IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there are a ton of underground tunnels all through the county. Houses occasionally sink into them! I'm not so sure there are easy accessible enterances though. I think once abandoned they block them.

Trying to answer a few other questions:

The local ER is open all night every day in Boonville. I'm sure the police have looked into that.

Not much else stays open late in Boonville. The Walmart here says 24 hours but I swear I've gone there before 8 am and they've been closed, so not sure it's accurate online. I'm not sure about gas stations but I think the only things open that time of night are the bars.

The example picture of a stripper pit is a good one, but not all have steep edges. Some are just pond size that has no tall edges but are a hundred feet deep or more. There are quite a few smaller ones in woods and forests that have filled with rainwater.

I don't know why they closed Scales beach. It's full this weekend (camping) but they do close the beach sometimes when they don't have enough staff to lifeguard or due to weather. Its has rained all weekend and you can't go on the beach if it is storming. It does look like swimming closes there Aug 10th, which is when the kids went back to school. I guess it's due to lack of kids to staff the beach area and lifeguard and is nothing unusual.

There are a bunch of people with the last named Scales down here. She is probably related but not necessarily closely.

"Narrowing down leads" to me to means they are eliminating the far fetched stuff they have had called in. I don't think they have much at all, but I hope I'm wrong.

Three gas stations are open 24 hours in town. Two kangaroos and a shell station. All are basically on three diff ends of town.

I wonder whos prints they found on her phone

I read this thread everyday as well as the FB page to see and hope there is something new and i have not seen anything about this. Did i miss something?

I'm unable to link scales lake from phone but, if you scroll down says beach closed as of Aug. 10 th. So, I doubt it's search related. MOO!

Oops. I didn't realize there was a St Mary's in Boonville. Sorry!

I'm confused about the 20 minute discrepancy. Are they saying 20 minutes pass between the time she left the bar and the time her car was seen on camera the FIRST time? Or 20 minutes between the time her car was seen and the second unconfirmed camera sighting? I thought it was the second one, but maybe I've been misunderstanding.

How do they know she's 15, if she's unidentified?

Yes, this.

I wonder if it's Megan Nichols. I know that's really far away from where she left from, but I would think the first thing a runaway might do is go to a big city.

I'm confused about the 20 minute discrepancy. Are they saying 20 minutes pass between the time she left the bar and the time her car was seen on camera the FIRST time? Or 20 minutes between the time her car was seen and the second unconfirmed camera sighting? I thought it was the second one, but maybe I've been misunderstanding.

The way I understand it is that that there was 20 minutes between the time she was "seen" on the first video to the time she was "seen" on the second video.

Sent from my iPhone

I would think they dusted her phone for prints. Just to see if someone else had it.

I think she was going back for her phone.
I feel she left the VFW and then went to call someone or text and realized that she left her phone.
Now did she leave it or did someone take it?
And who would have been there if she went back?

I also find it odd that they pegged the age at exactly 15 without an autopsy. Very sad. :(

I think she is only unidentified publicly, not that her body is unidentified. If that makes sense? I mean, I think LE aren't identifying her to media, but they know exactly who she is.

The car not being located is a positive.....It gives me hope, that maybe she just ran away from some problem she didn't know how to handle.....
Tho its a small hope considering not she has not been using credit cards

It was originally reported that she left the vfw around 1:30. She was seen on first video at approximately 1:50, and possibly second video 20 minutes later. The 1:30 time was a best guess because they don't know exactly when she left. Any time lapse could possibly be explained by getting stopped by a train between vfw and tastee freeze.

Someone accidently leaving their cell phone behind happens from time to time. BUT, that same person usually don't end up missing. It's too big of a coincidence for me to swallow.

As I understand it the manager was helping the new bartender with the deposit slips in the back. What happened to the manager? Was he still there?

We don't even know how much longer the bartender was at the lodge, do we? She may have been there another hour and police may know that Krista did nit make it back there. Maybe everyone still remaining at the bar all left together. I mean, I am sure the bar employees were LE's first focus. But after this many weeks, it would be good if they could give some details. Has LE said for sure foul play was committed yet? Or are they just following all of the steps, just in case? Is ANY scenario ruled out?

They have said they dont suspect foul play but their not ruling it out. This was a couple of weeks ago.

Looking at the pics on Kristy's missing person flyer, she looks like a woman who is always incredibly well put-together. Hair and make-up always look perfect. In the pic from the night she went missing, it doesn't look like she has much make-up on. Perhaps she was waiting on a phone call or text to meet up w/ someone after the VFW, got that call, decided she wanted to hurry up and meet this person(s) and not wait on her bartender friend, ran to the bathroom to fix her make-up, leaving her phone there on accident. This scenario could also explain away those extra 20 minutes between the last time she was seen and the video of her car: she was fixing herself up in the bathroom or even in her car in the parking lot.

I think she is only unidentified publicly, not that her body is unidentified. If that makes sense? I mean, I think LE aren't identifying her to media, but they know exactly who she is.

Yes-they know who she is, in my opinion-but it's not for public consumption yet, probably because her next-of-kin haven't yet been informed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove