IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EyeOnPrize, I'm snipping your post for brevity, but thank you for such a thoughtful post. My only thought is that if she had the phone until say 3 or even 5am, wouldn't LE know this and be focusing on the VFW? Surely there would be call/text/data records at that time if she's anything like any other twenty something girl (myself included). It seems that if LE knew she was IN the VFW til 3 or 5 or whatever and only one other person could have been there (cleaning guy), we'd have heard something or had some movement in the case.

We often ask this of our 21 year old son, due to the fact that if he's out with friends and they have a DD sometimes he stays at his friends house instead of making them bring him all the way home. So it could be something as innocent as that, or a boyfriend too.
I would agree. I am 31 and after a divorce, I am back home. It's like being a teen all over again with my mom ... she constantly wants to know who what where when and why ... and if I tell her I'm coming home I get bombarded with texts and calls starting at 11 (even though I'm never home before 1 and had told her my plans). She actually came into my work last week and before she left, she asked loudly ... "are you coming home tonight" because I was going out for awhile .... talk about embarrassing lol

Also, as a 31 year old single mother ... plans easily change especially if you don't have your children the next day. Its stressful going through things like this and I went out and partied like I was 22 again ... I got drunk fast, lost my phone, made bad decisions, drove when I shouldn't have etc. That's why this case is close to me... it could be any number if reasons she is missing ... her car missing still is the most baffling ... the longer it's gone, the more I lean towards accident (backwards from most thoughts, but I think if it was an abduction or car jacking it would have been found.)

I'm really hoping they checked all the local fast food joints still open ... that's where I'd be heading before going home or to another place. Imho

Non vfw members drink at our local ones ... or they'd have no business honestly.

I realllly hope I'm wrong, but the longer it goes without even her car being found leads me to believe its in one of these stripper pits....

I would agree. I am 31 and after a divorce, I am back home. It's like being a teen all over again with my mom ... she constantly wants to know who what where when and why ... and if I tell her I'm coming home I get bombarded with texts and calls starting at 11 (even though I'm never home before 1 and had told her my plans). She actually came into my work last week and before she left, she asked loudly ... "are you coming home tonight" because I was going out for awhile .... talk about embarrassing lol

Also, as a 31 year old single mother ... plans easily change especially if you don't have your children the next day. Its stressful going through things like this and I went out and partied like I was 22 again ... I got drunk fast, lost my phone, made bad decisions, drove when I shouldn't have etc. That's why this case is close to me... it could be any number if reasons she is missing ... her car missing still is the most baffling ... the longer it's gone, the more I lean towards accident (backwards from most thoughts, but I think if it was an abduction or car jacking it would have been found.)

I'm really hoping they checked all the local fast food joints still open ... that's where I'd be heading before going home or to another place. Imho

Thanks, Stacy. As serious as this case is, I had to laugh reading about your Mom making you feel like a teen again. I know your Mom means well (Moms just can't stop being Moms, which is so fabulous...and sometimes maybe not so fabulous ;))... but your Mom at your workplace inquiring on your plans like that made me laugh out loud. ;)

You gave me a different way to look at this case...I had thought of the "just want to get out and let loose" idea before re: Kristy, but somehow, the way you described your feelings made me reflect more seriously on this being a possibility.

There is one thing we do know: at around 1:30 a.m., Kristy was still at the bar. That is LATE, especially for having to work a double shift the next day. So right there, that does say something...that she DID want to stay out late. No judgment in that -- but just that it kind of goes along with what is your alternative theory...that maybe she was not being what others would consider her more responsible self. Maybe she was just in a different stage for a time, for some of the reasons you mentioned. So the other aspects you mentioned to go along with that (including just plain forgetting her phone after being at the bar so long)...I understand your thinking on it.

Yes, that's an entirely possible scenario. And it would then take us more toward her later having an accident. I had said before that an accident seemed less likely to me the more time that goes by...but there are legitimate reasons why her vehicle may not be easy to find in that region, especially from what locals are saying about stripper pits, etc.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Still no news - Kristy's case in going cold :maddening::maddening:

:notgood: Not with us around it's not. I wish they'd give us SOMETHING. I hate it when LE is this quiet. It leaves me to speculate and that's not good for anyone. I wish they would release something....anything!!

Oh Kristy....where are you?? :(

The other thing I have been thinking about is the other missing women in the area....i don't believe in coincidences. They were all moms in thief 20s

Well, I ended up deleting a post I wrote to (former) local resident "3dognight" because I realized some of the questions I was going to ask him may be "out of bounds" (could have been considered as off-limits sleuthing or just rumor-driven info).

So yeah, I guess I'm feeling a little desperate for info.:waiting:

Thanks for the replies....

You guys are correct about WS and that Kristy's case will never be "cold" here but I can't believe that there is no LE pressers or news stories....

Reminds me of Kortne Stouffer from PA.....vanished from her house

I'm sorry but I find it really off that we haven't heard anything from LE for days (even weeks I think?). Only updates come through Find Kristy FB page and even then it is nothing new.

Is the media not pressing LE for a statement regarding the status of KKs case?? Anyone else find it odd?? I mean even if they don't have anything new...I would think they would still release an update regarding a missing mother..

I'm sorry but I find it really off that we haven't heard anything from LE for days (even weeks I think?). Only updates come through Find Kristy FB page and even then it is nothing new.

Is the media not pressing LE for a statement regarding the status of KKs case?? Anyone else find it odd?? I mean even if they don't have anything new...I would think they would still release an update regarding a missing mother..

I don't really get it either. There is a part of me that has been holding out hope that it may be a good sign, in terms that LE may be "onto something" and that is why no info is coming out...I can think of a couple of other reasons, but just guessing in the dark.

But when someone on here familiar with the area said LE is also (paraphrasing here) about as perplexed as we are, then it sort of brought me out of my overly optimistic thinking...I just don't know. Again, if they are truly at a standstill, I would think they would be giving out some more details to solicit help from the public (understanding LE is going to be cautious though, if they think something may break soon)...but I'm clueless.:confused:

Pretty much why i haven't posted on this thread in awhile. Seems like we are just all going in circles. I come on here to read what you guys post but it pretty much seems like they have nothing..Where are you Kristy?

I am wondering if they should check her phone for towers pings anyway, whats to stop someone from taking her phone back to the vfw the next day leaving it in the bathroom like she lost it?

Pretty much why i haven't posted on this thread in awhile. Seems like we are just all going in circles. I come on here to read what you guys post but it pretty much seems like they have nothing..Where are you Kristy?

It feels pretty much like:
:treadmill:

Not sure if we are allowed to discuss a rumor at all but early on- on the Facebook page there was a post from a lady talking about driving between Spencer Co & Warrick Co, earlier this summer: a man in a golf cart/gator type vehicle waiting at a RR Crossing & intentionally hitting her car She said she felt terror & that he was after her. She reported it all to LE. I have never been able to forget that story. It has been deleted from the account but her story was so vivid. Of course it could all be lies...

I am really thinking & more afraid she went missing of her own accord:( I know that isn't a 'correct' thing to say, but I venture I am not alone thinking that .....sadly.
i hope i am wrong

I also live in Boonville and have been lurking and reading the comments here. Thought I'd join and give my 2 cents with some random thoughts.

I'm not a Boonville native, but my husband grew up in Boonville. My husband told me that there are cars in those pits that have been there for decades. Evidently it was a popular way to collect insurance money on a "stolen" car. The poster that said one could hide a semi in those pits wasn't kidding. If the unthinkable happened and someone put Kristy and her car into one of those pits, it makes me sick to say that I don't think she will ever be found.

About the video tapes…if Kristy realized she had left her phone at the VFW after she passed the Tastee Freeze (tape 1) and the Baptist Church (tape 2) she would be on a one-way street (E. Main) going west. It makes no sense at all that for her to return to the VFW by turning right (north) and taking a circuitous route on side streets winding up behind or beside the Tastee Freeze again (tape 3). The logical and fastest route would be for her to turn left (south) go one block to the one-way street (E. Locust) going east back toward the VFW. If she had done that, she would have again passed the Baptist Church and in front of the Tastee Freeze. IF the car in tape 3 (behind/beside Tastee Freeze) is Kristy's, I don't think she was driving it.

Something really rang a bell with me about Kristy being a pharmacy tech and Warrick Hospital ER. There are ALL kinds of characters at that ER after midnight. No doubt she would know some of them from working in a pharmacy. It's possible someone who had just been to the ER waved Kristy down or met Kristy in the VFW parking lot and asked for a ride. Use your imagination from there. This might explain why no abandoned car was found at the VFW…the person walked to or was dropped off at the ER and needed a ride when released. It might also explain why possibly her car was seen on street behind or beside the Tastee Freeze (tape 3)…remember, I don't think she was driving it at that point. I hope LE has thoroughly checked every ER patient from that night!

Why didn't Kristy's parents or anybody realize she was missing until later that afternoon? She never missed work yet none of her co-workers thought to call her or her parents? When she wasn't home and her parents woke up, they thought she had gone to work, but didn't call her to make sure she was ok??? I don't care how old my daughter is, if she had gone out partying the night before and I didn't see her in the morning, I'd be calling to make sure she got to work ok….but that's just me, I guess. This makes me think that it wasn't that unusual for Kristy not to come home sometimes.

This all sounds like I'm leaning foul play, but I'm not really there yet. I am leaning toward KISS…she was really buzzed, sleepy, whatever and drove off the road into a stripper pit. There are a couple of pits very close to the highway on the north edge of town on Highway 61…I sincerely hope they've been checked thoroughly.

Just my 2 cents and sorry for being so long winded!

Jmo this silence does not seem like the kind when LE knows much more than the public. Her parents seem to be at a complete loss and no real rumors seem to be swirling.

Also...I never thought Erin Corwin would be located, down in one of those abandoned mines in the desert in CA...was shocked when she was found. I wonder if it is much the same situation, as far number of mines, etc.?

I could not imagine being a parent and knowing those stripper pits are there and them not being checked. I would be raising hell and they would have to sedate me or arrest me but i would not stop until those pits were somehow checked if that was my daughter missing. I don't live there and i don't really know anything about these pits except what i have read on here. I still don't understand why they haven't found some kind of resource to search them somehow some way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery