IN IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I nursed this guy to 2.5. It was no big deal.
Though, he seems to be a boob guy.

I think extended nursing is great, three of mine nursed passed two. The previous poster thought I was nursing a five year old numerous times throughout the night, and I can see why that would raise some eyebrows. lol

If you don't believe Wilson, what do you think really happened? I think he either killed him by abusing him or possibly sold him for a black market adoption.

I think he most likely killed him out of anger or frustration when he wouldn't stop crying, and made up the story out of fear.

If you don't believe Wilson, what do you think really happened? I think he either killed him by abusing him or possibly sold him for a black market adoption.

BBM, Ive seen that theory a lot after news articles. Honestly, I think that would be the best outcome (as long a loving family got him).

I think he most likely killed him out of anger or frustration when he wouldn't stop crying, and made up the story out of fear.

That's possible if he was the only one home the day of the alleged abduction. We don't know if Grandma and uncle were out of the home that day. If they were, that has not been released to the public.

We also need to consider his severly disabled daughter was in varying stages of healing when she was brought to the hospital. (source previously posted msm). There is some history in his past of doing nothing or possibly participating in abusing his older daughter.

If WW was alone in that house that day, it could be a case like Bianca Jones mother - in that she absolutely refuses to believe her child's father had any part in her daughters 'disappearance'. Perhaps no one in that household wished to believe it was not a good idea to leave Delano home alone with his father.

I think extended nursing is great, three of mine nursed passed two. The previous poster thought I was nursing a five year old numerous times throughout the night, and I can see why that would raise some eyebrows. lol

Me too. The teasing I talked about above is done in humor, I love that child so much it takes my breath away sometimes.

I think we all know what happened and now is a matter of time before we find the sweet baby.

Chiming in about some posts above re: Grandmother living in the home and expecting her to be the protector. Not all grannies are old, sweet, upstanding and filled with maternal love. Obviously, I don't know this family's dynamics, but I've seen enough on WS to know it isn't always the norm. Relisha Rudd's family comes to mind. To me, this family unit sounds quite dysfunctional in a not so good kind of way. Maybe I'm just reading between the lines.

One of my grandmothers was far from nurturing and full of love, she lived with us. I wouldn't have expected her to step in if the "discipline" got out of hand, well she never did. Anyway, not all abusers are born abusers, they learn it from somewhere, statistically grandma probably abused her children or watched as the "dad" did.

There is also the possibility that grandma just lost her grandbaby and doesn't want to lose her daughter, too by telling what she knows. I know my mom would do anything to avoid losing her grandbabies and she tends to stand by her kids no matter how wrong they are in a situation.

Do not discuss parents, and family in a suspect way. Law enforcement has not named anyone a suspect or person of interest.

:tyou:

Not all grandmothers are like that though.

Tell me about, my grandmother used to hide and pretend she wasn't at home when my Mom pushed her stroller over, LOL.
And she never allowed us to sit on her furniture, ha ha.

Been without internet for a few days and am sad but not surprised to read about the direction this case has taken.

I don't have kids. To be entirely honest, I don't really like or want kids. But I will NEVER understand how someone can hurt a one month old infant. One month. That's not even a fair chance.

Come home, Delano. Lots of people are holding you in their hearts.

I am so sad to see little Delano is still missing. I think LE have a good idea what has happened to the poor little thing. Someone made a really good point further up the thread ^^^^ - WW did experience an amazing recovery from being pistol whipped etc just in time to give a detailed description of a vehicle. I fear this is not going to end well for Delano, although I would LOVE to be wrong!

I am from the UK and I am shocked the US doesn't have paid maternity leave for their new mums. Here in the UK we are entitled to 52 weeks leave, 39 of these weeks are paid and there are plans to raise it to cover the full 52.

In the US, if you have a full time job and they choose to allow it, mothers get 6 weeks unpaid leave for a vaginal delivery and 8 weeks unpaid for a c-section. But that is not across the board for every job, I know when I worked full time waitressing, I got no approved leave time.

The entire maternity system in the states is dismal, imo. With my last baby, I couldn't even bring myself to birth in a hospital. I'm sure there's at least one more granola mom in here that understands, lol. I wish we could get *any* paid leave..
Where's Delano???
In the US, if you have a full time job and they choose to allow it, mothers get 6 weeks unpaid leave for a vaginal delivery and 8 weeks unpaid for a c-section. But that is not across the board for every job, I know when I worked full time waitressing, I got no approved leave time.

Regardless of whether Delano's grandmother and uncle were home often and could help with baby care or whether they were busy with their own careers and the different generations lived in the same home but "did their own thing" with little dependence on each other, surely LE has asked the relatives when they last remember seeing and hearing Delano. Even the most content, non-colicky six-week-old is going to cry a few times a day (because he doesn't like his bath, hates diaper changes, Mom had to take a moment to make herself some food, etc.) and anyone living under the same roof is going to be well aware of his presence. (Mods, I hope this is okay. I'm not casting doubt on any relatives, simply stating that they would no doubt remember when they last heard the baby. I can only imagine that when my own sons were this age, to my parents and in-laws who invited us for Sunday dinner, they must have felt they were living in a completely different house before and during our visit.)

OT, but Knox, your DIL should consider consulting her local La Leche League group for help when your granddaughter is ready to wean; they are a very helpful, free resource. I nursed my sons until "child-led" weaning, or at least parent-led weaning with very little encouragement needed from me, and this usually happened around three and a half, with the same child skipping off into preschool and amazingly independent just a half-year later.

http://fox59.com/2014/09/05/missing-babys-family-attends-ten-point-coalition-faith-walk/

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (September 5, 2014) – The family of Delano Wilson, missing since August 27th, attended a faith walk Friday evening with members of the Ten Point Coalition.

http://fox59.com/2014/09/05/impd-an...ood-to-show-presence-after-baby-goes-missing/

From desperate pleas to “bring baby Delano home” to intense searches throughout the southwest side neighborhood where 6-week-old Delano Wilson went missing, the efforts continue as fewer and fewer tips are being received.

“We haven’t received any new information so it makes it very difficult to go and look for something. So unless we receive some credible information that leads us to a new search area there’s just nowhere to search,” said IMPD Sgt. Kendale Adams.

http://wishtv.com/2014/09/05/impd-ten-point-coalition-in-missing-babys-neighborhood-friday/

On Friday evening, IMPD and Ten Point Coalition were visible again in the neighborhood. IMPD’s Southwest District even held a roving roll call there.

“We just want to let everybody in that neighborhood know, we haven’t forgotten about them. This is still a very important case to the police department. The detectives are working around the clock on that and tracking down every possible lead,” said Commander David Hofmann of the Southwest District.

What? they need a lead to tell them where to search. Whatever happened to putting 2 and 2 together? Search the damn landfill,search storm drains,septic tanks. Time is ticking and evidence is eroding. If they can not find Delano bring someone in who can,NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place