IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was making plans to leave with the lady bartender what suddenly changed her mind that she just left without even telling her?

And Tanya Rider (her amazing story is featured on ID's "Disappeared"....she was in a ditch after a car accident for 8 days!! Out of view, on a main road people passed over and over searching... Just as LE was starting to move in on her husband for her murder/disappearance, she was found alive in her car!!

I saw that episode.

There have been lots of people who have disappeared on the routes they were thought to be driving and were later found along those routes - many in water, but many just in shrubbery. I'm thinking of a young man who disappeared somewhere in Georgia a couple of years ago, and a young man who disappeared driving from Davis, CA to Sacramento (about 10-15 miles). In the latter case, he had had an altercation with someone in Davis before he left, so there was suspicion about that, but he was found in his car in the shrubbery in the median of HWY 80 (where thousands of people pass each day) about a week later.

I'm wondering if someone (could have been a stranger who just wandered in), abducted her out of the bathroom. That would explain her leaving without telling her bartender friend. Video footage shows her driving towards home - I wonder what else is in that direction.

I think there are 2 plausible scenarios that I keep circling back to in regards to her leaving without saying anything to bartender: 1. She was slipped something in her drink. Perhaps that is why she went to the bathroom then preceded to pass the bartender who she had plans with and didn't talk to her. Maybe she felt sick. I know that I drink sometimes and get dizzy and just need a minute to get my footing. 2. She wasn't planning on going for the night. Maybe she passed the bartender and thought "well I will be right back"

I saw that episode.

There have been lots of people who have disappeared on the routes they were thought to be driving and were later found along those routes - many in water, but many just in shrubbery. I'm thinking of a young man who disappeared somewhere in Georgia a couple of years ago, and a young man who disappeared driving from Davis, CA to Sacramento (about 10-15 miles). In the latter case, he had had an altercation with someone in Davis before he left, so there was suspicion about that, but he was found in his car in the shrubbery in the median of HWY 80 (where thousands of people pass each day) about a week later.

I'm wondering if someone (could have been a stranger who just wandered in), abducted her out of the bathroom. That would explain her leaving without telling her bartender friend. Video footage shows her driving towards home - I wonder what else is in that direction.

She left alone and was seen leaving though.

Just seen a search dog sniffing around at the corner of Flint St. and Old Degonia. Her mother was standing by watching. My heart breaks for her. Although if she circled around to go back to get her phone from the vfw, that would be a likely route to do so.

I didn't see where anyone seen her leave. Just that when the bartender came back in from another room she was gone. I think the bartender went outside to look for her vehicle after that and it was gone well.

I didn't see where anyone seen her leave. Just that when the bartender came back in from another room she was gone. I think the bartender went outside to look for her vehicle after that and it was gone well.

Ok I guess I am confused. I thought it was said that she left without anyone?

I don't know how they would know that if no one saw her leave.

According to what i read and the pictures of the place and her that night that i have seen nobody was there but her 2 friends and her and the bartender and another couple.The 2 friends left first it was said an hour then it went to 15 minutes before her. They had a "small dispute" per the female friend that was with her. She looked really happy in the pictures so im guessing either the pics were taken before the "small dispute" or after and everything was fine. Kristy and the bartender had made plans to go hang out. Per the father they were going to close early because there was no business. I haven't heard anything about the other couple that was in there except they all knew each other and were all friends and the police had already talked to them and everything was kosher. Kristy left without saying bye or anything to the bartender. I have not read anywhere that someone seen her leave. In the picture there is a door right behind Kristy and someone said "what if someone reached in the door and grabbed her when no one was looking". The people that were there said the door was locked from the inside. I have been racking my brain about this case. Her dad said that they seen video of her but it was so blurry they couldn't make out who was driving. This whole case is really weird.

Ok I guess I am confused. I thought it was said that she left without anyone?

I don't know how they would know that if no one saw her leave.

I believe they are saying she left alone because she was the last patron in the bar, so there was no one there for her to leave with. JMO

Here are my thoughts concerning the VFW where Kristy was last seen.

Are there any other entrances into the VFW, such as a side entrance or back entrance?

Could anyone have entered or left the VFW from other entrances without being seen?

Are there any security cameras on the inside or outside of the VFW property?

What time are bars and taverns legally required to shut down for the night in the state of Indiana?

Was the bar at the VFW already closed when Kristy went to use the restroom?

During the entire time that Kristy was at the VFW, were there any unknown persons that haven’t been seen at the VFW before?

I also came off the Jennifer Huston case so that's on my mind. She looked to have been doing normal, every day things, but she was heading out to commit suicide.

Find the car, Kristy will probably be found as well. On JH's case, I kept saying accident. I was wrong. So I'm not going to say it here until we have more information.

I'm thinking the cell phone in the bathroom was just an accident, she set it down to wash her hands and walked away without it. IMO.

Why she decided to leave the VWF without her bartender friend doesn't make sense if she planned to get with her later. IMO.

In the Jennifer Huston case, I was jumping up and down proclaiming that she had to have been abducted . I was just positive that no stay-at-home Mom with two little kids, and no history of mental illness, would run off and kill herself. WRONG !

I learned my lesson on that one. This case is somewhat similar. I'm trying to use my knew found knowledge to become a better sleuther.

So from now on, everybody who mysteriously vanishes will be considered a suicide until I proclaim differently. (It's also commonly referred to as "swinging from one side of the pendulum to the other".
:banghead:

I seen that it was the plan that she was supposed to be leave alone. I dont think its fact that she left alone. Everything is really grown up here. She very possibly could have had an accident and nobody can see the vehicle from the road but i would think someone would have found tracks leaving the road. The town itself is very small, everybody knows everybody kind of town.

In Mickey Shunick's case, she was leaving a bar late, she was on her bicycle. Then, surveillance footage showed a white truck following her (which turned out to be BSL), iirc.

I can't help but wonder if she was intercepted by a predator on her way home, maybe at a light. Maybe he ran her off the road or bumped her car? Maybe she had car trouble and was met with foul play? Maybe there was a police impersonator (thinking out loud).

What 24 hour restaurants would be on her route home? Gas stations?

So, brainstorming, if she was intercepted while she was in her vehicle, chances are that there could have been a second perp (2 drive the vehicle)...(see post upstream re: 2 perps / attempted abductions in the same state, not close though, and those involved children, iirc (which as we know, doesn't often make a difference as perps can sometimes go after both adults and children)...

Terrilynn Monette disappeared on her way home from a bar. I think we came up with many possibilities during her case; it might be worth going back to her threads. We discussed car disposal options, etc (storage facility, chop shop, etc etc)..

Someone at the VFW might have seen her at the bar, left earlier and waited in prey (followed her).

As soon as I have more free time, I want to go back to square one on this, look at every inch on possible map routes.

What is good is that since LE found her phone, they will be able to see if there's anyone with whom she communicated prior to her disappearance.

I suppose suicide is an option as many have mentioned here; I'm not feeling that right now, but who knows.

Late night leaving a bar alone, no phone...

jmo

I seen that it was the plan that she was supposed to be leave alone. I dont think its fact that she left alone. Everything is really grown up here. She very possibly could have had an accident and nobody can see the vehicle from the road but i would think someone would have found tracks leaving the road. The town itself is very small, everybody knows everybody kind of town.

Agreed that if there was an accident, most likely she would be found...just keep thinking about Terrilynn...her car was there the whole time...(under the water)...

On the Nancy Grace show, they brought up the fact that there IS a person who stays behind and cleans up after everyone has left for the evening.

Much of what the cops were going on in regards to the cell phone and her leaving when she did, apparently came from interviewing this person. That was the first I had heard of that. I've heard little mention of it since, in fact, no mention of it.

I don't know if this person is male or female. It didn't appear that they were talking about the bartender, this was a "cleaning person" (as they put it.)

What I do know, this person would have been one of the last people to see her............so there ya' go.

I forgot to say, Kristy has such gorgeous eyes.

Could she have had a stalker, ex boyfriend, etc??

Any friends she might have been going to visit?

Any after parties?

Going back to review her current relationship status (and other posts, been really busy with back to school, so behind here)

Was going to say it might be good to check with teaxi companies, to see what calls in the area they received that night. LE would be able to see her phone records, if she called a cab in the bathroom...and if she was driving, felt drunk, or sick or something,she wouldn't have had her phone to call anyone...

Wait, any housing developments near the VFW? Could someone who was ON FOOT nearby have lay in wait in her car, or abducted her in the parking lot? Then gotten her to "drive".

In the Jennifer Huston case, I was jumping up and down proclaiming that she had to have been abducted . I was just positive that no stay-at-home Mom with two little kids, and no history of mental illness, would run off and kill herself. WRONG !

I learned my lesson on that one. This case is somewhat similar. I'm trying to use my knew found knowledge to become a better sleuther.

So from now on, everybody who mysteriously vanishes will be considered a suicide until I proclaim differently. (It's also commonly referred to as "swinging from one side of the pendulum to the other".
:banghead:

Suicide was off the table for me as well and I don't know why know. It's just that each time it was brought up, I was positive it wasn't the right answer. I will have to consider it now. We learn something new in each case we work at.

With Kristy, I haven't a clue. She seemed to vanish into thin air. Not sure if she is the one in the car in the video, no one saw her leave the bar. I was even wondering if she intentionally left her cell phone in the bathroom because she was trying to leave a sign that something bad was going on, because everyone says she was joined at the hip to her phone and would never be without it. So I'm wondering if it was suppose to be a clue she tried to leave behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro