IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019 #2 *not guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is really good! Would you give me permission to use it elsewhere? The photo you used though of when they got her in may is not what she looked like when they got her. These are closer:

View attachment 214158 View attachment 214159 View attachment 214160 View attachment 214161

Here’s another after they got her. You can see that woman Kristine in the background:

View attachment 214163

So cute.

The one you posted is from later. Here’s another from the same time period as you posted when they cut her hair more and I think it shows even more how young she was:

View attachment 214162
Where did you find that photo of her with Kristne behind her? I don't think I've seen that one before.

The only problem is the URLs just change to "imgur" so if you copy and paste it won't have the links with it. I'll try to attach it as a word document maybe. Hold on.
I don’t usually comment here, I’m usually just a lurker. I would also like to share your timeline with others.

This whole story has broken my heart, I am horrified at the way NG has been portrayed, the comments and backlash this young lady is receiving. I just cannot get past how many people can just take what her former adoptive partners are saying as literal fact. From the minute this story broke I knew there was far more to it, even then I didn’t think her parents were lying. I thought there had to be some explanation on how this was a mixture of misunderstanding, misdiagnosis and poor documentation.

It’s clearly visible now that this is a severe miscarriage of justice against this young girl. I really hope that LE are able to convict them.

I hope that somehow they can convince a court to change her birthdate back and give this girl her true age back.

I don’t usually comment here, I’m usually just a lurker. I would also like to share your timeline with others.

This whole story has broken my heart, I am horrified at the way NG has been portrayed, the comments and backlash this young lady is receiving. I just cannot get past how many people can just take what her former adoptive partners are saying as literal fact. From the minute this story broke I knew there was far more to it, even then I didn’t think her parents were lying. I thought there had to be some explanation on how this was a mixture of misunderstanding, misdiagnosis and poor documentation.

It’s clearly visible now that this is a severe miscarriage of justice against this young girl. I really hope that LE are able to convict them.

I hope that somehow they can convince a court to change her birthdate back and give this girl her true age back.

Oh thanks so much for posting here. I’m so appalled about the abuse she’s endured and continues to endure from a salacious public that I couldn’t even watch the Dr. Phil show. She’s been exploited and abused enough.

And the comments. Merciless. I can only hope she’s staying off the internet.

I’m really glad to see more people who have it in them to feel heartbroken for this child.

So the age is determined by bone scans by examining the growth plates which eventually close when a child stops growing. Since N. has dwarfism, her growth plates are probably not the same as that of a child without dwarfism, which probably makes it harder to be very accurate to determine her age by bone scans. I presume because she is growing less, her growth plates are closing sooner than of a person without dwarfism, which is why she would come slightly older on bone scans than her birth certificate says (but still not an adult). If they can't very accurately determine her age by bone scans, what in the world led the judge to rule her to be an adult? What evidence suggested she was 22 and not 8 or 9? It's just mind bogging that it happened and now they can't change her age back to that of a child.

"As kids grow, growth plates change in appearance on the X-ray images and become thinner, eventually disappearing (this is what is called "closed growth plates"). Because they look different at each age, a doctor can assign a bone age based on the appearance of the bones and growth plates. A child's bone age (also called the skeletal age) is assigned by determining which of the standard X-ray images in the atlas most closely match the appearance of the child's bones on the X-ray."
X-Ray Exam: Bone Age Study (for Parents) - KidsHealth

Since so much has been discussed about periods, having a period at 8 or 9 is possible nowdays. So even if N. had periods while living with Barnetts, that wouldn't mean she was an adult. So what in the world made the judge to decide N was 22?

“It is not uncommon for girls to start their period as young as 8 or 9,” says Dr. Sara Kreckman, UnityPoint Health pediatrician. “This can be both emotionally and mentally challenging for girls this young, as well as their parents.”
When Your Daughter's Period Comes Early

Does anyone have a copy of the charging documents? Usually they are public. I can’t find them. Just the charging info is online but don’t like to actual documents, I find it hard to believe no media didn’t publish it as much as it’s been talked about.
A few red flags; Michael Barnett original story; an adoption agency from Florida called Unsolicited and said they had a child for them and 24 hours later she was theirs despite strict Florida Laws

Kristine Barnett says she found clothes on Natalia’s suggested she was having her period. Okay.. so.. did you ever take her to the gynecologist? Have the talk with her?

How does one scam agencies into talking them into adopting them out? How does that happen??

I am sure there were behavior problems.. any child bounced around that much would have issues. And then for Dr Phil to say she was vague about all the families.. duh.. she was under 6 years old.

Does anyone have a copy of the charging documents? Usually they are public. I can’t find them. Just the charging info is online but don’t like to actual documents, I find it hard to believe no media didn’t publish it as much as it’s been talked about.
A few red flags; Michael Barnett original story; an adoption agency from Florida called Unsolicited and said they had a child for them and 24 hours later she was theirs despite strict Florida Laws

Kristine Barnett says she found clothes on Natalia’s suggested she was having her period. Okay.. so.. did you ever take her to the gynecologist? Have the talk with her?

How does one scam agencies into talking them into adopting them out? How does that happen??

I am sure there were behavior problems.. any child bounced around that much would have issues. And then for Dr Phil to say she was vague about all the families.. duh.. she was under 6 years old.
Acusación contra Michael Barnett

One more thing; On Dr Phil new mom says she thinks the Barnett’s felt Natalia was a burden on them.. Well, according to Kristine, Natalia is still a burden.. see post..
Also, the Barnett’s said Natalia had sophisticated vocabulary.. this is coming from parents who have a son that is a genius..
The No Ukraine accent.. I know several 9 year olds who came from Mexico just 4 years ago and spoke only spanish and today they don’t have an accent like their parents.. kids are different that way.
The no accent would actually support N. being a child much more than N. being an adult. It's a lot easier to learn a language when one is a child. The older you are, the harder it is to learn.

The no accent would actually support N. being a child much more than N. being an adult. It's a lot easier to learn a language when one is a child. The older you are, the harder it is to learn.
LOL so true. So true.
And people keep saying she lived on her own so she must be an adult. Not true. Agencies stepped in to help but hands were tied because she was an “adult”
Argh. This makes me mad. So mad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay