GUILTY IN - Kegan Anthony Kline, 27, arrested Aug 29, 2020, 30 Counts associated with CSAM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KAK's appeal:

Kegan A. Kline v. State of Indiana​

Case Number23A-CR-01975
CourtCourt of Appeals
TypeCR - Direct Appeals (Non Capital, Non-LWOP)
Filed08/25/2023
Status08/25/2023 , Pending (active)
ReferenceCase cross references
Original County Cause Number
52C012008F4254
RelatedLower Trial Court Case
52C01-2008-F4-000254
Is this your case?

Parties to the Case​

Show all party details
AppellantKline, Kegan A.
AppelleeState of Indiana

Chronological Case Summary​

08/25/2023Notice of Appeal Filed
Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 08/25/23
Attorney: James, Mark Francis
Party: Kline, Kegan A.
08/25/2023NOA Service to Trial Court
Serve: Trial Clerk 52- Miami
Serve: Trial Court Reporter 52 - Miami
Serve: Spahr, Timothy P.
Trial Court: Trial Clerk 52- Miami
08/25/2023Document Transmitted

He plead guilty to all charges. What is he appealing? His sentence?
I'm not a lawyer, but I think often appeals are filed routinely. I think in legal cases, it's like ... OK, you have to be OLD to remember this, but people who are old enough will remember passing a public phone, a coin-fed telephone in a booth, and checking the "coin return slot" to see if you were lucky enough to find coins a previous user forgot.

I think filing appeals automatically is the legal equivalent of checking to see if there's a coin in the slot--you MIGHT just get lucky.

BTW, when I was a lad, public phones in South Louisiana were still 5 cents until the 1970s or so. Keeping the price low as a populist thing by the state.

I'd prefer, instead of appeals, to see someone like KAK just accept whatever the court rules--"Yeah, I'm a miserable excuse for a human being, a child-harming slug, and I deserve the punishment." That probably doesn't happen often.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think often appeals are filed routinely. I think in legal cases, it's like ... OK, you have to be OLD to remember this, but people who are old enough will remember passing a public phone, a coin-fed telephone in a booth, and checking the "coin return slot" to see if you were lucky enough to find coins a previous user forgot.

I think filing appeals automatically is the legal equivalent of checking to see if there's a coin in the slot--you MIGHT just get lucky.

BTW, when I was a lad, public phones in South Louisiana were still 5 cents until the 1970s or so. Keeping the price low as a populist thing by the state.

I'd prefer, instead of appeals, to see someone like KAK just accept whatever the court rules--"Yeah, I'm a miserable excuse for a human being, a child-harming slug, and I deserve the punishment." That probably doesn't happen often.
Yep, I’m old enough to recall checking phone booths and vending machines for spare change. :D Until we became worried there were dirty hypodermic needles in the slots.:oops::eek: Then the phones were cut out and the booths mostly became urinals.

Wishing KAK about as much luck as he deserves.
Aka NONE.

jmo

Yep, I’m old enough to recall checking phone booths and vending machines for spare change. :D Until we became worried there were dirty hypodermic needles in the slots.:oops::eek: Then the phones were cut out and the booths mostly became urinals.

Wishing KAK about as much luck as he deserves.
Aka NONE.

jmo
Lol my brothers and I used to check gumball machine slots to see if we could find gimbals but only when our mom wasn’t looking. She lectured us about how filthy those gumball dispenser chutes were, and we weren’t allowed to have gum anyway.

Last edited:
He'll be about "retirement aged" when he gets out, only without working so no money saved up. I can't even imagine.
He'll be eligible for parole at some point in time, won't he?

I think his appeal will be really interesting. How many cases have we seen where they have stacked so many low-level felonies into what is just a couple years shy of a murder sentence?

I've never read studies on this or even heard opinions: Do other inmates view CSAM offenses in the same light as molesters, rapers and murderers of young teenagers?
It's the worst of the worst when it comes to children in prisoner's eyes.

In prison, fellow inmates derisively call pedophiles "chesters," "tree jumpers" and "short eyes."

Prison can be a menacing place for child molesters like the former Roman Catholic priest John Geoghan, who was killed in his cell Saturday — or for other alleged pedophile priests working their way through the criminal justice system.

"If you take out a sex offender like this former priest in Massachusetts, maybe the person who took him out thought he'd make a name of himself," said Margot Bach, a spokeswoman for California Department of Corrections. "Taking [a pedophile] out would gain [the killer] a lot more respect among the other inmates."

I think they are the most hated group. You can read/listen to more at these Goog search results:'

It's the worst of the worst when it comes to children in prisoner's eyes.

In prison, fellow inmates derisively call pedophiles "chesters," "tree jumpers" and "short eyes."

Prison can be a menacing place for child molesters like the former Roman Catholic priest John Geoghan, who was killed in his cell Saturday — or for other alleged pedophile priests working their way through the criminal justice system.

"If you take out a sex offender like this former priest in Massachusetts, maybe the person who took him out thought he'd make a name of himself," said Margot Bach, a spokeswoman for California Department of Corrections. "Taking [a pedophile] out would gain [the killer] a lot more respect among the other inmates."

I think they are the most hated group. You can read/listen to more at these Goog search results:'

Possibly because some prisoners were likely abused when they were children. Many did grow up in broken, abusive homes.

He'll be about "retirement aged" when he gets out, only without working so no money saved up. I can't even imagine.
Yes--and I don't feel even a TINY bit sorry for him. His crimes--which he admitted with a "guilty" plea--were heinous and inexcusable. Whatever happens to him in jail and after release (if he makes it) is his own fault, isn't it? People who don't abuse children and look at you-know-what, they don't go to jail. KAK had the same choice, good vs evil, and he made his choice. Right?

Yes--and I don't feel even a TINY bit sorry for him. His crimes--which he admitted with a "guilty" plea--were heinous and inexcusable. Whatever happens to him in jail and after release (if he makes it) is his own fault, isn't it? People who don't abuse children and look at you-know-what, they don't go to jail. KAK had the same choice, good vs evil, and he made his choice. Right?
He might regret being so vocal about Delphi, too. At this point, it doesn't really matter if he's connected or not, because with his own lies and statements, he's made it clear that LE treated him like he was. There might end up being some inmates who don't believe him and decide he's a child killer on top of his CSAM. That's also not a good look in prison, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back