GUILTY IN - Kegan Anthony Kline, 27, arrested Aug 29, 2020, 30 Counts associated with CSAM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think we ALL have a false sense of security -- we take precautions -- it makes us feel like we are protected -- the girls were paired, their people knew where they were, it was daytime, public, just generally safe. Except for predators.

Predators work to exploit all those efforts.

I do not think Delphi was random. In the sense that I don't think the girls expected to meet anyone that day, but somebody expected to meet someone. Or two.

I think that, wholly unbeknownst to the girls, KAK pegged them that day. Both marking them (namely as young teen girls) and their location (heading to the bridge, unchaperoned). I think KAK turned his catfishing fetish into a catfishing enterprise, sharing data, sharing access, ultimately providing a grocery store for pedophiles among others to shop for specific items.

Somebody was looking for a girl or two...and IMO these two girls felt altogether safe, because they didn't know anyone was looking for them.

KAK crimes may be many, but at a minimum, I think he was a portal five years ago.

JMO
I sure hope LE techs can figure out that anthony_shots account inside and out. Why he flew under the radar for 3 years before he was arrested is a story that needs explanation. The place he called home and his electronics were scrutinized but he skated on by...why?

If this anthony_shots account turns out to be a hub of activity for other offenders, why were they so successful at eluding detection for so long? AJMO

Yes, I don’t think he killed them, but he’s probably the roadmap to the killer.
I feel fairly certain whatever he wiped off that one phone before he turned it over to police had to do with Delphi. Why else would he do that? LE had already found child *advertiser censored* on his other devices so why would he care if LE found a little bit more.
Is it for certain LE found child *advertiser censored* on his devices back in 2017? Has LE actually said that or court documents?

Thankfully, I am not at all familiar with the type of operation KAK was 'running'? Do "perverts" pay KAK in order to use/review his fake profile to obtain photos, etc?
Being also completely unfamiliar with this type of “operation”, so purely speculating here, but I would envision that sort of direct transactional arrangement as potentially pretty risky. It could be traceable or even part of a sting by authorities. I would guess a barter system would be utilized at a way of determining a level of trust and (sickly) as a “value exchange”. Granted we, thankfully, see criminals make mistakes, esp. those who have been caught. I have to hope this investigation leads to others via forensic investigation, or as a part of the accused trying to deal with one’s own prosecution.

I sure hope LE techs can figure out that anthony_shots account inside and out. Why he flew under the radar for 3 years before he was arrested is a story that needs explanation. The place he called home and his electronics were scrutinized but he skated on by...why?

If this anthony_shots account turns out to be a hub of activity for other offenders, why were they so successful at eluding detection for so long? AJMO
IMO, the beauty of the "dark web" allows for some anonymity, I am not saying that is what happened here, but I think it is possible. Similar cases I have read about, sometimes LE runs a sting to see how big a net can be cast. That may take some time. IMO

Because he's a bottom feeder. Perhaps they had warrants, tracking him. As long as he wasn't meeting any girls or creating the worst of *advertiser censored*, he may have been more valuable to LE outside of jail than in. There's a big ugly network of deviants who've been enabled by the internet. I have to believe, out of jail, he continued to be a backdoor for LE to unearth a growing underbelly of awfulness.

I think this is an active investigation with many layers.

JMO

I would love to go ding ding ding to all the post made today. LE cast a large net and now they have a large office, place to investigate and to unload the hideous content of that large net. When Carter said he hoped Libby and Abbey would be proud of what has been done I think he is alluding to the large catch they may make not just the answers the girl's family deserve and need.

Is it for certain LE found child *advertiser censored* on his devices back in 2017? Has LE actually said that or court documents?
Yes. The warrant is the best source for the actual data, but the article cited above says:

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/c...ploitation-case-keegan-kline-williams-german/
" ... Investigators seized six devices from Kline, including smartphones, a tablet and an iPod touch as part of the 2017 search warrant on the child *advertiser censored* case. [...] The iPod Touch was last used in May of 2015 and contained sexually explicit images of children, according to court documents. [...] A Samsung Galaxy phone, last used in June of 2015, contained sexually explicit images of children between 12 and 17 years old. [...] Another iPhone investigators found contained sexual images of children between 12 and 17, adults involved in sexual acts with children between the ages of 3 and 11, and images of drugs ..."

I'm still surprised that there haven't been news stories (that I can find, at least) about KAK as a person--what is known about his life, what neighbors say, that sort of thing.

IMO, the beauty of the "dark web" allows for some anonymity, I am not saying that is what happened here, but I think it is possible. Similar cases I have read about, sometimes LE runs a sting to see how big a net can be cast. That may take some time. IMO
So you think its more, right from the start, LE thinking KAK is obviously not the BG caught on video by Libby. His physically large silhouette simply couldn't have been hidden by those clothes, lets see what we can find out by not taking him off the streets right now?

Because he's a bottom feeder. Perhaps they had warrants, tracking him. As long as he wasn't meeting any girls or creating the worst of *advertiser censored*, he may have been more valuable to LE outside of jail than in. There's a big ugly network of deviants who've been enabled by the internet. I have to believe, out of jail, he continued to be a backdoor for LE to unearth a growing underbelly of awfulness.

I think this is an active investigation with many layers.

JMO
Boy oh boy I understand how that could be something LE might entertain but if my child's images were collected and shared by this horror during that time...ohhh I can't even say or go there...

Yes. The warrant is the best source for the actual data, but the article cited above says:

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/c...ploitation-case-keegan-kline-williams-german/
" ... Investigators seized six devices from Kline, including smartphones, a tablet and an iPod touch as part of the 2017 search warrant on the child *advertiser censored* case. [...] The iPod Touch was last used in May of 2015 and contained sexually explicit images of children, according to court documents. [...] A Samsung Galaxy phone, last used in June of 2015, contained sexually explicit images of children between 12 and 17 years old. [...] Another iPhone investigators found contained sexual images of children between 12 and 17, adults involved in sexual acts with children between the ages of 3 and 11, and images of drugs ..."

I'm still surprised that there haven't been news stories (that I can find, at least) about KAK as a person--what is known about his life, what neighbors say, that sort of thing.
Ok this all makes my blood boil and I want to know why KAK wasn't arrested and prosecuted back in 2017!? Did he all of a sudden back out of a confidential informant deal and that's why he was arrested this past November?

Ok this all makes my blood boil and I want to know why KAK wasn't arrested and prosecuted back in 2017!? Did he all of a sudden back out of a confidential informant deal and that's why he was arrested this past November?

I’m also wondering what caused his negotiations with the prosecution to fall through. This is not going to end well for him. If he knows something he needs to say it.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
Case 52C01-2008-F4-000254
Kline, Kegan Anthony

Charges

Show all charge details
01 05/17/2016 35-42-4-4(b)(4)(B)/F5: Child Exploitation with intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of any
02 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1
03 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1
04 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1
05 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
06 02/27/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
07 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
08 02/25/2017 35-44.1-2-2(a)(3)/F6: Obstruction of Justice def. knowingly or intentionally in an official proceedi
09 02/25/2017 35-44.1-2-2(a)(3)/F6: Obstruction of Justice def. knowingly or intentionally in an official proceedi
10 02/26/2017 35-44.1-2-2(a)(3)/F6: Obstruction of Justice def. knowingly or intentionally in an official proceedi
11 05/14/2016 35-42-4-4(c)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* possession of photos, etc. showing sexual conduct b
12 05/14/2016 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F5: Child Exploitation Disseminate, exhibit, or offer to do so; send or bring into I
13 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
14 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1
15 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
16 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
17 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1
18 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
19 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
20 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1).
21 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1).
22 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1).
23 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1
24 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F6: Possession of Child *advertiser censored*
25 02/17/2017 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F4: Child Exploitation enhanced by an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(c)(1).
26 07/14/2016 35-43-5-3.8(a)/F6: Synthetic Identity Deception def. knowingly obtains, possesses, transfers, uses s
27 05/14/2016 35-43-5-3.8(a)/F6: Synthetic Identity Deception def. knowingly obtains, possesses, transfers, uses s
28 05/14/2020 35-42-4-4(b)(2)/F5: Child Exploitation-Disseminate, exhibit, or offer to do so; send or bring into I
29 05/14/2016 35-42-4-6(c)/F5: Child Solicitation Solicitation is for sexual intercourse. Def is 21+ years old an
30 02/25/2017 35-42-4-4(d)/F5: Possession of Child *advertiser censored* with an aggravating factor found in 35-42-4-4(e)(1
I wonder why there aren’t more charges from other years. They basically let him loose for a few years after 2017 correct? If that’s the case pedophiles don’t turn off their impulses. Maybe he used burner phones that can’t be traced. Somehow though I think there is more we just don’t have privy to them (the additional charges) right now/YET.

moo.

What KAK has said...

Kline said police told him that the anthony_shots account was the last to communicate with Libby German before her murder. When MacDonald asked Kline if he talked to German on Feb. 13, 2017, Kline said, "That's what they said. That's what the police told me."

Kline said he is not sure if the search warrant police served him with in 2017 was connected to the Delphi murders or the child exploitation and child *advertiser censored* case.

"I had no clue. I asked them, 'Hey, what is this about?'" Kline told MacDonald.

When asked if he had any recollection of talking to Libby, Kline responded, "No, not at all. I told them 100 times. I've done everything they've wanted me to, and it's like they're just harassing me."

MacDonald said that Kline told her he gave police a DNA sample and a hair follicle sample.

When asked if if he had anything to do with the murders of Abby and Libby, Kline responded, "Not at all." When asked again if he was involved in the killings, Kline answers, "No, 100% not."

Kline told MacDonald he doesn't remember communicating with Libby and does not believe he will be charged in connection with the Delphi killings."

What LE has said...

"...On Feb. 27, 2017, Kline contacted police, claiming he had located his iPhone 5. Investigators said they found images of females posing nude, but investigators could not determine their ages. Investigators also found much of the data from Facebook, Instagram, MeetMe, Snapchat and Twitter had been deleted. A review of the phone found that hours after police released him the day they searched his home, Feb. 25, he had uninstalled and deleted Snapchat and Instagram. The following day, MeetMe was uninstalled and deleted. The browser search history had also been deleted the morning of Feb. 27 before the phone was turned in to authorities."

Kegan Kline jailhouse interview discusses Delphi murders case | wthr.com

Seems to me LE had KAK dead to rights in 2017 on child *advertiser censored* charges. Only possible reason(s) that come to mind that they didn't arrest him is...

He was only found with pictures and not communications with minors.

Instead of bringing charges, KAK agreed to become a confidential informant to help LE "search" his "world" to try and find information on who the Delphi killer(s) were.

The original devices LE confiscated must have convinced them he was not an active person to person threat to children, meaning no meet ups or online contacts, just sitting in his home on the computer...and not sharing just downloading?

That last phone he himself turned in had a lot deleted from it including Snapchat and MeetUp apps. I'm wondering if that phone wasn't checked as well as the the others?

It's possible, I suppose, that KAK became a kind of trusted source? Maybe when fresh eyes reviewed things, that last under-inspected phone (that must have been hidden fairly well to escape the search warrant) was throughly restored and was the only one using the anthony_shots account? LE finds that on the fresh-eyes review and info and LE actions unfold?

I'm using the question marks because it's all just my supposing.

On February 27, 2017 Kegan contacted ISP Cyber Crimes Unit and told them he located his Apple iPhone 5c that wasn’t taken during the warrant.
https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf

LE couldn't find the iPhone during the search. Did someone else have possession of the phone??? A friend? moo

Something about this is very, very, very weird. Why would he do this? I think there's some very creative wording in this document, as in it is not the whole truth. Perpetrators don't just say "wait wait wait, hold up! Here's more evidence against me on this phone!"

What KAK has said...

Kegan Kline jailhouse interview discusses Delphi murders case | wthr.com

He was only found with pictures and not communications with minors.

Instead of bringing charges, KAK agreed to become a confidential informant to help LE "search" his "world" to try and find information on who the Delphi killer(s) were.

The original devices LE confiscated must have convinced them he was not an active person to person threat to children, meaning no meet ups or online contacts, just sitting in his home on the computer...and not sharing just downloading?
RSBM

KAK lied during the interview. He's trying to play the victim by claiming LEO are harassing him.

KAK did meet with minors. I know of one, in particular. He met with one of Libby's younger friends as she's the one who introduced the a_shots acct to Libby.

GrayHughes has had possession of the child's communication with KAK since 2017 when she reported him to LEO. He's discussed it several times on his YT Channel since KAKs arrest.

KAK did not give them this last iPhone until he was able to delete the various information and apps you mentioned in the OP. Therefore, I'm puzzled over why they didn't charge him with interfering with an investigation.

RSBM

KAK lied during the interview. He's trying to play the victim by claiming LEO are harassing him.

KAK did meet with minors. I know of one, in particular. He met with one of Libby's younger friends as she's the one who introduced the a_shots acct to Libby.

GrayHughes has had possession of the child's communication with KAK since 2017 when she reported him to LEO. He's discussed it several times on his YT Channel since KAKs arrest.

KAK did not give them this last iPhone until he was able to delete the various information and apps you mentioned in the OP. Therefore, I'm puzzled over why they didn't charge him with interfering with an investigation.
I've no doubt KAK is not telling the whole truth about whether or not he contacted Libby through that anthony_shots account.

Only thing besides a very bad error on part of LE's techs of not finding that anthony_shots account on KAK's device, would have to be LE thinking they were using him in some way to find the killer only to be duped?

I'm as puzzled as you that such a deviant wasn't charged back in 2017.

Can you please link that Gray Hughes video where he says Libby's younger friend met with KAK and she told LE about it back in 2017. I've do not recall ever listened to that! A time stamp would be most appreciated too, GH's programs tend to be so very long, it's hard to find the time. TIA

I took another look at ISP’s statement they released about Kegan Kline after the anthony_shots information came out.
Some things that stuck out to me…

Your questions are certainly relevant as they relate to a long, complex, and extremely complicated murder investigation.
All those folks saying this wasn’t about Delphi, this would suggest otherwise I think.

We understand there was a period of time that passed between 2017 and 2020 when Kline was not arrested and incarcerated for Possession of Child *advertiser censored*. Once the Indiana State Police presented the criminal case to the Miami County Prosecutor in June of 2020, immediate action was taken by both the Indiana State Police and the Miami County Prosecutor’s Office, which ultimately resulted in Kline’s arrest.
LE acknowledges the delay in KAK’s arrest with no explanation given. “Once the ISP presented the criminal case…” Hmmmmm…

We do not believe that any person has done anything intentionally wrong
Ah…there’s the explanation! Let’s reverse engineer this sentence. What it really says is “Somebody or a group of somebodies, and we could name names but we won’t, did something wrong…i.e. messed up, forgot to do something, dropped the ball…but we don’t think they did it on purpose. We’re not completely convinced there was no intent but we’ll err on the side of what will cause us the least amount of grief. The person/persons responsible for this epic failure still works here as firing them would require us to take responsibility for it.”

Just my thoughts.

I took another look at ISP’s statement they released about Kegan Kline after the anthony_shots information came out.
Some things that stuck out to me…

Your questions are certainly relevant as they relate to a long, complex, and extremely complicated murder investigation.
All those folks saying this wasn’t about Delphi, this would suggest otherwise I think.

We understand there was a period of time that passed between 2017 and 2020 when Kline was not arrested and incarcerated for Possession of Child *advertiser censored*. Once the Indiana State Police presented the criminal case to the Miami County Prosecutor in June of 2020, immediate action was taken by both the Indiana State Police and the Miami County Prosecutor’s Office, which ultimately resulted in Kline’s arrest.
LE acknowledges the delay in KAK’s arrest with no explanation given. “Once the ISP presented the criminal case…” Hmmmmm…

We do not believe that any person has done anything intentionally wrong
Ah…there’s the explanation! Let’s reverse engineer this sentence. What it really says is “Somebody or a group of somebodies, and we could name names but we won’t, did something wrong…i.e. messed up, forgot to do something, dropped the ball…but we don’t think they did it on purpose. We’re not completely convinced there was no intent but we’ll err on the side of what will cause us the least amount of grief. The person/persons responsible for this epic failure still works here as firing them would require us to take responsibility for it.”

Just my thoughts.

Starry, you nailed it I think. I'm leaning towards someone dropped ball with that last phone that KAK turned over to LE days after the search warrant. LE must have missed finding it at the residence but it would seem maybe also missed exploring the device thoroughly or even at all?

There were so many devices confiscated together in that one day of the search warrant. When KAK actual came in and voluntarily gave them another it's possible it was of the same brand and therefore was subsequently overlooked by techs as already being searched?

If GH video has him saying a young girl came in to LE and gave them the anthony_shots info back in 2017...then I'm at a total loss of how that happened...unless someone involved deliberately disregarded what she was telling them.

Why KAK wasn't arrested for all the stuff he had and admitted to back in 2017...still an unknown, maybe he was an informant?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back