IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did you guys read that probable cause affidavit?? Sounds like they know everything!! This case definitely should be made into a movie.

Kimmer - Tell us as much as you can about this case! Is it Monday yet??

nanandjim said:
I was wondering what was going on with the brother. Is there a picture of him? Has he spoken out in David's defense? I didn't realize that he forged Kim's signature. :eek: I would say that he had complicity in this crime. They better charge him with something.

ETA: Surely, this brother knows what is going on. Maybe, they can threaten to throw the book at him and then make him a deal if he reveals what he knows. You can't tell me that this guy didn't know what was going on. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going to happen when a life insurance policy is increased and the signature is forged...

I found this from another brother

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=3060840

David Camm's brother, Donnie, says money wasn't a motive. "Dave and Kim earned over $100,000 a year, and Kim earned about 85% of that, so if money was his motivation, he'd have been much better off with her alive than dead."

~~

I can't find a photo though because the 2000 links have expired. Usually Camm's uncle Sam Lockhart speaks for the family. I remember during the first trial the family became very heated in comments, lashing out at the jury and others. Kimmer may know about this but the insurance money - and Camm asking about it 12 hours after the killings - seems highly suspect.

Newswolf said:
...David Camm's brother, Donnie, says money wasn't a motive. "Dave and Kim earned over $100,000 a year, and Kim earned about 85% of that, so if money was his motivation, he'd have been much better off with her alive than dead."...
Seems to me money was a motive. If Kim were to leave him, he wouldn't have access to her earnings. He knew that she was leaving him. So, he increased the independent policy on her and was intent on collecting the policy from her work....like you said...12 hours after the homicides...

Doesn't that sound like money was first and foremost on this guy's mind???

I remember seeing his sister yelling after the verdict. She reminded me of Janey Peterson...Obnoxious...Wonder what she has to say now with all of these latest revelations... :rolleyes:

nanandjim said:
Seems to me money was a motive. If Kim were to leave him, he wouldn't have access to her earnings. He knew that she was leaving him. So, he increased the independent policy on her and was intent on collecting the policy from her work....like you said...12 hours after the homicides...

Doesn't that sound like money was first and foremost on this guy's mind???

I remember seeing his sister yelling after the verdict. She reminded me of Janey Peterson...Obnoxious...Wonder what she has to say now with all of these latest revelations... :rolleyes:
Now that you mention it Nan...we haven't heard a peep from Janey Peterson in a looonnng time!!! And that's a good thing!!:)

Hey guys, first timer here. I live just down the road from the Camm house. I've heard a few things that I'm not sure have been put out there by the media. I've heard from a reliable source that after Camm was sent away to the state pen., he carried on his affair with a former co-worker at the Sellersburg, IN state police post, which began prior to the murders. Apparently this lady was taking off work early and going up to visit Camm so often that she was eventually transferred to a SP post in Bloomington, IN. Interesting when you consider how Camm has presented himself as being a changed man and committed to fixing his relationship with his wife throught the first trial. Also, and I apologize if you all are already aware of this, Camm has an older daughter from a previous marriage. The rumor around town is that Henderson is trying to get her to testify against her father and that she was possibly sexually abused by him. That is just the word through the local grapevine. What is for sure is that this girl obviously doesn't have much love for her biological father b/c neither her face or voice was heard during the first trial. I actually know 2 of Camm's first cousins, both nice guys, just delusional. The family apparently refuses to face the reality, which isn't surprising. I will keep you all posted if I hear any more local dish on this.

Welcome jimmypage- very interesting. I had no idea there was another daughter. Prior sexual abuse would be humdinger testimony. As for a girlfriend - she must like jailbirds . Is this a trooper ?? Or a different kind of employee?

jimmypage9129 said:
...I will keep you all posted if I hear any more local dish on this.
Welcome, jimmypage, and thanks for the info. Where there's smoke, there is usually fire. It would not surprise me at all if he molested another daughter. If this is the case, I surely hope that she has the courage to do what is right for the victims.

What have you heard about the forged insurance policy? I hope that they charge his brother. You can't tell me that he didn't know what was in store for at least the wife.

I am very surprised that Camm's extramarital affairs are not allowed to come into play. The affairs seem very relevant to me.

Thank you, Jimmypage! I always appreciate it when locals have the courage to post what they hear around town. It usually has a lot of truth to it, in one respect or another!

Take Care!

I cannot believe that it hasn't been put out there in the national media that Camm had an older daughter from a previous relationship. As a matter of fact, at one point when one of the ladies he had an affair with was testifying at the first trial, she testified that Camm said "it feels weird doing this b/c I have a daughter your age." I believe that girl was 23 at the time and Camm's biological daughter was 16. The girl in the testimony thought this sounded extremely odd and surmised that Camm was possibly having an inappropriate relationship with his older daughter. The reason you all have not heard about this other daughter is that the prosecution cannot put it out there b/c it would prejudice the jury (as we see already the IN Court of Appeals felt like the testimony from past mistresses was prejudicial). On a personal note, the guy that steam cleans my mother's carpet was one of the guys that Camm was playing basketball with that night. He insisted to my mom that "Dave" was at the gym the entire time. Someone asked about the lady at the SP post, I think she worked in the office and was not a trooper, but i'm not certain of that. As for the insurance policy, everybody in Georgetown, Floyds Knobs and the entire Kentuckiana region knew about that within a week of the killing. All I can tell you about Donnie Camm is that I see him from time to time in some hole in the wall bar in New Albany, IN on occasion. I've heard a few local people start speculating that Donnie was "complicit" and that possibly David's whole family knows the truth, but I don't necessarily believe that. What is crazy is that when that 48 hours special was aired, it made it look as though Camm might be innocent, or at least that there was plenty of reasonable doubt. Local people who knew the "whole story", including the personal stuff that could not be introduced into evidence, were outraged. The line on Keith Henderson is that he is a beast as a prosecutor and he is going to go after Donnie full steam. It will be interesting to see if Donnie will take the fall for his bro, unlike Mr. Boney. We will see if blood is thicker than water I suppose.

homepages.ius.edu/VANDERSO/shawnpaper.html

Hey guys, go to this website and read the term paper by this student who did a paper about the Camm Appeal. This paper was written before the most recent revelations, so it will seem a little naive in character, but he alludes to this older daughter a time or two.

Thanks Jimmyp, you're chock full of info. Your behind the scenes take is so interesting. Go hang out at that seedy bar some more LOL

I read the paper. The remark about requesting a sexual partner to shave and then "if I can do this without thinking I'm XXXXX a 6 year old" is chilling. The fallacy is that the writer thinks the prosecution has to show motive. Not true.

Am I remembering wrong or was there not some testimony from Kim's mother about Jill complaining of something that resulted in taking her to the doctor or was it that she thought maybe something was happening ? I can't remember the details.

I also believe the brother had knowledge -why else forge Kim's signature?

Also - I am glad it's not a trooper who is involved with Camm. I would have serious reservations about Indiana LE if that were the case!

Straightforward news accounts can't delve into the between the lines issues - thanks for sharing.

jimmypage9129 said:
...The line on Keith Henderson is that he is a beast as a prosecutor and he is going to go after Donnie full steam. It will be interesting to see if Donnie will take the fall for his bro, unlike Mr. Boney. We will see if blood is thicker than water I suppose.
If Donnie takes the fall for his brother, he is a BIG IDIOT! I will be very surprised if he does. Someone who is unethical enough to write up an insurance policy and forge the person's name surely would be looking out for his own best interest when everything is said and done. Has he been fired from his job?

Well if you'all recall Chuck Stuart's ( Boston murder case) brother hadn't caved Chuck may have gotten away with the heinous murder of his wife Carol...shot after leaving a birthing class....The brother, Matthew subsequently went to prison for complicity in the insurance scam but many thought he knew full well that it was in fact a murder...............he has since been imprisoned again I beleiev for a drug violation.......So when it comes down to it ...it's every man for himself!!:eek:

smellsarat said:
...So when it comes down to it ...it's every man for himself!!:eek:
Especially in the world of thugs... Didn't the movie portray the brother as feeling guilty and eventually going to the police? Or that he told someone who told the police and then he eventually told the truth? Sounds like he is a troubled young man...

I just talked with a co-worker who grew up just down the street from the Camms, she said that Camm definitely has an older daughter who is btw. 19-21 and works in a local hospital here. She said that she went to this hospital for an exam and a nurse and her started talking about the case when the nurse said, "You know that David's older daughter works here". The nurse went on to tell my coworker that this girl wanted nothing to do with her father and that in fact she had filed a restraining order against David!!!! I had heard this rumor elsewhere. I'm not certain the whole restraining order is true to be fair. However, his daughter apparently made it clear to others that she wanted to stay out of the whole ordeal and didn't want any of the publicity, which explains largely why so little, if anything, has been put out there by the media. As for Donnie, I got on the Floyd Circuit Court website and found out that he filed for divorce from his wife in early 1998. Also, in the Civil by Kim Camm's parents, I found out that David Camm's uncle was appointed "attorney in fact" after David signed over his administratorship to him due to his being in jail. Kim Camm's father filed a motion for the court to dissolve the Co-administratorship of Camm's uncle and eventually an Agreed Order was file that stated that Camm's uncle would no longer be an administrator of the estate. However the implication is clear, Camm and his uncle didn't want the money to go to Kim Camm's parents. I will keep you posted on what I hear. Also, I puled up on the Floyd Circuit website an old Civil Case by a guy who had the hell beat out of him by the IN St Police and guess who was one of the cops?? The case was eventually settled and Camm was absolved of any wrong doing but he ended up quitting the ISP later that year for what he felt was lack of support.

nanandjim said:
Especially in the world of thugs... Didn't the movie portray the brother as feeling guilty and eventually going to the police? Or that he told someone who told the police and then he eventually told the truth? Sounds like he is a troubled young man...
He told his attorney I think...but first I think his girlfriend who urged him to come clean I think...I forget ,....Bottom Line...the brother was also a !!:slap:

jimmypage9129 said:
...The case was eventually settled and Camm was absolved of any wrong doing but he ended up quitting the ISP later that year for what he felt was lack of support.
Very interesting, JP. I hate to say it but Camm and other members of his family seem very shady. I feel certain that what we have read and what you are relaying to us is just the tip of the iceberg. I surely hope as much as possible about this guy's character and actions are exposed in court.

Do you know if Donnie lost his job due to the forged life insurance policy?

I can't wait until they prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

About Camm and the so-called lack of support: Those troopers know his reputation and exactly how he is. What a blessing that he left the force. He was giving them a bad name.

TY for the update Jimmypage - our own CSI.

I hope his oldest daughter is able to protect her privacy and her distance from Camm. The distance should be easy since he should be going back to prison forever.

I hope the Renns get the money.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050315/NEWS01/503150405/1008/news01

A hearing has been scheduled for April 4 on objections by lawyers for former Indiana State Police Trooper David Camm to the way his murder trial was returned to Floyd County last week.
Camm was scheduled for a retrial in August in Warrick County on charges of murdering his wife and two young children in September 2000. The trial had been moved because of intense publicity in Floyd County.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back