IN IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be hard to hide the disappearance of the baby from Grandma. If I had an 8 week old adorable grandson, living in my home, I would be going in for a quick cuddle and hug quite regularly. I would find it very odd if the baby was not out and about in the house during an extended period.

Not all grandmothers are like that though. I'm not saying this is the case here but we hear plenty of stories about grandparents being upset about children's choice of partners, their children's decision to have children, or their children making them grandparents before they're "old enough," etc. There are a lot of grandparents who are very hands off, and I'd imagine the other adults all had alternating work schedules so it wouldn't have been too difficult to say the baby is asleep (which 6 week old babies do a lot of). My mom lives next door and is an amazing grandmother, doesn't work, but isn't really a "baby person," she prefers the kids when they "are more than just a sack of potatoes" as she says. So not all grandmothers, even really great ones, would be doting over a cuddly little newborn.

I'm guessing that she did not do FMLA, as she stated she just started a new job 2 days prior. The employer is required to have 50 or more employees to have to do the FMLA and the employee has to have worked almost a year of hours to be eligible. It's not an automatic.

I was SOOOO lucky. I had to go back to work 2 weeks after the delivery, and with a broken tailbone. I hated leaving my helpless baby with a sitter. After two MORE weeks, I really did not know how I was going to survive working all day and caring for her all night. Then, miraculously, she began to sleep through the night at FOUR WEEKS. I know how lucky I was and how early that is (and this still required a midnight feeding and a 6:30am feeding), but in between I got enough sleep to remain functional.

Wow, you are lucky. Both of mine took ten years to sleep through. Seriously.

This story breaks my heart. I feel like the LE knows more than they are letting on.

Prayers for this sweet boy.

I kind of figure I must have a different electrical charge than most people, or some sort of chemical "difference" that attracts it. So far as I know, the only real adverse effect to me personally has been losing most of my molars, which crack when my jaw slams shut from the current. They usually take a few years to break up, then start coming out in pieces.

There's usually a lot of damage to the buildings (4), boats (3) or cars (1) I am in on or near when it happens. Once it melted the fuse box in my car, once it exploded every light bulb in the house, once it fried the well pump, once it froze the "points" in the boat engine and boiled the water in the holding tank, and once it did $40K in damage to a gas station when it passed through me into the pump. GENERALLY I am touching something when it happens so the charge goes through me and most of the damage is to whatever I am "grounded" to. I don't even tempt fate by carrying an umbrella when it rains!

Wow that is so crazy!!!

I'm not sure what to make of the morning run in the alley. Then did he wander so long in the afternoon in an effort to wait for the right moment for the 'baby' to disappear, because something had already happened in the morning? Very odd. I keep thinking of alleys having cobblestones and think he'd twist an ankle running in the alley. Must remember modern alley. :)

I'm not sure what to make of the morning run in the alley. Then did he wander so long in the afternoon in an effort to wait for the right moment for the 'baby' to disappear, because something had already happened in the morning? Very odd. I keep thinking of alleys having cobblestones and think he'd twist an ankle running in the alley. Must remember modern alley. :)

This alley in particular looks identical to the alley that runs behind my late grandma's house. It's paved, but not really maintained like the main streets and everyone's back yards back onto the alley. The fact that he switched gears as soon as he realized someone saw him, speaks volumes to me. It was an act.

My youngest is almost 4 and still wakes like a newborn. :-(

My fourth is 9 and still wakes at night frequently. He woke me up the other night at 4am screaming, I though he was really hurt, turns out he just had an itch on his foot that wouldn't go away. When our fifth was born, he was five years old and she was waking to nurse only once a night and I'd be up with him two to three times! It was so exhausting. Luckily, the others are decent sleepers, none as peaceful a sleeper as the youngest, and none as extreme as my fourth.

Yeah, the hour he claims to have been walking the baby around the block seems to make sense now, as his time working up the nerve and picking the right moment to call 911.

Seems Mom is a stand by your Man kinda Gal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will see how that works out!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the hour he claims to have been walking the baby around the block seems to make sense now, as his time working up the nerve and picking the right moment to call 911.

I think whatever happened to little Delano happened that morning. WW was seen running, and I am guessing he was running after hiding the baby. He was literally running away from the scene. Once spotted, he reminded himself to act normal and stopped running. The rest of the morning was spent figuring out how to explain away what happened. He came up with the pistol-whipping and kidnapping story, went back to the alley, and began the show.

JMO, just speculating.

Yep, something close to that. Make it up as you go along. MOO.

I think whatever happened to little Delano happened that morning. WW was seen running, and I am guessing he was running after hiding the baby. He was literally running away from the scene. Once spotted, he reminded himself to act normal and stopped running. The rest of the morning was spent figuring out how to explain away what happened. He came up with the pistol-whipping and kidnapping story, went back to the alley, and began the show.

JMO, just speculating.

This is pretty much what I think too. I think his later milling around in the alley was trying to come up with a story. . .and picking his scapegoats. He probably waited for a car to move through the alley. You know, since a witness saw the car and that proves he's telling the truth. :rolleyes:

ETA. . .speaking of scapegoats, it was rumored on FB that a white male and a hispanic female were panhandling outside a local McDonalds that day. I would bet money that WW saw them. I hope they checked those dumpsters. :(

They need to be looking in the landfill.Was it trash day?

I don't think I can handle another landfill disposal. Where is baby Delano?

Not all grandmothers are like that though. I'm not saying this is the case here but we hear plenty of stories about grandparents being upset about children's choice of partners, their children's decision to have children, or their children making them grandparents before they're "old enough," etc. There are a lot of grandparents who are very hands off, and I'd imagine the other adults all had alternating work schedules so it wouldn't have been too difficult to say the baby is asleep (which 6 week old babies do a lot of). My mom lives next door and is an amazing grandmother, doesn't work, but isn't really a "baby person," she prefers the kids when they "are more than just a sack of potatoes" as she says. So not all grandmothers, even really great ones, would be doting over a cuddly little newborn.

If a grandparent was as you describe, wouldn't they not allow their child, grandchild and other parent live with them? I have trouble seeing a hands off grandparent allowing the child and their parents living with the grandparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321