IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Het thanks guys for answering lol. I thought we watched his trial before. How weird it must b that I knw the dateline episode. Or something!! CRS!

Drove past the courthouse at 7:45am on my way home from work. A lone reporter had already set up a spot for doing a morning show report. He wasn't any of the local talent, so I'm thinking he's from one of the Louisville stations. I have to sleep for a couple hours, if I wake up in time, might venture down to the courthouse.

Oolong pls go and tweet for us, lol!

Judge has banned all reporting from courtroom, so trial will not be live tweeted, reporters are only allowed on first floor of courthouse to film or file reports, the trial will be held in a courtroom on the third floor where media will not be allowed to file any reports - they will only be allowed to watch and make notes in the actual court on the third floor

That kinda sucks- welcome to Indiana!

On the plus side: the courthouse itself is beautiful and a source of much pride here. The exterior columns are each one single piece of Indiana limestone- the largest in the world at one time. The dome of the roof is stained glass. And in the middle of the open space hangs a quilt made by the ladies of Boone County in 1976 to celebrate the bicentennial. The building is carefully maintained, and -though you will never see them- the interior of the courts themselves are stately and well kept.

The afternoon hearing mainly centered on witnesses whom prosecutors and the defense attorneys asked the judge to exclude from the trial. Levco, for instance, questioned why defense lawyers needed to call Florida grief expert Sally Karioth.

Kammen and co-counsel Stacy Uliana said they expect detectives and police officers will describe how unusually Camm acted after the deaths. Uliana said they’d like to counter with an expert who would discuss what is normal for someone who has found his family murdered. “She’s essential to our case,” Uliana said.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...estify-during-David-Camm-s-third-murder-trial

Anyone that watched the Anthony case this name will ring a bell.

oh gosh.. It will be like having Samuels and Lavoilette on the stand again.. Please... No.....

I followed this case at one time very closely and was absolutely convinced of DC's guilt.

I don't see anything so far that changes it. I can not believe he gets another trial.

I don't know how I will follow it without any kind of reporting on it.

I like to see it all for myself.

But right now, I still feel he is guilty.

I followed this case at one time very closely and was absolutely convinced of DC's guilt.

I don't see anything so far that changes it. I can not believe he gets another trial.

I don't know how I will follow it without any kind of reporting on it.

I like to see it all for myself.

But right now, I still feel he is guilty.

BBM
Agreed SS. No tweeting allowed in a courtroom seems extreme, especially since it's the 3rd time around for a Camm trial.
I vaguely recall seeing this story on 48 Hours or Dateline - pre Boney - and thought he was guilty, but can't recall details of why.
Can you elaborate on your thoughts of what convinced you of his guilt? Was it the blood splatter on his t-shirt? I'm sure that's what would have convinced me, but the defense countered there should have been more than 8 drops - that makes sense to me, too. So, any input of yours would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

BBM
Agreed SS. No tweeting allowed in a courtroom seems extreme, especially since it's the 3rd time around for a Camm trial.
I vaguely recall seeing this story on 48 Hours or Dateline - pre Boney - and thought he was guilty, but can't recall details of why.
Can you elaborate on your thoughts of what convinced you of his guilt? Was it the blood splatter on his t-shirt? I'm sure that's what would have convinced me, but the defense countered there should have been more than 8 drops - that makes sense to me, too. So, any input of yours would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Yes the blood is a clincher for me. why should there be more than 8 drops? What if he had something between her and him so that it would deflect more blood?

To me the fact that he has it on his shirt when he claims only to have been near the little boy means something big.

I have to go over it piece by piece again as I have not done that in a while, but so far I don't see anything that makes me rethink my decision on guilt.

There is a website, JusticeForDavidCamm.com maintained by the Lockhart family. It has all the court documents and evidence linked on the pages.

Yes the blood is a clincher for me. why should there be more than 8 drops? What if he had something between her and him so that it would deflect more blood?

To me the fact that he has it on his shirt when he claims only to have been near the little boy means something big.

I have to go over it piece by piece again as I have not done that in a while, but so far I don't see anything that makes me rethink my decision on guilt.

Morning all - ScarlettS -The blood was the clincher for me, too, because it was high velocity spatter. The vid I watched yesterday - it was on youtube and I'll have to find it again - was the the defense expert, and I understood him to say if it was the high velocity spatter he'd expect to see more in the area along with the 8 drops found, since the blood would have sprayed. He thought the blood was more likely transferred from blood that may have been on the daughter's hair as Camm reached across her to check on his son. In and of itself that sounds plausible to me. However, I don't know how that plays along with the crime scene and what Camm's explanation was; it's been so long since I've followed this case.
Thanks again for your take...appreciate it!

If anyone needs a refresher here are the links to the 48 Hours episodes on the case "Murder on Lockhart Road".

Murder on Lockhart Road: Part 1 - 48 Hours - CBS News

Murder on Lockhart Road: Part 2 - 48 Hours - CBS News

Twall - thanks for the links to these videos; are you able to get them to play? When I try to play them a message appears and says the content is not available, that Time Warner customers cannot watch it. I'm not a Time Warner cable customer so I'm not sure why I can't play a CBS video - bummer!!

Twall - thanks for the links to these videos; are you able to get them to play? When I try to play them a message appears and says the content is not available, that Time Warner customers cannot watch it. I'm not a Time Warner cable customer so I'm not sure why I can't play a CBS video - bummer!!

yes, they play for me. I clicked on the title (white letters) at the top of the box and it took me to the CBS 48 Hours website and started playing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back