IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised the prosecution didn't just let them keep drowning themselves in their lies.

Maybe protecting NGB -- maybe even recognizing that a court may have failed her mightily a few years back!

Apparently the change-her-age process all happened without legal representation for NGB!!!

If she is a child, she needs a Guardian Ad Litem.

If she is an adult, she needs her own counsel, or an opportunity o waive counsel but (and this is a big "but" in court ) she must be legally an adult and found competent to waive counsel!

Didn't notice that, did you???

JMHO YMMV

State issues gag order request for Michael and Kristine Barnett

Prosecution requests that the Barnetts shut the hell up. Good luck with that.
Right? OTOH, I can’t help but hope all the contradictions will come back to bite them.
-and moo, they should.

Anyway, KPB has portrayed herself to be so savvy, smart and intuitive and yet her reaction to NB; and her actions, have been so incredibly ignorant and abusive. And it’s hard to reconcile their words about only “wanting the best for NB” while they disparage and vilify her (for pay or free) is just so dishonest and disgusting

This is interesting; from the FB of the local reporter who first interviewed Kristine and got hold of the infamous doctor's letter;

I think this may be a first -- getting specifically named in court documents because I was able to (legally) obtain evidence in this major case.

This is interesting; from the FB of the local reporter who first interviewed Kristine and got hold of the infamous doctor's letter;

I think this may be a first -- getting specifically named in court documents because I was able to (legally) obtain evidence in this major case.

Do you have a link to that page? I'd like to read more :)

He is @ReporterDanWISH

Thanks! Here's the post and link

Dan Klein

I was hoping there would be more explanation, I must have missed the context for this. And WISH links don't work for me as I'm in the EU :(

Dan Klein

I was hoping there would be more explanation, I must have missed the context for this. And WISH links don't work for me as I'm in the EU :(
If you scroll back along his timeline he quite often puts the video segments of the WISHTV broadcasts on his FB. (I am also in the EU - for the next 9 days, at least :().

Dan Klein

Yeah, some cases are almost impossible for me to follow because most links don't work for me. I have to keep using a VPN, and now, more and more websites don't work even with the VPN. It's annoying.

In all of this, Natalia has not said a word to the media or the internet. Based on her youtube videos, she is clearly a normal teenager and would be able to find a way to post something if she wanted attention from this, or to defend herself. It really isn’t easy to be adopted let alone internationally from an orphanage.... On top of that she is a very short person and would have faced a lot of discrimination for no good reason. GOOD JOB Natalia! You have a lot of strength and maturity.

How did I miss that he was on Good Morning America?? Indiana couple claims adopted daughter from Ukraine really adult with dwarfism, tried to kill family

Thumbtacks on stairs lol.

"She had attempted to kill my wife for the second time, this time by trying to pull her into an electric fence," Michael said.

The couple tried to press charges against her, but instead she was pushed into a hospital system.

Why would his lawyer allow him to keep saying this stupid stuff about the electric fence? Electric fences cant kill you. And I hadn't read anywhere else that they pressed charges against the girl.

How did I miss that he was on Good Morning America?? Indiana couple claims adopted daughter from Ukraine really adult with dwarfism, tried to kill family

Thumbtacks on stairs lol.

Why would his lawyer allow him to keep saying this stupid stuff about the electric fence? Electric fences cant kill you. And I hadn't read anywhere else that they pressed charges against the girl.
Hmmmm did she push her,or pull her. Everytime they tell these Wild stories they change. Like with the coffee. Was it bleach,Windex,or Pin Sol. I'm just surprised they haven't thrown cyanide in there for extra shock value.
MOO.

Gee I wonder why, Michael?!? (BBM):

Michael said his wife discovered evidence of a monthly menstrual cycle and that Natalia, when confronted, said she did have one and had been hiding it from them.

Natalia suffers from a rare form of dwarfism and Michael said they quickly noticed some suspicious behavior, including developmental changes consistent with adults.

I'm going to guess "shrieking about her pubic hair like the people shrank from Frankenstein in the 1930's film", might have something to do with her lying and concealing! These people are diabolical:

He claimed that doctors, testing and even a court ruling led them to believe she was actually born in 1989.

"In 2012, based on evidence presented to the court, the Marion County Superior Court ruled that her birth year would be changed from 2003 to 1989, effectively changing her from eight to 22 years old," Michael said.

"Evidence" that you provided, Michael.

From one doctor, of questionable derivation; and a couple of mental health professional non-MDs.

And with no legal representation to her!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member