IN - Ke’Andre Jolly, 4, beaten to death by cousin Montrell Jolly, 33, for putting shoes on wrong feet - Aug 26, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Ebon

Former Member
Reaction score

KeAndre-Shamar-Jolly.jpeg

A young Indiana boy was brutally beaten to death by his cousin because the child put his shoes on the wrong feet, the Journal & Courier reports.

The disturbing allegations are contained in court records obtained by the newspaper, which reported that prosecutors on Friday charged 33-year-old Montrell Dionte Jolly in connection with the death of his cousin, 4-year-old Ke’Andre Shamar Jolly.

A young Indiana boy was brutally beaten to death by his cousin because the child put his shoes on the wrong feet, the Journal & Courier reports.

The disturbing allegations are contained in court records obtained by the newspaper, which reported that prosecutors on Friday charged 33-year-old Montrell Dionte Jolly in connection with the death of his cousin, 4-year-old Ke’Andre Shamar Jolly.

I shall follow this case IF you help me on the hearing dates! :) Let me know!

I shall follow this case IF you help me on the hearing dates! :) Let me know!

Prosecutors charged Montrell Jolly on Friday with murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in catastrophic injury, aggravated battery and battery resulting in death to a person younger than 14 years old. If convicted of murder, Montrell Jolly faces a sentence of between 45 and 65 years in prison. If convicted of being a habitual offender, it can add up to 20 additional years to his sentence.

His initial hearing is at 2 p.m. Monday.

Police arrested Jolly on July 31 on a petition to revoke his probation. He has been in jail without bond since then. He has a hearing Wednesday on the petition to revoke his probation on his August 2022 conviction for possession of meth.

OMG. There’s got to be much more to this story.

From the link - Warning!! Graphic!!!

Investigators at the home discovered blood on a counter and sink in a bathroom, damage to the exterior of the bathroom door, blood stains on multiple walls and what appeared to be three small blunts of suspected marijuana.

Montrell Dionte Jolly allegedly told police that he was attempting to discipline the boy by forcing him to squat against a wall for a prolonged period. He allowed the child to use the bathroom but grew angry when the boy sat down to urinate instead of standing up, prosecutors allege, according to the newspaper.

Authorities say Jolly then forced the boy to continue squatting against the wall. Jolly claims he later found the boy unresponsive on the floor and attempted to resuscitate him using cold water

Monday, August 28th:
*Initial Appearance Hearing (@ 2pm CT) - IN - Ke’Andre Shamar Jolly (4) was brutally beaten to death by his cousin because the child put his shoes on the wrong feet on July 28, 2023, Lafayette & died on August 1, 2023. *Montrell Jolly (33) arrested (7/31/23) & charged (8/25/23) with murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in catastrophic injury, aggravated battery & battery resulting in death to a person younger than 14 years old.
Police arrested Jolly on July 31 on a petition to revoke his probation. He has been in jail without bond since then. He has a hearing Wednesday on the petition to revoke his probation on his August 2022 conviction for possession of meth.
Jolly faces a sentence of between 45 & 65 years in prison. If convicted of being a habitual offender, it can add up to 20 additional years to his sentence. An autopsy revealed the boy suffered blunt force trauma to his head and had internal & external cuts.

8/25/23 Update: Jolly's initial hearing is on Monday, 8/28/23 @ 2pm.

Investigators at the home discovered blood on a counter and sink in a bathroom, damage to the exterior of the bathroom door, blood stains on multiple walls and what appeared to be three small blunts of suspected marijuana.

Montrell Dionte Jolly allegedly told police that he was attempting to discipline the boy by forcing him to squat against a wall for a prolonged period. He allowed the child to use the bathroom but grew angry when the boy sat down to urinate instead of standing up, prosecutors allege, according to the newspaper.

Authorities say Jolly then forced the boy to continue squatting against the wall. Jolly claims he later found the boy unresponsive on the floor and attempted to resuscitate him using cold water

Always with the cold water, or an ice bath after they have beaten a child to death.
Always the same old story.
I'm so sick of hearing it.

Sleep tight little one, you're safe now. X

LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Montrell Dionte Jolly faces a murder charge for the second time in his 33 years of life.

Jolly appeared for his initial hearing Monday for Tippecanoe County charges of murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in catastrophic injuries, aggravated battery and battery resulting in death to a person younger than 14. He also faces a sentence-enhancing charge of being a habitual offender.

At his initial hearing, Jolly stood in front of the camera at the jail, his arms crossed, while Tippecanoe County Magistrate Sarah Wyatt at the courthouse read the charges and possible penalties if he is convicted, including between 45 and 65 years in prison for murder and possibly an additional eight to 20 years in prison if he's convicted of being a habitual offender.
[snip]
Jolly has been in jail without bond since July 31, when police arrested him on a warrant on a petition to revoke his probation on a possession of meth conviction. His evidentiary hearing on that petition is Wednesday.
[snip]
In January 2011, Jolly was charged with two counts of murder, two counts of robbery and two counts of assisting a criminal for a January 2009 killing in Lake County. He pleaded guilty to one count of assisting a criminal and other charges were dismissed.
4-year-old's accused killer faces up to 85 years in prison if convicted

Can someone tell me how this methed up dude came to have his precious 4 year old nephew in his care and custody in the first place?? Seriously, who thought it was a smart move to leave this baby in this career criminal's hands??

Damn that graphic description of where the blood was located put an image in my head that I now can't unsee.

Disciplining for putting shoes on wrong feet and using the bathroom sitting down. Has this person never been around a child? These are normal activities for any child. Why would he need discipline for anything??

This poor little boy, doing what a four year-old should do but for some reason being punished. He must’ve been so confused and scared. This makes me so upset. Sad. Angry. Heartbroken.

I’m so sorry Ke’Andre. You deserved better. Rest in peace little angel.

JMO

@FrostedGlass - any new hearing dates yet? TIA! :)
79D02-2308-MR-000008

08/28/2023Indigent Counsel Appointed at County Expense
08/28/2023Court Sets Bond
No bond
Judicial Officer: Wyatt, Sarah M. - MAG
Party: Jolly, Montrell Dionte
11/17/2023Pretrial Conference
Session: 11/17/2023 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
12/12/2023Jury Trial
Session: 12/12/2023 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P

@Niner Would you like me to follow this case?

Charges​

Show all charge details
0107/28/202335-42-1-1(1): Murder
0207/28/202335-46-1-4(a)(1)/F1: Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Catastrophic Injury-Def. is at least 18 yrs
0307/28/202335-42-2-1.5/F1:Aggravated Battery Use when def. is at least 18 years old, assault possess a substant
0407/28/202335-42-2-1(c)(1)/F2: Battery w/ Death to a Person Under 14 Years Old

79D02-2308-MR-000008

08/28/2023Indigent Counsel Appointed at County Expense
08/28/2023Court Sets Bond
No bond
Judicial Officer: Wyatt, Sarah M. - MAG
Party: Jolly, Montrell Dionte
11/17/2023Pretrial Conference
Session: 11/17/2023 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
12/12/2023Jury Trial
Session: 12/12/2023 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P

Boy - kind of quick on the trial date! Good! :) and Thanks!

@Niner Would you like me to follow this case?

Charges​

Show all charge details
0107/28/202335-42-1-1(1): Murder
0207/28/202335-46-1-4(a)(1)/F1: Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Catastrophic Injury-Def. is at least 18 yrs
0307/28/202335-42-2-1.5/F1:Aggravated Battery Use when def. is at least 18 years old, assault possess a substant
0407/28/202335-42-2-1(c)(1)/F2: Battery w/ Death to a Person Under 14 Years Old

YES Please!! :)

edited to add - do you have a case #? Never mind I see it in the post before... :rolleyes:

Damn that graphic description of where the blood was located put an image in my head that I now can't unsee.
Well, I too now have an image in my head if what happened to that baby. sounds like he lost complete control. AND HE WAS PREVIOUSLY INCARCERATED FOR MURDER. I have no tolerance for this and it makes me angry- if only some of us could get our hand on him!!

Friday, November 17th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - IN - Ke’Andre Shamar Jolly (4) was brutally beaten to death by his cousin because the child put his shoes on the wrong feet on July 28, 2023, Lafayette & died on August 1, 2023. *Montrell Dionte Jolly (33) arrested (7/31/23) & charged (8/25/23) with murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in catastrophic injury, aggravated battery & battery resulting in death to a person younger than 14 years old. Held without bond.
Police arrested Jolly on July 31, 2023 on a petition to revoke his probation. He has been in jail without bond since then. He has a hearing Wednesday on the petition to revoke his probation on his August 2022 conviction for possession of meth.
An autopsy revealed the boy suffered blunt force trauma to his head and had internal & external cuts.
Trial set to begin on 12/12/23. Judge Steven P. Meyer presiding.

8/25/23 Update: Jolly's initial hearing is on Monday, 8/28/23 @ 2pm. 8/28/23 Update: Jolly appeared for his initial hearing Monday for Tippecanoe County charges of murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in catastrophic injuries, aggravated battery & battery resulting in death to a person younger than 14. He also faces a sentence-enhancing charge of being a habitual offender. Tippecanoe County Magistrate Sarah Wyatt read the charges & possible penalties if he is convicted, including between 45 & 65 years in prison for murder & possibly an additional eight to 20 years in prison if he's convicted of being a habitual offender. Judge Wyatt appointed a public defender for Jolly, who then asked for a bench trial. Judge Wyatt explained that any requests for a bench trial or a speedy trial would need to be in writing and from his attorney. Jolly clarified that he meant speedy trial, not bench trial. Judge Wyatt again explained he needed to consult with his public defender. Court sets no bond. Next pretrial conference on 11/17/23 @ 8:30am & trial set to begin on 12/12/23 @ 8:30am before Judge Steven P. Meyer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back