IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We often ask this of our 21 year old son, due to the fact that if he's out with friends and they have a DD sometimes he stays at his friends house instead of making them bring him all the way home. So it could be something as innocent as that, or a boyfriend too.

I see what you are saying, and I appreciate it. Because I do not have perspective of a son or daughter at that age, I need a new way to look at it...what may seem a certain way to me is not necessarily so, and this is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for -- TY! :)

Im open to any possibility right now with no info and that car not being found. Anything from run a way, suicide, abducted, foul play and even possibly an accident. I still keep going back to all the possible coincidences that night. KK not following through with any plans she made that night, argument that became small dispute and cell left behind and finally vanishing . I honestly don't know what to make of any of it.

BBM. I know exactly where you got that feeling. I get the same one. And it makes sense why he would ask her if she had been seeing someone casually. Also...it might explain why the parents would not be immediately concerned if they did not see her first thing in the morning (thinking she was either already at work and went straight there from a possible boyfriend's place.) But, it WOULD explain why they would be very concerned when they didn't see her car parked at her workplace later that day. It was debated early on that she may have a romantic interest (not sleuthing or insinuation any involvement). However, with many others having the "gut" feeling that maybe KK was hoping a certain someone might come to the VFW or perhaps she was really hoping to meet up with this person.

Again, I am not saying this person is involved in her disappearance, but it might give a clue as to her route if she did drive out of town.

I still find it so odd that she wanted to be out so late (1:30 am is very late for me) and having to work a double shift starting to early (7:30).

Regarding your bringing up the possibility of a romantic interest in her life -- I have a question to ask about that. In post #228, there's a link (provided by "concernedmother") of that Byrd interview with Kristy's Dad. THAT'S the one I saw (thanks, "cm,") when I did my long post regarding her cellphone and referred to viewing something, somewhere about her parents seeing Kristy before she left that evening. Her parents saw her leave from their house at about 5 p.m., per her Dad's recollection, from that Byrd interview...

At the very beginning of the Byrd interview, they discuss what the Dad said/asked Kristy before she went out...one thing the father asked her was if she would be home that evening. I never really understood why he asked her that question because: 1) she lives with them 2) she had to start work early the next day and 3) if her kids were at her ex-husband's house, it did not make sense to me that she would stay overnight there.

So I just did not get why he asked that, which is why I tacked on to this post. All I could think (about her Dad's question) was that maybe she sometimes stayed at a boyfriend's house. I am not trying to start up a rumor here -- just really asking if that question to Kristy makes sense, in some other way, to anyone. Sure, she could stay at a girlfriend's house (or I guess the "couple" she was apparently out with), but that just seemed really impractical, as she would have to have her work clothes, makeup and etc., unless she would come home right before work to get ready, which just seems like too much trouble.

But I didn't know if that question was her Dad's polite way of asking her if she was staying over at a boyfriend's (or his discreet way of not revealing boyfriend info by how he phrased it in the interview) -- or if someone reads it differently.

It did not appear (to me) that the Dad was joking around with her, and I just went back to replay it -- it seemed to me he was very sincere in wanting to know where she'd be. I have not read anything about a boyfriend though, and nobody local on here has mentioned it...but if she did have one, it seems a little odd that he was not with her at the bar, but there could be several reasons for that, like he didn't want to be out that late, etc. In the Mom's interview with Byrd, she expressed something about Kristy needing to be home to get sleep before work, so it did not appear (from that snippet) that Kristy is the type to stay out all night and then quickly come home to get ready for work (plus she was working a double shift).

But her Dad DID ask Kristy that question, so not sure what to make of it.
:confused:

Me neither, "concerned mother," from Post #282 -- do NOT know what to make of it (somehow messed up your post copying here):

I have a few theories that seem more probable to me than others, but that is it. Feeling disheartened...and that is probably not the "strong steel" most Wsers are made of...perhaps I am too sensitive to be a WSer!

I just got the feeling from listening to KK mom last night that no one really has a clue yet what happened to her.

I just got the feeling from listening to KK mom last night that no one really has a clue yet what happened to her.

I hear ya...Heather's mother made a few references in that interview that made me feel like she thinks it is foul play with Kristy, but maybe I am reading into that.

Just rough.

Does anyone know the answers to these questions?

1. Was Kristy a member of the VFW?
2. If a non-member wants to spend time in the bar area, does the non-member have to be accompanied by member?
3. Had Kristy been to the VFW prior to the night she went missing?
4. For the locals, did people around KK's age group often hangout at the VFW?

Me neither, "concerned mother," from Post #282 -- do NOT know what to make of it (somehow messed up your post copying here):

I have a few theories that seem more probable to me than others, but that is it. Feeling disheartened...and that is probably not the "strong steel" most Wsers are made of...perhaps I am too sensitive to be a WSer!

BBM

Me too friend. If it makes you feel any better, I am always happy to see you in this thread. You offer a lot in the way of discussion and your posts always give me something to think about. I sometimes feel that I am too sensitive to be here as well. But it's okay if I cry and get emotional over these cases....they are real people with families and people who love them. We can't apologize for caring and hoping for the best. Hang in there! I am hopeful that we will all get the closure we need....and the closure the family so desperately needs. And I will choose to believe that we will get resolution sooner than later because in my world, it's all unicorns and rainbows. ;) And I think every kind of personality is needed here. Including my crazy self. :happydance:

Any thoughts on if she could have inadvertently ticked off a customer in the last days leading up to her missing? She did work as a pharmacy tech as I understand, so does that also mean she was waiting on customers....

She could have legally refused to fill a customer’s prescription, or she could have reported on someone who was illegally trying to obtain controlled substances from a pharmacy.

BBM

Me too friend. If it makes you feel any better, I am always happy to see you in this thread. You offer a lot in the way of discussion and your posts always give me something to think about. I sometimes feel that I am too sensitive to be here as well. But it's okay if I cry and get emotional over these cases....they are real people with families and people who love them. We can't apologize for caring and hoping for the best. Hang in there! I am hopeful that we will all get the closure we need....and the closure the family so desperately needs. And I will choose to believe that we will get resolution sooner than later because in my world, it's all unicorns and rainbows. ;) And I think every kind of personality is needed here. Including my crazy self. :happydance:

Thanks, my Texas friend. And I love your "crazy self," except you are not crazy. Just sweet and caring...and always enjoy your insight. :slapfight: Okay, that icon actually is not on-point -- it said "slap fight," and when would I ever be able to use that (?), so it is strictly for your amusement. Yeah, I can be a big goofball. :takeabow:

But seriously, thanks for the encouragement -- and back at ya...I can't stop caring, so here I am. :wave:...still here.

Just wish I knew where Kristy was.

She could have legally refused to fill a customer’s prescription, or she could have reported on someone who was illegally trying to obtain controlled substances from a pharmacy.

Although I fear her situation does not involve foul play, I would be curious as to the role a pharmacy plays in reporting fake scripts, doctor shopping, etc. Wonder if realizing a pharmacy was 'on to you" be enough to warrant some sort of a revengeful tactic.

They did just find one of the girls that has been missing down here, Brianna.

http://fox59.com/2014/09/02/police-missing-indiana-womans-remains-found-in-jay-county/

She was missing from Muncie, not from down here. I don't think her case is related to Kristy's.

Does anyone know the answers to these questions?

1. Was Kristy a member of the VFW?

I don't think you can be a VFW member unless you are literally a VFW. (Veteran of a Foreign War). [/quote]

2. If a non-member wants to spend time in the bar area, does the non-member have to be accompanied by member?
3. Had Kristy been to the VFW prior to the night she went missing?
4. For the locals, did people around KK's age group often hangout at the VFW?

I think if the VFW is open as a regular bar, you don't have to be accompanied by a member. I could be wrong about that, though. I don't know the answer to your other two questions, other than to say that this is a rural area that does not have a big active nightlife. There aren't a lot of bars and clubs and stuff, so it's not unusual for people to go to the VFW or Legion or Moose Lodge to drink. Most little towns have at least one of those. But whether the VFW is a popular hangout for young people, I couldn't tell you.

Although I fear her situation does not involve foul play, I would be curious as to the role a pharmacy plays in reporting fake scripts, doctor shopping, etc. Wonder if realizing a pharmacy was 'on to you" be enough to warrant some sort of a revengeful tactic.

Did Kristy work in the actual pharmacy, or did she work in the retail section of the CVS?

^ IIRC she is a pharmacy tech? And fb says Ivy Tech, which offers Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT). So....

All I could think (about her Dad's question) was that maybe she sometimes stayed at a boyfriend's house. I am not trying to start up a rumor here -- just really asking if that question to Kristy makes sense, in some other way, to anyone. Sure, she could stay at a girlfriend's house (or I guess the "couple" she was apparently out with), but that just seemed really impractical, as she would have to have her work clothes, makeup and etc., unless she would come home right before work to get ready, which just seems like too much trouble.

Agreed. Also, I am wondering if the "dispute" was regarding a man in Kristy's life that her two friends did not approve of. It would be helpful to know what the dispute was about.

BBM. I know exactly where you got that feeling. I get the same one. And it makes sense why he would ask her if she had been seeing someone casually. Also...it might explain why the parents would not be immediately concerned if they did not see her first thing in the morning (thinking she was either already at work and went straight there from a possible boyfriend's place.) But, it WOULD explain why they would be very concerned when they didn't see her car parked at her workplace later that day. It was debated early on that she may have a romantic interest (not sleuthing or insinuation any involvement). However, with many others having the "gut" feeling that maybe KK was hoping a certain someone might come to the VFW or perhaps she was really hoping to meet up with this person.

Again, I am not saying this person is involved in her disappearance, but it might give a clue as to her route if she did drive out of town.

I still find it so odd that she wanted to be out so late (1:30 am is very late for me) and having to work a double shift starting to early (7:30).

I think maybe she was waiting on someone who never showed..maybe that was the "discussion" she had with friends who wanted to leave and she stayed. Otherwise like you wrote ,why stay till closing with a double shift starting early.. Two important conversations we are not privvy to , the one with the couple and the other with the bartender.

A Pharmacy Tech does everything a Pharmacist does, under the supervision of a Pharmacist. Also a Pharmacist must sign off(check the script and the meds) on the prescription before the customer receives it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*