IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the car is submerged in water it wouldn't be obvious to find. I hope a search is done in the pond/lake allegedly near her parents house

From last night's JVM:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well that -- that could be significant to the disappearance of Kristy Kelley. We are talking to now exclusively, Kathy Scales, the mother of this missing woman, Kristy Kelley, who is a mother two of children. I am so sorry that you`re going through this hellish experience. Your beautiful daughter is missing.

She was in this bar with her friends. She went with a couple, VFW Bar. The couple left, she was talking to the bartender and the manager. They were the only ones there except for an older man who cleans up at the end of the evening.

Tell us the order in which people left because that was the last place she was seen.

KATHY SCALES, MOTHER OF KRISTY KELLEY: From what I`ve been told, you know, I`m not definite on everything, but from what I understand, the couple had left maybe like an hour before she had left. She was just sitting there at the bar chitchatting with the -- her friend the bartender. The bartender had to go back and kind of learn how to fill out deposit slips, so when she come back in, she noticed Kristy wasn`t at the bar -- didn`t really think much of it. And then I believe when she come back after she finished up, Kristy was still gone. She went out in the parking lot, checked in, her vehicle was also gone.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you`ve given us one important piece of information, the bartender is a female. So right there, statistically anyway that pretty much eliminates that person, at least in my mind.

Now you`re looking at this video of surveillance footage that could show your daughter`s car driving away from the bar the night she disappeared.

The video was captured by restaurant surveillance camera -- the footage is dark, it`s impossible to see the driver. So this could be Kristy in her silver Nissan SUV, or it could be somebody else driving it with her inside.

Now I understand, ma`am, that your daughter left her cell phone in the bathroom of the bar, so there`s no pings. Do you think that`s odd that she left her cell phone there?

SCALES: You know, my mind has wondered both ways thinking, well maybe she was just using the restroom, didn`t want it to fall out of her pocket, laid it up on the shelf. But it`s very, very unlike her not to notice it, you know, like immediately not being in her pocket. Because you know, young girls, their phones are like attached to their hip anymore it seems like. And I just can`t imagine her not walking back in there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let me ask you this question because we`re short on time. Did she have a love interest? Did she have any kind of a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend, no names please, but somebody that obviously cops would want to the talk to?

SCALES: No. Not really. I mean she had guy friends, you know, but no, there was nothing like a love relationship going on at the time.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And she had never said to you that she`d had a fight with anybody or that she felt in any way -- she was headed back to your house, is that correct?

SCALES: That`s what I believe because of the camera showing it was coming towards, you know, our street where she would have been turning, and she was supposed to be at work at 7:00 the next morning. And I cannot imagine her going anywhere else because it was getting late and she needed to get home and get to bed.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You live, less than two miles away from the bar that she was last seen at. So what are authorities doing?

I want to go, let me go to Marc Harrold, former police officer for a second. What are your thoughts? You`ve heard some of the facts here.

HARROLD: Well it looks like other than the proximity, authorities haven`t been able to tie these together but it does seem like fairly similar crimes or at least fairly similar victims. Yes, what are they doing? They`re basically searching what looks to be like large amounts of wooded area and towns between the two circumstances and try to get a chronology in the direction that she went.

But at this point it doesn`t look like they have a great deal of information after she left the bar to go on.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And her vehicle is missing. That`s what I don`t get. Miss Kathy Scales -- first of all I`m so sorry you`re going through this.

I know your daughter has two children, I believe their ages three and six, those are your grand kids. What are you telling them right now?

SCALES: Actually, they have been with their daddy. He decided that last night would probably, you know, need to tell them eventually because Ava needs to go back to school. She`s wanting to go back to school.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And she`s divorced from the children`s father, is that correct?

SCALES: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But they`re staying with him.

SCALES: They are staying with him. My granddaughter told me today, because I had to go see my grand babies, I hadn`t seen them for five days.

My grand baby told me, she said, "Nene, you need to take me back to my daddy`s because you need to go look for my mommy." She said, "I don`t want you to have to stay here and play with me, I want you to go look for my mommy."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s so heart breaking. That is so hard breaking.

SCALES: Yes. And she said, search, we went on vacation to Florida over the summer, I guess she remember Alabama. She said, "You need to go to Alabama. You need to go to Tennessee." And I said "Honey, we will find mommy. We will find her. We will bring her home."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1408/19/ijvm.01.html

Hmm. "An older man that cleans up in the evening". Wonder if he happened to be cleaning the restroom when she went in?

So true about the car bring found by now if it were an abduction (and the rest too) ... wonder if there is anywhere to dump a car on purpose around the area.

It is mostly coal mine land, 100 foot deep stripper pits, lots of farm land, old mines, hunting grounds and right on the Ohio river.

Maybe her cell records hold a clue. She could have been on the phone after the bartender went in the back then went potty and left to meet someone.

There have been so many cases with the cars and victims ending up in water, I hope LE always searches nearby ponds, etc...also ditches.

Kruse said authorities have been monitoring Kelley’s bank account, but there has been no activity since she was last seen. Kelley’s phone was also left at the VFW, another part of the case that baffles Fuquay, who said her friend would hardly ever be without her phone.

We still don’t have anything substantial (evidence wise), Kruse said Wednesday afternoon. “I have got five detectives working, and Boonville city has got two assigned and (on Wednesday) there was three brought in from the Indiana State Police.”

Kruse has asked businesses and individuals who have surveillance cameras if they could review footage from 1 to 6 a.m. on Friday to see if they have video of Kelley or her vehicle, a silver 2003 Nissan Xterra.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/lo...e-disappearance-of-a-boonville-woman_52665899

Everyone says their loved one would never willingly be away from their phones. Sometimes it is true, sometimes not.

The bank account is worrying though, when put together with lack of phone use.

Jmo

Sounds to me that if they had any indication/inclination that she could've simply had a wreck that they wouldn't be bringing in the big dogs, nor would they have a total of 5 detectives running the investigation. I think they have strong suspicion - and perhaps even evidence - that foul play is involved. 3 staties involved so quickly could also indicate that there were similarities with one or more of those other cases (which, of course, they publicly denied).

JMO.

Did you see the case of the missing mom who left walmart and never seen again? I do not remember where but many weeks later, they found her car down a hillside on the road between walmart and her home. I guess not one car had seen her go off the road. :( She had kids at home waiting for her and everyone said she would never ' just leave' and she didn't .

And Tanya Rider (her amazing story is featured on ID's "Disappeared"....she was in a ditch after a car accident for 8 days!! Out of view, on a main road people passed over and over searching... Just as LE was starting to move in on her husband for her murder/disappearance, she was found alive in her car!!

I feel like in an abduction, the car is just usually abandoned...not hidden or stolen along with the victim. A suspect does not want to be linked to the vehicle. Jmo

Bouncing off your post, remember in TM's case, WSers checking parking garages?

Are there any airports nearby? Places a car can be ditched???

The closest airport would be the Evansville airport, about 30 minutes west of Boonville. It is a very small airport. The Louisville, KY airport would only be about an hour and a half drive east of there though and it is much larger.

Tecumpsey High School is about 10 miles from Boonville
Boonville.
Authorities warn of suspicious man near Tecumseh schools

KPHO Posted: Jan 13, 2014 6:03 PM CST
Updated: Jan 20, 2014 5:34 PM CST
By Nick LaGrange, Reporter - bio | email
Posted by Kara Mattingly, Producer - bio | email

[...]

The identity of the man involved has only been released to Tecumseh, at this time, as he has not yet been charged with a crime.

Sheriff Brett Kruse says multiple young women have reported being harassed and followed by a man hanging out at the Country Cupboard convenience store on State Road 68. The store is located just three miles from the high school.

"When girls would come in, this male subject would leave the store and park down the street a little ways, and follow the girls, when they left. Follow them toward their residence, or wherever they were going," Kruse says.

[...]

If you're aware of this situation and you see this kind of suspicious activity, you're encouraged to call police."

http://www.14news.com/story/24438956/authorities-warn-of-suspicious-man-near-tecumseh-high-school

My question to the bartender is" Did she have the cell phone at the bar during your conversation? Is it possible during the bartenders absence that Kristy had gone into the bathroom? When was the cellphone discovered in there? We're the bathrooms checked prior to locking up for the night? As far as the video was it possible to see more than one person in the SUV? Did she have a purse with her in the bar? Or just a cell phone? Where did she carry her keys? Hard to imagine a woman forgetting a cellphone (unless intoxicated) but not a purse or keys . Remember there was only a couple of folks there at the time so distractions were minimal.

Tecumpsey High School is about 10 miles from Boonville
Boonville.
Authorities warn of suspicious man near Tecumseh schools

KPHO Posted: Jan 13, 2014 6:03 PM CST
Updated: Jan 20, 2014 5:34 PM CST
By Nick LaGrange, Reporter - bio | email
Posted by Kara Mattingly, Producer - bio | email
"The Warrick County Sheriff's Office is keeping its eyes on a Lynnville man they say may be a threat to young women in the area.

Tecumseh High School and its feeder schools are on high alert as the sheriff's office has warned them of a possible predator in the area.

The identity of the man involved has only been released to Tecumseh, at this time, as he has not yet been charged with a crime.

Sheriff Brett Kruse says multiple young women have reported being harassed and followed by a man hanging out at the Country Cupboard convenience store on State Road 68. The store is located just three miles from the high school.

"When girls would come in, this male subject would leave the store and park down the street a little ways, and follow the girls, when they left. Follow them toward their residence, or wherever they were going," Kruse says.

Gibson County Sheriff George Ballard says the man involved has been accused of the same type of harassment before in Gibson County.

School officials say they are taking every precaution in ensuring student safety.
"We sent the information to each one of our staff members. The staff have talked to the students. That's where we've went in regards to being proactive with the situation," says Richard Lance, Tecumseh's principal.

If you're aware of this situation and you see this kind of suspicious activity, you're encouraged to call police."

I guess we can assume there are no cameras at the Country Cupboard? I wonder if the employees have no clue who is or why he was hanging out there. Creepers.

I just noticed the date on this. With the hysteria in the area it's just recirculating. My apologies. Probably not related. I thought maybe they had a POI and wanted to warn the school.

Checking airport and bus station lots, etc. is meant to be a part of a checklist with missing adults, when cars are also missing. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme