IN IN - Kirsten Brueggeman, 26, seen on camera walking, white backpack, Indianapolis, 2 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 24, 2021
There are over 200 active missing persons cases in Indiana | wthr.com
"This is Kirsten. Sorry I can't get to the phone, but if you leave a message I'll be sure to get back to you."

That voicemail greeting is all her family has left to hold on to as they wait day after day for answers.

"We are in the kind of limbo that, it's like you can't move on. It's like she vanished. I hate to use that word, but that's what appears to have happened," said RB, Kristen's father.

SEP 24, 2021
There are over 200 active missing persons cases in Indiana | wthr.com
"This is Kirsten. Sorry I can't get to the phone, but if you leave a message I'll be sure to get back to you."

That voicemail greeting is all her family has left to hold on to as they wait day after day for answers.

"We are in the kind of limbo that, it's like you can't move on. It's like she vanished. I hate to use that word, but that's what appears to have happened," said RB, Kristen's father.

Heartbreaking. Truly I thought they'd find Kirsten safe at a friend's or something.

Is there any information where she might have been walking towards from the bar? Presumably towards home, and if so how far a walk would that have been? Any bodies of water? Young men usually end up in bodies of water near bars, not so common for young women but certainly a possibility. Unfortunately meeting up with the wrong person is also a very real possibility at that time of night. So sad that nothing has been found.

What a shame. There's been so many holidays and family birthdays without her.

With her walking home -- or wherever, and maybe she had a little buzz on -- who knoze -- I can't see it being good for her or her family after so many months of not hearing from her. :(

Last edited:
It's been one year. There's nothing in public records of vehicular tickets or arrests since she went missing (she did have prior arrest history). Even that would be confirmation she is safe. Hoping this year brings closure for her family.

MAR 10, 2022
Kirsten Brueggeman's disappearance: Here's what to know (indystar.com)

c6a36067-fc5a-4e37-b61e-00a2fb70aef7-kirsten-bruegge_52431838-4-980x686.png

[...]

IndyStar interviewed Kirsten's family, the IMPD detective assigned to her case and the people she was with before she went missing.

The night of the disappearance
Kirsten was living with her parents in their home on the northeast side of Indianapolis before she went missing and worked at Cicis on the city's south side.

She was at a restaurant and pub, called Manley’s Irish Mutt, on the east side of Indianapolis before she disappeared.

Kirsten's ex-boyfriend EB, as well as Bradford's friends — JK and OD — were at the pub. They were also joined by Dufour's friend RLH.

The group left Kirsten behind at Manley's Irish Mutt after an argument and went to a bowling alley in Beech Grove.

[...]

Faulty surveillance camera
Kirsten walked around the area on Shortridge Road after the rest of the group left Manley’s Irish Mutt. It’s not clear where she was trying to walk.

The last surveillance camera to capture Kirsten covered the southeastern part of the YMCA parking lot and part of an adjacent parking lot for the Abbey Meadows apartment complex. She was seen on the camera around 2 a.m.

3085b3cb-68a6-4ec7-9704-63aeb7bba4f5-Screenshot_140.png

[...]

Kirsten was walking in an area of the parking lot that was fenced in. If the camera had continued working, she would have come back into view or would have had to climb over a fence, said Detective Nicole Bockting of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

"The video cuts in and out,” Bockting said. “If it hadn't done that, we wouldn't be sitting here wondering where she is.”

[...]

Reward money

fcfcd5fb-96d1-4e09-8ae1-b8ac2f091f09-thumbnail_IMG_1127.jpg

Last March, Kirsten's parents hired a private investigator from Lauth Investigations International to look into the case. Her family offered a $10,000 reward in exchange for information leading to Kirsten’s safe return.

[...]

“We know almost nothing more now than we did the day we reported her missing,” said RB, Kirsten’s father.

I don't think it was specified, but given the proximity of the bar, apartment, and YMCA, the bowling alley they were likely headed to is All Star Bowl. The four places are a stone's throw from each other and located in the Warren Park area. Beech Grove is a 20 minute drive from there, so unless they were going to Beech Grove Bowl - a 24-hour bowling alley - the news report is incorrect. 10th Street is not the greatest area, IMO. I hope she's alright.

She seen leaving Manley's Irish Mutt pub at 00.20hrs and then last seen at the YMCA parking lot, 502 North Shortridge Street at 02.00hrs.
That's 1 hour and 40 minutes between those 2 sightings.
According to Google maps, that distance is 0.4 miles and takes just EIGHT minutes to walk.

So where did she go between leaving Manley's Pub and the last camera sighting at the YMCA parking lot??

Was she just walking around for 1.5 hours?? That seems an odd decision.
It was January and must have been freezing cold in Indianapolis.

If she was heading back to her parents she didn't seem to be making much progress to get there....

I wonder what the argument with her friends in the bar was about? I'm angry that they chose to leave her there by herself! Not safe!!

MOO.

In the Season 10 premiere episode, "Vanished in the Night," surveillance cameras record a young woman fighting with her friends outside a bar in Indianapolis, Indiana and two hours later, the cameras catch her walking by herself in a parking lot and disappearing into the night. Desperate for answers, Kirsten Brueggeman's family shares her story and their plight to find her in the hopes that more people who know Kirsten's story will be able to come forward with new information.

Kirsten's case will be featured on the season 10 premiere of Disappeared on ID on September 7.

Followed this case from the beginning. The strange thing to me was always- why is she walking there? From the Sat view you can tell exactly where she was when that image was taken. She is right next to the YMCA on the sidewalk that goes around the building, behind it is the pool and then an open field with residential housing. I always wondered if maybe she climbed onto the roof, or into somewhere right there and just hasn't been found yet.

SEP 1, 2022
Around 2 a.m. on Jan. 2, 2021, a surveillance camera captured video of Kirsten Brueggeman walking through a YMCA parking lot in Indianapolis, Indiana.

[...]

Investigators assigned to the case noted Bruggeman, 26, would have had to climb a fence in the area of the lot where she was headed or circled back around, but they were unable to track her next movements since the camera was faulty.

“The video cuts in and out,” Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Detective Nicole Bockting explained. “If it hadn't done that, we wouldn't be sitting here wondering where she is.”

According to the The Indianapolis Star, Brueggeman lived with her parents, and the night she disappeared she was out at Manley’s Irish Mutt, a local restaurant and pub not far from the YMCA.

Brueggeman was drinking with her friends when she reportedly got into an argument with them and they left her behind and headed to a local bowling alley.

[...]

“Call it mother’s intuition, but I felt like something bad had really happened,” LB told WXIN. “I woke up at about 12:30, about the same time her phone went off, and that’s when I first tried to call her and her phone was off.”

[...]

In March, RB, told The Star that Kirsten’s loved ones have learned “almost nothing more” about his missing daughter’s whereabouts.

[...]

INDIANAPOLIS — An Indianapolis woman who was last seen in a YMCA parking lot in 2021 will be profiled on the latest season of Investigation Discovery’s missing person series “Disappeared.”

brueggeman.png

Dated flyer that circulated in the months following Kirsten Brueggeman’s disappearance.

The season 10 premiere episode “Vanished in the Night” will focus on the disappearance of Kirsten Brueggeman, who was 26 when she was last seen on January 2, 2021....
The “Disappeared” episode about Kirsten Brueggeman will premiere on Wednesday, September 7 at 10 p.m. It will be the first of eight episodes in the upcoming tenth season of the longtime show.

After watching the Disappeared episode last night, I keep coming back to the camera that “glitched” have they had it checked for tampering/editing? Was there a security guard on duty in any of those businesses that could have seen her on camera? Could she have reached a point where she was unable to climb the fence and turned around approached a building looking for some help to get out and someone did something and then deleted the interaction? MOO

I wonder if they tried talking to some of the residents behind the apartments and YMCA? Along gate by the YMCA that has two gate doors, is it possible she walked through the gate into the neighborhood? Any sex offenders that live back there? Another theory not sure if was talked about but if she made it to Washington St, major Highway 465 is right there, did they check the cameras along that road? Maybe she was picked up from that point? Did they check all the aquifers in the area?

Murder Sheet’s new podcast today is about this case.
Kevin & Ainée speak with Kirsten’s parents and others.
Near the end of the interview they mention that Kirsten was last caught on camera at 2am near the YMCA and Abbey apartments. And at 2:30 am a black SUV is caught on camera leaving the Abbey apartment complex.
I am new to this case but after reading the post here, this is the first I heard mention of a black SUV. Maybe vehicles coming and going at that early morning hour is not uncommon for that area. But , if it was common then other vehicles would be seen too.
I a going to attempt to add the link:

edited to add link

Murder Sheet’s new podcast today is about this case.
Kevin & Ainée speak with Kirsten’s parents and others.
Near the end of the interview they mention that Kirsten was last caught on camera at 2am near the YMCA and Abbey apartments. And at 2:30 am a black SUV is caught on camera leaving the Abbey apartment complex.
I am new to this case but after reading the post here, this is the first I heard mention of a black SUV. Maybe vehicles coming and going at that early morning hour is not uncommon for that area. But , if it was common then other vehicles would be seen too.
I a going to attempt to add the link:

edited to add link

This was covered in the Disappeared episode. Unbelievably, that SUV was involved in an unrelated homicide at the apartment complex. The crime lab was able to test the vehicle and unequivocally said that Kirsten was never in the vehicle.

Starts around 34:00 min: www.bitchute.com/video/dIWePiCKE7Nv/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back