GUILTY IN - Kegan Anthony Kline, 27, arrested Aug 29, 2020, 30 Counts associated with CSAM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, DC's presence today, not in uniform, spoke loudly to the judge, regardless if it had any bearing on the outcome. This was a significant case to the state. Jmo.

They stacked low level felonies right up to a low-end murder sentence, which is 45-65 years in IN. That's kind of surprising to me. It certainly sets a precedence for sentencing higher level sex crimes against children.
And since Indiana is in a statewide and the largest CSAM investigation it's ever had...I'd venture to say this is going to bolster prosecutors and terrify abusers.

LG should've been able to make an impact statement. We don't know the nature of the communication between.KAK as A_S and LG but any communication with this exploiter is disturbing, how ever big or small.

She didn't get that chance.

And I think he sold her out --

To her death.

He is no harmless lonely heart.

Jmo

Correct. I was inquiring about the tweet (bold) you posted earlier. See below:
However, the other tweet may explain it, even though it's confusing. Thanks!

"Cecil says Tony Kline (Kegan's father) had profile information on a couple of the electronic devices confiscated by police."

He had an account on KAK's phones. I can't remember if it was email or something else.

From Kokomo Tribune (link won't work):

But it was during a written statement that Kline read to the court that the 29-year-old became emotional.

“I take full responsibility for my actions,” Kline stated, wiping away tears. “… It was selfish. I’m truly sorry.”

Kline added that he knew his actions were wrong, but he said he was depressed at the time, citing molestation as a child and an abusive father as reasons for that depression.

“I tell you that not as an excuse but to explain the person I’ve become today,” Kline noted.

Same article from Kokomo Tribune:

Along with the conversations and pictures, Cecil noted there were also videos that Kline would send to other individuals online through a Dropbox account, mainly photos depicting children as young as 4 years old being forced to participate in explicit sexual acts.

Both Cecil and Divo told the court that authorities were eventually able to identify and locate at least 11 juvenile females that Kline reportedly had conversations with, though they argued there were several more that will likely never be located

What a complete joke. That's under 2 years per charge.
The prosecution recommended 50 years to the Judge. His attorney suggested 11 years to the court. With a 43 yr sentence, KAK almost received what the prosecution requested. How many of the 40 years are required to be served?

Maybe he'll talk about Delphi since he'll be grow old before he sees the light of freedom. He says he's a changed man.

Hoping the media or court site will have clarification as to how much actual time he will serve. Court site has not been updated to reflect the sentencing. I am attaching the plea that shows the counts, description and felony level (either 5 or 6) with 6 being the lowest level felony in Indiana. (Attachment is at bottom of post)

Here is some information on sentencing guidelines and credit time.

Overview​

In July 2014, Indiana made changes to the Indiana Criminal Code. Before these changes, Indiana utilized an A–D classification system for felonies.
The new system involves six classes of felonies, Level 1 being the most severe and Level 6 being the least.
The Code specifies a range of fines and sentences for each level of offense.
Each felony-level also has an advisory sentence.
This sentence is used as a guideline that the court may but is not required, to consider when imposing punishment.
The judge may use the advisory sentence as a starting point, adding more or less time depending on the aggravating and mitigating circumstances.

Indiana Sentencing Chart​

LevelSentence Range (Min.Max.)Advisory SentencePotential Fine
Murder45 – 65 years*55 years$0–$10,000
Level 120–40 years30 years$0–$10,000
Level 210–30 years17.5 years$0–$10,000
Level 33–16 years9 years$0–$10,000
Level 42–12 years6 years$0–$10,000
Level 51–6 years3 years$0–$10,000
Level 66 months–2.5 years1 year$0–$10,000
A Misdemeanor0 – 365 daysNA$0–$5,000
B Misdemeanor0 – 180 daysNA$0–$1,000
C Misdemeanor0 – 60 daysNA$0–$500
* Possibility of the Death Penalty or Life without Parole

Suspension of Sentences​

When a sentence is “suspended,” the court places the offender on a term of probation rather than requiring them to serve the sentence in prison.
A judge may suspend all or part of the sentence at their discretion. Not all sentences are suspendable.
If someone is given a suspended sentence and put on probation and violates the terms of the probation, they may be required to serve up to their entire suspended portion of their sentence.

Murder and Level 1 Felonies​

A judge may only suspend the part that is over the minimum sentence. For example, if you are sentenced to 30 years, only 10 of those years may be suspended, leaving you with a minimum, 20 years.

Level 2 and Level 3 Felonies​

Except for Level 2 and Level 3 felonies involving controlled substances, a judge may only suspend the part that is more than the minimum sentence if you have a prior unrelated felony conviction.
If you have a prior conviction under Indiana Code 35-48-4-1.1 or 35-48-4-1.2 the judge may only suspend the part that is more than the minimum sentence on Level 2 or Level 3 felony controlled substance offenses as well.

Level 4, 5, and 6 Felonies and Misdemeanors​

These felonies are not subject to the prohibition on the suspension of sentences.
The judge may elect to suspend the entire sentence except for mandatory jail on OVWI if you have had a prior OVWI conviction.

Credit Time​

Indiana gives credit time, depending on the felony level, for:
  • Days spent confined while waiting for trial or sentencing,
  • Days of good behavior while imprisoned for a crime, and
  • Educational credits and other programming in the Indiana Department of Corrections.
Credit time is classified as A–D.

Class A​

Class A is for all non-credit restricted felons receiving a sentence for a Level 6 felony or misdemeanor. The credit time is one day of credit for one day served.

Class B​

Class B is for all non-credit restricted felons receiving a sentence for Level 1–5 felonies or murder. The credit time is one day of credit for three days served.

My guess is he will end up being housed at New Castle which is where a lot of Indiana's male sex offenders go after they are classified at the Plainfield Reception Diagnostic Center. New Castle is a privately run but state owned facility. It has a program called INSOMM-Indiana Sex Offender Management and Monitoring. John D. Miller (victim April Tinsley, Ft. Wayne) and Michael Plumadore (victim Aliahna Lemmon, Ft. Wayne) are both housed there.

Attachments

• Order from Change of Plea Hearin.pdf
    53.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members