IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet LE must know a lot of these answers, and they do not seem to be helping...

Would like to know what happened to the VFW manager. He apparently was still there and no one ever mentions him.

No one mentions the cleaner or the manager. I know we aren't supposed to sleuth them but I can't resist wondering....

Was she having problems with her parents? Maybe she was hanging around VFW cause she didn't want to go home

I think a good idea would be to fly drones over those stripper pits late in the afternoon or on calm, cloudy days. Flying over the water when the sun is shining is going to severely limit visibility down into the water with the reflection of the sun coming off the water. If they can fly drones over some of those bodies of water on a cloudy day or a couple of hours before dusk, there is a chance that they might be able to see something reflecting under the surface, as long as it isn't super deep. I know it is a shot in the dark, but I'm pretty sure everything around there that is on dry ground has been scoured by now. Some areas have probably been searched repeatedly.

Her car wasn't dropped from the air into the center of one of them, so most likely scanning around the shoreline out to about 50 feet from the edge should be sufficient for a search perimeter. If any of the locals that live there happen to come across one of the people in charge of the search efforts, it might be a good idea to make the suggestion. The best way to see down into the water is going to be above it, when the sun isn't creating a glare. If the wind isn't blowing, even better, no ripples on the water.

The guys that own those drones love to take them out and play with them, so here is their chance to get out and have some fun and maybe do a whole lot of good in the process. Start with the pits closest to town and fan out from there. If they could fly over a half dozen a day, then review the videos, that would be a pretty good start.

Are those old strip mines accessible to the public, or do they have a lot of them barricaded and fenced in ?

Everywhere I'm familiar with, bodies of water comparable to Stripper pits would be fenced off and access restricted. Are there any such places near Boonville that you could actually drive to? The same with the Ohio or any other river; are there places when you can drive right up to water deep enough to push a car in so that it will not be found.

The is a large river near where I live and numerous lakes, reservoirs and gravel pits but I can't think of a single spot where such a thing could be done. There are a few spots where a car, moving very fast, might get into deep enough water to sink out of sight, but it is hard to get a car very far just pushing it. Wharfs and piers are one place this can be done. Around here, access is pretty much restricted but it may be different in Indiana.

It's pretty absurd that she, along with her car, are still missing. One of those two should have been located by now. There is no water of significance around there. The terrain seems pretty flat. It is doubtful that she drove miles away of her own volition and got into some random accident on a winding road. She had to go to work the next morning for chrissakes. She lived blocks away from where she was last seen. It's not like she led a volatile life. There are no parallels with the suicide case in Oregon. That lady clearly had a plan, and the terrain there made it difficult to find her. Not the case here.

The probability of her being in the general area where she went missing is high. No idea why LE can't seem to get it together for this case. Media needs to pressure them into taking more action, to include communicating with the general public.

I don't think you know the terrain around here very well. It's not that flat. There are also lots of fields covered in 8 foot tall corn, and plenty of wooded areas. Not to mention stripper pits and abandoned mines. And there is water of significance around here. It's called the Ohio River. The Wabash isn't that far away, either.

I really don't think LE is dragging their feet. There is public pressure; this case is huge news around here. I think LE is just stumped.

I stand corrected... I was going from this article.....http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5698229

There are several articles like that floating around. I just get frustrated that the media is trying to stir up panic and convince people there is a serial killer in the area when, so far, there is no real evidence to that effect. Yes, it is scary that we've had so many missing people lately, but the circumstances of each disappearance have been very different.

I'm sure this has been explored by LE, but does anyone have any idea why she was separated from her husband? From experience and lots of years and lots of friends divorces usually there is someone else involved when a couple with children separate. Maybe there was someone else that she didn't want people to know about? I know that personally for me when I got involved with another person while separated from my husband because he left me, I didn't really tell anyone about him for a while, just didn't think it was a good idea to be seeing someone while I was not divorced because of custody issues, etc. Maybe that's why she was stalling at VFW, wanted to see if someone new showed up? Just a thought.

I don't think you know the terrain around here very well. It's not that flat. There are also lots of fields covered in 8 foot tall corn, and plenty of wooded areas. Not to mention stripper pits and abandoned mines. And there is water of significance around here. It's called the Ohio River. The Wabash isn't that far away, either.

I really don't think LE is dragging their feet. There is public pressure; this case is huge news around here. I think LE is just stumped.

See, this confuses me because when this case first started and I suggested that maybe she had an accident, drove into water somewhere, I was told that wasn't possible, because there is nothing there, no water for her to drive in to, and it's all nothingness. Now I hear there is water galore around there she could have driven in to, and these stripper pits filled with enough water to hide a semi in, and there are loads of cornfields that could hid a body or whatnot. During this case, we are getting a whole different perspective on what we were given originally. That's what has me confused. FWIW.

I'm sure this has been explored by LE, but does anyone have any idea why she was separated from her husband? From experience and lots of years and lots of friends divorces usually there is someone else involved when a couple with children separate. Maybe there was someone else that she didn't want people to know about? I know that personally for me when I got involved with another person while separated from my husband because he left me, I didn't really tell anyone about him for a while, just didn't think it was a good idea to be seeing someone while I was not divorced because of custody issues, etc. Maybe that's why she was stalling at VFW, wanted to see if someone new showed up? Just a thought.

I kept a very low profile after my separation - and divorce two years later.... heck I still fly under the radar when I can. I have this one best friend that I have known since 3rd grade. We live 1000 miles apart now, but I still call her and tell her when I'm gonna be off the grid, where, with whom, and when to expect me back. Now my teenage son and mom may think I'm doing girls weekend at the beach. Might not keep me alive, but somebody will know where to look .

It really worries me that this case is soooooo very quiet - no gossip - no nothing...

See, this confuses me because when this case first started and I suggested that maybe she had an accident, drove into water somewhere, I was told that wasn't possible, because there is nothing there, no water for her to drive in to, and it's all nothingness. Now I hear there is water galore around there she could have driven in to, and these stripper pits filled with enough water to hide a semi in, and there are loads of cornfields that could hid a body or whatnot. During this case, we are getting a whole different perspective on what we were given originally. That's what has me confused. FWIW.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a Terrilynn Monette sort of vibe right from the start, but then from what I'd read it didn't seem as if that could be the case .... but now I'm back there again.

This version is the correct one. If she lost control of her car it seems there would be some visible signs tho as broken down corn etc.

This version is the correct one. If she lost control of her car it seems there would be some visible signs tho as broken down corn etc.

yes, but this makes me think of the two teens driving to myrtle beach in NC. There was no sign of them or there car, which ended up being in a river. They had somehow driven to the other side of a guardrail and down a ravine...there were no signs this had happened.

On her typical route home there would not have been any large bodies of water or fields. (She was only a few blocks away) If she drove out of town to the north, south or east it gets very remote very fast! It would be difficult to accidentally drive into the river but you could place a car/body there if you were trying. Some of the stripper pits are difficult to access but some are reclaimed for fishing etc. Those could easily have a SUV hidden in them. Warrick County has some very remote areas and many acres of farm ground. It is like trying to locate a needle in a haystack!

New search for Kristy tomorrow - looks like they are planning to start searching some of the water.
"They are also looking for boaters with sonar"

http://m.14news.com/14news/db/345625/content/tSlhSuDz
It's about time. I wouldn't be surprised to see volunteers with boats come from out of town. They'll need some equipped with deep water sonar, that's for sure.

ETA: Has anyone heard if TES has been asked to come in and search? I know they have a deep sonar vessel.

:crossfingers:

If her car were in the water there should be an oil slick on the water.

On her typical route home there would not have been any large bodies of water or fields. (She was only a few blocks away) If she drove out of town to the north, south or east it gets very remote very fast! It would be difficult to accidentally drive into the river but you could place a car/body there if you were trying. Some of the stripper pits are difficult to access but some are reclaimed for fishing etc. Those could easily have a SUV hidden in them. Warrick County has some very remote areas and many acres of farm ground. It is like trying to locate a needle in a haystack!
I agree. I couldn't find a route home that would take her near water.

Kristy Kelley Case Map

Maps posted by NeroSleuth

West of Boonville

iGrPW6w.jpg

East of Boonville
2crqzTP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online