IN IN - Brannon O’Dell, 18, went outside to look for bugs & lizards, high-functioning autism, low blood sugar, Ligonier, 24 Sept 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
brannon-odell_flyer.jpg

LIGONIER, Ind. (WPTA) - The Ligonier Police Department and Missing People in America are seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing 18-year-old boy.

According to the organizations, 18-year-old Brannon O’Dell is missing and was last seen by a Pizza Hut delivery driver at 8:58 p.m. on Tuesday, September 24th.

More at Ligonier PD, Missing People in America seeking public assistance to locate missing 18-year-old boy

Nothing new at this link.

Was this usual behavior for him ?
If he'd walked too far, would he have accepted a ride from anyone ?
It's been four days now.

Has his parents or family/friends made a plea ?
Scary about his meds being left behind. :(
Eta : How will his health hold up without those particular meds ?
Omo.

I’d like to know what the medicine is that he takes for low blood sugar. That is not a condition typically treated with medication.
Good thought - I'm thinking the medication is likely related to the bleeding disorder rather than medication for low blood sugar AND a bleeding disorder. They've not mentioned what disorder he has, but one of the most common bleeding disorders in the general population (about 1% have it) is von Willebrand disease and medication for that in the form of nasal sprays is commonly used to help with nosebleeds that can come with that.

Is it common for Brannon to go out and search for bugs/lizards at 10 PM? Was he upset about something? I also note that he has no ID, no shoes, no needed meds. I really hope that he'll be found safe very soon.

I'll have to say that I always go worm and lizard hunting after it's been dark a few hours and preferably in the rain, also I never wear shoes while doing this. Nor do I carry anything else with me but maybe a small bucket to keep what I catch in. MOO.

Is it common for Brannon to go out and search for bugs/lizards at 10 PM ? Was he upset about something ? I also note that he has no ID, no shoes, no needed meds. I really hope that he'll be found safe very soon.
Bbm.
I'm going with possibly upset. Imo.
His fiancee' lives in TX ?
Was there a breakup ?
Did he live alone or with a roommate/friend.
Seems like there's something not being said and maybe more to his disappearance.
Just my .02.

This is right up the road from me. Has he been found? Did he take his phone? Does he live close to one of the many lakes up here? If I had more of an idea where he went missing from I could get a better idea of what he was walking out into. There is a lot of country and open space in Ligonier.

Edit - My local FB groups are filled with his picture and information. His mother believes someone has taken him in some fashion. Her plea is heartbreaking.

Last edited:
I suppose there would be visible search parties around the area. But strange indeed they do not say from where he went missing. LE usually does…
Why would someone take him ? There must be indeed more going on that we do not know of
I hope he is just lost and safe and will soon be home, prayers for his family

Bbm.
I'm going with possibly upset. Imo.
His fiancee' lives in TX ?
Was there a breakup ?
Did he live alone or with a roommate/friend.
Seems like there's something not being said and maybe more to his disappearance.
Just my .02.
No, I get the sense from reading his moms fbk that all was fine in regards to fam and gf. The important thing is not speculating to the extent that his fam might see these posts but rather in publicizing he is missing. Thankfully there are alot of searchers out there.

Last edited:
No, I get the sense from reading his moms fbk that all was fine in regards to fam and gf. The important thing is not speculating to the extent that his fam might see these posts but rather in publicizing he is missing. Thankfully there are alot of searchers out there.

Part of this forum is theorizing and speculation; which we're allowed to do here.
Some of us are looking at all available possibilities, if it means finding a clue as to where the missing person might have gone to, or if they went to a certain location or someone's house ?

Part of Brannon's diagnosis makes me fear he is more vulnerable to suggestion, needs his medication, and I also hope no one has harmed him.
If as you say all was fine, that's excellent news -- as if the opposite were true, he may have self harmed ?
The length of his absence is troubling.

My guess would be he may have fallen somewhere and hurt himself, or some other accident.
This is so sad !
It's been almost a week now.
If he is alive, he has to be eating and sheltering somehow, somewhere.

In all actuality, Brannon's family is probably grateful for all of the posts here, as it's bringing attention to his case.
Some missing people do not get much coverage at all.
Hoping for good news today.
Omo.

Last edited:
Was reflecting on this case and the description in the flyer and press is not that clear.

It doesn’t say where the pizza hut delivery man saw him, it doesn’t say he was delivering a pizza to his house or that he saw him in the road. We all suppose I reckon it was a home delivery to his house but info doesm’t specify that.
Then it doesn’t say that he texted and called from his home. Again, probably we all suppose he texted and called from within his house, because he told his gf he was going outside.And we all suppose that before that he was eating pizza.
Then it doesn’t say who saw him last and where, observing he was barefoot. And we do not know at which time he actually went out, only that his phone pinged behind the houses much later. Again, we all assume I think that he went out right after the facetime call, but again the info provided does not say that. And the info does not say from where he went missing, allowing people to bolo.
Details and facts are very important and in this case there is far too little precision and info IMO. We make a picture in our head based on the info but if you look objectively at it, you change one info and it changes all the rest.

JMO

ETA: also the flyer says he was last seen by the pizza delivery man almost at 9pm…so how do they know he went out barefoot after 10pm ? Someone else must have seen him so why don’t we know at what time he went out ? and who noticed he was not home and at what time ?

Last edited:
This is the true street and area he went missing from.

Morton St, Perry Township, IN 46767 from a person I am friends with on Facebook.
If you use Google Maps you can see the terrain and all the space.
Ligonier is part of Perry Township and My little town is part of Orange Township.

Last edited:
Was reflecting on this case and the description in the flyer and press is not that clear.

It doesn’t say where the pizza hut delivery man saw him, it doesn’t say he was delivering a pizza to his house or that he saw him in the road. We all suppose I reckon it was a home delivery to his house but info doesn’t specify that.
Then it doesn’t say that he texted and called from his home. Again, probably we all suppose he texted and called from within his house, because he told his gf he was going outside. And we all suppose that before that he was eating pizza.
Then it doesn’t say who saw him last and where, observing he was barefoot. And we do not know at which time he actually went out, only that his phone pinged behind the houses much later. Again, we all assume I think that he went out right after the facetime call, but again the info provided does not say that. And the info does not say from where he went missing, allowing people to bolo.
Details and facts are very important and in this case there is far too little precision and info IMO. We make a picture in our head based on the info but if you look objectively at it, you change one info and it changes all the rest.

JMO

ETA: also the flyer says he was last seen by the pizza delivery man almost at 9pm…so how do they know he went out barefoot after 10pm ? Someone else must have seen him so why don’t we know at what time he went out ? and who noticed he was not home and at what time ?
All good questions. ^^^

I was wondering about the pizza delivery person myself.
And about the last sighting of Brannon being barefoot, how is that known for certain ?
Did he live totally alone, or not, I'm wondering.
For reasons.
So many unanswered questions.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member