IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about Newburgh stands out to me. I guess just because it is so close.

There is a woman that was abducted from Newburgh Beach, Kentucky and is still missing to this day. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Heather Danyelle Teague, a 23 year old woman, was sunbathing on August 26, 1995 at Newburgh Beach, Kentucky when she was abducted. Newburgh Beach is on the Ohio River in Kentucky and directly across from Newburgh, Indiana.

Her disappearance is listed in the Kentucky State Police cold case website and on Doe Network.

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/cold_case/post16coldcase16.php

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1325dfky.html

An updated news story about the unsolved disappearance of Heather Danyelle Teague was in the news media a few days before Kristy Kelley disappeared.

http://www.14news.com/story/155582/unsolved-crimes-heather-teague

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/sto...agues-disappeara/35757/oEEEBCUMvEmUit34Q39GjA

http://www.whas11.com/news/KSP-stil...e-kidnapping-of-Heather-Teague-271160091.html

Heather Danyelle Teague has a thread on Websleuths about her abduction and disappearance.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?9955-KY-Heather-Teague-23-Spottsville-26-Aug-1995

There is a woman that was abducted from Newburgh Beach, Kentucky and is still missing to this day. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Heather Danyelle Teague, a 23 year old woman, was sunbathing on August 26, 1995 at Newburgh Beach, Kentucky when she was abducted. Newburgh Beach is on the Ohio River in Kentucky and directly across from Newburgh, Indiana.

*snipped*

Thank you for posting this Nerosleuth. I remember this case and honestly had forgotten about it. I will go get caught up and hopefully it will give me something to do while I wait, wait....and wait on new information about Kristy.

I think I've seen a show about Heather Teague's case but I can't remember what it was. I think there was a reenactment. Or, it may have been a different story?!

Kristy not following thru with her plans with anyone that night andleaving the phone behind makes me wonder if she may have had alot on her mind and no one picked up on it? I wonder if she had a favorite spot she would go to when she needed to clear her head?Looking at this from a perspective of her taking her life.

I wonder why Kristy's family hasn't offered a reward yet? I hope there isn't anyone waiting for a reward to be offered before coming forward. (Which is pretty sick IMO but I have to ask why.)

Where are you Kristy? :(

There was a Go Fund Me account set up for a Help Find Kristy reward fund. It was approved by Kristy's family and collected a little over $1000 and had a goal of $5000. The account was then shut down by the family because they did not want it to interfere with the investigation. I am still very curious about the reason a reward fund might interfere with the investigation.
Later on they set up another Go Fund Me account for a drone to assist in the search. I am not questioning their fund raising efforts. The amounts requests were low and very reasonable. I am just curious why the reward fund might have been shut down. I would think that having a reward would be great. Does anyone know why a reward might not be offered in a missing person case when funds are available for a reward? The only thing I can think of is maybe they are pretty sure there was no foul play or other person involved so there would be no need for a reward. Maybe they are pretty sure she had an accident or left on her own. Just speculation. I really don't know. I hope she is found soon!

Indianamom, this is exactly what I am wondering. Why would it hinder the investigation to have a reward? I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't offer a reward?! I was really hoping someone could shed some light on this because I can't figure it out.

I hope she is found soon too. The waiting is killing me....I can't imagine what her family (especially her babies) are going through! :(

Kristy not following thru with her plans with anyone that night andleaving the phone behind makes me wonder if she may have had alot on her mind and no one picked up on it? I wonder if she had a favorite spot she would go to when she needed to clear her head?Looking at this from a perspective of her taking her life.

My brain just won't let me go in that direction yet. I pray like crazy that this isn't the case but the other alternative in my head isn't much better. I am just in shock that her car hasn't been found. Those stripper pits are sounding more and more likely as the days go by.

I agree 100%. Not sure about Newburgh, but yeah- the Ohio River is the most obvious place to hide a car and a person.

I also still want to know if the long-term parking at EVV and nearby larger airports (Indy, Louisville) has been checked. If she was abducted, someone could have taken her car there and left it to give the impression that she left on her own.

I'm less than a mile away from EVV airport. I will check the long term parking lot now.

Indianamom, this is exactly what I am wondering. Why would it hinder the investigation to have a reward? I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't offer a reward?! I was really hoping someone could shed some light on this because I can't figure it out.

I hope she is found soon too. The waiting is killing me....I can't imagine what her family (especially her babies) are going through! :(

Here are a few reasons:

1. The number of bogus tips increases proportionately to the dollar amount of the reward.

2. A large reward is an incentive for unscrupulous PI's, bounty hunters, and other non-LE types. Often enough, these mercenaries do interfere with investigations.

3. Among the general public, there are those who believe that a $5 contribution entitles them to all of the details held by LE, and the right to scrutinize and judge the families, and sometimes the victims, as well.

JMO. I have no idea if any of these factors apply in this particular case.

I was looking at a corn field when I went out this after noon. The rolls are so thick together and so high you wouldnt be able to see anything until its harvested. I suppose if a car ranoff into one there would be a patch of broken down corn. Just know there have been alot of bodies found in corn fields.

Bessie, I didn't think of ANY of those! Thank you...your post was very helpful!!

Sent from my iPhone

Not a word from KK....Not an item found of KK's........only the phone........no car....no ransom...no sightings.....no nothing....disappeared without a trace

I find it hard to believe that her phone did not provide ANY clues....last text, last call??? I wonder if LE took her computer?

All I can think about are her children....so, so heartbreaking

Rewards are pretty standard in these cases though they almost never make any difference, Imo. Anyone with valid info after a certain point is likely involved to some degree, if a crime occurred. The reward for Lauren Spierer is about $250k and it seems pretty certain some people know something, yet it has been over three years with no closure. Also in Holly Bobo's case, the reward was similar. Sadly, if rewards are paid out it seems more likely to be to someone who finds a body by accident. All jmo.

There are so many kind hearted people out searching for her that I am glad a reward isn't there to muddy their motives of honestly wanting to find her. What I mean is they don't need people making them feel like they are doing it for a reward because obviously they aren't since there isn't one.

Not a word from KK....Not an item found of KK's........only the phone........no car....no ransom...no sightings.....no nothing....disappeared without a trace

I find it hard to believe that her phone did not provide ANY clues....last text, last call??? I wonder if LE took her computer?

All I can think about are her children....so, so heartbreaking

So perplexing. With very little water around, I'm beginning to believe someone dumped the car far away. I don't think this was an accident, FWIW.

Hey guys. I told you wrong. It isnt Joelles mom. Its Heather Teagues mom.Sorry about that.

I can't help thinking she had become involved with a man and had not told her friends about him as she knew they would not approve, or they did know and did not approve. Yet nothing of that sort has come out and nothing from her phone that we know of. A random perp just seems so unlikely at that hour, place, size of town, etc.

Just unreal her car is still missing...that is what keeps me from ruling out some bizarre accident. But it sure seems as though LE has done some serious searching.

Maybe she had a secret phone/Tracfone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member