GUILTY In - Halee Rathgeber, 20, Fatally Shot, Warrick County, 24 April 2017 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE has not stated whether she was shot where she was found but the coroner says she died there. LE also thought it was blunt force trauma and did not know she was shot until the autopsy. We don't have a time of death.

We could use a verified insider, a press conference from LE, etc. I know that I would like to get a better sense of whether LE has an idea of who did this.

SNIPPED AND BBM-- I am working on this LOL ( One of my friends lives there and has young adults same age, etc) I am trying to get her to join us but she is a busy, busy person so not sure how long it will take, if she even decides to do so.

BBM-- I am working on this LOL ( One of my friends lives there and has young adults same age, etc) I am trying to get her to join us but she is a busy, busy person so not sure how long it will take, if she even decides to do so.

I think it's a quick chat with Tricia or a mod. Would be really great to hear the on-the-ground chatter! I hope to God they arrest someone soon.

I wasn't sure if it was ok to link this, but based on the other posts I've been seeing, it would seem so.

TR was a victim of a beating last August:

http://media.jrn.com/documents/MEDIA(10).pdf

He claims he was set up, which makes me wonder if it was related to the rape in July.

Just curious why everyone is discussing TR so much other than he's the boyfriend of one of her best friends and not a nice character. But why is he related to the death of Halee?

Just curious why everyone is discussing TR so much other than he's the boyfriend of one of her best friends and not a nice character. But why is he related to the death of Halee?
It is merely speculation at this point.

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk

Understood (and yes, he's a sleeze-biscuit) but... isn't sleuthing "friends" against TOS?

I don't consider MSM reporting the arrest of an alleged serial rapist in the area exactly "sleuthing friends." No one has mentioned a name and everyone has actually been really careful to guard the privacy of friends. [FONT=&quot]¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/FONT]

So, for clarification please, is TR an ex-bf of Halee's? Just a friend? Raping and sexual assualting impaired women is one thing...shooting someone is something else. Sheesh, he needs to be neutered!

Statement from the Warrick County Prosecutor on FB:

[FONT=&quot]A young lady, Halee Rathgeber, tragically had her life taken from her in our county late Sunday, early Monday of this week. While our law enforcement is diligently pursuing all leads to apprehend the person or persons involved in this senseless crime, we have reason to believe that there are individuals who may have relevant information which will assist the investigation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anyone with any information is strongly encouraged to contact the 100% anonymous tip line WeTip at 1-800-78-CRIME. There is absolutely no way that law enforcement or anyone else will ever be able to learn the identity of citizens who provide information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please help bring those responsible for taking Halee's life to justice.

Link: [/FONT]
https://www.facebook.com/TennysonCommunityObserver/posts/171868490814757

Halee's obituary. Beautifully written.

[FONT=clear_sans_regular]Halee Denise Rathgeber, 20, of Newburgh, IN was tragically taken on Monday, April 24th. She was born on December 3rd, 1996 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Evansville, IN to Tharon Rathgeber and Heather Raber-Collins.

[/FONT]
[FONT=clear_sans_regular]Halee graduated in the top of her class from Castle High School with Honors in 2015. She was a two-time recipient of the Presidential award and a member of the National Honor Society. Halee was a second year Nursing student at the University of Southern Indiana and was on the Dean’s list every semester she attended USI. Halee’s dream of becoming a nurse came from a life-threatening blood disorder, which resulted in a coma, and from that she had the desire to become a nurse and help others from the help she received during that time.
[/FONT]

[FONT=clear_sans_regular]Halee took pride in her work in the community with the Veterans Administration and St. Mary’s Hospital. Halee spent her high school years working for Donut Bank in Newburgh, and during her time in college, she enjoyed working with her Texas Roadhouse family. The biggest part of her heart belonged to her love for her two sisters, Emilee and Kylee Rathgeber. She was their leader and role model and they will be forever lost without her but will carry on in her honor. Her immense love for her aunt Cheri and uncle Harlan changed their lives and they will forever be broken. In her spare time, Halee devoted herself to helping friends and family in any way she could.
[/FONT]

[FONT=clear_sans_regular]Halee had an infectious smile that would light up a room, and a caring heart that was unmatched. She lived by the motto of “love everyone…for no reason at all.” Her determination and strength was obvious to everyone that knew her. Even though Halee spent a lot of her time working, she took great pride in her schoolwork as well. To her, failure was never an option.[/FONT]

http://www.titzerfuneralhomes.com/page/10609/Obituaries?action=search&record=4

From what I've seen, TR and Halee's best friends boyfriend have the same first name, but they look like 2 totally different ppl.

TR has 3 different Facebook accounts and a Twitter that all seem rather inactive in the past few years. But he looks nothing like that girls boyfriend. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't consider MSM reporting the arrest of an alleged serial rapist in the area exactly "sleuthing friends." No one has mentioned a name and everyone has actually been really careful to guard the privacy of friends. [FONT=&quot]¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/FONT]
First- anyone can and should report a post to mods if they suspect a violation of TOS.

Second- I've been feeling uncertain enough about this that I took some time to review relevant TOS. Snippets below. If anyone else sees additional relevant TOS please share.

[Do] not post any messages that are knowingly false and/or defamatory, obscene, vulgar, inappropriate sexual content not viable to the discussion, hateful, threatening, invasion of a person's privacy or otherwise violation of any laws.

Please note that Websleuths is a victim friendly forum therefore we do not permit name calling of victims. Please tread carefully in this area. Discussion of victims and families is permitted but name calling and foundless accusations will not be allowed.

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.
*Family members of either a victim or a suspect
*Friends of either a victim or a suspect
*Most any other individual
*Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.
*Any exception must first be approved by an administrator.

Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say I was really happy to see today that the for Halee surpassed the goal. I think there's a lot of attention on this case and I hope the focus stays on it until they have a suspect in custody.

Finally got caught up with the thread. I'm from Evansville (born and raised) so if anyone has questions about the area in general, feel free to ask. As some have pointed out, yes, it does appear that we have high crime, however, it's mostly clustered in the same areas and IMO, it's mostly drug related. I'm don't believe that's the case with Halee, just wanted to point it out. For reference, here's a map of shots fired calls in 2014. Now keep in mind that some "shots fired" calls turn out to be nothing (fireworks, backfiring car, etc) but this will tell you in general where the high crime areas are.

Shots Fired Map Jan_Dec 2014.jpg

FWIW, Halee's apartment (she lived at Anchor Court apts according to a photo she posted on Twitter) is located in the lower left hand corner of W2 on this map. Not a particularly high-crime area according to that map, however, a more recent search on the EPD crime map shows a lot more crime in that area although it's mostly vandalism and theft rather than violent crime.

past year crime in neighborhood.jpg

Halee has 4 cases listed on Doxpop/Indiana MyCase: 3 traffic violations and an underage alcohol consumption charge. They all have a Newburgh address, I'm assuming it's her parents house. It's about 3 miles from where she was found. Interestingly, all 4 cases are in different counties: Vanderburgh (Evansville), Gibson (Princeton area), Posey (Mount Vernon more than likely, it's very close to USI) and Marion (Indianapolis).

It was mentioned previously that her car was broken into in 2016 but according to her Twitter page, her car was broken into in 2015 as well.

[video=twitter;585959443734618113]https://twitter.com/haleerathgeber/status/585959443734618113[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back