IN IN - Chynna, 26, & Blake Dickus, 10, Franklin, 24 July 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope, hope, hope that I am wrong on this...but did ya'll notice in his interview that every time he discussed going home for lunch, or what he found, that he averted his eyes to his right? He didn't look at the interviewer. That made MY "hinky meter" go up. It reminded me of one death row inmate found guilty of killing his wife. I can't recall the numerous reports I've read about people not telling the absolute truth, whether it's looking to their right or left, but I think it's their right...

I also found it rather chilling that he will be moving back to the home, however, there's no way I would buy that place, NOR move back into it. I do understand financial difficulties, though. I couldn't imagine living there.

The fact that he was a marine could be reason for his lack of emotion shown.

I have all kinds of speculations running through my brain that I'll keep to myself for now. :silenced:

No link just memory but IIRC looking to the right is searching memory and looking to the left is for thinking on the fly. FWIW lol

I find this very strange. Was anything missing from the home?? How much life insurance did this guy have on his wife??

chicoliving said:
No link just memory but IIRC looking to the right is searching memory and looking to the left is for thinking on the fly. FWIW lol
You're right! I thought it was "up and left" myself. So I searched a little. From: http://www.enotalone.com/article/2527.html

<SNIP>
"6. If he's looking left, something's not right.

According to Bill Raduenz, private investigator, a person who looks up into the air and to the left when he speaks to you is "not being truthful." The look left is an indication we're using the "creative" side of our brains and a good indicator he's telling you a whopper. "

As brutal as these murders were, I would expect the killer(s) to have injuries to themself also.

OB

Helping murder-scene neighbors

By PAIGE WASSEL
[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Staff writer[/font]

[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Experienced crisis counselors are organizing a special event this weekend to help residents of a Franklin neighborhood where two people were killed cope with their feelings.

Local chaplains decided to organize the community intervention event after they read news reports and heard stories about the anxiety residents of Branigin Woods and Branigin Creek were experiencing after the murders of Chynna L. Dickus, 26, and her 10-year-old stepson, Blake Dickus, Chaplain David Mark Owens of Johnson Memorial Hospital said.

Members of the Indiana Crisis Assistance Response team will lead people through group counseling sessions to try to get them to talk about what they're feeling and give them guidance on how to cope, coordinator Kim Walton said.

The same group worked in the Indianapolis neighborhood where seven members of a family were murdered in early June.

The group has also provided advice to members of Needham Elementary School, where Blake Dickus was going to enter the fourth grade, about how to talk about the murders with children and their family.

[/font]

MagicRose99 said:
You're right! I thought it was "up and left" myself. So I searched a little. From: http://www.enotalone.com/article/2527.html

<SNIP>
"6. If he's looking left, something's not right.

According to Bill Raduenz, private investigator, a person who looks up into the air and to the left when he speaks to you is "not being truthful." The look left is an indication we're using the "creative" side of our brains and a good indicator he's telling you a whopper. "
Thank you for clarifying! :eek:

Sabal said:
I subscribed for a week to get the latest information - really nothing major - I'm attaching a couple of articles for you but don't think they're that insightful.

Thanks Sabal !!!

LTUlegal said:
I hope, hope, hope that I am wrong on this...but did ya'll notice in his interview that every time he discussed going home for lunch, or what he found, that he averted his eyes to his right? He didn't look at the interviewer. That made MY "hinky meter" go up. It reminded me of one death row inmate found guilty of killing his wife. I can't recall the numerous reports I've read about people not telling the absolute truth, whether it's looking to their right or left, but I think it's their right...

I also found it rather chilling that he will be moving back to the home, however, there's no way I would buy that place, NOR move back into it. I do understand financial difficulties, though. I couldn't imagine living there.

The fact that he was a marine could be reason for his lack of emotion shown.

I have all kinds of speculations running through my brain that I'll keep to myself for now. :silenced:
Hi there...
I need to go back and watch the video, but I thought his eyes did avert to the left ... our "right" if you are looking at the screen, but his left.

I will double check to make sure....

I went back to watch it ...
He mostly looks to his LEFT and occasionally to the right.

I'll transcribe when he looks left and right.

Starts off looking down.
Then he appears to look up at the reporter:

"Uh....It's been unreal. It's unimaginable... I just feel like I am around for the ride"

Looks to the RIGHT to remember what time he last saw them.
"I saw 'em yesterday morning and yesterday at lunch as well. Last time I saw them...."

Looks to the LEFT

"was like 11 ... er, i'm sorry, 1:40...."

Looks to the RIGHTtalking about when he came home from lunch, and that he was busy at work and knew she was busy with schoolwork (his wife)

Reporter says "tell me what happened when you came home"

He looks to the LEFT:
He left work five minutes late, he had some problems to write up at work. remember he didn't see anything unusual....

Also looks to the LEFT when describing what he saw in the house... called 911 standing by his son when he called.

He was asked why this would've happened.

He first looks to the RIGHT and says I have no idea...
then looks to the LEFT and says Nope, no I have no idea.

Talks a little about spirituality and looks RIGHT.

Starts to look LEFT with a long pause, talking about God touching them at the retreat they went to. Talks about stress with closing on their house.
But their stress level was down on the retreat.

He looks to the RIGHTwhen talking about his ex wife. And how his heart goes out to her ... talks about his son.

Then he starts to look to his LEFT.

Looks to the RIGHT when talking about the Lord and finding his path.
Rambles about his faith for a bit, and how his son was positive about giving of himself to the Lord.

Starts looking LEFT when asked what he will do now.
He said it will be day by day for him. He doesn't know.
He looks to the RIGHT when talking about his friends being supportive.

He looks to the RIGHT saying he feels weak all over and talking about how he can't sleep and about what Marines do and how he took Marshal Arts for years.

Starts looking to the LEFT and said he feels bad because there was nothing he could have done to prevent this.

chicoliving said:
You are mostly right there, chicoliving... According to what my dad was taught in the military (interrogating people) - looking to the left is thinking on the fly, accessing the left part of the brain for creativity. Looking to the right is accessing memories, but it could be specifically constructed memories. As in saying to yourself, "now, remember, you came in at 1pm...."

Not to imply that this is the husband because I don't have the slightest clue on this one yet.

:twocents:

THank you, PFM for posting that. I'm sure it took a lot of time!

I will continue holding my tongue on my opinion, but it's sort of walking like a duck & talking like a duck.:silenced:

I think something to keep in mind also when watching these interviews is that there are people off camera that can "catch" the eye of the interviewee so that could explain some of the looks to the right or the left. Just something I've observed FWIW

chicoliving said:
I think something to keep in mind also when watching these interviews is that there are people off camera that can "catch" the eye of the interviewee so that could explain some of the looks to the right or the left. Just something I've observed FWIW

That is a good thing to remember. We don't get the view of the entire room and everyone in it during these interviews.

SewingDeb said:
That is a good thing to remember. We don't get the view of the entire room and everyone in it during these interviews.
From the video, it doesn't look like he's looking in those directions because things are "catching his eye". He's focused on talking about his wife and child.
Whether he did it or not, I really don't think his looking to the left and right have anything to do with the distractions.
But, that's just my opinion.
I've watched his interview about 10 times.

chicoliving said:
I have not viewed the video. I was posting the above as a generality. I don't want anyone to think that that is my opinion on this particular video. Sorry to muddy the waters. :)

chicoliving said:
I have not viewed the video. I was posting the above as a generality. I don't want anyone to think that that is my opinion on this particular video. Sorry to muddy the waters. :)

I understand. But I will say that I would be crawling on the floor with grief if something happened to my wife and child. I could never accept this as a normal test from God or any other entity. God doesn't murder people, people do.

No matter how camera shy one may be emotions are hard to reign in. I think of Mark Lunsford and the abject grief and Sharon Rocha. I see Taylor Behl's mom wth a doctor prescribed dose of coping and still see the pain. So many times it is an observation. There are people who just seem to function and never show any emotion. Those people are not the ones I want around me. JMO.

Extra patrols ended in Franklin

By ANNIE GOELLER
[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Staff writer[/font]

[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Extra police patrols throughout Franklin have ended, but residents in some subdivisions could still notice more officers on the streets.

C.P. Morgan, the Indianapolis-based developer of the neighborhood where a woman and her stepson were murdered last month, hired additional officers to patrol their subdivisions, Franklin Police Chief John Borges said.

The officers are off-duty police staff from departments outside Franklin. Patrols are going into C.P. Morgan neighborhoods in the city, including Heritage and Branigin Woods, he said.

A spokeswoman for the developer said she could not comment on security measures in communities and could not confirm what Borges said.

Borges assigned more officers to patrol Franklin neighborhoods following the murders of Blake Dickus, 10, and Chynna Dickus, 26.

[/font][font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]The added patrols paid for by C.P. Morgan lessened the burden on Franklin police and hopefully eased the minds of residents, Borges said.

Franklin police stopped many of the extra patrols throughout the city but are keeping officers in the Branigin Woods subdivision where Blake and Chynna Dickus were killed, he said.

Investigators have gone though about 75 percent of the more than 130 leads they have received since the July 24 murders.

Few new tips are being called into the department, allowing detectives some needed time off, he said.

"I don't want to give the impression that we're just about done, because that's not the case," Borges said.

Police have not narrowed the investigation to one suspect and are keeping the investigation broad.

Borges has not released detailed information about the crime, such as a possible motive for the murders or evidence found inside the home where the two were killed.

Chynna and Blake Dickus were found dead in their home at 1188 Aberdeen Drive. Chynna Dickus died of stab wounds, and Blake Dickus died of blunt force trauma to his head, stab wounds and asphyxia.
[/font]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KryYo
Back