Found Safe IN - Bryson Muir, 14, *poss in danger*, Logansport, last seen leaving Ohio w/his mother, Kristen Muir, Servant Leader’s Foundation, 16 Jun '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Docs: Ex-Colts tackle admits he 'whooped' son 'like a grown *advertiser censored** man'

“Talking to a relative, former Colts defensive tackle Daniel Muir said he beat his 14-year-old son over allegations of inappropriate contact that the boy had with other children.”

1st paragraph of the article. any one else see this before? UGH!! None the less, they should have been more transparent. Hiding him didn’t help the situation.

Daniel Muir also told the relative, the brother of his wife, that “if they lived in their homeland (religious country) (redacted name) would be put to death for his acts, instead they live in the United States so they could not put him to death,” court documents say.

Daniel Muir also told the relative, the brother of his wife, that “if they lived in their homeland (religious country) (redacted name) would be put to death for his acts, instead they live in the United States so they could not put him to death,” court documents say.
Homeland? Where were Daniel and Kristen born?

If the parents are innocent of harming their son then why the need for multiple, conflicting stories?

From your link:
Court documents say Kristen Muir on June 20 confirmed in a recorded call to her mother, Cheryl Wright, that the injury came from Daniel Muir punishing his son.

In June 27 meetings with state police, the boy’s parents produced videos where Bryson Muir denied his father punched him in the eye. Kristen Muir also told state police that an unknown individual had punched Bryson Muir when he went to take out trash and walked over to train tracks near their property.

I wonder if the claim that the reason for the beating was that Bryson was "touching other children inappropriately" is even true?

If true, it needs dealt with immediately but in a proper way, not with fists.

If untrue- what a horrible accusation to go on record with about your son.

I wonder if the claim that the reason for the beating was that Bryson was "touching other children inappropriately" is even true?

Was it inappropriate contact or inappropriate touching? The article said it was allegations of inappropriate contact that the boy had with other children.

A minor distinction, I know but it may make a difference. But if it was touching how exactly would “whooping” his behind solve the underlying problem?

In either case it doesn’t validate physical abuse. A reasonable parent would have sought help from professionals if something inappropriate was happening.

Ugh, aren’t we, as a society evolved past brute force yet?

Was it inappropriate contact or inappropriate touching? The article said it was allegations of inappropriate contact that the boy had with other children.

A minor distinction, I know but it may make a difference. But if it was touching how exactly would “whooping” his behind solve the underlying problem?

In either case it doesn’t validate physical abuse. A reasonable parent would have sought help from professionals if something inappropriate was happening.

Ugh, aren’t we, as a society evolved past brute force yet?
It is blaming the victim to an extreme harsh degree. They want people to say, "Oh, well in that case, whoop him."

Nope. Not okay. It's barbaric, imo.

jmo

Bryson is a child! BUT there’s just so much for a rational loving parent to add. More than likely this is a trauma response at this age.

I think we need to be very careful in interpreting the phrase "inappropriate touching" since that came from a member of a religous cult. We have no idea what this cult deems as "inappropriate". Consider that there are very conservative, religious groups who only side hug members of the opposite sex, don't hold hands until engagement, and never share a kiss until after their marriage ceremony. It's my opinion that most people would not consider doing those things outside of engagement or marriage as inappropriate. In this situation, it could be as simple as Bryson smiling at a teenage girl or it could be something more serious. We have no idea what the behavior was that the father referred to as inappropriate.

LOGANSPORT, Ind. — A lawyer for former Indianapolis Colts player Daniel Muir says he is being illegally held in the Cass County Jail.
In a filing on July 8, Muir's lawyer said denying him bail was "unconstitutional under both state and federal law." He is calling on the judge to set a hearing to set bail and allow for Daniel's release.

I don't see that charges have been filed in this case yet. I see a Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus was filed today by his attorney:

IN RE: PETITION FOR WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS​

Case Number09D02-2407-MI-000060
CourtCass Superior Court 2
TypeMI - Miscellaneous Civil
Filed07/08/2024
Status07/08/2024 , Pending (active)

I don't see that charges have been filed in this case yet. I see a Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus was filed today by his attorney:

IN RE: PETITION FOR WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS​

Case Number09D02-2407-MI-000060
CourtCass Superior Court 2
TypeMI - Miscellaneous Civil
Filed07/08/2024
Status07/08/2024 , Pending (active)
I’m wondering what the attorneys experience is related to sovereign citizens? Or his experience rep representing straight members.?

This article highlights what the attorney said in court.

I’m wondering what the attorneys experience is related to sovereign citizens? Or his experience rep representing straight members.?

This article highlights what the attorney said in court.
The lawyer is vigorously advocating for clients, which of course he will do.

But it's laughable to think they shouldn't be held for bail when they overtly refused to comply with LE. I'm guessing they didn't comply because they don't recognize LE authority, but to expect the court to release defendants who have proven to obstruct is not going to fly, I don't think.

jmo

This Indiana public defender traveled to Cass County Indiana to obtain the court filings in the Muir case. He was told they are ALL confidential. Not sure what is going on here, as even if the case filings are filed as "confidential" the case should be showing up on MyCase.
===========================================================================

Confidential cause but yet the court held a public hearing last wk. #DanielMuir

umITOO4__mini.jpg

Shay Hughes

@publicdefender_
·
18h
Stopped by the Cass County Clerk. Requested any public filings for #DanielMuir’s case. Deputy clerk stated it was all confidential. I explained that’s not possible and politely exited.

If the parents are innocent of harming their son then why the need for multiple, conflicting stories?

From your link:
Court documents say Kristen Muir on June 20 confirmed in a recorded call to her mother, Cheryl Wright, that the injury came from Daniel Muir punishing his son.

In June 27 meetings with state police, the boy’s parents produced videos where Bryson Muir denied his father punched him in the eye. Kristen Muir also told state police that an unknown individual had punched Bryson Muir when he went to take out trash and walked over to train tracks near their property.

They were both born in the US, these weirdos just claim their homeland is Israel. If you are actually curious to the nonsense Sports Illustrated did a great (but long) write up, it's been posted in here before but it's too good not to reshare. CHAPTER 2: Inside the Troubling Past of the ‘Cult’ Former Packers Star KGB Has Joined

From your link:

Hi parents are Jamaican, he was born in Washington DC

This Indiana public defender traveled to Cass County Indiana to obtain the court filings in the Muir case. He was told they are ALL confidential. Not sure what is going on here, as even if the case filings are filed as "confidential" the case should be showing up on MyCase.
===========================================================================

Confidential cause but yet the court held a public hearing last wk. #DanielMuir

umITOO4__mini.jpg

Shay Hughes

@publicdefender_
·
18h
Stopped by the Cass County Clerk. Requested any public filings for #DanielMuir’s case. Deputy clerk stated it was all confidential. I explained that’s not possible and politely exited.
I wonder if LE and the court think there is a wider threat to the community by this group and want to keep info confidential at this point to avoid escalation by the cult? idk, just speculating.

jmo

Eventually, police gathered enough evidence – including a reported confession where Daniel said he “whooped his [son’s] *advertiser censored** like a grown *advertiser censored** man” – to descend on the Muir’s property with air support, armored cars and SWAT crews. After the 14-year-old was recovered safely, both parents were arrested for obstruction of justice and Daniel was given an additional battery charge.
Ex-Colts player Daniel Muir, wife are being illegally jailed in child abuse case, lawyer argues in new filing

I am glad Bryson is safe.

as to the attorney for the parents, he is doing his job. I have zero sympathy for those parents, particularly Daniel Muir.

Muir is finally appearing on MyCase

State of Indiana v. Daniel T. Muir​

Case Number09C01-2407-F6-000172
CourtCass Circuit Court
TypeF6 - Felony 6
Filed07/01/2024
Status07/01/2024 , Pending (active)
DefendantMuir, Daniel T.
Description
Male
Address
1740 W. US Highway 24
Logansport, IN 46947
Attorney
Nathan K Vining
#2953464, Retained
Attorney address
Vining Legal
2620 E 10th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46201
Attorney phone
317-759-3225(W)
State PlaintiffState of Indiana

Charges​

Show all charge details
0106/18/202435-44.1-2-2(a)(1)(A)/F6: Obstruction of Justice-Def. causes a person to withhold or unreasonably del
0206/18/202435-42-2-1.3(a)(1)/MA: Domestic Battery

State of Indiana v. Kristin Muir​

Case Number09C01-2407-F6-000173
CourtCass Circuit Court
TypeF6 - Felony 6
Filed07/01/2024
Status07/01/2024 , Pending (active)
ReferenceCase cross references
Prosecutor Case Management Number
09C01-2407-F6-DM2950654
Police Agency Number
24ispc009332
Is this your case?

Parties to the Case​

Show all party details
DefendantMuir, Kristin
State PlaintiffState of Indiana

Charges​

Show all charge details
0106/18/202435-44.1-2-2(a)(1)(A)/F6: Obstruction of Justice-Def. causes a person to withhold or unreasonably del
Hearing
Session:
07/16/2024 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Kitts, Stephen R, II
Comment:
bond and no contact order

--------------------------------

07/16/2024Hearing
Session:
07/16/2024 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Kitts, Stephen R, II
Comment:
Bond and No Contact Order

A probable cause affidavit indicates that the dad handed over a video to Indiana State Police showing Bryson in an undisclosed woodland area. In the footage, Bryson can be heard saying, "My father did not punch me in the eye."

Daniel Muir reportedly told investigators that an "unknown individual" had punched the teenager, leading them to decide to take him to his grandmother's house for a few days. However, he said they returned him to Indiana after Cheryl Wright started "making decisions Kristen Muir did not agree with."
Ex-NFL star 'admitted to whooping teen son' before 'hiding' him from cops

BBM meaning that Grandma was going to report the abuse. IMO

According to court documents, Wright noticed the teen had a black eye as a result of a punishment from his father. The teen’s uncle recorded a phone call with Daniel asking why the teen was in trouble.

Daniel made allegations of inappropriate behavior by the teen and told the uncle he “whooped his *advertiser censored* like a grown *advertiser censored* man,” according to court documents.

A probable cause affidavit states Daniel provided Indiana State Police with a video of the teen in a undisclosed wooded area. In the video, the teen can be seen saying, “my father did not punch me in the eye.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiatorres
Back