IN IN - Ciera Breland Locklair 31, last seen in GA, POI husband Xavier Breland Jr, Carmel, 25 Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If there’s going to be justice for Ciera it’s going to need to come from Georgia. Despite neighboring Indianapolis PD’s pleading requests, Hamilton county IN wouldn’t arrest serial killer Herbert Baumeister even after finding multiple human bones buried in his Hamilton County yard. And they didn’t arrange a tail either enabling him to flee towards Canada, ultimately killing himself in his car just near the border.

I can’t imagine them making an effort to help convict someone of a suspected murder that likely happened out of state.

If there’s going to be justice for Ciera it’s going to need to come from Georgia. Despite neighboring Indianapolis PD’s pleading requests, Hamilton county IN wouldn’t arrest serial killer Herbert Baumeister even after finding multiple human bones buried in his Hamilton County yard. And they didn’t arrange a tail either enabling him to flee towards Canada, ultimately killing himself in his car just near the border.

I can’t imagine them making an effort to help convict someone of a suspected murder that likely happened out of state.

Unbelievable story about Herbert Baumeister. What a monster!

Since it's now been a year since she was last seen I'm wondering if XB still claims that Ciera was 'kidnapped' in Carmel, after the trip to Atlanta?

I've not seen any MSM reports indicating XB, his family, or Ciera's family, have been contacted by anyone claiming to have abducted Ciera. All media reports indicate the last time she was actually seen was at XB's mother's home in Johns Creek, GA. AFAIK no one other than XB claims to have seen or heard from Ciera after this time.

MOO, but it sounds improbable that Ciera would not be seen or heard from during the entire trip from Johns Creek/Atlanta to Carmel, and so far no witnesses other than XB reported seeing her in Carmel after the trip.

I found that XB mom has filed for guardianship of Ciera’s son J in Hamilton County IN

05/19/2023Hearing on Petition to Establish Guardianship
Session:
05/19/2023 11:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Hahn, Valorie S - MAG
Terrific. They did such a great job raising their son makes all the sense in the world for them to have custody. NOT!

… “He has since posted bond and told the judge at his hearing that he "wants to get his life back."

True Crime Replay, a nonprofit focused on helping survivors of crime and families of missing persons, has been working with Ciera's family for the past year by spearheading awareness campaigns and creating missing person flyers.

Gabby Morgan, who heads the nonprofit, said on her podcast The Missing Alliance, "Families are the unsung trauma victims in the world of missing person and true crime."

"Ciera's parents have not only the burden of having no answers to their daughter's disappearance, but of also caring for her son," Morgan said. "We won't stop until we find what happened to Ciera."

Ciera Breland disappearance: Husband’s lawyer says case will stall if cops focus on him

[...]
Xavier's lawyer, Bryan Howard, told Fox News Digital, "There won't be any movement in this case if they only focus on him. He didn't do anything."
[...]

IMO, we should take this statement in context, keeping in mind that Mr. Howard is a defense attorney and is being paid to represent XB, therefore he cannot be considered impartial in this case

Unless Mr. Howard was actually inside XB mother's home in Johns Creek that day, and also inside the car with Ciera and XB when they left that residence, then he would have no firsthand knowledge about what XB did or didn't do during this time. I've seen no MSM references to Mr. Howard being an eyewitness to these events, therefore, logic suggests that his quote above should be considered speculation only.

Ciera Breland disappearance: Husband’s lawyer says case will stall if cops focus on him

[...]
Xavier's lawyer, Bryan Howard, told Fox News Digital, "There won't be any movement in this case if they only focus on him. He didn't do anything."
[...]

IMO, we should take this statement in context, keeping in mind that Mr. Howard is a defense attorney and is being paid to represent XB, therefore he cannot be considered impartial in this case

Unless Mr. Howard was actually inside XB mother's home in Johns Creek that day, and also inside the car with Ciera and XB when they left that residence, then he would have no firsthand knowledge about what XB did or didn't do during this time. I've seen no MSM references to Mr. Howard being an eyewitness to these events, therefore, logic suggests that his quote above should be considered speculation only.
I suppose he never stalked his ex and threatened her with photos of missing women either. JMO

… “He has since posted bond and told the judge at his hearing that he "wants to get his life back."

True Crime Replay, a nonprofit focused on helping survivors of crime and families of missing persons, has been working with Ciera's family for the past year by spearheading awareness campaigns and creating missing person flyers.

Gabby Morgan, who heads the nonprofit, said on her podcast The Missing Alliance, "Families are the unsung trauma victims in the world of missing person and true crime."

"Ciera's parents have not only the burden of having no answers to their daughter's disappearance, but of also caring for her son," Morgan said. "We won't stop until we find what happened to Ciera."

From this article ... interesting. Anyone know how to find these records?

The couple stayed with Xavier's mother from Feb. 14, 2022 to Feb. 24, 2022, which was revealed in court documents from a civil dispute between Xavier's mom and Xavier's sister that were obtained by Fox News Digital.

Law enforcement cut the carpet and mattress in Xavier's mom's home on April 21, 2022 as part of their search, according to court documents from the familial civil dispute.

I guess this answers how he posted bail (his mother). And apparently he is also fighting for custody.

At Breland's initial hearing, he pleaded with the judge to lower his bond to an amount his mother could afford. His bond had been set at $35,000 and prosecutors wanted it increased to $50,000.

"I just need an opportunity to get my life back in order," Breland told the judge.

Breland said he could get a job as a truck driver if he was let out of jail.

After considering the case, the judge set bond at $100,000.

Breland also said he was fighting for custody of the 1-year-old he had with Ciera Breland (Locklair), but her disappearance was not mentioned in court Thursday.

[...]
His story changed two days later when he told his stepchildren "that somebody took her" and vowed to find her during an emotional Zoom call that was shared with Fox News Digital.

"Somebody kidnapped my wife," he told one of his kids at the end of the call. "You know what it means when you kidnap an adult? She's not coming home, bud."
[...]

At present, AFAIK there is no physical evidence supporting XB's statement that Ciera was kidnapped after returning to Carmel. Per various MSM posts there have been no known sightings of Ciera in Carmel, and no reports of any witnesses claiming to have seen her there after the trip to Atlanta. As we've read in multiple MSM reports, Ciera was last seen at XB's mother's home in Johns Creek, GA.

[...]
Ciera Breland, 31, hasn't been seen since 7:17 p.m. on Feb. 24, 2022, when a surveillance camera recorded her outside her mother-in-law's home in Johns Creek, Georgia, for a delivery.
[...]

In addition, there were no reported communication with Ciera during the return trip from Johns Creek to Carmel, despite the fact that she was known to carry multiple phones.

[...]
Her family has been concerned since she went missing because she left behind her son, her beloved dog, personal phone, work phone and a burner phone, as well as her ID and credit cards. Family members have said that she had the burner phone to contact them in case of an emergency.
[...]

IMO, XB's claims of Ciera being 'kidnapped' from Carmel cannot be supported by any known facts or witnesses at this time.

[...]
His story changed two days later when he told his stepchildren "that somebody took her" and vowed to find her during an emotional Zoom call that was shared with Fox News Digital.

"Somebody kidnapped my wife," he told one of his kids at the end of the call. "You know what it means when you kidnap an adult? She's not coming home, bud."
[...]

Question: How does XB know for a fact that Ciera was 'kidnapped'? Did he or another witness actually see it happen?

Georgia police searching for missing 31-year-old Indiana mother

[...]
The official missing person's report states that Ciera (Locklair) Breland was last seen around 10 p.m. on Feb. 25 in the Brookstone Park of Carmel subdivision in Carmel, Indiana. That is just north of Indianapolis. That report was filed with the Carmel Police Department over the weekend.

The report also states she was headed to the store, but family members said she never arrived there and police told them there was no surveillance video of her entering the store.
[...]

[...]
Family members also said the week before she was reported missing, she had been in Johns Creek. Those same family member said they never saw her return to Indiana.
[...]

[...]
She is described by police as being 5-feet tall and weighing about 120 pounds with blonde hair. She was last seen wearing a black top with purple shorts.
[...]

If XB's claim regarding Ciera being 'kidnapped' is factual, then logically the following must also be accepted as fact:

- Ciera safely arrived in Carmel after the trip to Johns Creek, but no one in Carmel actually saw her, including XB's father.
- Ciera did not communicate with anyone during the return trip, or after arriving back in Carmel.
- Ciera went to the store at 10:00PM, in winter, wearing a black top and purple shorts.
- Since her phones, credit cards, and ID were all found at home, Ciera must have gone to the store without them.

MOO, but other than XB's claims there have been no facts reported in MSM to support any of these statements.

Husband of missing Carmel woman released from jail after posting bond

[...]
The husband of a Carmel woman who was last seen in February 2022 has been released from the Hamilton County Jail after posting a surety bond on a gun charge. A jail sergeant told 13News Xavier Breland was released at around 10 p.m. Thursday.

Breland was extradited from Georgia and arrived in Indiana Wednesday night.
[...]

So now that XB's mother posted bond for him and he is no longer in jail, should we assume XB is working with LE to locate Ciera since he claims that she was 'kidnapped'? Is XB participating in searches, working with MP groups, doing media interviews, handing out flyers with her photo and description on them?

Since he was released from jail I have not seen any MSM reports indicating XB, his mother, or his family, are actively searching to find Ciera. Please correct me if I am missing something here.

[...]
Breland also said he was fighting for custody of the 1-year-old he had with Ciera Breland (Locklair), but her disappearance was not mentioned in court Thursday.
[...]

Based on this it appears XB is actively working to get custody of their son, but no mention of Ciera.

I contacted the WTHR reporter that is covering this matter and gave him the info on XB's mother seeking guardianship of Jax. He said he is looking into it. We shall see.

Today's news:

There's still no sign of Ciera Breland a year after she vanished, but without her body, her parents said they're trapped in a "tormenting" standstill.

"You know how they say they're waiting for the shoe to drop? We're waiting for the bomb to drop," Ciera's mom, Kelly Locklair, told Fox News Digital. "We're hoping a fisherman or a hunter or someone like that will stumble across her. Just, please, Lord, someone find her."
Johns Creek police said last week that there were no updates in the case, but the investigation "remains very active."

"That's where we stand now," Locklair said. "We don't want to go forward (with criminal charges) without finding her. We don't want to find her later and run into any double jeopardy issues."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back