IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought was Megan. Praying I'm wrong!

In Megan's thread, someone linked to another article saying that they knew what high school (in Indy) the girl attended. So it's not Megan.

In Megan's thread, someone linked to another article saying that they knew what high school (in Indy) the girl attended. So it's not Megan.
Just saw that, too. Glad there's still hope for MN, but hate that another child is gone.

I'm not going to give a street or address, but it is between Southide bar and City Lake #1. Just trying to give an idea of the area.

OMGosh thank you!! Now I can see and get a better idea of which direction she would have traveled in to get home. It was so close. Wow. Your clues helped a lot. And thank you Bessie for allowing it. I was looking up north-ish. Like I said, broken compass.

ETA: This is why I never volunteer to make the maps. You guys would be so confused. LOL

:dunno: but the first thing I do when I find something laying around (pretend I work in the place or may be a customer using the bathroom and find something of value in a stall I've chosen to use) is look to see if I can identify it. If the phone was found on, (here's where I'm weak - all technology but I know how to open a wallet!), isn't there a way to access the phone number within the phone? Or you can call the number listed under "mom" and leave a message a phone was found.

If the phone was lost shortly before 1:30 a.m. and was on, there probably would still be power left in the morning. If I found it, I'd be curious to know who the phone belongs to and (as a do onto others as you would have them do onto you kind of thing) let them know their phone was found and is in good hands.

If I worked in the bar and found a phone and was visiting with a specific person late into the night, I might check with them (since they were the last to leave), to see if they had their phone. But I doubt the bartender was the first one to arrive in the morning and guess she didn't use the john before leaving around 2:00 a.m.

If the phone was powered off or the battery was dead, then I guess there's no way to know whose phone it is and you'd just wait for someone to claim their lost phone. I'm curious to know if the phone was on or off when it was found or if the person who found it bothered to check. If it was an old man who found the phone, it is possible he wouldn't know how to use it!

Apparently, when the VFW people heard Kristy was missing, someone linked the lost phone to Kristy. Seeing she was the last one there, why didn't someone think about that anyway? How does the conclusion fit? Because nobody had called about a missing phone yet so it must have belonged to Kristy? Or, if Kristy's parents knew she went to the VFW, maybe they contacted the VFW first, after they discovered she didn't show up for work, and that's how the connection to the lost phone was made.

As far as I can tell, there are only three employees at the VFW. Maybe they are all bartenders and the new bartender is a relief person for the manager and other person? Do they have an active kitchen/cook?
Who came in to open? And if the cleaning person found the phone (or did he?) then how was the phone found in the morning? Who actually found the phone? Do they use a cleaning service or is the cleaning man the same guy every time along with having other roles?
Early on, one of the parents said that police have talked to the cleaning man several times.

What's strange is that the employees left Kristy sitting in the bar area alone if the doors were still unlocked. If the only reason Kristy was still there was because she was waiting for the bartender to finish working, I find it odd Kristy wouldn't walk to the office area to say she decided to go home after all. It is against common sense for Kristy to leave without saying a word. I feel the same way about her friends who claim they were expecting her over at SS. Why didn't they try to find out why Kristy was delayed when she didn't show up within a reasonable time. There's always the possibility the reports are twisted but, if not, both accounts of the night seem strange imo.
If the phone was on, I would think it would have been ringing all morning from just her parents calling to see where she is. Like you I would have looked in the cellphone phone book for "home" and give it a call to locate the owner. When I initially read that the early morning crew heard that Kristy was missing and connected the phone to her it just sounded odd.

I believe it was the Brad Byrd interview where K dad said they got up and K wasnt there. He thought she had already left for work. They went to work. later on they had to go get something so they had to drive by cvs. Thats when they noticed K car wasnt there and when everyone realized she was missing.She was scheduled to work a double that day.

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this, but here goes, I read earlier somewhere about a psychic and I wondered where I can read that information? Is it on Websleuths?

IMO the glaring 'elephant in the room' is the nearby Ohio River. There are several access points where one could just drive a car right into it and seemingly disappear in the middle of the night.

Something about Newburgh stands out to me. I guess just because it is so close.

http://historicnewburgh.org/index.php/ohio-river-scenic-byway/

I agree 100%. Not sure about Newburgh, but yeah- the Ohio River is the most obvious place to hide a car and a person.

I also still want to know if the long-term parking at EVV and nearby larger airports (Indy, Louisville) has been checked. If she was abducted, someone could have taken her car there and left it to give the impression that she left on her own.

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this, but here goes, I read earlier somewhere about a psychic and I wondered where I can read that information? Is it on Websleuths?

:newhere: , but I am pretty sure I read that it's against the rules to have any discussion on psychics on WS...that said, I do not know if that means anyone can direct you to where you could find that kind of info.

Psychics, dream interpretation, astrology are all against TOS. From what I understand, years ago, they were allowed and it created so much chaos and argument, it was decided that now it's off limits. (I hope I'm allowed to explain this without violating TOS.)

I wonder why Kristy's family hasn't offered a reward yet? I hope there isn't anyone waiting for a reward to be offered before coming forward. (Which is pretty sick IMO but I have to ask why.)

Where are you Kristy? :(

The search for Kristy Kelley has gone high tech with remote controlled drones now being used in hard to traverse terrain. This Monday news report shares that four drones have been used to search for the missing Warrick County, Indiana mother, but nothing has been found. It's now been over two weeks since she was last seen at a bar in Boonville, where she left her cellphone behind in the bathroom. Beyond this information the details just haven't changed. What happened to this missing woman, and will this case remain unsolved?

Her loved ones continue to search for answers, but media attention appears to be dwindling in the case of missing mother Kristy Kelley. Meanwhile, police in this part of Indiana are also investigating a handful of other disappearances -- including the recent disappearance of Joelle Lockwood. Police have confirmed that these two cases aren't connected, but it's still hard to ignore the fact that numerous women are missing in the state of Indiana, and many of their cases remain unsolved.

More at link (nothing new unfortunately): http://www.examiner.com/article/kristy-kelley-missing-over-two-weeks

The search for Kristy Kelley has gone high tech with remote controlled drones now being used in hard to traverse terrain. This Monday news report shares that four drones have been used to search for the missing Warrick County, Indiana mother, but nothing has been found. It's now been over two weeks since she was last seen at a bar in Boonville, where she left her cellphone behind in the bathroom. Beyond this information the details just haven't changed. What happened to this missing woman, and will this case remain unsolved?

Her loved ones continue to search for answers, but media attention appears to be dwindling in the case of missing mother Kristy Kelley. Meanwhile, police in this part of Indiana are also investigating a handful of other disappearances -- including the recent disappearance of Joelle Lockwood. Police have confirmed that these two cases aren't connected, but it's still hard to ignore the fact that numerous women are missing in the state of Indiana, and many of their cases remain unsolved.

More at link (nothing new unfortunately): http://www.examiner.com/article/kristy-kelley-missing-over-two-weeks

Thanks, Texasgirl. It gets discouraging. Besides wanting her to just to show back up, I think we all are so hoping they can find her vehicle. To state the obvious, it seems like things are at a standstill.

I know LE has to do their job and have total understanding/respect for that, and nobody wants them releasing details regarding that night if it hinders the investigation...but just sayin' that if they have pursued all possible leads and continue to hit roadblocks (if that is what's going on), then sometimes releasing more of the details is the only thing left for others to be able to truly help resolve this. But, of course, I'm sure they know all this.

I really hope LE is onto something and that is why we aren't hearing much...

I could be wrong but from reading the father's post each day in the fb group. I don't think they know much of anything. I think they are just as lost as we are. I hope i am wrong jmo

I could be wrong but from reading the father's post each day in the fb group. I don't think they know much of anything. I think they are just as lost as we are. I hope i am wrong jmo

Oh, lordy.

Psychics, dream interpretation, astrology are all against TOS. From what I understand, years ago, they were allowed and it created so much chaos and argument, it was decided that now it's off limits. (I hope I'm allowed to explain this without violating TOS.)

I had a vision that you were going to say this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow