IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the posts where the family caring for NB said anything of kind.

Besides, they aren’t the ones with charges, neither is NB.

And sure, there are some who think they can do better for other people’s children. KPB being the perfect example
I'm sure the Mans aren't perfect but seems like they are the only people in Natalia's life who haven't let her down so as far as I'm concerned they are the heroes of this saga. Just imagine what could have happened to this abandoned child with disinhibited attachment disorder if they hadn't taken her in.

I'm sure the Mans aren't perfect but seems like they are the only people in Natalia's life who haven't let her down so as far as I'm concerned they are the heroes of this saga. Just imagine what could have happened to this abandoned child with disinhibited attachment disorder if they hadn't taken her in.
I have no way to know if their motives and actions are genuine. Or if their agenda is self serving and shady. They haven’t been criminally charged, so they have that going them.

And I completely agree with your comments

That doesn’t answer the question of how could the Barnetts LEAVE a murderous psychopath
( my answer, sorry so long) I would like to know if they tried anything prior? Would places not take her as minor , did docs not want to change or add to the autism diagnoses? Did they try to get her diagnosed ? Were there police calls but not charges. What was her school file like ? why do parents walk away from a lot psychopaths as adults because they are exhausted from living in fear and tip toeing constantly around the person, because they are refuse help and are breaking the parents and the family. These kids go through therapy and lie , they go through programs and don't work in them. They come to know the law and how to talk to therapists from a extremely young age. They know what what will get them caught. The one I knew had the weapon or the verbal threat or intent, never all at once, she always did it one on one your word against hers. she had killed animals prior but you know those are unfortunately property most dont press changes. Did her mom call the cops a million times, yes, but pressing charges would put her other child in danger of child protective services getting involved. To be honest the cops would try to scare her , threaten to take her away, she would pretend to be scared, til they left. She learned to play the cops well (to make her mom look like the crazy one at times, she was good at this). She did end up programs eventually just to get kicked out. The cops can do more with a crime than domestic disturbance because in reality the parents had to put their hands on her to get the knife or whatever out of her hand. The second you do that, even if you do not hurt them it gets complicated charges wise when the child you threatened them. The mom had guardianship of the 2 girls but it was not a legal adoption, there were pros and cons to that legally. Do you legally adopt the child you come to find out is a psychopath She took those girls to keep them out of the system at the request of the drug addict mother, with the intention of later adoptions, one ended up a psychopath the other is not . What happened to her the same thing, a religious family offered to take her , the mom finally let her go, she could not take anymore the day she turned 18,which is where she is now, (i learned this is very typical, a lot of people think they can change behavior) Its a very dysfunctional / abusive family environment but she loves it . They will never turn her in , they have way too many secrets and are violent to each other thinking its normal but always have faith to tie them them together in a few days. She could kill they would help her hide it is my personal gut feeling) If you saw this on the outside you would think , wow what an amazing family they have taken in 2 young adults. What do you do when your children do not want help , can outsmart the help,or even just sit there and refuse the help , what can do you when you know they will hurt you. Its a interesting question. Would her mom have abandoned her before 18, yes, to save her other daughter , her husband and herself , but i stepped in many times to give them a break, when they were at he their breaking points. But even I realized this was very dangerous and was considering cutting ties will all of them. I dont know if this person is a psychopath with violent behaviors but if so sometimes walking away is all you can do. Psychopaths will latch on to people they can find people to harbor and take care of them in a instant , they can blend in, because they can stimulate anything and produce the emotion on the outside even if they don't feel it or are indifferent. They are amazing opportunists! The one i knew had so much charisma it was crazy to watch, she mom could dumped her and a million people would have come to her rescue , so how can they walk away, hit your breaking point and you take the 1st situation that gets you out or on the very flip side you have parents who hide it, don't test the child or adult , hit their breaking point,and just walk away. Now that is only with psychopath with violent behaviors if she isn't that ,i would be asking your question too. i am glad is far far away to be honest, i just just hear it from others now i would never want to be a part of that again

Last edited:
( my answer, sorry so long) I would like to know if they tried anything prior? Would places not take her as minor , did docs not want to change or add to the autism diagnoses? Did they try to get her diagnosed ? Were there police calls but not charges. What was her school file like ? why do parents walk away from a lot psychopaths as adults because they are exhausted from living in fear and tip toeing constantly around the person, because they are refuse help and are breaking the parents and the family. These kids go through therapy and lie , they go through programs and don't work in them. They come to know the law and how to talk to therapists from a extremely young age. They know what what will get them caught. The one I knew had the weapon or the verbal threat or intent, never all at once, she always did it one on one your word against hers. she had killed animals prior but you know those are unfortunately property most dont press changes. Did her mom call the cops a million times, yes, but pressing charges would put her other child in danger of child protective services getting involved. To be honest the cops would try to scare her , threaten to take her away, she would pretend to be scared, til they left. She learned to play the cops well (to make her mom look like the crazy one at times, she was good at this). She did end up programs eventually just to get kicked out. The cops can do more with a crime than domestic disturbance because in reality the parents had to put their hands on her to get the knife or whatever out of her hand. The second you do that, even if you do not hurt them it gets complicated charges wise when the child you threatened them. The mom had guardianship of the 2 girls but it was not a legal adoption, there were pros and cons to that legally. Do you legally adopt the child you come to find out is a psychopath She took those girls to keep them out of the system at the request of the drug addict mother, with the intention of later adoptions, one ended up a psychopath the other is not . What happened to her the same thing, a religious family offered to take her , the mom finally let her go, she could not take anymore the day she turned 18,which is where she is now, (i learned this is very typical, a lot of people think they can change behavior) Its a very dysfunctional / abusive family environment but she loves it . They will never turn her in , they have way too many secrets and are violent to each other thinking its normal but always have faith to tie them them together in a few days. She could kill they would help her hide it is my personal gut feeling) If you saw this on the outside you would think , wow what an amazing family they have taken in 2 young adults. What do you do when your children do not want help , can outsmart the help,or even just sit there and refuse the help , what can do you when you know they will hurt you. Its a interesting question. Would her mom have abandoned her before 18, yes, to save her other daughter , her husband and herself , but i stepped in many times to give them a break, when they were at he their breaking points. But even I realized this was very dangerous and was considering cutting ties will all of them. I dont know if this person is a psychopath with violent behaviors but if so sometimes walking away is all you can do. Psychopaths will latch on to people they can find people to harbor and take care of them in a instant , they can blend in, because they can stimulate anything and produce the emotion on the outside even if they don't feel it or are indifferent. They are amazing opportunists! The one i knew had so much charisma it was crazy to watch, she mom could dumped her and a million people would have come to her rescue , so how can they walk away, hit your breaking point and you take the 1st situation that gets you out or on the very flip side you have parents who hide it, don't test the child or adult , hit their breaking point,and just walk away. Now that is only with psychopath with violent behaviors if she isn't that ,i would be asking your question too.
Wow, that was a lot. All I can say is that Natalia has been with the Mans going on 6 years and they are still in her corner. I don’t think that would be the case if she were truly a psychopath

Wow, that was a lot. All I can say is that Natalia has been with the Mans going on 6 years and they are still in her corner. I don’t think that would be the case if she were truly a psychopath
proabal
I agree

( my answer, sorry so long) I would like to know if they tried anything prior? Would places not take her as minor , did docs not want to change or add to the autism diagnoses? Did they try to get her diagnosed ? Were there police calls but not charges. What was her school file like ? why do parents walk away from a lot psychopaths as adults because they are exhausted from living in fear and tip toeing constantly around the person, because they are refuse help and are breaking the parents and the family. These kids go through therapy and lie , they go through programs and don't work in them. They come to know the law and how to talk to therapists from a extremely young age. They know what what will get them caught. The one I knew had the weapon or the verbal threat or intent, never all at once, she always did it one on one your word against hers. she had killed animals prior but you know those are unfortunately property most dont press changes. Did her mom call the cops a million times, yes, but pressing charges would put her other child in danger of child protective services getting involved. To be honest the cops would try to scare her , threaten to take her away, she would pretend to be scared, til they left. She learned to play the cops well (to make her mom look like the crazy one at times, she was good at this). She did end up programs eventually just to get kicked out. The cops can do more with a crime than domestic disturbance because in reality the parents had to put their hands on her to get the knife or whatever out of her hand. The second you do that, even if you do not hurt them it gets complicated charges wise when the child you threatened them. The mom had guardianship of the 2 girls but it was not a legal adoption, there were pros and cons to that legally. Do you legally adopt the child you come to find out is a psychopath She took those girls to keep them out of the system at the request of the drug addict mother, with the intention of later adoptions, one ended up a psychopath the other is not . What happened to her the same thing, a religious family offered to take her , the mom finally let her go, she could not take anymore the day she turned 18,which is where she is now, (i learned this is very typical, a lot of people think they can change behavior) Its a very dysfunctional / abusive family environment but she loves it . They will never turn her in , they have way too many secrets and are violent to each other thinking its normal but always have faith to tie them them together in a few days. She could kill they would help her hide it is my personal gut feeling) If you saw this on the outside you would think , wow what an amazing family they have taken in 2 young adults. What do you do when your children do not want help , can outsmart the help,or even just sit there and refuse the help , what can do you when you know they will hurt you. Its a interesting question. Would her mom have abandoned her before 18, yes, to save her other daughter , her husband and herself , but i stepped in many times to give them a break, when they were at he their breaking points. But even I realized this was very dangerous and was considering cutting ties will all of them. I dont know if this person is a psychopath with violent behaviors but if so sometimes walking away is all you can do. Psychopaths will latch on to people they can find people to harbor and take care of them in a instant , they can blend in, because they can stimulate anything and produce the emotion on the outside even if they don't feel it or are indifferent. They are amazing opportunists! The one i knew had so much charisma it was crazy to watch, she mom could dumped her and a million people would have come to her rescue , so how can they walk away, hit your breaking point and you take the 1st situation that gets you out or on the very flip side you have parents who hide it, don't test the child or adult , hit their breaking point,and just walk away. Now that is only with psychopath with violent behaviors if she isn't that ,i would be asking your question too. i am glad is far far away to be honest, i just just hear it from others now i would never want to be a part of that again

You’ve clearly been through something and I don’t want to diminish that. But there are two points here;

1. N has not been diagnosed with autism at any point.
2. This is not a case of parents waiting for a disturbed child to turn 18 and then disowning her. This is a case of parents deliberately changing someone’s age to 18 and then abandoning her.

Did you watch the interview on This Morning? (You're British aren't you? You said "not terribly bright" earlier so I'm pretty sure you are haha). Because apparently he's now saying that Natalia tried to kill their kids as well not just Kristine. That would be the first mention of that. Kristine only talked about Natalia trying to hurt her in her interview.
OMG The Verbal Diarrhea. Unreal.
MOO

You’ve clearly been through something and I don’t want to diminish that. But there are two points here;

1. N has not been diagnosed with autism at any point.
2. This is not a case of parents waiting for a disturbed child to turn 18 and then disowning her. This is a case of parents deliberately changing someone’s age to 18 and then abandoning her.
If we are going the parents did this intentionally what would their motive be? What was her original diagnoses , the 1st article i read said autism, but i have seen dwarfism and other stuff thrown around . Do the parents have records?

If we are going the parents did this intentionally what would their motive be? What was her original diagnoses , the 1st article i read said autism, but i have seen dwarfism and other stuff thrown around . Do the parents have records?
I would respectfully suggest that you read the rest of the thread, and then come back with any questions you any have.

His “40 odd things about me post” on 9/17/2018. Mentioned his concerns about his relationship with his children.

One on: May 13,2013 was WOW

Jan 1 2017 he posted about graduating from Southern New Hampshire Uni (2016) College of Business. And 8/13/2016 he posted a Screenshot / message from uni - along with a comment questioning how he was going to pay back the loans. $40k per year. Yikes.

And then all posts from late Jun and all of July 2013. - lots of venting prior to the move.

I agree though, he’s a knob. It’s all open. Hundreds of photos, posts just open to the public.

He’s a defendant so we can link to his social media. Can someone link for me?

Are you maybe thinking of their son? He’s the one with the autism diagnosis.

Their motive is she wasn’t what they expected. It was too real. They couldn’t deal with how she looked. Walked. Her precocious puberty. Her demeanor. Behavior. She’s wasn’t theirs. They didn’t love her. They wanted to move. They didn’t want her to come. She was an albatross.

This Morning Show.

His description of the bathroom incident is incomprehensible and sad. He describes his wife SCREAMING for him. And when he runs in, she says “LOOK!” referring to what he says is N’s “full pubic hair.”

Interesting. Why no mention of this adult scammer’s reaction? Why would she let them give her a bath? Clearly she wasn’t hiding her puberty if she allowed that, like they now say.

Gosh. Imagine that reaction from your new parents as a child, to the appearance of your body. And imagine how it would feel to have some strange new man gawking at your private parts.

She must have felt so ashamed and dirty.

These are the key parts of their story that make zero sense.

Oh and no mention of breasts I notice which she clearly has now. If she is was a woman then aged 20, she would have the same breasts she now has, a chest she “coincidentally” developed right in sync with her birth certificate age.

And yeah, no. I do not believe she somehow coincidentally developed breasts 9-10 years after she first reached puberty. That’s not logical.

These people are sick. They’re creepy.

View attachment 209554
In their petition for age change they state she was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Don't tell me... the evidence for the schizophrenia is going to be attempts to kill her family members combined with the delusion that she's really a child and not the 22 years old that she's already admitted to being?

When they said before that N was diagnosed with something that doesn't usually come on until adulthood I thought then of Schizophrenia, so this doesn't really surprise me. The only thing I'm curious about is how a doctor made that diagnosis.

Like the clip of the interview with Natalia’s elderly neighbor that also attended LARA. They ask her how old she thought Natalia was. The most common clip shows her answering “...at least 18”. I found a fuller interview and what she says is “You have to be 18 in order to go to LARA, so she’s at least 18.” HUGE DIFFERENCE. She based her opinion of Natalia’s age by the fact she went to a school with age requirements. That reminds me of men arrested for statutory rape saying “We met at a bar. I thought she was over 21.”

That is exactly what every piece of 'evidence' in this case reeks of!

Another thing is that I think the case for having N's age set at 22 was explained to the judge as being so that N could get extra help. It wasn't explained as "so we can move to another country and leave her behind on her own".

One of N's brothers in the Barnett family has (according to KB) autism. N definitely has a form of dwarfism.

Any other assertions and diagnoses other than the dwarfism seem to me that they should have a very big question mark by the side of them.

Why? I think the original reason for taking in N was that they saw a child who needed a home. Given what I've heard of KB's book, maybe she was attracted to the thought of a child who would be so obviously different from the rest of the family and the family would gain positive attention from this adoption.

But right from that first bath, KB seems to have become biased against N and developed a belief that the child she adopted was just like in the movie Orphan. Once she has that bias it seems to have become solid confirmation bias where every new thing would play into this suspicion that N was really much older, therefore she faking and manipulative and doing all of this to deliberately hurt KB...therefore KB needed a way out of the adoption and having the age changed legally to 22 meant that N could be emancipated even as a person with a disability, allowing the family to move to Canada and leave N behind without any feelings of guilt or failure.

People are asking 'how could a 9-yr old fend for herself' after the Barnetts left? But how many people on the streets have a mental age of around 9 or 10 yrs old? Nine-year-olds can be capable caregivers for disabled parents. A 9-yr old can figure out that if there's nothing in the food cupboard that they need to shop, they know that if they're hungry they can get a bowl of food or put something in the microwave. Then we've heard that N was hanging around with a group of older people who probably took her under their wing somewhat, treating her like a young adult who needed extra help....which isn't far off what a 9-yr old is if they are in a situation where they 'have' to fend for themselves. Two hundred years ago a child of 9 might get a job as a live-in housemaid....the modern image of a child playing with toys and being in school is a modern concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717