IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Boney's appeals are over, and he will die in state prison. There really isn't anything the prosecution can give him.

He has nothing to lose or gain.... from a legal standpoint.

there is a huge amount of things that could be done for him, he could be moved to a prison of his choice if that was something he wanted, he could be given more priviliges in jail,

the state can make his life in prison much easier if they have to offer him an inducement in order to get him to testify,

he has always been firm in his decision to never testify under oath, he refused to testify in the second re trial, it will be like shooting fish in a barrel when a defence attorney gets him on the witness stand and vigorously cross examines him, his story changes from each telling in both minor and major details,

I look forward to the day that he is finally cross examined and a jury gets to actually hear him speak,

From the article:

Prosecutors have pointed to what they described as high-velocity blood splatter on Camm’s T-shirt — and a tiny, heart-shaped piece of bone from Jill Camm’s skull — as crucial evidence to show that Camm was close by when the fatal shots were fired.

So now there is a piece of Jill's Camm's skull on the shirt?

I suppose Camm's defense will try to say that was also "transfer"??

IMO the evidence of Camm being the shooter is overwhelming. I don't think he should have had the prior convictions reversed either. JMO. It's a shame what it is costing tax payers to keep this triple murderer in prison.

The afternoon hearing mainly centered on witnesses whom prosecutors and the defense attorneys asked the judge to exclude from the trial. Levco, for instance, questioned why defense lawyers needed to call Florida grief expert Sally Karioth.

Kammen and co-counsel Stacy Uliana said they expect detectives and police officers will describe how unusually Camm acted after the deaths. Uliana said they’d like to counter with an expert who would discuss what is normal for someone who has found his family murdered. “She’s essential to our case,” Uliana said.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...estify-during-David-Camm-s-third-murder-trial

Anyone that watched the Anthony case this name will ring a bell.

I think Camm's guilty as sin. I believe he met Boney at a prior pick-up basketball game and possibly collaborated with him to commit the murders OR just asked Boney to come to his house while/after he committed the murders, all the while planning to frame Boney for it by planting Boney's sweatshirt at the scene (not knowing that Boney's dna, etc wasn't in the system at the time). I think Camm offered Boney money for his assistance, whatever that was, and Boney accepted.

That's why in his Camm's first interviews, he kept telling investigators that there was someone else who did it that they needed to look for.

I know that Boney has a criminal history, but I don't think he could have killed children. I've heard it theorized that he followed Kim and the kids home to rob them. Yes, he had committed armed robberies before, but I just can't see him killing kids.

I went to high school with Camm's daughter from his first marriage. My aunt was close friends with Camm's ex-wife at the time and they would spend hours together every week during their kids' after-school practices. His ex said one of the most difficult things she ever had to do was ask her daughter if Camm had abused her too (she said no). However, his daughter has sat with the prosecution and Kim's family at the trials.

High velocity blood spatter shouldn't be that difficult to prove/disprove. I've been near pumpkins when my husband's family blows them up and shoots at them (rednecks). There are tiny little fragments of pumpkin guts that get stuck in our clothing. The way they are embedded in our clothes is just different that if we'd rubbed pumpkin innards against us.

I really don't see why the molestation of Jill or Camm's affairs were reason to overturn the first two verdicts. Either he was guilty or not, and TWO sets of juries found him guilty.

This new trial is being held literally a mile from my home- but there is surprisingly little in the local press.

New DNA evidence could help Camm’s defense in trial

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/New-DNA-evidence-could-help-Camms-defense-in-trial--218043691.html

Don't see how this could help Camm's case. I don't think anyone doubts Boney was involved in the crime. I am unsure if Camm was or not. That is the question I would like answered. JMO

Boney has said he never touched Kim, all he said he did was trip over her shoes and he picked them up and placed them on top of the car, if his DNA is on her then he had to have touched her the night she and her children were murdered, this means the defence can argue he is sole murderer not Camm as they will argue he attacked Kim by grabbing/touching her and he then escalated his attack by shooting and killing her and her kids as she would have reported him for the attack and he did not wish to leave living witnesses

it will be important to find out where his DNA was found on her body,

I still can't believe a 3rd trial for this killer. Does anyone know if there will be live coverage again? I know I watched one of these trials and feel he is 100% guilty. I guess I will tan and listen to 48 hrs to catch up again, but would love to know if a live feed will be in the works. If anyone finds out or knows, please post! I try to log back in and thank but sometimes life just doesn't allow for it. So Thanks in Advance!

Are you going to attend and tweet for us? :) :fence:

Well, I work nights and sleep during the day. Wonder if they would mind if I brought a cot in????

PLUS I snore.....

I still can't believe a 3rd trial for this killer. Does anyone know if there will be live coverage again? I know I watched one of these trials and feel he is 100% guilty. I guess I will tan and listen to 48 hrs to catch up again, but would love to know if a live feed will be in the works. If anyone finds out or knows, please post! I try to log back in and thank but sometimes life just doesn't allow for it. So Thanks in Advance!

No still photography or video allowed in Indiana courtrooms so no live feed. Wish I could go but I am about 2 hrs. away.

Boney has said he never touched Kim, all he said he did was trip over her shoes and he picked them up and placed them on top of the car, if his DNA is on her then he had to have touched her the night she and her children were murdered, this means the defence can argue he is sole murderer not Camm as they will argue he attacked Kim by grabbing/touching her and he then escalated his attack by shooting and killing her and her kids as she would have reported him for the attack and he did not wish to leave living witnesses

it will be important to find out where his DNA was found on her body,

I have not seen any reports of Boney's DNA being found on Kim's body, just clothing items that belonged to her and Jill.

~snip~
Richard Eikelenboom, who owns Independent Forensic Services, said that Boney’s DNA was found near the cuff of Kimberly Camm's shirt, on the stomach area of the shirt worn by 5-year-old Jill Camm, Kimberly and David Camm’s daughter, and on two places on Kim Camm’s underwear.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...ms-David-Camm-murder-case-expert-says-hearing

he had to have touched both Kim and Jill for his DNA to have been found on there clothes, Kim had to have touched him for her DNA to have been found on his sweatshirt,

points to some kind of physical assault/attack by Boney on Kim, and how will he explain away his DNA on Jill,

all of this evidence should have been brought out in the first trial never mind the third,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89
Back