IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly small communities. I think Degonia Springs is the next one as you head east. We are farther north of Rockport.

According to her father, Todd Scales, Kelley had been hanging out with friends at the VFW and headed out about 15 minutes after they left.

"I guess there was hardly anybody in the place -- just them, the manager and a fairly new bartender who Kristy knew –- so they closed early," Scales told HuffPost.

What happened to Kelley after she left the VFW is a mystery. Somewhere between the lounge and her parents' house -- a distance of less than 2 miles, according to her dad – both Kelley and her 2003 Nissan Xterra vanished without a trace.

Kelley's parents were concerned when she did not return home to them and her 3- and 6-year-old children. That concern turned to worry when she failed to show up to her job at a local pharmacy.

"She has worked at CVS for several years and she was supposed to be there at 7:30 Friday morning," Kelley's close friend, Amanda Vollman, told HuffPost.

"I've known her since she was 6 years old and she's not one to not show up," Vollman continued. "She is a very responsible person and a very good mother."

The only clue leading up to Kelley's disappearance is video footage -- police obtained from a local ice cream parlor and a church -- that captured Kelley's car headed in the direction of her home. However, according to her father, the video footage is "kind of blurry" and it cannot be determined who is driving the vehicle in the videos.

Further frustrating investigators is the fact that Kelley left her phone at the VFW, negating the possibility of tracking her movements via cellphone towers.

"It's really odd that she would had forgotten her cellphone at the VFW," Scales said. "She's 27, so she and her cellphone are pretty much inseparable. As soon as she realized that, she would have gone back for it, but she didn't."

The distraught father said his daughter has no known enemies.

"She's very friendly, bubbly and outgoing," he said. "She's a wonderful person and everyone loves her."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/kristy-kelley-joelle-lockwood-missing_n_5689173.html

This article from earlier this week mentions the manager, but doesn't mention the older man who cleans the bar.

Thanks. I used to do research at all the courthouses in that area (Boonville, Rockport, Evansville, Tell City, etc) but I didn't usually go out of Boonville that way. I'm just wondering if they are going to expand the search beyond the Boonville area. Her car really could be anywhere by now. :(

I wonder if the manager/cleaning guy are the same person?

Thanks. I used to do research at all the courthouses in that area (Boonville, Rockport, Evansville, Tell City, etc) but I didn't usually go out of Boonville that way. I'm just wondering if they are going to expand the search beyond the Boonville area. Her car really could be anywhere by now. :(

It winds around to the northeast. That is usually the way we take going to Holiday World in Santa Claus.

I wonder if the manager/cleaning guy are the same person?

No.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well that -- that could be significant to the disappearance of Kristy Kelley. We are talking to now exclusively, Kathy Scales, the mother of this missing woman, Kristy Kelley, who is a mother two of children. I am so sorry that you`re going through this hellish experience. Your beautiful daughter is missing.

She was in this bar with her friends. She went with a couple, VFW Bar. The couple left, she was talking to the bartender and the manager. They were the only ones there except for an older man who cleans up at the end of the evening.

Tell us the order in which people left because that was the last place she was seen.

KATHY SCALES, MOTHER OF KRISTY KELLEY: From what I`ve been told, you know, I`m not definite on everything, but from what I understand, the couple had left maybe like an hour before she had left. She was just sitting there at the bar chitchatting with the -- her friend the bartender. The bartender had to go back and kind of learn how to fill out deposit slips, so when she come back in, she noticed Kristy wasn`t at the bar -- didn`t really think much of it. And then I believe when she come back after she finished up, Kristy was still gone. She went out in the parking lot, checked in, her vehicle was also gone.

One thing that has occurred to me, that I have not seen mentioned anywhere, is that there is currently some kind of construction currently on the road directly in front of the VFW. That is something that tends to bring outsiders into small towns (workers), and might be something that has been overlooked. There is also a major construction project on interstate 64, about 10 minutes to the north of Boonville.

As far as I know, they have searched all of Warrick County pretty heavily, and surrounding counties have been searched some as well.

Thank you for clearing that up for me concernedmother! I totally missed that! :blushing:

I cant think of any cases where the person and car both vanished. Usually their car is found in just couple days. Well there was one a couple of years ago but the young girl took a wrong turn and ended up in a river.

Good idea, hambirg, and others on possibly circling back for her phone.

Bouncing off this idea, might she have returned and the VFW was closed, and everyone gone home? In which case, assuming she left the parking lot ok for the second time, she once again heads back home.

Which would put her where, about when?

eta: also good catch hambirg on the Tasty Freeze RSO.

I haven't heard about the manager. There was a manager there as well?

I guess I thought someone was teaching her...maybe not. Sorry, lol. I had a procedure today, heavy pain meds...I don't usually make these kinds of mistakes, my second tonight. :)

There is a post on the Find Kristy fb page that mentions Kristy may have been overheard saying she was going to Degonia Springs (5 mi away via main HWY. ) Then something was said about Johnson Road. To get there from TF road it is mi out of the way to go that way. If this is true maybe she took back roads because she had been drinking?TF is 1002 E Walnut St. Its 4 1/2 mi to Johnson Road. (https://www.google.com/maps/dir/100...f2ac3b23f682fb3!2m2!1d-87.224221!2d38.0942279) From there to Degonia springs is another 4 1/2 Mi.

I cant think of any cases where the person and car both vanished. Usually their car is found in just couple days. Well there was one a couple of years ago but the young girl took a wrong turn and ended up in a river.

Not by an abduction, anyway. Just accidents and suicides, as far as I can recall, though likely there are few, there always are...jmo
But it does not seem likely to me. Imo

I guess I thought someone was teaching her...maybe not. Sorry, lol. I had a procedure today, heavy pain meds...I don't usually make these kinds of mistakes, my second tonight. :)

Concernedmother clarified this for me. There was a manager, you were right. I just missed that in the interview! Hope your procedure went okay!! :)

Concernedmother clarified this for me. There was a manager, you were right. I just missed that in the interview! Hope your procedure went okay!! :)

Thanks, just saw one of your links has it in #283.
Also, thanks about the procedure...hoping for some temp pain relief at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow