sure those neighbors, and husband are racked with 'coulda, woulda, shoulda'. I hope they find peace and don't feel guilty. I was a victim of a crime 12 years ago and I still do the looking back. But hindsight is 20/20. I'm glad the family has such a strong faith to get them through. I wouldn't survive it.

So at least we on here all learn lessons from something so tragic. ALWAYS call the police. One time I called the local police number (not 911) to do a drive around the street when I saw something. My gut wasn't that this person was up to no good, but I still thought better safe than sorry.
And believe me, gut feeling is always right on- like that one neighbor had when he went back home. And always lock your doors. Though the one house they broke through a deadbolt, which is terrifying..at least if door was locked, maybe poor Amanda would have heard someone trying to enter and called 911.

Also, why believe AB 'charged him'. His pathetic 'excuse' for shooting her. I wouldn't believe a thing that piece of ---- animal says.

bbm

Always call the police -- yes, just tell them what you are seeing, giving as many details as possible (description of whatever you see -- individual's clothing, whatever, and car model, color, plate number if possible, etc.,) and let the professionals decide whether it sounds like something they need to investigate. "To protect and to serve" is something, IMO, LE takes a lot of pride and duty in performing.

AB "charged" him - This has bothered me since I read it. With your most precious son in the house?
She may have tried to calm them down and just asked them what they wanted.

I looked at a crime map of indianapolis and burglaries are all over that city. So I guess maybe you could track the residence or home neighborhood of burglars and their targets. My guess is that most burglaries in the area of Sunnyside ct or nicer areas are more likely to be burglarized by people outside of that immediate area.

We could ask why san clemente? It's odd that they would rob so close to their home because they were more likely to be recognized by someone. But if their goal is to steal a car for the purpose of going to another neighborhood with better loot, seems likely they'd do it in their neighborhood. Then use that car to go to the more distant neighborhood where no one notices the car or them.

jmo

I ask because it is my hometown and I know it well. Both areas as well as most of the city. I don't think it's an odd question to ask.

It's very possible one or more were familiar enough with "the addition" simply from living in the city. And remember, Taylor was staying just a few miles away. So the explanation might be that they were on the way to "Cheese's" place, but then decided they wanted more money first (per CI), and drove over to the addition because that's where they were likely to find a good spot to hit.

Before the arrests, I posted that the perp might be someone who'd done work in the area, like a lawn cutter, or day laborer on a construction crew. Looking at this bunch now, I doubt that's case. Nevertheless, just out of curiosity, I'd still like to know what brought them there. I don't think it's of particular relevance, however, other than to add to the statistical data which illustrates how and why the criminal element encroaches on otherwise "nice neighborhoods".

JMO

During the presser, one of the local journalists asked that very same question almost word for word. I KNOW you heard it! I was like "yeah, they're not reading WS" ;) I'm glad it was asked but judging by the look on the LE's face and his negative response, it's highly unlikely any of these vermin actually held an honest day's job. Not recently, anyway.

I strongly agree with your second point though, and while it may not be of relevance in THIS case, it may certainly be of educational importance for those following the case with questions. While the rest of the world might read one article and consider Amanda's death a "senseless thing", there is much to be gleaned here that just may reduce the victim-rate by one less family. YKWIM?

I ask because it is my hometown and I know it well. Both areas as well as most of the city. I don't think it's an odd question to ask.

I don't think it's an odd question either. In the Jenise Wright case, that's MY hometown, and I saw a lot of people asking questions and making comments that just did NOT apply, or equally, totally applied - based on the locale. In my experience here, locals in cases have MUCH wisdom to offer, and I'm always glad when they follow along. That always benefits everyone.

56th and 465 (far ne side) to 38th and Michigan Rd area (nw side) seems random and weird to me. i wonder what brought them to the murder neighborhood?

I think many of us are asking the same question. In fact, it came up at the press conference. The officials had no answer, or none they were willing to divulge at the time, anyway. I'm sure it will come out, eventually. One of our social media sleuths might figure it out in the meantime. ;)

What am I missing on this? I'm lost.

My comment was not directly a response to your initial question at all.

I was making the point that NEITHER location that was chosen in the same night, was odd imo, if you are a burglar. I gave you examples of many plausible reasons why they would go there or anywhere else 10-20 minutes away, for a burglary.

I am in no way saying that someone with local knowledge wouldn't have more information regarding something more specific that might make it "odd", but you purely mentioned distance.

So is stealing a car that people would be looking for in the neighborhood it was stolen in and then going 10 minutes away to a neighborhood where your car and who you are are less likely to be recognized odd ?

So, not an odd question, but I guess maybe my next question is - do you think what I have said is plausible answer to your question ?

I guess my question for you specifically as a resident of the area would be, which of those two locations would likely yield the higher value loot in a burglary ? Because I think that's a big factor in how a burglar thinks. would you agree ?

I think we saw these guys were noted as saying several times they "Wanted more money" and that was their reasoning for going out again. Even without them saying it, I kind of assume a burglar is doing it for "more money".

Sorry if you felt my post was directed at you personally, it was not. But I think the big elephant in the room is leading some to angle towards building a case for "WHY" they were there, and it's not really to figure out why a burglar chooses a given house, it's to explore the concept of burglary not being the primary motive - but murder instead.

What am I missing on this? I'm lost.
Not much, other than knocking around ideas about a question many wondered about: Why did they end up ten miles away from where they started out?

FF is particularly interested because s/he's from Indy. I've suggested that the answer lies in the fact that they were on their way to drop off Taylor at his friend's place only three miles from AB's home. But that's it. Nothing particularly intriguing or of great import has been discussed.

I don't think it's an odd question either. In the Jenise Wright case, that's MY hometown, and I saw a lot of people asking questions and making comments that just did NOT apply, or equally, totally applied - based on the locale. In my experience here, locals in cases have MUCH wisdom to offer, and I'm always glad when they follow along. That always benefits everyone.

I never said it was an odd question.

I said "We could ask why san clemente? It's odd that they would rob so close to their home because they were more likely to be recognized by someone. "

Suggesting that NEITHER location would be odd for a robbery, although you could suggest that purely on distance in either instance. Never said the question itself was odd.

My meaning was that if the robbery at san clemente ended in murder, we could ask this and suggest it was odd to build a case for murder as primary motive, right ? In that one there were people in the house, who if they had awoken... yep, they'd probably be murdered. Supposedly Taylor wanted to go back and murder her, but watson and gordon talked him out of it.

My opinion is that this "distance" topic is more about establishing reasons why it was implausible they'd go there, UNLESS they have the primary motive of targeting the inhabitant.

From there, it moves to well, who would want to target that person ?

and so on.

we know where that conversation leads to, right ? or are we not able to let on ? haha :)

Not much, other than knocking around ideas about a question many wondered about: Why did they end up ten miles away from where they started out?

FF is particularly interested because s/he's from Indy. I've suggested that the answer lies in the fact that they were on their way to drop off Taylor at his friend's place only three miles from AB's home. But that's it. Nothing particularly intriguing or of great import has been discussed.

That's not correct unless I am missing something. Wasn't it said "They wanted more money" ?

Isn't that plausible that you'd go to a wealthier neighborhood to increase your odds of a higher return on a burglary ?

Robbing potentially 3 houses in succession would also seem to be a way to get "more money".

Stealing a car and going 10 miles away so you aren't where the police are looking for that car and not in the neighborhood it was stolen ?

Again, not at all saying there couldn't be other motives.

But are these not highly plausible reasons to anyone ?

I do find it odd that they somehow ended up in an empty house on that cul de sac that they proceeded to spend an hour seemingly comfortably in drinking wine and beer in no great panic to get in and out.
The homeowner returned to her burglarized home at 8:17am when she placed the 911 call. I have no idea but it sounds like she may work a night shift? Or was out of town and returned home on a flight that landed in the early am? Or or?? I don't know but how did they know that the owner hadn't popped out to a 24 hr Walgreens for something and wouldn't be right back? She seems to be a single woman living alone. Did they know that? How did they know that the owner wasn't a big burly guy carrying a gun and ready to bust in shooting?
Or was it once again just the way all the cards played in their favour that morning where nobody awoke at the first apartment, they managed to steal a car from there, they drove to a house where a single woman was away and not due back for hours, they left her house at the exact moment that a door next door was left unlocked, they managed to terrorize and murder AB with nobody hearing anything or calling the police, they managed to leave shortly before DB arrives back home with nobody the wiser and they even manage to get $ out of AB's account. It's infuriating that it all came together like this. I suppose that they had gotten away with it before so maybe it's not so curious after all but it just niggles at me. The way it all came together that morning in that location.

Was the 911 call released? Was it reported if DB tried CPR?

I do find it odd that they somehow ended up in an empty house on that cul de sac that they proceeded to spend an hour seemingly comfortably in drinking wine and beer in no great panic to get in and out.
The homeowner returned to her burglarized home at 8:17am when she placed the 911 call. I have no idea but it sounds like she may work a night shift? O

Wasn't it also noted at the san clemente residence that they appeared in no great hurry ?

They also spent a great deal of time at blackburns before the murder occurred.

So, they were consistent in that respect ?

They were at the san clemente residence and stole a phone right off the dresser besides the bed the lady was sleeping in. - is it plausible to suggest that maybe if she had awoken, the same might have happened ?

they drove to a house where a single woman was away and not due back for hours, they left her house at the exact moment that a door next door was left unlocked for them

They tried to get in the house next door after the house 2 doors down. Did they know if a burly guy was in there or a woman ?

I get what you are saying, and believe me, I'm not settled on how things actually went down. But I do see lots of people questioning things that I find as really plausible given the evidence and what a burglar's motives might be.

Now... if they were implausible, that's where I'd go quicker to the other direction. But I see alot of plausible things being deemed implausible.

To be clear , do I think it's plausible to think that amanda could have been targeted - why sure.

But am I saying that things that are plausible are actually implausible to build that case ?

That's a distinction that I think can help you determine if you are being objective or not --- imo

Confused about the car-Sebring versus a dark colored SUV. The PB affidavit notes the stolen car was recovered at 10:58 PM on Nov. 11th.
Bessie's outline notes "the recovered SUV" in relation to LE looking for evidence within the vehicle.

Also, earlier in the case , there was a report about a dark SUV speeding away from the Sunnyfield Court area.

Is the stolen Sebring, white or a light color, the only vehicle involved or is there a dark SUV in the picture too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member