IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019 #2 *not guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That question makes a lot of sense, as the Barnetts have clearly been going out of their way to present everything as dramatically as possible to attract the attention of Hollywood.
Grifters grifting. MOO
Another crazy thing is the speech that Kristine gave earlier in the year at some kind of gifted child convention. About 13 minutes in she claims that her nephew was born prematurely, in a coma, hypoxic and at death's door (her sister was also in a coma and unaware that she had had the baby). They were waiting for a helicopter to life flight him to another hospital to save his life "there were no tubes, no doctors". A nurse "looked her in the eye" and told her "strange things happen when I leave the room." She says this nurse left the room and Kristine picked up her dying nephew and cradled him annnnnd he was cured and didn't need to be life flighted after that. (Dawn found this gem btw)

She sure is full of herself.

The state filed for another supplemental discovery yesterday. I think that's the fourth or fifth "discovery" filed. Does anyone know if that's typical or not?
I think it’s probably normal. I’ve sent over four separate discovery requests in civil matters. They are probably still investigating and gathering evidence to present at trial. The defendants couldn’t seem to keep their mouths shut up until the Judge finally issued the gag order.

The state filed for another supplemental discovery yesterday. I think that's the fourth or fifth "discovery" filed. Does anyone know if that's typical or not?
Oh and by the way, you always send out a last supplemental discovery request right before trial asking that they go over all the previous discovery and amend any answers or produce more documents if anything has changed since they first responded or produced the discovery.

I think it’s probably normal. I’ve sent over four separate discovery requests in civil matters. They are probably still investigating and gathering evidence to present at trial. The defendants couldn’t seem to keep their mouths shut up until the Judge finally issued the gag order.
It must kill Kristine, she loves nothing more than singing her own praises,and throwing shade on Natalia, and Michael is the same way. Even though he told investigators they knew Natalia was a child when they dumped her. Some people are willfully ignoring that,and going with The BS storyline from a horror movie. Sucking up everything the B's say,as if they are untouchable Celebrities, or TV Preachers that speak only Gospel, while telling everyone to send $$$$$ or Face Gods wrath. MOO
It's baffling.

Oh and by the way, you always send out a last supplemental discovery request right before trial asking that they go over all the previous discovery and amend any answers or produce more documents if anything has changed since they first responded or produced the discovery.
Are you an attorney? It made me worry a little because it seems like the prosecution didnt have all their ducks in a row... like why not request everything they need from the beginning? Were they flummoxed by the things the Bs have come out and said and had to change their approach? maybe it's an intimidation tactic lol.

Are you an attorney? It made me worry a little because it seems like the prosecution didnt have all their ducks in a row... like why not request everything they need from the beginning? Were they flummoxed by the things the Bs have come out and said and had to change their approach? maybe it's an intimidation tactic lol.
No, I’m a paralegal. It’s very normal to request more discovery based on the previous round of discovery. The initial responses may allude to documents and/or statements made that were not covered under the parameters of the initial discovery.

I personally feel the prosecution knows what they are doing. I expect they meticulously gathered everything they needed before they filed charges. I wish I lived closer to attend the trial.

The proposed new charges are neglect of a dependent resulting in bodily injury. Currently, they are charged with two counts of neglect of a dependent.

In the original affidavit — and the amended affidavit — prosecutors say the Barnetts abandoned Natalia in Lafayette when the girl was 8 — based on her original birth records from the Ukraine.

If the court approves the prosecutor's motions to add the new charges, they will be added to the two existing charges.

The bodily injury, based on the affidavit, is that Natalia needs surgeries to correct musculoskeletal deformities caused by her dwarfism. Without the surgeries, Natalia's condition continues to get worse and her pain grows more intense, according to the affidavit.

Prosecutors also filed a motion Thursday to get a sample of Natalia's DNA.

Michael and Kristine Barnett face more charges of neglecting daughter, Natalia

No, I’m a paralegal. It’s very normal to request more discovery based on the previous round of discovery. The initial responses may allude to documents and/or statements made that were not covered under the parameters of the initial discovery.

I personally feel the prosecution knows what they are doing. I expect they meticulously gathered everything they needed before they filed charges. I wish I lived closer to attend the trial.
I wish you did too Suglo. It would be cool to get a live play by play. I didn’t know you were a paralegal. No wonder you’re so sharp. I haven’t posted much on this case but I’m eerily fascinated by this story.

I wish you did too Suglo. It would be cool to get a live play by play. I didn’t know you were a paralegal. No wonder you’re so sharp. I haven’t posted much on this case but I’m eerily fascinated by this story.
That’s so sweet of you to say! You’re much sharper than I but I’ll take the compliment. This case bothers me so much. It’s almost unbelievable how they did what they did to this child and almost got away with it :(

According to court documents, prosecutors filed an amended probable cause affidavit based on new medical information obtained since the Barnetts were first charged.

Prosecutors requested to add four more counts of neglect of a dependent resulting in bodily injury.
  • Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Bodily Injury (C Felony),
  • Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Bodily Injury (Level 5 Felony)
  • Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury (B Felony)
  • Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury (Level 3 Felony).
The court documents also requested the motion to change the level of the case from a Level 6 Felony to a Level 3 Felony.
Prosecutors file motion to amend charges against Barnetts

The proposed new charges are neglect of a dependent resulting in bodily injury. Currently, they are charged with two counts of neglect of a dependent.

In the original affidavit — and the amended affidavit — prosecutors say the Barnetts abandoned Natalia in Lafayette when the girl was 8 — based on her original birth records from the Ukraine.

If the court approves the prosecutor's motions to add the new charges, they will be added to the two existing charges.

The bodily injury, based on the affidavit, is that Natalia needs surgeries to correct musculoskeletal deformities caused by her dwarfism. Without the surgeries, Natalia's condition continues to get worse and her pain grows more intense, according to the affidavit.

Prosecutors also filed a motion Thursday to get a sample of Natalia's DNA.

Michael and Kristine Barnett face more charges of neglecting daughter, Natalia

The Barnetts took her to the dentist in 2011 and 2012 and were told she was between 6 and 9. So in 2012 they were given an estimate of maximum age 9 based on dentition and 11 based on medical tests done at PMCH but that same year they got Judge Zore to agree to change her age to 22. A doctor from Boston's Children's examined her in 2008 and required the use of an interpreter to communicate with her so bye bye that whack job theory.

The Barnetts were given a timetable for the necessary operations that they just ignored (too busy taking her all over the place for age estimates and trying to get her sectioned I guess.) I think we talked about this in the private chat... the deterioration in her posture from the time she left the Ciccones to the time the Mans found her looks significant. She was remarkably straight backed in the 2010 photos. I hope it's not too late for her.

According to court documents, prosecutors filed an amended probable cause affidavit based on new medical information obtained since the Barnetts were first charged.

Prosecutors requested to add four more counts of neglect of a dependent resulting in bodily injury.
  • Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Bodily Injury (C Felony),
  • Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Bodily Injury (Level 5 Felony)
  • Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury (B Felony)
  • Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury (Level 3 Felony).
The court documents also requested the motion to change the level of the case from a Level 6 Felony to a Level 3 Felony.
Prosecutors file motion to amend charges against Barnetts
Level 3 felony sentence is between 6 and 20 years!

The Barnetts took her to the dentist in 2011 and 2012 and were told she was between 6 and 9. So in 2012 they were given an estimate of maximum age 9 based on dentition and 11 based on medical tests done at PMCH but that same year they got Judge Zore to agree to change her age to 22. A doctor from Boston's Children's examined her in 2008 and required the use of an interpreter to communicate with her so bye bye that whack job theory.

The Barnetts were given a timetable for the necessary operations that they just ignored (too busy taking her all over the place for age estimates and trying to get her sectioned I guess.) I think we talked about this in the private chat... the deterioration in her posture from the time she left the Ciccones to the time the Mans found her looks significant. She was remarkably straight backed in the 2010 photos. I hope it's not too late for her.
Still Kristine playing the martyred saint,and Michael going along with it. Forcing the courts,and Natalia to go through a trial. Hope they get a judge like Sells in Teller County, Colorado.
MOO

Still Kristine playing the martyred saint,and Michael going along with it. Forcing the courts,and Natalia to go through a trial. Hope they get a judge like Sells in Teller County, Colorado.
MOO
They would be absolute fools to go through with a trial if this ends up being felony 3 neglect charges. Gambling with max of five years is one thing... They'll be OAPs in 20 years.

They evidence is mounting. It gets worse and worse for the Barnetts. Their publicity tour is going to cost then. Doubling down, then tripling down, when they should have been begging for a plea deal. They have cost this poor girl a lifetime of increased pain and reduced her quality of life, all the while playing the saviors and martyrs.

If dentist visits in 2011 and 2012 both gave a maximum estimated age of 9, why does the McLaren letter claim that N had "adult dentition"?

This gets more appalling every time new information comes out! MB knew N was suffering increased pain and needed those operations, but instead of helping N get the operations and taking care of her while she healed from them (I presume some of the ops would be serious enough to further impede N's mobility while she healed?) they chose to come up with a complete pack of fabrications to get her age changed to 22 so that she'd no longer be their legal responsibility. And now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back