IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly was it
A. Bleach
B. Windex
C. Pine Sol
It keeps changing.
Well she left it open like that in her interview because its b****hit and people tend to be noncommittal about the real details when they're telling fake stories. It's an actual "red flag" lol. Maybe she saw some of those comments asking how she could be unsure what it was if this happened so they've decided it was pine sol.

I think a lot of Michael Barnett's case hinges on her being diagnosed with mental health issues which she wouldn't have been diagnosed with had she been a child, therefore she must be an adult. But as far as I am aware, there's no single set of symptoms which occur only in adults and not in children - the diagnosis of those symptoms would merely vary depending on the age of the patient. If the Barnetts had placed N in psychiatric care and been able to convince the doctors that they believed N to be an adult, the doctors would treat her as such and thus her diagnosis would be an adult one. It's a classic Munchausen by Proxy move - get a diagnosis based upon a faulty parental history and from that diagnosis extrapolate evidence, coming back to prove the original diagnosis.

I imagine turning up in court with a box of the girl's baby teeth would be fairly compelling, but people have been acquitted with more concrete evidence than that against them. I hope the state have done their work thoroughly - because if the Barnetts *are* guilty, what's been done to this child is shameful.
Did you watch the interview on This Morning? (You're British aren't you? You said "not terribly bright" earlier so I'm pretty sure you are haha). Because apparently he's now saying that Natalia tried to kill their kids as well not just Kristine. That would be the first mention of that. Kristine only talked about Natalia trying to hurt her in her interview.

Maybe she saw some of those comments asking how she could be unsure what it was if this happened so they've decided it was pine sol.
I get the feeling they are stalking all social media in order to better craft their alibis. “Ooh, people are questioning “This Part”, so I’ll have to tighten that up and say “This” instead”. Social media is acting as their own Mock trial. Unfortunately for them, their original stories are captured, not just in print, where they could claim it’s misquoted, but on video.

. Because apparently he's now saying that Natalia tried to kill their kids as well not just Kristine. That would be the first mention of that. Kristine only talked about Natalia trying to hurt her in her interview.
It’s the most outlandish accusation yet. Get this: Natalia would throw the boys prized possessions into traffic. NOT so it gets destroyed, ladies and gentlemen. This girl-woman is so much more devious than that. No, she did it, Michael is certain, to lure the boys into traffic so they get ran over and killed trying to retrieve their possessions. Even Jacob is not smart enough, apparently, to escape her machinations. She threw his HOMEWORK up in the air in traffic. Of course he would try to save it without considering the danger of the traffic. After all, he was only a 13 yr old genius who’s smarter than Einstein.

I agree with your assessment of Michael’s intelligence. This guy is a doorknob. I don’t find her much brighter, but definitely more intelligent than him.
I also gather from his FB that he is estranged from his sons. Not surprising since He baled on them and left Canada to return to Indiana.

His “40 odd things about me post” on 9/17/2018. Mentioned his concerns about his relationship with his children.

One on: May 13,2013 was WOW

Jan 1 2017 he posted about graduating from Southern New Hampshire Uni (2016) College of Business. And 8/13/2016 he posted a Screenshot / message from uni - along with a comment questioning how he was going to pay back the loans. $40k per year. Yikes.

And then all posts from late Jun and all of July 2013. - lots of venting prior to the move.

I agree though, he’s a knob. It’s all open. Hundreds of photos, posts just open to the public.

Last edited:
My thing is...why did they pick 22 and not just go with 18? Must be a reason. IMO
did she go to school ? from my understanding at least in CA disabled kids who are severe enough behavior or low function age out of public school system at 22 not 18, if they do not have power of attorney then the state will evaluate them and place them accordingly. This might be one reason

I suggested earlier that if a child enjoys being around adults they can pick up adult language and ways of saying things.

Thinking back to the orphanage, it might be possible that the adult caregivers particularly enjoyed spending time with N. I've been watching documentaries about a form of dwarfism called Primordial Dwarfism, the MOPD type II, and adults seem so endeared to these tiny tiny children and the small-statured adults that they grow into. N being of average intelligence and physical ability but just being an extra small child, possibly in a room of children who had both physical and mental challenges, might get quite a lot of positive attention in the orphanage, and the adults might have been the ones she enjoyed being around most. I could easily imagine this translating into precocious language and talking with adults as if she's one of them and empathises with their issues.

I’m thinking she has far greater than average intelligence. I have a feeling she’s quite bright.

did she go to school ? from my understanding at least in CA disabled kids who are severe enough behavior or low function age out of public school system at 22 not 18, if they do not have power of attorney then the state will evaluate them and place them accordingly. This might be one reason

You apparently cannot change your age to 18 or 21. The petition mentioned something about providing the Barnetts with “extra means” so I assume there was a benefit or allowance they could get when she was 21.

Did you watch the interview on This Morning? (You're British aren't you? You said "not terribly bright" earlier so I'm pretty sure you are haha). Because apparently he's now saying that Natalia tried to kill their kids as well not just Kristine. That would be the first mention of that. Kristine only talked about Natalia trying to hurt her in her interview.

to be fair, interviews are often butchered and ridiculously edited by the media

There are simple explanations for pretty much all of Natalia's behaviours and characteristics. The Barnetts are garbage. Never once thought to even just google "adopted children friendliness" or "adopted children familiarity" or "children smearing on walls" and do even a tiny bit of research into why she might be behaving the way she was. It took me less than a minute to find out about the link between international adoption and precocious puberty. For people who are big proponents of education they are remarkably incurious.

On my visits to Orangewood which is an emergency orphanage in Orange CA, babies in cribs would reach out to me as I passed. To any adult. Begging to be held. And this is a nice facility. Little ones would Rudy over and grasp onto my leg or try to hug me. A total stranger. It hurt my heart to know why those poor babies were desperately seeking the comfort, love and nurturing they had been deprived of.

Yes, I have seen it. In my entirely biased and unscientific opinion, he is fuller of than a pedigree Angus after a night on the curry. But I have nothing except gut instinct to back that up.

I wonder what happens with those records. Like they are private but presumably evidence from them will be used in court so the public will eventually hear what she was diagnosed with if anything.

I can't see how the state can lose this case. Just found this picture on facebook.... girl had missing teeth. This is one of Cynthia's pictures so she obviously didn't have all her adult teeth when the B's left her!

In the first picture of the day they got her or month per date on the daily mail article, she shows adult front teeth and baby teeth in the sides. The same ones missing in the photo you attached. By age 13 the full set are usually in. So here she could’ve been younger than that.

Maybe it’s just me, but if these two really believed she was a serious danger, how do they just drop her off in an apartment house like that? Oh, are they just going to let her kill other people who have no clue that she is a psychopathic killer straight out of “Orphan”?
because some extremely strong minded, interesting, religious people seems to think they can cure behavior issues and all other issues through religion. They will often be willing to happily take these kids. I am not sure i believe the parents but I do think when it comes to parenting, lots of people think they can do it better and people don't want to think kids are born with severe behaviors, and believe can be healed.

Last edited:
to be fair, interviews are often butchered and ridiculously edited by the media
Like the clip of the interview with Natalia’s elderly neighbor that also attended LARA. They ask her how old she thought Natalia was. The most common clip shows her answering “...at least 18”. I found a fuller interview and what she says is “You have to be 18 in order to go to LARA, so she’s at least 18.” HUGE DIFFERENCE. She based her opinion of Natalia’s age by the fact she went to a school with age requirements. That reminds me of men arrested for statutory rape saying “We met at a bar. I thought she was over 21.”

because some extremely strong minded, interesting, religious people seems to think they can cure behavior issues and all other issues through religion. They will often willing to happily take these kids.
That doesn’t answer the question of how could the Barnetts LEAVE a murderous psychopath

because some extremely strong minded, interesting, religious people seems to think they can cure behavior issues and all other issues through religion. They will often be willing to happily take these kids. I am not sure i believe the parents but I do think when it comes to parenting, lots of people think they can do it better and people don't want to think kids are born with severe behaviors, and believe can be healed.
I missed the posts where the family caring for NB said anything of kind.

Besides, they aren’t the ones with charges, neither is NB.

And sure, there are some who think they can do better for other people’s children. KPB being the perfect example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717