Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police Chief: Double Murder Investigation Still Broad
7/31/2006

By Cheryl Miller

Franklin Police say they’ve received 85 tips so far about the murders of Chyna Dickus and her stepson, Blake, but so far the investigation hasn’t focused on any one suspect.

The 26 year old woman and 10 year old boy were found murdered in their home on Aberdeen Drive a week ago. Both had been stabbed, and the coroner’s report indicates that the boy had also been beaten.

Franklin Police Chief John Borges says investigations finally finished collecting evidence from the home Saturday evening, and that evidence is still being processed.

He says over the weekend, uniformed officers circulated fliers to each residence of the Branigin housing addition, where the murders occurred. The chief says saturation patrols within the City of Franklin continue.

Mygirlsadie said:
I just don't see why anyone would brutally murder her and the little boy so random like that? Construction worker saw dad leave after lunch and snuck in to rape her, the boy was witness so he had to kill him too? Ugh...I just don't know what to think like I said from the beginning I feel so bad to accuse or even think it was the husband esp. the pain he must be going through right now. I really really do hope my first thoughts are wrong about the husband.
I dont think this was random either. It was daytime for one. I am sure there are some that take a risk of beening seen like that. But it has to be very few who would take a chance of beening seen OR heard. Think about it, it is summer time kids are playing outside, people in general are just out more. Why wouldnt anyone hear them??????? They had to put up a fight as they wouldnt have been asleep IMO What are others thoughts here.

From www.wthr.com

Double murder leaves Franklin neighbors shaken

var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Aug 1, 2006 6:03 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);Aug 1, 2006 05:03 PM CDT

Franklin - It's been just over a week since someone brutally murdered a Franklin woman and her stepson in their home. Neighbors around the Aberdeen Drive home remain on edge as police look for their killer.
The Franklin subdivision, once bustling, is now a neighborhood on the edge. Brian Judge moved here in March, never expecting to live in fear of a killer.

"You'd normally see people hunting houses, kids riding their bikes, people walking their dogs; you can tell today, there's nobody out here," he said.

The streets are silent and people's shades are drawn. Alarm signs dot front lawns. "Just show everybody that we're proud of our alarm system," Judge said.

The neighborhood is feeling the repercussions of the brutal murder of Chynna Dickus, 26, and her stepson Blake, 10, last Monday. Someone stabbed and killed them inside their home.

With no police suspects or motive details released, neighbors are afraid a murderer is on the loose.

"The lack of information is kind of scary. We just don't know what's going on," said Judge.

"I think it's a normal reaction anytime that we have a case of this magnitude for people to be afraid. But what we want them to know is they don't have to stay inside their homes and be afraid. Our community is a safe community. This is kind of an anomaly here," said John Borges, Franklin Police Department.

The investigation's focus is still broad, with police following leads from nearly 100 tips. On Tuesday, they spent hours going over evidence at the State Police crime lab - evidence they say will lead to the killer.

"I think it very well could be. It's gonna require the analysis to know exactly what we have and to know exactly its pertinence to the investigation, but yes, certainly, we have an overwhelming amount of evidence," said Borges.

In the meantime, police promise extra patrols in the neighborhood where people are not feeling safe.

"We thought it was gonna be a nice, quiet community, and now we're all just scared and inside," said Judge.

I am on the fence on this one, but............he talked about being a marine, then he talked about slacking off, getting a desk job and gaining 30 lbs.....a wee bit too much focus on himself there....reminds me a bit of another grieving husband and father in another case here on WS. :confused: The needle on my hinky meter is moving a little.

Maybe I missed something in some of the news stories, but the Mom in her interview said 'why would someone do something like that to a little boy screaming for his life and trying to get out'. Where did that info come from? Oh, geez, I have been at WS's too long, now I think everyone is a freaking suspect. :eek:

curious1 said:
I am on the fence on this one, but............he talked about being a marine, then he talked about slacking off, getting a desk job and gaining 30 lbs.....a wee bit too much focus on himself there....reminds me a bit of another grieving husband and father in another case here on WS. :confused: The needle on my hinky meter is moving a little.

Maybe I missed something in some of the news stories, but the Mom in her interview said 'why would someone do something like that to a little boy screaming for his life and trying to get out'. Where did that info come from? Oh, geez, I have been at WS's too long, now I think everyone is a freaking suspect. :eek:
Good catch, I never saw that one....

curious1 said:

Maybe I missed something in some of the news stories, but the Mom in her interview said 'why would someone do something like that to a little boy screaming for his life and trying to get out'. Where did that info come from? Oh, geez, I have been at WS's too long, now I think everyone is a freaking suspect. :eek:[/QUOTe

great catch......i as well think everyone is a suspect

Masissy and IndyGal. I have already worked out a few sick twisted scenarios in my head. Waaaay to much time on WS. :(

curious1 said:
Masissy and IndyGal. I have already worked out a few sick twisted scenarios in my head. Waaaay to much time on WS. :(
Do you have a link to her interview??

Another bump....I hate it that the Franklin Paper...The Daily Journal...or Daily Urinal as we used to call it...now charges to access info on their web site.

I used to look at it almost daily for news of the town where I used to live :(

Indianapolis is much bigger and doesn't charge for content on their site...

I am gonna have to call some buds and find out what they are hearing....

Could you move back into the home? That would just be too wierd for me.

I wouldn't want to, but if you had no where else to go.....

I think he could sell the home if he wanted to. They could probably offer it at a slightly reduced price. I would have no problem buying it I would just make sure to install a darn good alarm system. There are plenty of folks who would buy the house. I just don't know, that one made my hinky meter jump a little.

curious1 said:
I think he could sell the home if he wanted to. They could probably offer it at a slightly reduced price. I would have no problem buying it I would just make sure to install a darn good alarm system. There are plenty of folks who would buy the house. I just don't know, that one made my hinky meter jump a little.
I didn't realize hinky meter had become a part of my speech until I used it the other day about something and my husband said, "Your WHAT?" He doesn't do crime message boards. By the way, my hinky meter was going off over this one too.

:D I know the feeling. I use hinky meter all the time now.

A little OT.... The other night I was walking my dog and I was distracted and was not paying attention, so not like me. Next thing I know I round a corner and there is a woman there. Normally I would have noticed. I told myself, you better get it together and pay attention or they will be discussing your case on WS. I had to stop and laugh after I thought that.

He's "excited" because the FBI is helping out? I wouldn't exactly use the word "excited" when referring to anything in the death of my loved ones, but everyone is different.

I agree with you PFM. I would use 'hopeful', but not 'excited'. JMHO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana