Found Deceased IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding to my previous post:

I am looking for the availability of the InsideEdition video. The image I worked on came straight from that video. The sliver was there, just the areas left and right looked cloned in. Unless they erased the original sliver and accidentally created this one through he cloning process, I have no idea. I could not locate the original area from which they could have cloned the existing sliver, if this is what happened.

-Nin

Here is the original POI/BG picture:

attachment.php

Here is the enlarged detail, the "sliver". I see a possible ellbow? The rings or rivets are visible in the original pic and this enlargement as well:

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

Attachments

• poi original1.jpg
    poi original1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 936
  • poi original enlarged detail.jpg
    poi original enlarged detail.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 928

I am looking for the availability of the InsideEdition video. The image I worked on came straight from that video. The sliver was there, just the areas left and right looked cloned in. Unless they erased the original sliver and accidentally created this one through he cloning process, I have no idea. I could not locate the original area from which they could have cloned the existing sliver, if this is what happened.

-Nin

The InsideEdition video on youtube. Funny, the cover does not show the "sliver", but the video does and it looks the same (more detailed ?) like in the originally published ISP image:

[video=youtube;a8xq5KgKHyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8xq5KgKHyE[/video]

Yeah agree.

I can't see anything in the inverted print because he looks like he's wearing a yellow jumpsuit to me. Its just too blurry and to yellow for me to see any detail.

But I know its good for others to see stuff.

LOL~~Just getting caught up. Had to get some R&R time after a long and grueling tax season.

I can't wait to hear this is in a Yellow or Orange jumpsuit. It's only a matter of time. :jail:

Yes, I agree it was cloned and filled. However, the sliver is possibly showing more detail. I am wondering, if they had a better original to go by. I am specifically looking at those rings or rivets on that vertical line. Could it be a purse?

-Nin

Or a backpack ?

attachment.php

Picture credit Daily Mail

-Nin
Thanks! Great post it to me seems he was closer to the end and the girls were possibly off the bridge. At this point Libby started recording for whatever reasons. Possibly because she didn't feel right about this person. I think she caught Abby's inside edge of her hoodie and it's been snipped or cropped out out of respect for the victims. However, not completely, the picture with the dark side area the one not on FBIs website? I forget without looking.

Here is the original POI/BG picture:

attachment.php

Here is the enlarged detail, the "sliver". I see a possible ellbow? The rings or rivets are visible in the original pic and this enlargement as well:

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

Looks like a leather jacket to me...Could mean 2 perps????

I don't think it has to have her teetering on the edge of the bridge if she was standing on one of the side platforms.. I have a 3D model of the bridge and terrain and two people that I did my best guess about how people were positioned. I may be very off on the positions, you can tell me what you think.

Here is a generic 3D from the CAD program (Blender is what I use). showing the camera position (black trapazoid, pt of it is where the camera is), and two people about the height of BG, one further along ahead

attachment.php

and here is a render, notional iPhone video frame with no zoom (1x). If she was standing on the side platform she could catch BG on the edge of the video frame. Which would explain the poor resolution of what ISP provided.

attachment.php

There is most definitely a better position for the 2nd object (person?) ahead of BG that would get VERY close to what LE released showing something blue at the edge.

However showing that geometrically and camera-wise it is possible, doesn't make it true.

If anyone here knows how to use Blender 3D, I am happy to share the scene file and you can generate different scenarios. Or you can give me different ideas and I can test them out.

what do you think? this is all just guesses on positions and camera orientation by me.

I use 3D Max ... I think blender can be exported as an fbx file format then imported to Max. I would be interested in exploring the animation file.

Nin, if you posted this before, I surely missed it because this one is very telling.
Are we to assume that Libby was either off the bridge or on that last platform when taking this? Is this based on the Gray Hughes vid? Have you calculated the distance between the tree limb reference to the end of the bridge? This image supports Michael's rendering earlier in the thread.

attachment.php

Picture credit Daily Mail

-Nin

-Nin

Is this the video? http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-indiana-murder-mystery-as-reward-reaches-50g

ETA: Looks like you found the video you were looking for on YouTube.

Michael, thank you for answering my constant questions. Call me curious :D as I'm always trying to learn something new.

If I may ask one more, are you able to discern if LE took out any objects from the image?

My opinion is the images released by ISP are similar to the original video image data, except for the following differences:
  • some amount of digital zoom (no new information, but larger image) has been done
  • there appear to be some aliasing artifacts present which might be due to a print and re-scanning process

Performing a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) shows the spatial frequencies where most of the image content is and can used to establish what the resolution of the original images from the video were.

Best I can tell, is the ISP image that appears rotated, and was released on Feb 15th was resized 3x larger than it's original resolution in the video. The 2nd image ISP released on Feb 15th appears to be 2x larger in size than it's original resolution in the video, based on looking at each image's FFT result.

Left hand side is RGB image from ISP, right hand side is FFT result of the Green band only.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you understand FFT's, feel free to critique my analysis, I am open minded about it.

If you resize the images down by a factor of 3x and 2x respectively, you would likely have images that were very close to the original crops from the video that LE retrieved. They would look like this:

ISP image #1 downsampled 3X to native video resolution:
attachment.php

ISP image #2 downsampled 2X to native video resolution:
attachment.php

Sorry for the long post, but that is what you get from me when I start talking image stuff

Michael, thank you for answering my constant questions. Call me curious :D as I'm always trying to learn something new.

If I may ask one more, are you able to discern if LE took out any objects from the image?

Thanks for asking this question. I'm wondering the same thing.
I also want to thank Michael for sharing his expertise and time. THANK YOU!!

I wonder if everyone could perhaps repost their enhanced images on here if they haven't done already. (Websight hint hint ) TIA

I use 3D Max ... I think blender can be exported as an fbx file format then imported to Max. I would be interested in exploring the animation file.

Cool! Excited to have someone else try it out.

Here is a shared Google Drive folder, with the .blend and .fbx exported, I hope the .fbx works for you and also imports the cameras and Sun angle also.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_1FoLT9JNVtWnFMN21pSHo2bXM

I tried to position the sun angle (zenith and azimuth) to be correct for 2:07 in the afternoon, local Delphi time for 2/13.

The ground plane is a mesh I created from LIDAR data, USGS LIDAR .las (both canopy and ground returns), used LASTools to seperate just the ground points, used LASTools to create OBJ triangulated interconnected network (TIN) of the LIDAR ground points. The bridge I created by hand, best guess at tie size and spacing, and width from GoogleEarth measurements

Lastly, my convention is +x is easting, +y is northing and +z up (ENU).

Haha, Good question.

My answer would be, we can detect whether LE took out objects from the image ONLY if they did so in an amatuer-ish way. As far as I can tell, they are un-changed, except for possibly being printed and then re-scanned back in at a finer resolution.

Yes, I agree it was cloned and filled. However, the sliver is possibly showing more detail. I am wondering, if they had a better original to go by. I am specifically looking at those rings or rivets on that vertical line. Could it be a purse?
-Nin

Definitely possible they had a better original to go by, however I would hope not (because I would be jealous! and wonder why media would have access to a better quality image than the public)

Zoomed in a little to help visually compare. see below.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ie.PNG
    ie.PNG
    139.6 KB · Views: 742
Michael.gartley .... I am very impressed with your work here, and the way you are able to explain so much about how a photo works. Impressions, shadows, lighting, type of camera, so many factors to consider. I have zero photographic knowledge so I sit back quietly, but I do read.

Thanks for for all the time you have put in, and for your patience with us who know so little

And thank you too all the other WS peeps who have shared it attempts, questions, and thoughts here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23