IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's just no way to make that story make sense. If there was public access to it, it wasn't a dangerous fence. Period. It would be a low amp livestock fence and wouldn't hurt all that much and definitely couldn't kill anyone.

What is a great Electric Fence? - Get yours here.

Unless they are they going for family outing by one of the rare max security prisons that use a high amp fence (in which case it sounds more like they are trying to get their kids killed, not the other way around), Kristine is full of it.

Electric fences are intended to discourage you from crossing by making you uncomfortable. They don't kill you. Anything like that would be completely illegal.

Bone fusion is not an exact measurement, it can vary widely in individuals. This is a X-ray analysis we are talking about, it is not as precise as direct examination of the bones themselves, which obviously you can't do when they are still being used.

The first bone fusions start anywhere from 9 to 15 years of age in normal individuals, some of the later ones can take as long as 30 years. Plus, we are dealing with a dwarf here, who by definition is an abnormal individual. The doctors who made that assessment were likely used to dealing with normal children with normal development. They may say 8 or 10 using the lower end as a baseline, but it could just as easily have been 15 or 18 at the high end, maybe even more if the individual was outside the normal range.

It might make for good reading in an affidavit to get a warrant, but in reality what they are describing is a lot more vague than that. And remember, this information is from an affidavit citing records, but there is no reason to think that those original examinations would have been done objectively and with critical review, there was no reason to have done that at the time. The examiner just would have just done their X-rays and used the usual criteria based on normal average children that they typically looked at. Now, those results are actually important for the current case, but will they stand up to critical analysis? The LEO filing the affidavit certainly had no incentive to do that. You can't just take these things at face value. We will have to wait and see.

Why is anyone assuming all Dr Riggs did was a bone scan? He was a pediatric endocrinologist, not an orthopedic surgeon or radiologist. Children's growth disorders would be his specialty, he had more up his sleeve than a scintigraphy. "...there is no reason to think that those original examinations would have been done objectively and with critical review." ?! They literally took her in for an age determination, that's not a normal thing to do. They were so shocked on the first day by her pubic hair they believed she "must have been much older" than they were told so they took her to PMCH to find out how old she was. Pretty sure they would have told the doctor about the hair and that she was from another country etc. He still concluded 8. I'll emphasize again... this is a board certified pediatric endocrinologist. Two years later the same hospital estimates an age of 11 based on another bone scan. That suggests to me that she grew in between 2010 and 2012.

Electric fences are intended to discourage you from crossing by making you uncomfortable. They don't kill you. Anything like that would be completely illegal.
Calipatria State Prison installed a 4000 volt, 500 amp fence in the nineties. It would cause instantaneous death to any escapee. I'm not sure if it's still in use though. My point was you would have to be doing something illegal and ludicrously dangerous to get close to any lethal electric fence in this country. Kristine is being a drama queen yet again.

Why is anyone assuming all Dr Riggs did was a bone scan? He was a pediatric endocrinologist, not an orthopedic surgeon or radiologist. Children's growth disorders would be his specialty, he had more up his sleeve than a scintigraphy. "...there is no reason to think that those original examinations would have been done objectively and with critical review." ?! They literally took her in for an age determination, that's not a normal thing to do. They were so shocked on the first day by her pubic hair they believed she "must have been much older" than they were told so they took her to PMCH to find out how old she was. Pretty sure they would have told the doctor about the hair and that she was from another country etc. He still concluded 8. I'll emphasize again... this is a board certified pediatric endocrinologist. Two years later the same hospital estimates an age of 11 based on another bone scan. That suggests to me that she grew in between 2010 and 2012.
I don't know anything about her condition other than what has been brought up here, but wouldn't teeth be the best determinant of age?

The Barnetts adopted NB in May 2010 and they were told she was 6 years old at the time with a birthdate of Sept 2003. NB should either have had a full mouth of baby teeth, or she should have been losing baby teeth. No 6 year old has lost all of their baby teeth AND also has all of their permanent teeth already in.

For comparison, look at Princess Charlotte age 5 starting Kindergarten this fall - she has a full set of perfect baby teeth. Older brother Prince George age 6 starting first grade this fall is missing his front teeth. All is normal with the Cambridge children.

Deciduous teeth - Wikipedia
"... The process of shedding primary teeth and their replacement by permanent teeth is called exfoliation. This may last from age six to age twelve. ..."

In every photo where her teeth can be seen, it looks like NB has a complete set of permanent or adult teeth.

I don't care for either of the B's but that doesn't mean that they aren't telling the truth about NB. I agree with MB - why are authorities coming after the B's now after it's been six years? The charge is abandonment not fraud. If NB was really an abandoned 9 or 10 year old child six years ago in 2012/2013, CPS would have stepped in and NB would have gone to foster care.

Also, all the news media is plastering NB's face everywhere so they must know she is an adult and not minor child victim who just turned 16 last month per the criminal charges. The news media could be facing lawsuits if NB is a child. In the most recent photo with the Mann family, she does look 30 years old now. All JMO.

I actually haven't seen any legit American news outlets plastering her face anywhere. The local paper has no pictures of her because "it is unclear if she is a minor" and pretty sure Dr Oz blurred out her face. The Daily Mail printed uncensored photos. Oh and Inside Edition did as well to be fair. Her legal age being questionable gives them a big loophole I suppose.

She didn't have a full set of adult teeth. In the 2010 picture of her smiling you can see two adult central incisors and deciduous lateral incisors and cuspid teeth. That (adult front teeth only) typically indicates an age of 6-8. I sent these pictures to my brother in law who is a dentist (comparing 2010 to 2017 pics) and he agrees with my assessment so... yeah. I'm thinking whatever record they have of her having all adult teeth will be from towards the end of their time with her.

Attachments

• 6PuRAIO.jpg
    6PuRAIO.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 58
  • u5Ji6JF.jpg
    u5Ji6JF.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 65
  • o5YR5QJ.jpg
    o5YR5QJ.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 54
And I'm sorry but... I just don't get how anyone can deny this was a child. She has so obviously gone through puberty since 2010-13.
I'm 31. She is not 30. wish I had that luminous bouncy skin still but, alas.

Attachments

• 18644466-7479061-image-a-82_1568913402456.jpg
    18644466-7479061-image-a-82_1568913402456.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 72101825_2410839472338334_6653465436031549440_n.jpg
    72101825_2410839472338334_6653465436031549440_n.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 57
I don't know anything about her condition other than what has been brought up here, but wouldn't teeth be the best determinant of age?

In every photo where her teeth can be seen, it looks like NB has a complete set of permanent or adult teeth.

In this image here, shared by Kristine to the Daily Mail, you can clearly see two adult central incisors. The teeth either side (the lateral incisors) should be similarly square and flat, almost but not quite the same size. These are considerably smaller and more peg like. This would put N at 7-8 years old.

natalia-barnett-selfie.jpg

Baby Teeth Eruption Charts - American Dental Association

Once again, the only source for her having a *full* set of adult teeth (as opposed to the rather woolly statement of "her dentition was described as adult" in the doctor's letter) is Kristine.

I don't care for either of the B's but that doesn't mean that they aren't telling the truth about NB. I agree with MB - why are authorities coming after the B's now after it's been six years? The charge is abandonment not fraud. If NB was really an abandoned 9 or 10 year old child six years ago in 2012/2013, CPS would have stepped in and NB would have gone to foster care.

N was an legal adult at that point because the Barnetts had changed her birth certificate. The CPS won't become involved with a legal adult. N was very, very lucky indeed to have been taken in by the Mans and not someone more sinister.

I suspect the charge of abandonment was made because it side steps the sticky mess of her age entirely.

Also, all the news media is plastering NB's face everywhere so they must know she is an adult and not minor child victim who just turned 16 last month per the criminal charges. The news media could be facing lawsuits if NB is a child. In the most recent photo with the Mann family, she does look 30 years old now. All JMO.

Once again - legally she's an adult. Even if she is reverted back to her original birthday, at this point in time she is legally an adult, and they can publish her pictures with no concern.

View attachment 209168 View attachment 209169 View attachment 209170 View attachment 209171 View attachment 209172 View attachment 209173 These are screenshots of the emergency petition for age change, taken from news video. I could not capture every number/line of the document, so this is missing some info.

That can't be all of it, surely? One doctor's letter and a paid-for social worker?

Incidentally the full affidavit and the charging sheets are all here;

Acusación contra Michael Barnett

Is that really the whole document? Marion Superior Court Kangaroo Division.
If you look at the numbered paragraphs you can see some are missing. These were captured from a video and that’s the best I could do. I don’t have a pdf or full document to link to. Also, the supporting documents that are mentioned as attached to the petition were not shown, so I don’t have those either.

...”As we reported, Barnett wants to release mental health records. A judge set a confidential hearing on Oct. 15 to see if those documents can be released. Mental health records are protected by state statute.

The girl left Tippecanoe County in 2016, according to court documents.”

Wth? Really. Can that not wait? Or are we just going to victim shame and try to silence the girl?

I feel like I need some thigh high waders. It’s getting deeper and deeper

Snipped and quoting my own post. I guess we will find out soon the outcome of today’s hearing.

MOO- how can this even be considered? I would think that they would sort out the case charges against the Barnett’s. Before allowing medical records to be released on the innocent party. ( no charges have been brought against NB, right?)

This just smacks of shaming rape victims... grrr

That can't be all of it, surely? One doctor's letter and a paid-for social worker?

Incidentally the full affidavit and the charging sheets are all here;

Acusación contra Michael Barnett

The full affidavit also includes a handy list of "Witnesses", including multiple medical professionals and institutions, that should keep the media/lawyers busy for quite a while.

Calipatria State Prison installed a 4000 volt, 500 amp fence in the nineties. It would cause instantaneous death to any escapee. I'm not sure if it's still in use though. My point was you would have to be doing something illegal and ludicrously dangerous to get close to any lethal electric fence in this country. Kristine is being a drama queen yet again.
Yet again,or still??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member