Found Deceased IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Image from the FBI's page, sorry if already posted, still catching up but in case I forget:

attachment.php

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams

Attachments

• large.jpg
    large.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 852
I don't think it has to have her teetering on the edge of the bridge if she was standing on one of the side platforms.

BBM & Snipped for space

:facepalm: Side platform. Your rendering brings the theory into focus now for me. I believe LE estimated the distance between Libby and the BG. I'm assuming you have all those numbers as well.

Ok so here's another may I pick your brain....some feel LE was in a rush to get the images out and overlooked the (possible) Abby sleeve. Would do you think of that? I have always felt they wouldn't have been that sloppy. JMO

Thanks, wasn't sure if you were aware of the other photo since they are only distributing the one where he is leaning.
Thanks. I was curious why, ISP initially put out two photos on Feb 15th, then only the first photo was ever used by them afterwards. Maybe the blue thing in the left side of the 2nd image would be too much distraction for the public. and here we are speculating about it ! :)

If you don't mind if I ask and I may have missed this Q/A already, but what causes the square outline on his left leg in image 2 from your link?

Not sure exactly, but there are multiple things contributing:
  • the light dark edge is definitely where his leg goes from sun to shade
  • the apparent rectangular shape could reasonably be due to video compression which tends to favor vertical and horizontal patterns over diagonal patterns
  • he could have something in his pocket that is rectangular in shape

Thanks. Others with expertise have also opined video compression. It's difficult to tell one's brain that when the eye is seeing an obvious rectangular pattern that looks 3D. :thinking:

Thanks. I was curious why, ISP initially put out two photos on Feb 15th, then only the first photo was ever used by them afterwards. Maybe the blue thing in the left side of the 2nd image would be too much distraction for the public. and here we are speculating about it ! :)

Not sure exactly, but there are multiple things contributing:
  • the light dark edge is definitely where his leg goes from sun to shade
  • the apparent rectangular shape could reasonably be due to video compression which tends to favor vertical and horizontal patterns over diagonal patterns
  • he could have something in his pocket that is rectangular in shape

I think it would be hard to calculate his height from her even if that is part of her hoodie unless you know how far apart they are. It looks like you used parallel lines for your comparison, but that's not taking perspective into account. The farther away the object is, the closer together the two lines would be. The bottom of the blue line would also be closer to the ground if it were her, unless there was quite a bit if distance between the bottom of the line and the part of the bridge you can see (she's close, but we're seeing a more distant part of the bridge.

I guess I'll stop at that, I think I'm probably causing more confusion with everything I say trying to clarify!

MOO

You are correct :) I was assuming an orthographic type camera when drawing those lines instead of a pinhole type perspective view.

I've been under the assumption (might be wrong) that the cropped BG images were part of a much larger camera field of view --> the BG crop has small angular extent

If you interested to test out different scenarios, I am happy to share the 3D CAD file for Blender (www.blender.org, its free). An example 3D render is in a post I made about 30 minutes ago on this forum showing it, and my assumption of BG being a very small part of the overall field of view.

Close examination of the two ISP released BG images indicate they may have been scanned by a flatbed type scanner, due to the nature of the high frequency vertical and horizontal lines in the images (a form of aliasing when scanning a printed photo).

Without going into a gory detailed explanation, I wanted to put it out there.

How the images came to be probably doesn't impact anything in the investigation, however I wanted to put my opinion out there in case it triggered a thought in someone. If so, I can explain with some examples why I think so. I verified at home myself by printing a picture, and scanning it back in with my own flatbed scanner.

Given your expertise, do you think the final result (ISP pic) is more or less likely to be close to the original video image that the still was created from. People have wondered why no one (supposedly) has identified this person and I'm curious just how true --considering the amount of distortion, compression, etc-that image is to the original if that makes sense.

Close examination of the two ISP released BG images indicate they may have been scanned by a flatbed type scanner, due to the nature of the high frequency vertical and horizontal lines in the images (a form of aliasing when scanning a printed photo).

Without going into a gory detailed explanation, I wanted to put it out there.

How the images came to be probably doesn't impact anything in the investigation, however I wanted to put my opinion out there in case it triggered a thought in someone. If so, I can explain with some examples why I think so. I verified at home myself by printing a picture, and scanning it back in with my own flatbed scanner.

I am just going to re-post some of my edited results to have them in this thread, if that's okay.

-Nin

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• poi geo marked.jpg
    poi geo marked.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 896
  • poi pouch3CON.jpg
    poi pouch3CON.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 876
attachment.php

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• INDIANA  marked shoes poi-media2.jpg
    INDIANA marked shoes poi-media2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 849
  • INDIANA  marked shoes left poi-media2.jpg
    INDIANA marked shoes left poi-media2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 848
I see a full head of bushy hair. No hat. a very distinguishable , thick, full head of hair. It looks to be a cowlick or center part in the top center of his head, bangs combed forward. Could even be a wig I guess.

No fair, shifferbrainz, now all I see in that piccie is Rod Blagojevich!

Apparently he and his full head of hair remain in custody.

Pic of area in front of POI/BG, possible purse?

attachment.php
attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• indiana detail inside edition.jpg
    indiana detail inside edition.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,245
  • indiana detail 2color.png
    indiana detail 2color.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,249
Straightened up images and blend together to show details:

Ref points:

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• POI-straight-cleaned-up.gif
    POI-straight-cleaned-up.gif
    223.7 KB · Views: 839
  • poi correct alignment.jpg
    poi correct alignment.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 833
attachment.php

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• indiana gloves.jpg
    indiana gloves.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 923
  • indiana gloves large.jpg
    indiana gloves large.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 920
attachment.php

Picture credit Daily Mail

-Nin

Attachments

• Indiana poi exact location.jpg
    Indiana poi exact location.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,165
attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• indiana poi shirt logo layer 0.png
    indiana poi shirt logo layer 0.png
    283.6 KB · Views: 900
Given your expertise, do you think the final result (ISP pic) is more or less likely to be close to the original video image that the still was created from. People have wondered why no one (supposedly) has identified this person and I'm curious just how true --considering the amount of distortion, compression, etc-that image is to the original if that makes sense.

My opinion is the images released by ISP are similar to the original video image data, except for the following differences:
  • some amount of digital zoom (no new information, but larger image) has been done
  • there appear to be some aliasing artifacts present which might be due to a print and re-scanning process

Performing a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) shows the spatial frequencies where most of the image content is and can used to establish what the resolution of the original images from the video were.

Best I can tell, is the ISP image that appears rotated, and was released on Feb 15th was resized 3x larger than it's original resolution in the video. The 2nd image ISP released on Feb 15th appears to be 2x larger in size than it's original resolution in the video, based on looking at each image's FFT result.

Left hand side is RGB image from ISP, right hand side is FFT result of the Green band only.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you understand FFT's, feel free to critique my analysis, I am open minded about it.

If you resize the images down by a factor of 3x and 2x respectively, you would likely have images that were very close to the original crops from the video that LE retrieved. They would look like this:

ISP image #1 downsampled 3X to native video resolution:
attachment.php

ISP image #2 downsampled 2X to native video resolution:
attachment.php

Sorry for the long post, but that is what you get from me when I start talking image stuff

Attachments

• fft1.PNG
    fft1.PNG
    499.9 KB · Views: 1,041
  • fft2.PNG
    fft2.PNG
    313.4 KB · Views: 1,024
  • image1.png
    image1.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,022
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,036
This one seems to be the 2nd image from the ISP Feb 15th release, but cropped slightly on the left and
"Photoshopped" for TV to fill the left and right sides of the screen extent.

Therefore, I don't think its simply a narrow dark vertical sliver hanging out in free space as the Inside Edition screenshot implies.

Pic of area in front of POI/BG, possible purse?

attachment.php
attachment.php

-Nin

This one seems to be the 2nd image from the ISP Feb 15th release, but cropped slightly on the left and
"Photoshopped" for TV to fill the left and right sides of the screen extent.

Therefore, I don't think its simply a narrow dark vertical sliver hanging out in free space as the Inside Edition screenshot implies.

Yes, I agree it was cloned and filled. However, the sliver is possibly showing more detail. I am wondering, if they had a better original to go by. I am specifically looking at those rings or rivets on that vertical line. Could it be a purse?

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member