IN - Dr. Kevin Rodgers, 61, killed in his Indianapolis home, 20 Nov 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The youngest son played football for the high school. I looked at the tweets from that account, and, unless they were deleted, see nothing "interesting."

What I *do* find coincidental is that on the same day as the murder a body was found in the nearby Eagle Creek reservoir that was immediately dismissed as unrelated.

http://fox59.com/2017/11/20/body-found-in-water-at-eagle-creek-sailing-club-on-northwest-side/

Not sure where I read it - but the Eagle Creek body was a contractor known to be working there.

Not sure where I read it - but the Eagle Creek body was a contractor known to be working there.

Yep!

“The victim has since been identified as 63-year-old Mark Gummer.

Investigators were trying to figure how Gummer, doing some type of work near the water, fell into the reservoir and how long he might have been in the water. Police said loved ones found him in the water.

Police, including homicide investigators, were dispatched to a “dead on arrival” call about 6:15 p.m. Monday to the club at 8901 W. 46th St., on the west shore of Eagle Creek Reservoir. Police later said they did not suspect foul play was involved.”

http://wishtv.com/2017/11/20/homicide-investigators-called-to-eagle-creek-sailing-club/

Hopefully LE will release more info today. Was there a sign of forced entry, valuables missing, etc. But, because of reading here, I there is always a way to stage a murder to look like a burglary gone wrong. moo Not accusing anyone of anything...

I have these same questions. How did the intruder get in the house? How long was Rodgers home alone? What room was he in? Any cameras on any of the houses or businesses in the area? Do they have any dogs?

Thank goodness his wife (and kids) weren't home, too...

It's been six days and I've yet to see an obituary.

Anyone except me find this odd?

http://wishtv.com/2017/11/21/mourners-remember-the-life-of-dr-kevin-rodgers/

Mourners remember the life of Dr. Kevin Rodgers
Published: November 21, 2017, 7:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The Marion County Coroner’s Office reports Dr. Kevin Rodgers, 61, died by gunshot wound in his home Monday afternoon. IMPD lists the murder weapon as a handgun.

Police have not released further information on the suspect or a potential motive. Family and friends of Dr. Rodgers held various memorials and vigils around Indianapolis Tuesday, as they await more information on the tragic death of their beloved mentor and physician.
[...]

http://wishtv.com/2017/11/21/mourners-remember-the-life-of-dr-kevin-rodgers/

Mourners remember the life of Dr. Kevin Rodgers
Published: November 21, 2017, 7:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The Marion County Coroner’s Office reports Dr. Kevin Rodgers, 61, died by gunshot wound in his home Monday afternoon. IMPD lists the murder weapon as a handgun.

Police have not released further information on the suspect or a potential motive. Family and friends of Dr. Rodgers held various memorials and vigils around Indianapolis Tuesday, as they await more information on the tragic death of their beloved mentor and physician.
[...]

That's a memorial held the day after he was killed. To my knowledge (and I'm local) no obit and no funeral yet.

That's a memorial held the day after he was killed. To my knowledge (and I'm local) no obit and no funeral yet.
His body may not have been released by the medical examiner yet. Many people feel strongly about having the body present at the funeral.

His body may not have been released by the medical examiner yet. Many people feel strongly about having the body present at the funeral.

Agreed. But why would that be? They came out with the COD fairly quickly- and even if they were waiting on toxicology- the ME often does that yet releases the body.

I just find it incredibly weird that this story has gone radio silent so quickly.

Agreed. But why would that be? They came out with the COD fairly quickly- and even if they were waiting on toxicology- the ME often does that yet releases the body.

I just find it incredibly weird that this story has gone radio silent so quickly.

Yep. I guess we are all just waiting for the arrest of the hitman.

I'll go sit on my hands now.

*crickets on all fronts: LE, media, family

Kudos to LE for their great work:

"'Two teens arrested for murder of Indianapolis doctor'

PUBLISHED: DEC 14TH, 2017 - 5:11PM (EST)UPDATED: ABOUT AN HOUR AGO

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) – Detectives at Metro police headquarters believe they have an airtight case and have made the arrests in a deadly botched November burglary.

[...]

Veteran IMPD detective Mark Prater arrested Ka'ron Bickham-Hurst, 18, and a 15 year old on Thursday.

[...]

Just after noon on November 20, officers responded to a 911 call to the Rodgers home in a northwest neighborhood. Rodger's wife found him dead from gunshot wounds when she came home on her lunch hour. She had become concerned about his well-being.

Police immediately canvassed the neighborhood and located an eyewitness who said they saw the teens enter the Rodgers home, leaving minutes later in a hurry. The eyewitness had called to 911 in an effort to get officers to check out the suspicious behavior.

Investigators believe the two teens and possibly others did not realize anyone was home.

Eyewitness News has learned that the 15 year old told detectives the morning of the murder he spent the day at a northwest side basketball court with friends.

We have also learned detectives may have video of Ka'Ron Bickham-Hurst inside a northwest Indianapolis pawn shop. He reportedly pawned several items accumulated and identified as stolen during home burglaries.

[...]

Detectives on the Rodgers case have a list of items taken from his home during the deadly break-in. They have not ruled out more arrests.

The mother of a 17 year old who asked not to be identified confirmed her fears about her son eventually facing murder charges because he's under investigation for Rodgers death, too.

It is likely that the investigation is far from over. There could be nearly a half-dozen other teenagers facing charges connected to this case.

[...]"
https://www.wthr.com/article/two-teens-arrested-for-murder-of-indianapolis-doctor

"(A) half-dozen other teenagers"!?

Wow
Wow
Wow

Well done IMPD and I will now eat my crow (with a side of mashed potatoes please)

I could not have been more wrong. I went down the same path with the Amanda Blackburn case as well.

Wow.

2 more teens face murder charges in Indianapolis doctor’s November shooting
Updated: Aug 31, 2018 / 11:11 PM GMT-0400
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Two more teens have been charged in connection to the November shooting death of a former IU School of Medicine doctor. An 18-year-old and a 15-year-old were charged in December.

The Marion County Prosecutor’s Office on Friday announced charges of felony murder and burglary against 18-year-old Nehemiah Merriweather, while Devon Seats, 17, faced charges of murder, felony murder and two charges of burglary. New information obtained by IMPD detectives led to the charges, the prosecutor’s office said.
[...]
In December, 18-year-old Ka’ron Bickham-Hurst and an unnamed juvenile were arrested and faced preliminary charges of murder and burglary.

The case of the juvenile charged in December remains in juvenile court, McLeish said.

Documents released at that time indicated that prosecutors believe the 15-year-old pulled the trigger. He is accused of committing an additional burglary on the same day that Rodgers was murdered and his home burglarized.
[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truecrimefanatic2024
Back