GUILTY IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #9 *NO JAIL*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he was waiting, why else squat down and lean against they column. Waiting for that open window. IMO

I feel the same way. When SA got up from squatting, he didn't walk straight to the windows, he went to the left where the gentleman had been looking out the open window. JMO
Again, I understand. I think we've taken the Occam's razor conversation as far as necessary here.

But your assumption about why SA went to the open window completely ignores a major fact. SA followed CW over to the windows. He went where she went. So saying he chose the open window is not supported by the evidence.

I completely agree that I find it hard to understand how he could possibly have not realized the window was open. Perhaps as he walked to it and initially leaned on the railing to look down at CW below at his feet. Perhaps. If his attention was solely on CW he might not have noticed the open window. But once he lifts her up and they are both facing the opening together, for half a minute? I just can't see it. (no pun intended)

So why not take Chloe's hand and walk her away from the open window or even that area of the ship. Chloe is the child, SA is the adult. I do agree with your final sentence, SA picking up CW. Toddlers wander, we are there to keep them safe.

If he didn’t realize the window was opened, he’s challenged in the mental faculty department. But we know he’s in IT. He walks, talks, has a job, which uses mental faculties. Fishes on a boat, clearly knows about large bodies of water, drives, gets tickets. Does that point to mental faculty limitations? He has a budding acting career. Convinced D.Begnaud he should audition for a role in the upcoming made for media trial of Weigand v. RCCL.

MOO
Saying a person "is in IT" could mean he writes very complex code, to being relegated to changing toner cartridges in printers all day/sweeping the floor in the server rooms. I have worked with both.

Since being in IT was brought up by the family, I wonder what IT certifications he possesses to potentially gauge his grasp of the field.

Being in the IT Field for decades, Risk Management is a major part of how we are suppose to make decisions.

He was not thinking!

Your mileage may vary...

If you're going to invoke Occam's razor then "he didn't realize the window was open" is actually the most appropriate explaination as it requires the least number of assumptions.

No, actually it requires a lot of assumptions, including was SA completely blind? Completely deaf? Devoid of nerve endings in his entire body and face so that he could not feel a breeze on his face? Hard of smelling so that he couldn't smell ocean air? Then, OK, maybe. And that's completely ignoring a video in which 99% of us believe shows him sticking his entire upper body through the open window.

The only assumption needed in the other theory is "Is SA a completely reckless nincompoop?" The answer to that is yes.

update from status conference:

This is the only thing to come out publicly from the status conference.

Trial set - 12/21/20 expected to last 6-8 days
Pretrial Conference - 11/18/20

The court is considering the Motion to Dismiss and will issue its order sometime in the next few days.

status conference 3-11.pdf

Amusing thing I noticed, Winkleman didn't take part in this. :rolleyes:

The court is considering the Motion to Dismiss and will issue its order sometime in the next few days.

I think He gave up cause he doesn't have a leg to stand on! LOL :D

Thanks Kindred!!
So I guess setting a trial date is a contingency in the event the lawsuit is not dismissed.

Hopefully, the case WILL be dismissed in the next few days. Perhaps MW’s lack of participation today hints at this. One can hope.

Thanks Kindred!!
So I guess setting a trial date is a contingency in the event the lawsuit is not dismissed.

Hopefully, the case WILL be dismissed in the next few days. Perhaps MW’s lack of participation today hints at this. One can hope.

Yeah, the scheduling is just standard. Do it regardless of it there's a chance it's going to stay on the calendar or not. It's easier to take it off then to try and cram it in later when everything is full. Doesn't mean anything either way

.just now I was looking through the images of chloe posted on yahoo/ internet explorer it dawned on me all the pictures are of Chloe with KSW or SA. There is only 1 photo posted of Chloe with ( assumably AW) when she was being taken ice skating.
I just found it bizzarre just bizarre.
I understand they post allot with her & her best friend SA to influence/ gaslight public opinion but why isn't there one actual photo showing Chloe with AW??

I have wondered often, with KSW being a lawyer, if MW took too much for granted and did not do his due diligence prior to taking on this case and being such a oh so very public spokesperson.

But what do I know? Just a random thought.

Edit: misplaced comma

Given the ongoing crisis with the coronavirus, and all the travel restrictions, I wonder what will happen with SA’s hearing currently scheduled for the 19th in PR.

I’m assuming it will be postponed, unless something like this can be done via teleconference.

Given the ongoing crisis with the coronavirus, and all the travel restrictions, I wonder what will happen with SA’s hearing currently scheduled for the 19th in PR.

I’m assuming it will be postponed, unless something like this can be done via teleconference.
I was wondering same. Is it possible they could do it remotely, via Skype or however they do that these days?

I was wondering same. Is it possible they could do it remotely, via Skype or however they do that these days?

The Courts in Puerto Rico are operating under their emergency protocol. They will be conducting video conferencing for cases that are non-evidentiary. The cases that cannot be done through video conference will be given a time slot as to not have a lot of people together at the same time.

Flights between Puerto Rico and the states are operating normally at this time.

The case is still on the docket for March 19th.

We’ll see if anything changes as Puerto Rico had the first oficial positive cases of Covid-19 today.

Portal de la Rama Judicial de Puerto Rico

The Courts in Puerto Rico are operating under their emergency protocol. They will be conducting video conferencing for cases that are non-evidentiary. The cases that cannot be done through video conference will be given a time slot as to not have a lot of people together at the same time.

Flights between Puerto Rico and the states are operating normally at this time.

The case is still on the docket for March 19th.

We’ll see if anything changes as Puerto Rico had the first oficial positive cases of Covid-19 today.

Portal de la Rama Judicial de Puerto Rico

Ok, thank you so much, LRivera. We really appreciate this helpful information.

Activity on the civil docket: Jury trial is officially set for 12/21/20. There are several administrative orders added, nothing really of any interest here. The motion to dismiss is still under consideration.

Video hearings are definitely a thing but I suspect that SA would still have to travel to PR to do it. They're typically done on a "closed"/secured system so Skype wouldn't cut it, but I don't know enough about the technology to know if courts in different jurisdictions can access other feeds.

For example in my county overnights/weekends/holidays have on-call arraignments. Every 4 hours there's one judge assigned to handle any arrests that need to be arraigned in the county. Instead of having to transport all over the place the cops take the people to a local department that has livescan capabilities and the proceedings are done there via video link-up with the court. I think there's only maybe 5-7 out of some 50 police departments that actually have the setup. For some, it's still a 15 min drive with a prisoner/s, but it's better then schelping them 45 minutes across the damn county like they used to.

The Governor of Puerto Rico issued an order today for all government and private businesses to close until March 30th. She also implemented a curfew from 9pm to 5 am. Only essential services employees will be exempt from this order. That includes the courts. As of now the Courts will operate normally on Monday, March 16. (Rama Judicial de Puerto Rico - twitter feed). We will see if this changes.
Note: according to the press release the court says that any person who cannot make it to court, due to the current Covid-19 emergency, can communicate it to them for re-scheduling.
Flights are still operating normally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EasyFiling
Back